ordered new supps today, will do log

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
now the details,

i ordered from forum advertiser Swansons and will be using two tracks towards my athletic pursuits

track 1) Test Booster Stack

This will be a combination of Maca and highly available citrated forms of zinc and magnesium along with a vitamin D3 and high absorption , plant based Boron. On top of this I will eat at least one tin of sardines per day, some days two (may include herring).

Stack 2) GH releaser stack consisting of-

Goji Berry full spectrum and Goji Berry polysaccharide extract, Green Tea extract and Huperzine A, the citrated mineral complex will also be taken with these supps pre bed.

My goals for this program is joint pain improvement since I am running alot right now while on active duty TDY. My knees really take a beating and I hope to see greater recovery between runs. As for the mild T booster program, I hope to see some improved mood and some nice recovery from additional workouts to include combatives which we will start soon and lots of swimming. Weights will be kept at a minimum.

Body Comp- I am down about 10lbs give or take from my normal weight and I would like to see continued improvement in composition while gaining maybe 1-2lbs lean body mass over the approximately 4-5 weeks of this program.

updates to follow, EZ

The measurable factor here is weighted pullups. A few weeks back I did 4 reps with a 100lb dumbell between my legs, any increases in reps will be seen as positive strength gains. Hoping to get my stuff within a few days.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
Well I finished up my cinnamon extract experiment which I commented on in another post. Browsed the GNC at the PX today and picked up a 2 lb tub of unflavored Isopure protein for $16.00. I also happened across some Goji juice concentrate on sale for $11.00 so I picked it up to jump start that aspect of the program until my Swanson order arrives. I put a good healthy amount in my pre -workout shake and will go swim shortly. I plan to use the goji both preworkout and pre bed.

This morning we did a company run of 6 miles at a slow 10 minute mile pace but I still worked up a nice sweat and did the run as fasted cardio since I woke up and only drank water prior.

I picked up a bunch of no salt added sardines in water and some cans of jack mackeral.

I also picked up some ellagic acid pills extracted from pomegranate which I will run at 300mg Ellagic acid per day to add to the mild test boost stack. I will start these about 2 weeks in.

support supps will be GNC mega greens powder, lecithin and some health supps like fish oil, vitamin c at 3000mg per day, cranberry extract, and algae derived beta carotene.

more to follow

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
In case anyone is wondering about the link between goji and GH I will try to find some abstracts or studies to post but until then here is an example of what many are saying-

The below comes from an anti-aging website that was NOT selling goji products-

"As we age, we produce less and less Human Growth Hormone (HGH). The decreasing levels of HGH have been linked to symptoms of aging. Goji Berries are the only food known to help stimulate the human body to produce more HGH naturally. This factor alone makes the Goji Berry perhaps the world’s greatest anti-aging superfood.

Goji Berries are some of the highest antioxidant containing foods in the world. Goji Berries typically contain 2-4 times the amount of antioxidants found in blueberries.

Goji Berries have been traditionally regarded as a longevity, strength-building, and potency food of the highest order. In several study groups with elderly people several ounces of Goji Berries were given once a day for 3 weeks. Many beneficial results were experienced and 67% of the patients’ T cell transformation functions tripled and the activity of the patients’ white cell interleukin-2 doubled. In addition, the results showed that all the patients experienced an uplifted spirit and more optimism. Appetite improved in 95% of the patients, and 95% of the patients slept better."

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
update- just back from the pool

did 1200 yards of hard medley swims, mixing it up between 50, 100 and 200 yard distances. Medley swimming is the way to build muscle in the pool, go hard and confuse the muscles. Workout was great, included some pool wall dips in a few of the sets for even greater pump.

Calves are toast from the combined swim and run today.

Will dose Goji tonight and see how sleep is. Having trouble finding scientific evidence goji bumps endogenous GH, but I did find some showing Glucose Disposal effects so maybe this is the MOA for anectodal accounts for elevated GH due to the tie in between low blood sugar at HS and GH levels?

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
first morning post goji juice use and I can report a solid 8 hrs of sleep, nothing drastic in the way of dreams, dosed the goji again this am as I am about to go to the gym.

Thinking about adding some cheap GABA into this and dosing it preworkout only(lots of data on preworkout GABA and GH increase) and using the goji/green tea/huperzine/minerals for pre bed GH boost.

as of right now I have about $80.00 invested in the supplements for this project and depending on how i dose this could last anywhere from 4-6 weeks.

more to follow-

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
impressive body.how many decades have you been training?:)
have you done ph/aas before or natural?

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
I have been training for a long while , hardcore since 1995 when i started competing in grappling comps, I am way overboard on the all natural, kinda like an herbalist hippie type, way back in the day I did the Sports One Medrol pack, got nothing from it, started a superdrol run but quit after a week - 10 days due to bad sides, that run actually set me back in my progress, that was about 5 1/2 years back.

A while back I ran the old version of the trifecta stack and though initially i was pleased i realized i was just getting a stimulant rush from the liquid masterdrol and nothing else, the IGH1 was decent for sleep, otherwise it was 138 dollars wasted.

From that point foreward I swore off anything I consider unnatural and have since made my best gains.

I have found that fanatical dedication to diet and training are far better than "pills", especially most of the new overhyped bs coming out. I am intrigued by the science on DAA however.

As far as my current program , I just returned from a short and intense weighted pullup workout, topped off with some overhead squats and some push presses. Came back and downed some isopure and monster amino and am getting ready to down some mackerel and brown rice.

I did a set of 4 pullups with 80lbs and then hit 3 with 100lbs so I am still at basically the same strength level which I didn't expect to change any , especially since I haven't really even started.

I did find some info regarding egg protein and igf 1 levels on ergo log. seems avidin, a constituent of egg protein decreases igf 1 so i need to get some biotin to run with this GH stack as well to ensure my igf 1 stays high, sardines and other oily cold water fish also boost igf 1 so I already have that covered.

more to follow-

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
day 2 post goji

solid 7 hours of sleep with vivid dreaming, recovery is yet to be determined, I have some bicep soreness from yesterdays workout but usually get the most pain day 2 of a workout so I can better judge that tomorrow.

Ended up eating 8oz of jack mack and two tins of sardines yesterday, one tin I made into a fish sandwich on a couple slices of ezekial bread with EVOO and garlic.

Today will be an off day and I will focus on recovery, especially my legs which are still quite sore from friday's run and swim. Plan on eating another 8oz of jack mack and two more tins of sardines.

more to follow

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
This morning's update-

slept 7 solid hours, positive dream activity, kept carbs low pre bed and took a solid 2 servings of the goji juice, recovery was decent , legs were up to the task of a nice 3.5 mile run this a.m. at around an 8 minute mile pace, maybe quicker. Will dose goji later today preworkout, planning on doing some resistance movements for the pushing groups. Hoping my supps arrive in the next couple of days.

had a isopure and monster amino post workout shake mixed in sugar free organic soy milk and will eat some brown rice and sardines for breakfast with another tin sans the rice for lunch.

more to follow, EZ

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
day 4

first matthew76, redman24, votum, and capensavem- thanks for the support!

another night of 7 solid hours of sleep with some vivid dreams, I have yet to wake up in the middle of the night to use the restroom which is my usual pattern since i usually pound a voluminous protein shake shortly before bed.

so far so good on recovery from yesterdays workout which hit my chest pretty hard, still need 24 hrs to determine full recovery, I swam 1200 yds today, 250 of which was some robust breaststroke which really hits the pecs so that may impact recovery-

knees and ankles/feet feel good after yesterdays road run which may represent an improvement as normally road runs really punish my joints, this may represent some improved recovery as i think it's way to early still for inherent improvement of the joints themselves.

more to follow- keeping my fingers crossed for receipt of my supps, maybe today is the day!

as i approach bedtime and have had more time post yesterday's workout, my tris and chest are starting to feel pretty sore, seems recovery is still marginal, ate two tins of sardines plus 8 oz of jack mack, supps didn't arrive today, hoping for tmrw

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
day 5, about 8 solid with increased dream activity, not as sore as i expected, possible increased recovery,

did fasted cardio today 800m warmup run, 4x 1/4 mile sprints on 1:20-1:30 intervals, 800m warm down, running hard like this on a hardball track will test my knees, hoping for good results on recovery here.

have about 1 dose of the goji juice left since i have been using about 2-2.5 times the bottle dose when i take it, might get 2 more nights out of it so i really hope my supps come today

2 more days and i can give a one week consolidation report on the goji and sardines, then i will add in the rest of my stacks pending their arrival.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
i sit here a happy man- my packaged arrived today!

I was going to wait till saturday to get started but decided to begin tonight at least with the GH supps and will start the Test Boost stack tmrw.

I did the math on my supps and am gonna make it a 4 week run and if I am seeing the results I am hoping for will extend it.

On top of what I talked about earlier, I also received 2 bottles of Dr. Laszlo Metaros' Metal Shield, a humifulvate product designed to bind to and eliminate heavy metals. I got these based on the recent reports of protein powder contamination and the amount of tuna / salmon I have consumed over the years.

In addition to the Metal Shield, I also received 2 bottles of rodiola extract and 2 bottles of ajipure L-Leucine. These will be run as general health/support supps but I also hope to see some aerobic benefits from the rodiola. I plan to run a full blown endurance stack in the future so I won't pay particular attention to the rodiola at present. These products are included in my investment cost in this project of roughly 80 bucks, so my actual costs for the "logged" products is less than the aforementioned $80.00.

recovery remains optimistically elevated, tmrw will be a swim- more to follow EZ

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
day 6
a single pill of myoshock hsp from a sample pack (stated dose is 7 pills, I am too sensitive to stims) , taken at 0700, kept me up until 2400-0100. With a wakeup time of 0450, this didn't afford me much sleep. Despite this fact, I felt rested upon waking and had positive recovery from yesterday's sprints.

Took my am dose of the test boost stack and will take afternoon dose soon.

This morning's swim workout was again 1200 yds total, all hard medley work, again ranging from 50-200 yards in length. More to follow EZ

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
day 7-
a wonderful night's sleep of 8 hours with very vivid dreaming, woke up at 5am refreshed and ready to go, popped 1 pill of myoshock hsp and 2 rhodiolas with water only and went to do some fasted cardio, 5 mile run give or take at around 9 minute mile pace, will do some dedicated legs tonight with weights probably some overhead squats.

Will dose goji both pre-workout as well as pre bed.

Still consuming the oily fish daily, it takes discipline to continue with these types of dietary programs as eating two tins a day of sardines plus 8 oz of jack mack or salmon day in and day out can get old. Last night for my serving of jack mack I just blended it into a chocolate protein shake.

More to follow EZ

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I hate the dies where I have to eat 3 "fish" filets....chow hall here sometimes has trout, sometimes has salmon, sometimes has "fish" man is it awful :(

How is the rhodiola treating you? I have been taking 1 in the am 1 before bed and am not noticing anything to be honest. Might try 2 in the am though since I am doing hghpro as well.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
I just started taking the rhodiola so i really can't say yet. I am dosing 4 pills a day , 2 am and 2 with my afternoon test booster pack. They are , for each single pill, 250mg, standardized to 60% total polyphenols(150mg), with 5% total rosavins (12.5mg). So my total dose of isolated actives is 50mg. I will play with this based on results, but have enough for 1 month at this dosing protocol.

on a side note bro, i would go to the px and load up on sardines and bypass the dfac "fish"! Stay safe!

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
morning 8- another night of great sleep and vivid dreams, legs feel great.

weekly consolidation thread

1) Sleep quality- 8/10- can't say this stuff induces sleep but once asleep I stay asleep, dream big and wakeup refreshed.

2) Recovery 6-7/10 Positive recovery thus far, hoping this builds momentum as time goes on as it appears to be doing.

3) Strength- no increases at present- yesterday still at 4 reps 100lb weighted pullup

4) body comp- no discernable changes evident at present,

5) libido- too early to determine as test boost component is only 3 days in as of today

6) overall mood / outlook- 6-7/10, mild improvement noted

Thoughts- So far so good. I think the oily fish component of this program is just as important as any of the supps. I started with the sardines before all this by about a week and a half so I am actually almost 3 weeks into that aspect of the program. The trend with the supps portion is positive to this point based on the realistic expectations I have.

more to follow, EZ

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Like your style EZ. Good to see its going good, although I can't really think of what would be bad tbh...maybe one of the sardines still alive...lol.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
morning 9-

second day post workout soreness in bi's from the brutal weighted pullup and various other pulling moves is better than expected after another great night of 8 hours deep sleep with vivid dreams. really enjoying my results so far.

as for the test boost portion still waiting on results for that , which i expect with time. I did buy some coconut oil and some mushrooms, which i decided to begin running again. I have done the shrooms in the past with good results but this time to make it easy on myself i am gonna stick with 4 ounces per day instead of the 8-12 i tried running before. Basically just gonna throw three large ones in each evening's shake and be done with it.

Planning on taking 2 week and then 1 month photos

more to follow- EZ

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
morning 10-

things are progressing nicely, another solid sleep, slept so deep and sound i was confused when the alarm went off, some soreness still present but I destroyed the pool this morning and my reps for wall dips blew away my past performances, so cumulatively things are starting to happen. I think it's the synergy of maximizing every aspect of my performance, with the foods and the supps and the recovery bases all being adressed.

Can't wait to test my strength again on the weighted pullups later this week, I have high hopes for an added rep!

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
morning 11- All I can say is last night was the best night yet for very bizarre and vivid dreaming! If there is a causative link between this and elevated GH production/output then I am very pleased.

Recovery is amazing at this point, I woke up ready to go, just mild residual soreness in the quads from a few days back, went to the pool and swam hard 50 yard sprints with thirty second intervals mixing it up between butterfly and free, did it nonstop for 30 mins, at which point i could barely finish a fly, left the pool pumped and gasping for air!

Excited to see where this takes me!

more to follow- EZ

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
morning 12-
Yet again another great night of sleep with vivid and bizarre dreams, woke up recovered and ready to go, had platoon PT this am, again did it as fasted cardio. We did 500 meter run then an exercise station for 1 minute x 8 total iterations. I breezed through it. Endurance is up, recovery is up, and soon I will find out if strength is up when I hit the weighted pullups either saturday or sunday.

Test stack portion is still in it's infancy, anticipating some results soon between the supps and the EVOO-Sardines- coconut oil-mushroom protocol- This gives me all the bases covered for maximizing my endogenous production of test and minimizing conversion to non androgens-

more to follow- EZ

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
morning 13-

not quite the vivid or bizarre dreams of the last two nights but still positive and very active dreaming, awoke again after a solid 8 hrs ready to go, feel decent from last evening's pushing group workout which was about 1/2 in length, if that, but very intense and taxing, I'll know for sure tomorrow how recovery is impacted. As of recovery from yesterdays run A+. We had a company run of 5 miles at a 9:30 pace this morning and legs were good to go.
The pace felt too slow. These slow runs just pound my knees and give me little benefit! Tried running portions of it with a toe first stride to bump up calf work.

Will again pull a double today and go hit up some weighted overhead squats and some power cleans.

Popped in to GNC to pick up a few things I had my eye on from my last trip there but waited on to get the 20% off. On checkout I noticed some AP and Powerfull samples and asked about them so the girl gave me 3- 10 pill packs of powerfull and 2 -10 pill packs of AP. I am trying to figure out what i want to do with them if anything.

more to follow-EZ
Will again

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
morning 14- sleep was so so. Some dreaming of low intensity. I stayed up later than normal and that change of schedule may have had an impact. Additionally I added 2 pills of the Powerfull and 1 pill of AP to the bedtime stack, I figured I would do that for the next 15 days just to see what additional benefit could be derived. It's possible this change impacted the sleep quality too.

Still however woke up ready to go, hit the pool for a hard 1400 yards of medley work as fasted cardio. On the way out I weighed myself and I was 189, I think I started around 192-193, not sure exactly. Probably doing my weighted pullups sunday so I will have a good gauge of any strength gains.

I am recovered quite well day 2 post pushing group. If nothing else I am pleased with the amount of work effort this increased recovery is allowing me to do. I have always said I just need something that will help me help myself. Knees and legs are great today secondary to yesterday two a day for legs!

more to follow EZ-

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
morning 15- Decent sleep around 7 hrs, dreaming weak at first but grew in intensity towards the end of my sleep cycle. Again had the 2 powerfull with one AP added, still trying to figure out if I want to use it for the remaining 13 days of supply I have. I think the timing of my prebed supplementation may be having this effect more than the addition of the USP stuff. The last two nights I took them immediately before laying down, whereas I had been taking it at least 1 hr pre.

today will be an off day, need a good recovery day to fully reset my body and get ready for tomorrow's test of strength. Will add the 2 week photos soon as well.

MTF, EZ

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Off day; resets are good.

And clear your PMs, man! ;)

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
morning 15-

Timing of the pre bed stack is crucial. I took it 1.5 hrs prebed and again got the results I had been enjoying- copious amounts of vivid, intense dreaming. Woke up refreshed and ready to go. Unfortunately the gym wouldn't let my son in with me until after 9am so we just worked out in the hotel weight room so I am unable to test the weighted pullups today. Week 2 composition photos below.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

New plan for testing strength will be hopefully wednesday.

MTF-EZ

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
mornings 16 and 17-

My computer was down for the count as I encountered a virus while trying to send yesterday's update. Took a full day to get it off and get the computer up and running again with some better protection. Still getting great recovery and sleep, have the timing of the prebed down to the perfect zone of 1 - 1.5 hrs pre bed.

Swam medley sprints yesterday to a total of 1200 yards and ran 2 miles today at 14:30 pace then followed it up with some sprints. Tomorrow's a.m. work will be uphill sprint workout with the platoon and then hopefully at the gym in the evening to test the weighted pullups. At this point my low dose mushrooms alone shpould start kicking in for at least hopefully 1 more rep, however my last weight workout i felt kinda weak on shoulder presses, not sure why, possible they were still recovering from the clean and presses of a few days prior, though I had no soreness in 'em.

I feel there is no change in body comp, perhaps even some in the wrong direction since I have bumped up my cals over the past 7 days. Will continue to monitor-,
MTF EZ

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
morning 18-

good sleep, mild dreaming good recovery, blew up the legs today with brutal running and sprinting workout so I will have a good chance to test recovery over the next couple of days!

Will do the weighted pullups this evening and report back, MTF, EZ

broons

Awards
  • Established
Goji berries contain contain polysaccharrides, specifically LBP 1, 2, 3 and 4 which act as powerful secretagogues for hgh production.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
Goji berries contain contain polysaccharrides, specifically LBP 1, 2, 3 and 4 which act as powerful secretagogues for hgh production.
interesting info, this will give me some new areas to research. I am thus far convinced they are doing something cause I am seeing good results-

On that note , strength has indeed increased as tonight i pulled 5 strong reps of weighted pullups, don't think I could have got a sixth but i was tempted to try for it. These results were great considering how drained I was heading into the gym after a brutal morning run and a long day! Very pleased, now I need to monitor recovery from this mornings run.

mtf -EZ

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
morning 19-

interesting night of sleep alternating between periods of deep sleep with intense , vivid dreams and periods of sleeplessness, all told i am guesssing about 7 hours of solid somnolence.

so far so good on the recovery portion for my legs, knees, joints etc., one more day to recover to be ready for company run friday a.m., then weekend and PT test early monday a.m.

did a pushing group workout this morning, short but intense

mtf-EZ

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Going strong mate, nice pics, and congrats on the BW + 100! I havent done a pullup in a while, think I may throw some in next workout just because

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the support votum, I am a strong proponent of the Army moving to include the pullup in the PT testing, it so much more functional than pushups!

350zTT

350zTT

Awards
  • Established
Late but subbed in man, like your approach...I too agree about all the new bs supps coming out lately. Interested to see your experience/results with this. I too read that a while back about heavy metals being found in protein drinks, soon after reading that I stopped all protein powders for a while but have slowly added them back in....was thinking of doing some type of heavy metal detox too. Interesting with the goji and GH...never heard that before. May have to give it a whirl too. Keep it up man

350zTT

350zTT

Awards
  • Established
I might have missed it but how much of the goji are you dosing pre-bed? Are you dosing any pre-workout?

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
I might have missed it but how much of the goji are you dosing pre-bed? Are you dosing any pre-workout?
so far none preworkout, thinking about getting some bulk GABA for the preworkout since there is good science on that, as for goji dosing i take 1000mg of 60% polysaccharide extract and 2000mg bulk full spectrum herb

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
morning 20-

another epic night of recuperative sleep, legs are almost 100%, guess i worked my upper harder than i had thought the last 2 workouts cause i really felt it in the pool this a.m., however it seemed the more i pushed the stronger i got, except for butterfly which is just plain hard. will take the next 2 days off to be fully recovered for pt test monday.

going to add in the ellagic acid supp to the test boost stack on monday as well and run that for the last week and then probablyfor a few days after.

picked up som sam-e from gnc on clearance rack for 5 bucks, just set it aside for future use until i decide what to do with it, I heard it's good to run with DAA.

mtf-EZ

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the support votum, I am a strong proponent of the Army moving to include the pullup in the PT testing, it so much more functional than pushups!
Agreed there. The current PT test is crap. I slightly understand running...but then again I slightly don't understand it. How often do we run these days? Run should be 1.5 Mi, or should be nixed and replaced with a ruck march. Pullup instead of pushup, and situps are ok, although they don't prove anything

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
Agreed there. The current PT test is crap. I slightly understand running...but then again I slightly don't understand it. How often do we run these days? Run should be 1.5 Mi, or should be nixed and replaced with a ruck march. Pullup instead of pushup, and situps are ok, although they don't prove anything
basically we just need to wholesale adopt the new Marine Corps Combat Fitness Test. I have run it and it is light years beyond any PT test. Approximates the physical demands of battle better than anything to date. The only way to improve on it would be to run it with battle rattle on.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
21st morning-

well 3 weeks in and time for another consolidation thread.

firstly, the goals for this run were very limited. To effect improved sleep and recovery by elevating endogenous GH production via the use of Goji polysaccharides, and to maximize endogenous androgen production via high fat diet and ensuring the rest of the building blocks of the hormone production process were all present, to include macro and micro minerals.

recovery-7/10 positive improvement noted, basically it has done it's job here. It could be better but overall I am pleased. I feel the improved recovery has allowed me to maintain a high tempo workout regimen while remaining injury free.

strength-6/10 I have increased in strength as evidenced by the added rep, however I just dont feel like strength has been improved to any impressive degree at this point.

positive androgenic sides - 4.5/10 here I just really haven't seen much, some libido enhancements noted, however I am hopin for more aggression and alpha male, however the test boost portion of this is limited in scope and I need to keep that in perspective.

week 3 overall 6.5/10

thusly after 3 weeks I am pleased to a large degree, somewhat enthused to continue and somewhat ready to finish this experiment and move on.

will swim tonight and then take PT test in a.m., will probably lift in the p.m. tmrw for a two a day. mtf- EZ

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
22 days in-

got up feeling well rested, maxed my pushups and situps but failed to max the two mile by 5 seconds, sad thing is I cruised on the first mile, I know I coulda ran stronger but ended up running 13:40, really feel like i coulda hammered out a 13:00 flat but oh well, feeling good enough to hit the gym tonight for some resistance training, probably some clean and press and some overhead squats. mtf EZ

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
basically we just need to wholesale adopt the new Marine Corps Combat Fitness Test. I have run it and it is light years beyond any PT test. Approximates the physical demands of battle better than anything to date. The only way to improve on it would be to run it with battle rattle on.
Just googled it. Fully agree. Would MUCH rather do this than do a PT test...880 yard run in boots makes so much more sense. Only time you would run more than that is if you were trying to escape something...and even a fatty could run 10 miles if death was behind him o_O

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
day 23-
sleep was good last night, can't remember dreaming so kind of a letdown on that end but still felt rested and recovered, did a noon pullup workout and feel very recovered today,

body composition is beginning to improve with noticeable vascularity improvements, I attribute this mostly to the mushrooms kicking in cause in the past this was what I noticed the most. Headed for the gym tonight for some pushing work, did combatives this morning and it was just demonstration so no real workout benefit to it.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
morning 24-

feeling good, the vivid dreaming was back and a solid 8 hours of quality sleep leaves me refreshed and recovered this a.m. Ended up doing clean and press followed by some shoulders, included in this some high rep stuff with 12 and 10 lb dumbells in which I replicated the motion of swimming the butterfly stroke, brutally effective to torch the shoulder group
I simply feel a tad stronger at this point, i noticed this on my high rep pullup workout on monday, will probably test the 100lb weighted pullups again on saturday, again hoping for one more rep. ( my long term goal is ten so at this point i am halfway there!)
mtf-EZ