• Established
Main Arsenal:
2 Bottles Natadrol
1 Bottle Prime
1 Bottle TestoPro

PCT:
2 Bottles Formadrol
2 Bottles T-911

- Icariian 500 (not sure where to place this one. During cycle or PCT? Suggestions wanted, please).

Supplementary (in case of lethargy. I get lethargic on supplements I shouldn't get lethargy from, but I suspect its usually a case of zealous over-training due to some strange, inherent sense of log obligations).

half bucket (left) of Anadraulic State GT, given to me by Rob “Gurgle Metal” METROBA.

Plan:

6 caps Natadrol and 6 caps Prime a day (3 caps Icariian 500?). Prime will run out mid-way of the Natadrol run and I’ll transition into the TestoPro at that point, at 6 caps.

PCT:
3 tabs T-911
6 caps Formadrol (3 caps Icariian 500?).

I’ve recently caught a bug for Olympic Lifting, though I am still bodybuilding as well. Aesthetics will always be a primary element of concern, however, currently, one of my goals are to maximize shoulder stability, core strength, driving power from a front squat, and forearm/grip strength. Basically, the main points associated with successful Olympic Lifting.

I found a special interest in Olympic Lifting when I realized what it was doing for my traps and forearms. Traps are one of my favorite muscles and the competitor in me really enjoys the performance factor involved in such a technical movement as the O-Snatch. Furthermore, my training partner is an MMA fighter, therefore, my interest in O-lifts and power movements in general “had” an applicable real world relevance. Power translates to his MMA performance. However, he got a hernia and an ACL tear, but my interest still stuck, at least for the time being.

My starting weight is 213.5lbs, but I don't expect my weight to fluctuate too much. PRIME is suppose to be a strength & power supp. I've ran it multiple, multiple times, so I know what to keep a feel for and expect. I've never done Natadrol, so we'll see how this goes.

This is a great video, even if you could careless about O-Lifts, it’s just interesting video about the China’s Men’s National Team.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
FIRST DAY

My first day was actually a bit of a wreck, performance wise. If you thought dead lifts had hit & miss days, the Olympic Snatch, being as technical as it is, where even neurological factors can physically influence your performance in a positive or negative manner, can really have polarizing good & bad days. Today was a bad day. For the record, I will have more “bodybuilding” like days where more of you can relate. I may be the only one interested in my Olympic Lifts performances. Side note, all O-lifts are mind boggling exhausting when doing reps.

Olympic Snatch
95lbs x 5 reps
115lbs x 5 reps
135lbs x 1 rep
135lbs x 1 reps
135lbs x (fail)

- I could tell by the first set that it was going to be a long day and it was.

Hang Snatch
95lbs x 5 reps
115lbs x 1 rep
115lbs x 1 rep
115lbs x (fail)

Off The Ground, Upright Rows, Super Wide Grip (aka Snatch Grip)
135lbs x 5 reps
155lbs x 5 reps
155lbs x 5 reps

Hang Cleans
135lbs x 5 reps
155lbs x 5 reps
155lbs x 5 reps

I perform all the hang movements without resetting, meaning, I don’t place the bar down and the stress on your forearms/grip is out-effing-rageous. With raw deads, you at least get a brief relief at the bottom.
Lastly, I don’t perform these lifts in an optimal fashion to develop power. I perform them with relatively short rests and that’s a no-no for optimal, power performance, “normally,” I do too many reps in the earlier sets and finally, I do too many redundant power movements on the same day. Again, I do this primarily for trap and upper back development and I need higher reps to accomplish this. However, today, my reps were incredibly low, because it was an uncharacteristically bad day. It happens.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not a workout day today. Brief report is that my appetite has noticeably increased. I’ve done 5-6 cycles of PRIME and PRIME never increased my appetite, so I’m assuming it must be the Natadrol. To me, that’s a good and bad thing. The last thing I needed was an increase in appetite. I’m a meso-endo, but I think it’d be more accurately described as an endo-meso, cause my fat@$$ side has more influence in the force. If this appetite increase continues, this will be an inadvertent bulk or if I’m disciplined, a good recomp.

Odd exercise no one here is going to try, of the day: Snatch Dead Lifts. Basically, it’s a dead lift performed with a snatch grip (extremely wide). It places a little more taxation on the upper back/traps and less on the lumbar. However, due to the staring stance being even lower and the lack of stability with having the weight so far up the body, it’s almost impossible to handle your regular Deads weight. It’s a nice supplement to Romanian Deads, because Sntach deads stress particular areas in the ROM of the dead lift that Romanian’s don’t. The stress of the Snatch Dead moves the stress from the Rhomboids/Teres muscles heavily targeted by Romanians to the trap peaks/upper back.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bodybuilding Back Day

Bodybuilding Back Day. We can put my O-lifts mumbo jumbo to rest today.

Hammer Strength, Behind The Neck Pull Downs
180lbs x 10 reps
200lbs x 8 reps
220lbs x 6 reps
220lbs x 5 reps

Wide Grip, Front Side, Lat Pull Downs
150lbs x 10 reps
170lbs x 8 reps
190lbs x 7 reps
190lbs x 6 reps

Wide, Parallel Bars Pull Ups
BW x 10 reps
BW x 8 reps
BW x 7 reps

Close , Reverse Grip, Lat Pull Downs
150lbs x 10 reps
170lbs x 8 reps
190lbs x 7 reps

This is only day 3, so I’m not expecting any notable gains for another few days. Nothing special intra-work yet. I’ll certainly share it when the wheels hit the road.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No DOMS today from yesterday’s workout. Granted, it wasn’t an “A+” workout, “B” maybe, I would normally feel “SOMETHING” in my upper lats, rhomboids/teres region and nothing. I feel its safe to assume that the enhanced recovery has kicked in.

Intra Workout Strength: N/A (for now)
Post workout recovery: B+

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’m a Certified Strength & Condition Coach, so I have keys to a performance facility, which I sometimes take advantage of late at night and O-lift there all by myself. It’s also nice because we use Olympic, bumper weights there. However, my primary gym is L.A. Fitness, and my goal is to be able to perform the O-Snatch with 135 easyt enough to do my O-Lifts at L.A. Fitness.

With Olympic weights, they’re all the same size circumference wise, from 10lbs up through 45’s, so with O-Lifts, you always have the same starting position, due to the weights all being the same size. However, at L.A. Fitness, the quarters are significantly smaller in circumference to the 45’s, so it throws my Snatch off. The timing of when to explode the hips becomes delayed using 25’s, as oppose to 45’s, so I’m trying to get powerful enough to make 45’s my repetition range. Hang’s and everything else doesn’t change from Olympic Weights to L.A. Fitness weights.

Side note, Olympic Weight 45’s are slightly larger in circumference then steel 45 plates, so dead lifting numbers tend to increase a touch using Olympic weights, because you don’t have to drop as low. I’m a stop & pause dead lifter, but if I weren’t, the added bounce would increase numbers as well.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Holla back!

My gym has a very nice selection of bumper plates, as well as a raised and designated DL pad. I am slowly working my DLs back up, as the cut for my competition wore my dry! My DLs went all the way down to last night's lift of 405 x 2 for drop and full pause reps.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Holla back!

My gym has a very nice selection of bumper plates, as well as a raised and designated DL pad. I am slowly working my DLs back up, as the cut for my competition wore my dry! My DLs went all the way down to last night's lift of 405 x 2 for drop and full pause reps.
405 x 5 (raw grip/no belt) was my recent best, but whenever I start to touch the 365+ range, my slip disc starts to give me problems again. This time around, I progressed super slow to and I can be problem free as if I never had a slip disc until I start pushing in the 365+ range. That could be part of the shift in obsession, from Deads to O-Lifts. Because I'm a lover of the dead lift, but i think I've quasi come to accept the fact that my suspect lumbar will forever be a limiting factor. I've re-aggravated my lumbar I think 5 times total now, each time when I re-attack dead lifts.

I haven't given up the heavy deads. I'm going to give it another go, slowly again, but I've armed myself with a sick Inzer belt. I've been one of those, anti belt, anti-wraps guys for awhile, but I think I need to accept my limitations of my lumbar, so I'm belting again.

This is my new belt, it's 13mm thick and it feels like compressed beef jerky. Very cow hide'ish. It can almost make you hungry.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for feedback on natadrol. I'm probably starting two bottles soon as well. I've dabble with oly lifts. Primarily oly full squats and the overhead squat. I think overhead squat is great for shoulder stability as well.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for feedback on natadrol. I'm probably starting two bottles soon as well. I've dabble with oly lifts. Primarily oly full squats and the overhead squat. I think overhead squat is great for shoulder stability as well.
I open my leg days with over-head squats. It's surprising how little amount of weight it takes on that movement to get you drenched in sweat.

It's amazing for shoulder stability and the core taxation puts England to shame. Overhead and Front squats are my two, current staple openers. Both are absolutely relevant, performance beneficiary-wise to me.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
405 x 5 (raw grip/no belt) was my recent best, but whenever I start to touch the 365+ range, my slip disc starts to give me problems again. This time around, I progressed super slow to and I can be problem free as if I never had a slip disc until I start pushing in the 365+ range. That could be part of the shift in obsession, from Deads to O-Lifts. Because I'm a lover of the dead lift, but i think I've quasi come to accept the fact that my suspect lumbar will forever be a limiting factor. I've re-aggravated my lumbar I think 5 times total now, each time when I re-attack dead lifts.

I haven't given up the heavy deads. I'm going to give it another go, slowly again, but I've armed myself with a sick Inzer belt. I've been one of those, anti belt, anti-wraps guys for awhile, but I think I need to accept my limitations of my lumbar, so I'm belting again.

This is my new belt, it's 13mm thick and it feels like compressed beef jerky. Very cow hide'ish. It can almost make you hungry.

Nice latch belt! I am using an old leather prong belt from the paleolithic era, which serves me well.

My recent best before going into full-on competition diet mode was 435 x 2, so my strength was obviously significantly reduced. This was partly a deliberate move, however, as I altered my workout strategies to compensate for the complete lack of joint lubrication during contest prep!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice latch belt! I am using an old leather prong belt from the paleolithic era, which serves me well.
LOL!

My recent best before going into full-on competition diet mode was 435 x 2, so my strength was obviously significantly reduced. This was partly a deliberate move, however, as I altered my workout strategies to compensate for the complete lack of joint lubrication during contest prep!
That's pretty impressive. I may have attempted 425 for a single while on high carbs, quasi-recently. Prior to my slip disc, my best was 495 x 2, but I don't ever expect to see those numbers again.

I had a short stint with my post-marital cut that didn't last more then 5 weeks and I recall performing deads on low/no carbs and 365 was unreasonably difficulty. I actually had a brief pass-out while doing 405's while on low/no carbs.

Kudos on sticking to such a disciplined venture as competing as a (relatively) newly wed. Being a diet & aesthetics nazi was much, much easier when I was single. I still care about aesthetics of course, but there has certainly been a shift in priorities since marriage life.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright Im just going to say this to make myself feel better 545 no belt and 585 with a belt. That being said Im a midget and have a super short ROM plus I am a little heavier. Oh and yall are by far more aesthetically pleasing lol.

And thanks it is a good sig. Figured I would keep it basic instead of promoting my logs like usual.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright Im just going to say this to make myself feel better 545 no belt and 585 with a belt. That being said Im a midget and have a super short ROM plus I am a little heavier. Oh and yall are by far more aesthetically pleasing lol.

And thanks it is a good sig. Figured I would keep it basic instead of promoting my logs like usual.
LOL, midget. Still, that's a ton of weight. I've actually never seen that much weight pushed in person.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Volc, you dropping into a front squat for your snatch-catch?
I drop into hams to calves on my Cleans (bar in front squat position) if that's what you mean. I only slightly break parallel on my Snatch (bar overhead).

My wrist flexibility isn't good enough to hold the bar in catch position with a full grasp. I can only hold it there with three fingers.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had a short stint with my post-marital cut that didn't last more then 5 weeks and I recall performing deads on low/no carbs and 365 was unreasonably difficulty. I actually had a brief pass-out while doing 405's while on low/no carbs.

Kudos on sticking to such a disciplined venture as competing as a (relatively) newly wed. Being a diet & aesthetics nazi was much, much easier when I was single. I still care about aesthetics of course, but there has certainly been a shift in priorities since marriage life.
It is difficult, and it was actually compounded as I went through surgery to correct a neurological deficit that was causing me some issues! The DLs on a cut feel like you are being punished for something.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Serious? U guys are talking about deadlifts right? :ponder:
I go to a very casual-gym-goer public gym. Not a lot of serious lifters there. Dead lifts aren't big here in Southern California or something, at least not at L.A. Fitness.

I never thought my personal numbers of 405-495 were anything special, cause I know guys at smaller, Gold's, Bulldog type gyms put up 500+ all day, but for L.A. Fitness, my numbers were beastly. I can count maybe 5 guys who can dead lift over 405 at L.A. Fitness.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I go to a very casual-gym-goer public gym. Not a lot of serious lifters there. Dead lifts aren't big here in Southern California or something, at least not at L.A. Fitness.

I never thought my personal numbers of 405-495 were anything special, cause I know guys at smaller, Gold's, Bulldog type gyms put up 500+ all day, but for L.A. Fitness, my numbers were beastly. I can count maybe 5 guys who can dead lift over 405 at L.A. Fitness.
Oh ok that makes sense. Where I go right now isnt deadlift friendly. It is an Air Force base fitness center. I would def say my deadlift is close to the top which is sad.

Well just keep on chugging along and maybe others will join suit.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is difficult, and it was actually compounded as I went through surgery to correct a neurological deficit that was causing me some issues! The DLs on a cut feel like you are being punished for something.
GSP would be proud of your perseverance.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
GSP would be proud of your perseverance.
What are your thoughts on GSP/Kos II?

I appreciate people building up Koschek as a credible contender, but, I honestly cannot see this fight turning out well for him.

While Koshcek's boxing has significantly improved since then, and his most recent win over Paul Daley showed a renewed commitment to effectively using top control wrestling, I honestly cannot say he poses a significant danger to GSP.

In evidence of that, I would point to their experiences with the most recent shared opponent between the two, Thiago Alves. Whereas Koschek was not only unable to complete a single TD in the bout, but also was completely nullified by Thiago on the feet, GSP thoroughly manhandled Thiago with the TD and (in my opinion) appreciably won the stand-up exchanges with him.

Even if Kos diligently trains his wrestling, I think GSP's size advantage and MMA wrestling prowess will prove to be too much for Fraggle Rock. Honestly, I feel the biggest threat to GSP's title was Thiago Alves, and we saw how that turned out.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Subbed fo sho!! Happy to see how you like the stack. It looks like a sweet one!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I drop into hams to calves on my Cleans (bar in front squat position) if that's what you mean. I only slightly break parallel on my Snatch (bar overhead).

My wrist flexibility isn't good enough to hold the bar in catch position with a full grasp. I can only hold it there with three fingers.
Yeah that's what I mean - I've never been able to manage squatting all the way down in my snatches. That, in and of itself is by far the hardest par of the lift for me.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are your thoughts on GSP/Kos II?

I appreciate people building up Koschek as a credible contender, but, I honestly cannot see this fight turning out well for him.

While Koshcek's boxing has significantly improved since then, and his most recent win over Paul Daley showed a renewed commitment to effectively using top control wrestling, I honestly cannot say he poses a significant danger to GSP.

In evidence of that, I would point to their experiences with the most recent shared opponent between the two, Thiago Alves. Whereas Koschek was not only unable to complete a single TD in the bout, but also was completely nullified by Thiago on the feet, GSP thoroughly manhandled Thiago with the TD and (in my opinion) appreciably won the stand-up exchanges with him.

Even if Kos diligently trains his wrestling, I think GSP's size advantage and MMA wrestling prowess will prove to be too much for Fraggle Rock. Honestly, I feel the biggest threat to GSP's title was Thiago Alves, and we saw how that turned out.
I think the greatest determining factor as to who's wrestling will prevail superior, in particular TD success, will be striking and I think GSP is the more dynamic striker. I made up an odd sounding oxymoron about GSP. He has the most unpredictably, predictable TD's. You are 100% certain they are coming, but you can almost never see them coming.

Dynamic striking masks a good TD. Both are acclimated enough to stuff each others TD's with a decent sprawl, especially if you fight with a wrestler/striker hybrid stance like Rashad, always remaining sprawl ready. However, the threat of dynamic striking forces you out of that sprawl ready stance and obstructs your mind, which is why I think GSP's TD's are so successful. Arguably, he lacks KO power, but his strikes are dynamic and threatening enough to mask a coming TD, even when the opponent knows to be TDD ready at all times against him. You can only learn to sprawl so good. Fighters hardly suffer from lack of sprawl technique, (save for Gegard Mousasi) its lack of foresight of a TD well masked behind dynamic striking and GSP excels at that.

Maia vs Silva and Aoki vs Melendez were great examples of fighters with arguably good TD ability, technique-wise, but zero striking threat to set it up. Apart from GSP's obvious power advantages, I think what primarily separates his TD's from other fighters, is his dynamic striking. There's no real comfort zone against him, you have to worry about it all.

Kos has good striking, arguably greater power, but I don't see GSP getting into a wild, punching flurry with Kos and I certainly don't see Kos picking a window open enough to launch a KO punch.

As for top control or bottom defense. GSP seems more dynamic in his top control then Kos as well. GSP transitions better and I think he has better general grasp of "MMA" wrestling then Kos. The only discrepancy is that I think we may see GSP on his back at some point for the first time and I can't speak on that. I haven't seen the reinvigorated Samurai GSP on his back yet.

Overall, I think GSP is and should be heavily favored. Kos did look good against Semtex, but Semtex was looking for the KO most of the time and when you've got someone looking to throw bombs, the TD is usually there for the taking and GSP won't be doing that.

People keep focusing on the wrestling comparison between the two, but it's the striking that will makes GSP's wrestling the greater threat.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah that's what I mean - I've never been able to manage squatting all the way down in my snatches. That, in and of itself is by far the hardest par of the lift for me.
Watching women Olympic lifters can get depressing. They have the core strength to go hams to calves on snatches and with more weight then what I can handle.... here, join in my depression. Watch their lats at the catch and their quads as well.

Watch until the second lifter, Pawina Thongsuk of Thailand. Her quads are outrageous and she has the face of Tony Jaa.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
MMA Fans.

For the record, all MMA talk is welcomed and encouraged in here. Even if you could give a two-bit rats arse about Natadrol or Prime. I'd love it if you were here solely to talk MMA. All are welcomed except Frank Mir fans.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Watching women Olympic lifters can get depressing. They have the core strength to go hams to calves on snatches and with more weight then what I can handle.... here, join in my depression. Watch their lats at the catch and their quads as well.

Watch until the second lifter, Pawina Thongsuk of Thailand. Her quads are outrageous and she has the face of Tony Jaa.
That was awesome. Popova's speed in her clean and jerk was phenomenal, and I was surprised by the wide stance taken by the the 3rd lifter.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the greatest determining factor as to who's wrestling will prevail superior, in particular TD success, will be striking and I think GSP is the more dynamic striker. I made up an odd sounding oxymoron about GSP. He has the most unpredictably, predictable TD's. You are 100% certain they are coming, but you can almost never see them coming.

Dynamic striking masks a good TD. Both are acclimated enough to stuff each others TD's with a decent sprawl, especially if you fight with a wrestler/striker hybrid stance like Rashad, always remaining sprawl ready. However, the threat of dynamic striking forces you out of that sprawl ready stance and obstructs your mind, which is why I think GSP's TD's are so successful. Arguably, he lacks KO power, but his strikes are dynamic and threatening enough to mask a coming TD, even when the opponent knows to be TDD ready at all times against him. You can only learn to sprawl so good. Fighters hardly suffer from lack of sprawl technique, (save for Gegard Mousasi) its lack of foresight of a TD well masked behind dynamic striking and GSP excels at that.

Maia vs Silva and Aoki vs Melendez were great examples of fighters with arguably good TD ability, technique-wise, but zero striking threat to set it up. Apart from GSP's obvious power advantages, I think what primarily separates his TD's from other fighters, is his dynamic striking. There's no real comfort zone against him, you have to worry about it all.

Kos has good striking, arguably greater power, but I don't see GSP getting into a wild, punching flurry with Kos and I certainly don't see Kos picking a window open enough to launch a KO punch.

As for top control or bottom defense. GSP seems more dynamic in his top control then Kos as well. GSP transitions better and I think he has better general grasp of "MMA" wrestling then Kos. The only discrepancy is that I think we may see GSP on his back at some point for the first time and I can't speak on that. I haven't seen the reinvigorated Samurai GSP on his back yet.

Overall, I think GSP is and should be heavily favored. Kos did look good against Semtex, but Semtex was looking for the KO most of the time and when you've got someone looking to throw bombs, the TD is usually there for the taking and GSP won't be doing that.

People keep focusing on the wrestling comparison between the two, but it's the striking that will makes GSP's wrestling the greater threat.
Really could not agree more. What really lies at the nexus of GSP's unpredictable TD is that, along with the dynamic striking you mention, his footwork is both impeccable and belies the takedown which is ultimately to come.

Whereas other wrestlers maintain a an open footed stance (from lead to back foot) in order to keep the lead leg out for a shot (at the risk of suffering leg kicks) GSP maintains more of an orthodox kickboxing style, but changes levels and powers through the double leg extremely well. The maintenance of a more orthodox striking stance almost completely negates the ability of his opponents to time the TD properly, and in addition, also leaves them more susceptible to his strikes as a consequence - in my opinion, that is precisely why GSP is effective in both realms.

On top of that, unlike Josh Koshchek's million-mile-shot, GSP does a more than adequate job of setting up his TDs from various distances and levels, which adds an even further element of unpredictability to his grappling game. I think this becomes compounded by the fact he rarely exchanges strikes in the pocket, and chooses instead to strike and circle to his opponent's weak side immediately after the jab or leg kick, from which point he sets up an off-balance opponent.

I would also mention that I consider GSP's top control and guard to be superior to Koshcek's as well, which is why GSP has been on his back - even after facing Fitch - for less than two minutes since 2006, or some such ungodly figure. While Koschek's collegiate (folkstyle) wrestling ought to represent a style more conducive to top control wrestling than GSP's internationally-based wrestling style (which favors TDs over pins, for scoring in particular), GSP compliments his wrestling with an adept guard. If Kos does manage to take GSP down, there is almost no risk for a submission and GSP's hip positioning and posture control, I feel, are too proficient to allow for any danger in that regard.

In terms of entertainment perspective, I simply hope GSP turns into more of the vicious GNP-GSP ala Fitch/Penn II, rather than the BJJ-centric GSP ala Hardy. The fact he is not actively training at Renzo's academy for this camp, and is training with Roach, makes me suspect the former.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoulders

Natadrol: The main symptom I've already begun to experience is a veracious appetite. I'd have to say my caloric intake has probably increased 25% in the last couple of days. Furthermore, during T, W, Thursdays, I have to do my S&C stuff at 6:00am, so I always take some form of fat burner on those days, strictly for the energy. I took 2 caps of Adrenaline in the morning yesterday and 2 caps of Adrenaline at 1:00pm (where I work at a law firm from 9-5 and have recently received a dual computer monitor set up, so I feel like Tom Cruise in Vanilla Sky, anyway, and I ate at 1:30pm). Although I've been experiencing an increase in appetite since day 2 of my cycle, yesterday was my first day where a fat burner, along with all it's appetite suppressing properties were involved, yet nonetheless, by 2:30'ish pm, I suddenly felt serious hunger pains, almost a hypoglycemic like hunger. Apart from that, nothing else of note has occurred, but I'll touch a little more on that next.

Prime: Historically, I'm a hyper-responder to Prime. I seem to respond to Prime faster then most and more drastically then most, which is why I've ran Prime 5 or 6 times, it just seems to be my supp. Historically, I would have experienced some strength gains or at least some added muscle endurance. I haven't yet, but I'm fairly confident I know why.

Whatever Prime does, it effects my muscle strength tremendously, but for me, those signs of induced strength come primarily in the realm of machines, smiths or anything that does not take into account the limitations of stabilizers. I'm almost certain if I had done something machine, hammer or smith-wise this morning, I would have moved more poundage and/or increased repetition. This is just my personal experience and my personal limitations.

However, the run is still young and I'm excited to see what happens when the Natadrol and Prime become fully active in my system.

SHOULDERS

Standing, Barbell Jerk Press
(I performed these at L.A. Fitness this morning, which means I had to keep them in a safe zone. With Olympic bumper weights, you can take this exercise to the limits of failure, where it's okay to attempt a weight, fail and drop it from an overhead position. You can't do that at L.A. Fitness, so I kept the movement relatively beneficial, but not optimally beneficial).

95lbs x 8 reps
105lbs x 6 reps
115lbs x 5 reps
115lbs x 5 reps
115lbs x 5 reps

Standing, Barbell Military Press
95lbs x 10 reps
115lbs x 10 reps
135lbs x 6 reps
135lbs x 5 reps
135lbs x 5 reps

Wide Grip, Upright Rows
65lbs x 10 reps
85lbs x 10 reps
115bs x 8 reps
135lbs x 6 reps
135lbs x 6 reps

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed Volcom, good talk going on in here about everything.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was awesome. Popova's speed in her clean and jerk was phenomenal, and I was surprised by the wide stance taken by the the 3rd lifter.
The short haired girl in the blue who grunts. I'm 100% for women weight lifting, bodybuilding, power lifting, whatever, but those grunts she let out wasn't like a (relatively) "normal" grunt like you hear when women play tennis or even push hard in the gym, but it was like a deep, death metal singer grunt. It just wasn't natural, but yeah, she did take an abnormally wide stance. It would technically cut down on the time for descending to stabilizing, but it'd be a funky lift off. Sumo Cleans or something.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really could not agree more. What really lies at the nexus of GSP's unpredictable TD is that, along with the dynamic striking you mention, his footwork is both impeccable and belies the takedown which is ultimately to come.

Whereas other wrestlers maintain a an open footed stance (from lead to back foot) in order to keep the lead leg out for a shot (at the risk of suffering leg kicks) GSP maintains more of an orthodox kickboxing style, but changes levels and powers through the double leg extremely well. The maintenance of a more orthodox striking stance almost completely negates the ability of his opponents to time the TD properly, and in addition, also leaves them more susceptible to his strikes as a consequence - in my opinion, that is precisely why GSP is effective in both realms.

On top of that, unlike Josh Koshchek's million-mile-shot, GSP does a more than adequate job of setting up his TDs from various distances and levels, which adds an even further element of unpredictability to his grappling game. I think this becomes compounded by the fact he rarely exchanges strikes in the pocket, and chooses instead to strike and circle to his opponent's weak side immediately after the jab or leg kick, from which point he sets up an off-balance opponent.

I would also mention that I consider GSP's top control and guard to be superior to Koshcek's as well, which is why GSP has been on his back - even after facing Fitch - for less than two minutes since 2006, or some such ungodly figure. While Koschek's collegiate (folkstyle) wrestling ought to represent a style more conducive to top control wrestling than GSP's internationally-based wrestling style (which favors TDs over pins, for scoring in particular), GSP compliments his wrestling with an adept guard. If Kos does manage to take GSP down, there is almost no risk for a submission and GSP's hip positioning and posture control, I feel, are too proficient to allow for any danger in that regard.

In terms of entertainment perspective, I simply hope GSP turns into more of the vicious GNP-GSP ala Fitch/Penn II, rather than the BJJ-centric GSP ala Hardy. The fact he is not actively training at Renzo's academy for this camp, and is training with Roach, makes me suspect the former.
Certainly. I think Kos will be over-prepared for wrestling, but the real 3 finger shocker is going to be what he experiences from GSP when they're on their feet. Much like how Thiago Alves was suppose to eat GSP alive on their feet, but actually got out struck by GSP (along with the TD's at will).

However, watching Alves mind fek himself about GSP's striking x TD's was kind of sad, but the index, middle finger and pinky was too far up at that point; he caught the French-Canadian Shocker and there's no recovering from that once it's in place.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Certainly. I think Kos will be over-prepared for wrestling, but the real 3 finger shocker is going to be what he experiences from GSP when they're on their feet. Much like how Thiago Alves was suppose to eat GSP alive on their feet, but actually got out struck by GSP (along with the TD's at will).

However, watching Alves mind fek himself about GSP's striking x TD's was kind of sad, but the index, middle finger and pinky was too far up at that point; he caught the French-Canadian Shocker and there's no recovering from that once it's in place.
It was, actually. Unlike Hardy, you saw Alves' will break in that fight. By the third round, he was panting and the look in his face was one of complete unawareness.

By the time Kos realizes the shaft has reached penetration, GSP will already be bathing the dog.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting Day

Today was suppose to be a rest day, because I was exhausted, but I really wanted to lift. I sat in the gym parking for 20 min debating whether I have the energy or not and eventually, I just walked on in and decided to see what I've got in me.

RACK DEADS (right above the knee cap)
225lbs x 10 reps
315lbs x 10 reps
365lbs x 5 reps
405lbs x 5 reps
455lbs x 5 reps
500lbs x 3 reps (5 plates and 2.5's, kind of comical)
550lbs x 3 reps

I felt I could have gone on, but something felt off in my lower back at the second rep with 550, but I fought for a 3rd anyway, so I'll see how this turns out.

Barbell Shrugs
225lbs x 10 reps
275lbx x 10 reps
275lbs x 8 reps
275lbs x 8 reps
275lbs x 8 reps

I didn't pyramid the weight because my lower back felt suspect after my last set of racks.

I was pleased with the rack deads, but of course they are only rack deads. I feel I could have done more. I'm fairly certain I could have handled 6 plates, but my lower back may have been aggravated. I said I've been meaning to take it slow on my lumbar, so I didn't perform Romanian's and stuck with racks, however, I've managed to over do it with those as well.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
James Toney: "Wrestling and Jiu Jitsu are for girls"

He supposedly choked out Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion Muhammad ‘King Mo’ Lawal during a training session (with a guillotine or an RNC depending which version he tells you), but heavyweight boxer James Toney still says “all that jiu jitsu stuff is for girls”.

The former heavyweight boxing champion tells Fighters Only that he has no fear of being out-wrestled by Couture, nor is he fazed at the prospect of fighting a man who has held both the heavyweight and the light-heavyweight titles in the UFC.

“I don’t care if Randy Couture is a legend in this sport, I have had a career of knocking guys out in their back yards. Boxing is the superior science, we are the best. I am going to show that wrestling and hugging people is for women. That’s not going to happen against me. I have a lot of KO’s in my career and you will see another one on August 28th,” Toney told us.

Asked if the rumours about him submitting King Mo in one of their training sessions is true, Toney said it is. (Although the original version of the rumour had Toney submitting Lawal - a former Olympic wrestler - with a guillotine.)

“Yeah its true, I worked with King Mo. He was happy to come down and spar with me. He showed me some skills and I submitted him with a rear-naked choke. But you know that jiu jitsu, all the hugging… its for girls,” says Toney, who seemingly finds “hugging” another man to be the most alarming prospect of a fight with Couture.

Many fans are sceptical when it comes to Toney’s claims to have submitted Lawal but he doesn’t care, because he is planning a KO not a submission. And if he does win? Toney has repeatedly called for a fight with Brock Lesnar and he stands by his claims he can beat the former WWE star.

“Come on man. Lesnar is a former wrestler-actor [and he’s] now in the UFC. He runs with his head down. Yeah I want to fight him down the line. I’ll fight the lot of them - in one night if I have to!”
http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=4917

It'll be a damn shame if Randy actually loses to this guy. I can't imagine the stuff he would spew if he wins.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice.

What do you think about Big Nog/Mir II and Rog Nog/Bader? I'm predicting a double Nog loss that night. Staph or not, I don't see anything in Big Nog's stand up for Mir's stand up, assuming the same Mir shows up.

Rog Nog/Bader is (recently underwhelming) technical boxing vs KO power striker and BJJ expert vs power wrestler. Prior to Brilz, I thought Rog Nog was in the mix for the future of the LHW class, but currently, he seems a bit suspect in my book and I predict a Bader KO or GnP, TKO.

How do you feel about it?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel the exact same, actually. Rog Nog showed his (obviously) active guard and hip control against a wrestler in the Brilz fight, but can we honestly compare Brilz to Bader in terms of wrestling ability or pedigree? That being said, like most wrestlers in MMA other than King Mo, Brock Lesnar, Ben Askren, Phil Davis and a handful of others, Bader has fallen in love with his boxing at the expense of his wrestling. Really, if he chooses not to employ it, as he very well may, Bader's wrestling is a moot point.

If it comes down to a striking match, I expect Rog Nog to recollect himself and prepare a superior strategy to Bader's "let's just wing this huge right hand and hope it lands, ala Dan Henderson" to take the decision.

With respect to Big Nog/Mir II, I have to completely agree there as well. While Frank Mir will never again be the champion, or in my opinion, competently vie for the title, he is still latching onto the upper echelon of UFC HWs whereas Nog has already fallen - just seems he is not entirely aware of that yet.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel the exact same, actually. Rog Nog showed his (obviously) active guard and hip control against a wrestler in the Brilz fight, but can we honestly compare Brilz to Bader in terms of wrestling ability or pedigree? That being said, like most wrestlers in MMA other than King Mo, Brock Lesnar, Ben Askren, Phil Davis and a handful of others, Bader has fallen in love with his boxing at the expense of his wrestling. Really, if he chooses not to employ it, as he very well may, Bader's wrestling is a moot point.

If it comes down to a striking match, I expect Rog Nog to recollect himself and prepare a superior strategy to Bader's "let's just wing this huge right hand and hope it lands, ala Dan Henderson" to take the decision.

With respect to Big Nog/Mir II, I have to completely agree there as well. While Frank Mir will never again be the champion, or in my opinion, competently vie for the title, he is still latching onto the upper echelon of UFC HWs whereas Nog has already fallen - just seems he is not entirely aware of that yet.
Nog's loss to Mir was amongst the most heart-breaking moments in MMA for me.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nog's loss to Mir was amongst the most heart-breaking moments in MMA for me.
That was a double edged sword for me. Firstly, I was rooting for Big Nog, and secondly, I really, really dislike Frank Mir. My desire for Big Nog to win was further compounded by the fact that this was suppose to be the "new" Frank Mir debut and I really didn't want that debut to be successful.

Speaking of Blackhouse. Rumors from MMA circles in L.A. (in regards to Blackhouse, Los Angeles) say that all of Chael's talking is really pissing Anderson off. Not so much that it's getting to his head in a detrimental manner, but that it's making Anderson very focused and determined.

I don't know who's crazier, the sum total of Chael's ramblings, James Toney's ramblings, Frank Mir making a video claiming he didn't watch the Brock v Carwin fight because he was disinterested, then telling Carwin he needs to polish his game, or the newly added to the crazy list, Ross Pearson, saying his striking is superior to BJ Penn.

Ross Pearson:

“We’re all very good at doing what we like to do. BJ’s ground game and wrestling is unbelievable, but I feel I’m a far better striker than he is. I might never be as good as he is at one thing, but he might never be as good as me at another. I’m not near a BJJ black belt, but a fight is a fight and anything can happen, that’s what makes the sport so exciting.”
http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs/ross-pearson-i-feel-im-a-far

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was a double edged sword for me. Firstly, I was rooting for Big Nog, and secondly, I really, really dislike Frank Mir. My desire for Big Nog to win was further compounded by the fact that this was suppose to be the "new" Frank Mir debut and I really didn't want that debut to be successful.

Speaking of Blackhouse. Rumors from MMA circles in L.A. (in regards to Blackhouse, Los Angeles) say that all of Chael's talking is really pissing Anderson off. Not so much that it's getting to his head in a detrimental manner, but that it's making Anderson very focused and determined.

I don't know who's crazier, the sum total of Chael's ramblings, James Toney's ramblings, Frank Mir making a video claiming he didn't watch the Brock v Carwin fight because he was disinterested, then telling Carwin he needs to polish his game, or the newly added to the crazy list, Ross Pearson, saying his striking is superior to BJ Penn.

Ross Pearson:

http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs/ross-pearson-i-feel-im-a-far
Sadly, this seems to be the new thing to do to get attention.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I'd love to see Rog Nog come in and reinvigorate his UFC reputation. I felt he could have fought better then he did. I'm neutral on Bader, I don't care for him much and I'd like to see Rog Nog come in sharp and dominating. I'll always be biased toward ex Pride FC fighters.

Speaking of which, Mirco's last fight was great. It's debatable whether the fact he was facing one of his own fan boys saved him in the early rounds, but either way, I liked Barry more, for liking Mirco so much. They made Barry's leg kicks seem uber-Godly in the UFC previews and that worried me, but it turned out so sweet and Barry won me over. Hard for me not to like a Mirco fan.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd love to see Rog Nog come in and reinvigorate his UFC reputation. I felt he could have fought better then he did. I'm neutral on Bader, I don't care for him much and I'd like to see Rog Nog come in sharp and dominating. I'll always be biased toward ex Pride FC fighters.

Speaking of which, Mirco's last fight was great. It's debatable whether the fact he was facing one of his own fan boys saved him in the early rounds, but either way, I liked Barry more, for liking Mirco so much. They made Barry's leg kicks seem uber-Godly in the UFC previews and that worried me, but it turned out so sweet and Barry won me over. Hard for me not to like a Mirco fan.
Here's something I've always wondered: why is it sometimes Mirko and other times Mirco? I've seen it both ways during his entrances.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's something I've always wondered: why is it sometimes Mirko and other times Mirco? I've seen it both ways during his entrances.
and I've been corrected spelling it both ways :ponder: