HereToStudy and his new buddy, Torrent Zero.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Torrent Zero
Apple Jacked
Mini Review/Log

Looks like I can't stay away from logging, haha.​

As usual, I will provide photos of the product, but I forgot to take them before coming to work today. Will get those up later.

Alright I am pretty excited about this one because as much as I do have alot of respect for Universal Nutrition and what they have done in the industry, I have yet to try their products besides samples. As we all know samples never give you the full taste of the products effects when compared to a full tub. Lets see if Universal wins a place in my heart.

Obviously the flavor I have chosen for logging is the Apple Jacked. Now I usually shy away from fruit flavored protein drinks (you guys might remember this from my NutraPro mini-log/review). But being low carb, it might work better then the usual heavier flavors like Chocolate.

Last Night was my first experience with Torrent Zero.

My routine was designed by GeekPoop. It is designed to combine mass building with increases in strength. This is done through both power and hypertrophy days.

Yesterday was an Upper Power day. Lifts basically look like this:

-5x5 or 3x5 for all lifts(5x5 on bulk cause recovery is better, 3x5 on cut)
-Barbell Bench Press
-Barbell Rows
-Military Press
-Barbell Shrugs

Since I am currently on a cut (&*@$ I hate Cutting), I am down to 3x5. At this point I am down a bit on strength, which is always upsetting, but I have significantly cut carbs, which effects me very dramatically. This is actually where the Torrent Zero helps. I also recently finished 2 weeks of clenbuterol. I am currently on my two weeks off, before completing my final two weeks. Along with the Torrent Zero, I am taking CLA from Primordial Performance.

The flavor of the Torrent Zero is quite interesting. Consider it a liquid version of an apple jolly rancher. It isn't very sweet, but sweet enough to keep the fruit flavor alive. I enjoyed the flavor, and for being low carb, it suprised me.

I am dosing as per instruction, which is one scoop pre workout, two cups post workout. I am also using Primordial Performance's iBCAAs during workout.

So far so good. This week I won't report any gains/losses in strength, because I will use this week as a base, but in all reality the goal is to maintain strength, since I am in a cut. So far I am happy with the Torrent Zero. Stay tuned, more observations surely to come...

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I brought the beer! Wait, what?

IM IN BRO!

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Oh! Sounds like a good routine, especially for a cut. Geekpoop certainly looks like he knows what he's doing

And taste i always the icing on the cake. I dont base a decision (to buy or not) off of taste, but it certainly does not hurt for you to enjoy sipping on a supplement. Makes using it long term not seem trechorous. (i know i slaughtered the spelling there)

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh! Sounds like a good routine, especially for a cut. Geekpoop certainly looks like he knows what he's doing

And taste i always the icing on the cake. I dont base a decision (to buy or not) off of taste, but it certainly does not hurt for you to enjoy sipping on a supplement. Makes using it long term not seem trechorous. (i know i slaughtered the spelling there)
Yea that was kinda my immediate benefit I noted, but I will get more indepth about how it feels towards recovery, etc.

The thing is I am taking in much less carbs then usualy which is usually something that I completely notice in my workouts/recovery. I will be most interested in analyzing how it affects various aspects of my workout, including recovery. I feel I won't notice much of the creatine benefits, since I am a regular user of creatine. The Aminos should assist with recovery/endurance, since it is in addition to the BCAAs I take intra.

We shall see..

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Hey lookin good here. I'm in. I've been enjoying the Apple Jacked T-Z myself. The GAA Torrent is a stronger flavor and I usually used more water in it. In this stuff, I don't have too but the flavor is similar.

Hg

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
I'm a little late... But, here for the party!!!

Deadspace

Deadspace

Banned
Awards
Heretostudy we meet again... It has been a while I have a new log check it out man. Please though keep the assumptions of who I am to just a pm. I do not need unwanted attention lol.

Still at it I see very good...

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey lookin good here. I'm in. I've been enjoying the Apple Jacked T-Z myself. The GAA Torrent is a stronger flavor and I usually used more water in it. In this stuff, I don't have too but the flavor is similar.

Hg
Yea the flavor is good. I probably do 8 oz for the 1 scoop, and 12 for the dual scoop. The 12oz/2scoop is the sweet spot for me.

I'm a little late... But, here for the party!!!
Welcome

Heretostudy we meet again... It has been a while I have a new log check it out man. Please though keep the assumptions of who I am to just a pm. I do not need unwanted attention lol.

Still at it I see very good...
Oh man, I think I have an idea.

Im here not to study lol.
That's fine, we can bs as well...:bigok:

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well last night was a lower power day. Lifts consisted of:

-Back Squat
-Deadlift
-Calf Raises
-Cardio (warm up/cool down)

Everything went good. I think the Torrent Zero as a perworkout drink (1 scoop before workout, and I actually mixed it with AGST last night) is adding alittle extra boost to the regular BCAAs I take intraworkout. I felt like I was going a bit stronger then I have been (remember I am on a cut (reduced carbs) - so going down in strength has been an inevitable reality for me). Came home and drank another 2 scoops, I put the bottle in the freezer for a little bit. The flavor is enhanced the colder it gets.

So, so far I am seeing a slight increase in my endurance as well as recovery. I went from hardly walking right last night to barely any pain this morning.

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
The freezer thing is a good idea, I like most my supplement drinks COLD.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Yea the flavor is good. I probably do 8 oz for the 1 scoop, and 12 for the dual scoop. The 12oz/2scoop is the sweet spot for me.
Just making sure you know, a single serving is 3 scoops.

Deadspace

Deadspace

Banned
Awards
Hay Harry If you want I can be nude I am very sexual after lifting that is the best time for a nude shot I look like Brad Pitt after his battle in troy...

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I thought the label wanted it split 1 pre 2 post? Should I just take all 3 post?
Well the label is a bit confusing but a serving is 3 scoops and the 1 scoop to 10oz is there so you know how much water to use. I believe they are recommending a serving pre and a serving post? That would be 6 scoops. I'll get the answer for you on this because doing it this way would be 60oz of water during workout.

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Our apologies fellas, that was a type on the label. The correct info is 3 scoops to be taken post-workout. We will get the labels fixed for the next batches going out.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well the label is a bit confusing but a serving is 3 scoops and the 1 scoop to 10oz is there so you know how much water to use. I believe they are recommending a serving pre and a serving post? That would be 6 scoops. I'll get the answer for you on this because doing it this way would be 60oz of water during workout.
Our apologies fellas, that was a type on the label. The correct info is 3 scoops to be taken post-workout. We will get the labels fixed for the next batches going out.

Cool, thanks guys I will switch to that.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Sweet, thanks for clearing that up NG. Much appreciated.

Hg

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's good to have you, Ive been following your log and it made me jealous that I hadn't received mine yet.
Hahaha, well now yours will outlast mine, so ill be jealous mines gone once its gone!

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, last night I ended up have a last minute company outing type night, and missed the gym, looks like I will be shifting my week a bit to not miss a workout. no TZ consumed.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Damn, last night I ended up have a last minute company outing type night, and missed the gym, looks like I will be shifting my week a bit to not miss a workout. no TZ consumed.
Slacker! Ha ha! I kid, I kid :) Hope you had a great evening bro.

Hg

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Slacker! Ha ha! I kid, I kid :) Hope you had a great evening bro.

Hg
You as well! I hate missing the gym..

My boss is moving out of state and was wanting me to come out. I assumed this meant late night. Well after I agree, he is like, alright we'll meet in a couple hours. Because I don't drive, by the time I get home then commute to gym and back, it wouldn't have happened.

Time to make up for it tonight.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
You as well! I hate missing the gym..

My boss is moving out of state and was wanting me to come out. I assumed this meant late night. Well after I agree, he is like, alright we'll meet in a couple hours. Because I don't drive, by the time I get home then commute to gym and back, it wouldn't have happened.

Time to make up for it tonight.
I'm the same way man, trust me. My wife insists I go to the gym when it is time because she doesn't want to hear all the whining that goes on when I miss it :D

Hg

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So true.

Alright today was a upper body hypertrophy Chest and Arm day.
DB Incline Bench
Barbell Close Grip Bench - I might stop these and switch in skull crushers
DB Flat Bench
Preacher Curls Supersetted with Standing French Press
Push Downs supersetted with DB Hammer Curls
Cable Crossovers
Machine Curl Suppersetted with machine Dips

Most went to plan except I didn't superset the machine curls/dips.

Came home and had 3 scoops of Torrent Zero in water. Mixed with a blender ball bottle. Mixed smoothly, tasted good, good to go. It interestingly foams quite a bit from being shaken, more so then I am used to in most powdered drinks, but letting it sit for 30sec to 1 minute and it goes away. The foam doesnt bother me, I am after all a craft beer lover, so I know how to enjoy a good head on a drink, haha...but if it did bother someone, they could just let it settle.

It actually is balanced well on how much it fills you as well. I like to have a meal about 1 hour after my PWO, and this allows me to without feeling overly full.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Missing a couple updates here:

Saturday I had my Hypertrophy Shoulders/Back/Traps

-DB Shoulder Press Supersetted with DB Front Raise
-DB One Arm Row Supersetted with DB Arnold Press
-Lat Pull Down (wide) supper setted with DB Shrugs
-Lat Pull Down (close) SuperSetted with DB Upright Row
-T-bar row

Yesterday I did cardio, light running nothing much.

I am really enjoying the TZ. The taste has really grown on me and I look forward to taking it. Still mixing in a blender bottle, throwing in freezer, showering, and chugging it when I come out. Delicious, no carbs, and protein :D This is great for a low carb diet.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright Sorry Guys, I have lost some of my written notes on my workout, so I havn't updated as much in hopes I would find them. Teaches me I should just stick to phone notes (which I have done all along as well). So I will try to recap the past couple days.

Monday was an Upper Power day.

Bar Bench
Bar Row
Military
Shrugs

Everything stayed pretty consistent weight wise. Im done a bito n Bench/Row, but I am still trying to keep calories lower, even though I have had a couple unfortunate cheat days, (more on this in a bit).

Tuesday was my lower power day, but I actually have been having a bit of knee pain, so I went pretty light on squats, did my calf raises, but pretty much switched over to light cardio for the rest of the session. Sucks, but I avoid injury as much as possible. My knee has gotten better, and I attribute this to not pushing it.

Wednesday, DAY OFF.

Thursday - Last Night:
I moved my workout days over one day to make last night a cardio day. Very light as well, but for a decent amount of time.

Tonight, I have hypertrophy Chest and Arms, and will continue on from there.

Note:

So as to the comment about the cheat meals. Me and my girl consider ourselves amateur chefs, so we like to cook big meals together and enjoy. Usually I try to keep this under control so that it fits my macros/goals. But, she is leaving for Rome to stay there for 3.5 months (school), so I have been trying to spend as much time with her as possible, and this has lead to more cheat meals, and trying to fit my workouts around us hanging out. I hate doing this, but she will be gone soon, so I am just trying to enjoy some time with her while I can. The only good thing out of her being in Rome, and really the only good thing, is that I will be doing my Turinabol-LV/Androhard cycle. I am not running this during her trip to hide it (she knows about it and is perfectly ok with me cycling), but rather for the uninteruppted diet/workouts/sleep.

As for the Torrent Zero:

I am still enjoying this. I mentioned earlier (at least I think I did) that I usually don't like fruit protein or water based protein drinks. Torrent Zero has changed that for me and shown that it can be enjoyable, and really quite refreshing after a workout.

The only complaint I have in the mixing/drinking is the foam that forms, for whatever reason the foam does not taste as good as the actual drink. This really is no longer an issue for me since I still it in the freezer and let it settle during my shower.

It has given me the one hour-ish gateway between my PWO shake and my PWO meal hungerfree, which is always a good thing as I hate starving between meals.

I am glad that I grabbed the apple, I enjoy the flavor, much more so then I think I would have enjoyed the watermelon.

kmcart

Awards
So far you think its worth the money? Sounds great so far just trying to weigh out the money unfortunately.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So far you think its worth the money? Sounds great so far just trying to weigh out the money unfortunately.
Being completely honest, I think the MSRP is a bit high. BUT...BUT...90% of the supplement market has a high MSRP. If you search around you can find it for a good price, and then I would say it is worth it. It is pretty good for someone on a cut, particularly someone like me who hates most protein in water (as opposed to milk). If you are on a cut, particularly one with carb concerns (which constitutes a majority of cutting schedules) then it is worth it. I will use it in the future for this reason. It also has made recovery overall pretty nice.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Nice. We appreciate the honest feedback bro. Probably getting a little low in the tub by now eh?

Hg

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Currently still going strong on this. I am sorry for the lack of consistent logs, I have had alot going on lately.

I am finally starting to get some strength increase again, but that is most likely because I have upped my calories a bit. Since my last update, I have seen increases in:

DB Incline Bench
DB Flat Bench
Cable Crossovers

The Torrent Zero is disapearing fast. :(

I promise to finish this log off strong through the end of it, starting with tonight and my upper power lifts.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright so last night I had my upper power workout.

Sunday: Upper Power

-Barbell Bench Press
-Barbell Rows
-Military Press
-Barbell Shrugs
3x5 again because I have reduced carb intake again and lowered cals a bit. Oh yea, and I am back on Clenbuterol :D

BB Rows +5
Military +10
BB Shrugs +10

I was pretty happy with this being in reduced calories. Did my usual quick hit of isolation exercises after power lifts to compensate for areas I felt weaker. Got home, mixed my Torrent Zero, Stuck it in the freezer, showered, drank it after.

Tonight is lower power. I have missed some legs in the past month so I plan to compensate by hitting them hard.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nearing the End :(

Tuesday

Lower Power

Back Squat
Deadlift
Standing Calf

Done at 5x5.

This is by far my shortest workout, which usually allows me to push alittle harder, but I wasn't able to make any gains this week in it. My legs have been weak lately, in combination with cutting, it is kinda expected. Im not phased yet, my time will come after this cut to start making the pain come again in my legs

Wednesday

Off Day - No Cardio

Thursday
Hypertrophy Chest/Arms

DB Incline Bench
BB Close Grip Bench (Skip'd - I knew my tri's wouldnt take it, and I hate have a BB over me when I feel I am overexerting myself)
DB Flat Bench
Preacher Curls SS w/ Standing French press
Push Downs SS w/ Hammer Curls
Cable Cross overs
Machine Curls SS w/ Machine Dips

No increased weight to report but squeezed out a couple more reps for various exercises. I left pumped as hell and hurting. Great workout here.

I am down to my last dose of TZ, which will be tonight with a Hypertrophy Back/Shoulders/Traps

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
Love the workouts my friend.
hope to see if you liked TZ as much as I did!