Axis Labs Myodrol

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I've had 2 bottles of Myodrol on hand now for a bit, and it's time to log it. Myodrol is a patented formula licensed by Axis, and it has a clinical study behind it:

Here is the Triarco (patent holders) website:

MyTosterone Home - Triarco Industries, Inc.

And here is the study:

An open label, dose response study to determine the effect of a dietary supplement on dihydrotestosterone, testosterone and estradiol levels in healthy males

Fru Angwafor III1* email and Mark L Anderson2* email

1 Yaounde Teaching Hospital, Head of Urological Service Department, University of Yaounde, Cameroon

2 Director of Research & Development, Triarco Industries, Inc. 400 Hamburg Turnpike, Wayne, NJ, 07418, USA

author email corresponding author email* Contributed equally

Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 2008, 5:12doi:10.1186/1550-2783-5-12

The electronic version of this article is the complete one and can be found online at: Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition | Full text | An open label, dose response study to determine the effect of a dietary supplement on dihydrotestosterone, testosterone and estradiol levels in healthy males
Received: 12 May 2008
Accepted: 12 August 2008
Published: 12 August 2008

© 2008 Angwafor and Anderson; licensee BioMed Central Ltd.
This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (Creative Commons — Attribution 2.0 Generic), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Abstract
Background

Maintaining endogenous testosterone (T) levels as men age may slow the symptoms of sarcopenia, andropause and decline in physical performance. Drugs inhibiting the enzyme 5α-reductase (5AR) produce increased blood levels of T and decreased levels of dihydrotestosterone (DHT). However, symptoms of gynecomastia have been reported due to the aromatase (AER) enzyme converting excess T to estradiol (ES). The carotenoid astaxanthin (AX) from Haematococcus pluvialis, Saw Palmetto berry lipid extract (SPLE) from Serenoa repens and the precise combination of these dietary supplements, Alphastat® (Mytosterone(™)), have been reported to have inhibitory effects on both 5AR and AER in-vitro. Concomitant regulation of both enzymes in-vivo would cause DHT and ES blood levels to decrease and T levels to increase. The purpose of this clinical study was to determine if patented Alphastat® (Mytosterone(™)) could produce these effects in a dose dependent manner.
Methods

To investigate this clinically, 42 healthy males ages 37 to 70 years were divided into two groups of twenty-one and dosed with either 800 mg/day or 2000 mg/day of Alphastat® (Mytosterone(™)) for fourteen days. Blood samples were collected on days 0, 3, 7 and 14 and assayed for T, DHT and ES. Body weight and blood pressure data were collected prior to blood collection. One-way, repeated measures analysis of variance (ANOVA-RM) was performed at a significance level of alpha = 0.05 to determine differences from baseline within each group. Two-way analysis of variance (ANOVA-2) was performed after baseline subtraction, at a significance level of alpha = 0.05 to determine differences between dose groups. Results are expressed as means ± SEM.
Results

ANOVA-RM showed significant within group increases in serum total T and significant decreases in serum DHT from baseline in both dose groups at a significance level of alpha = 0.05. Significant decreases in serum ES are reported for the 2000 mg/day dose group and not the 800 mg/day dose group. Significant within group effects were confirmed using ANOVA-2 analyses after baseline subtraction. ANOVA-2 analyses also showed no significant difference between dose groups with regard to the increase of T or the decrease of DHT. It did show a significant dose dependant decrease in serum ES levels.
Conclusion

Both dose groups showed significant (p = 0.05) increases in T and decreases in DHT within three days of treatment with Alphastat® (Mytosterone(™)). Between group statistical analysis showed no significant (p = 0.05) difference, indicating the effect was not dose dependent and that 800 mg/per day is equally effective as 2000 mg/day for increasing T and lowering DHT. Blood levels of ES however, decreased significantly (p = 0.05) in the 2000 mg/day dose group but not in the 800 mg/day dose group indicating a dose dependant decrease in E levels.
Here's the full abstract:

Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition | Full text | An open label, dose response study to determine the effect of a dietary supplement on dihydrotestosterone, testosterone and estradiol levels in healthy males

I'm interested in this stuff. Does it work? Can a test booster work without causing hair loss? While it might not be interesting to those in their 20's, it could be great for those over 35, or susceptible to hair loss.

I'm on day three at normal dosing, nothing much to report yet.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
subbed

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This supp has gone unnoticed and I would like to see what's up with it. I know Celc and BigT were doing runs with it but never heard what happened. Look forward to seeing what you think.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, I was kind of curious to see where it went with them, but it just dropped off. I bought it a while back, and was just waiting until my CL log wrapped up (which, BTW, was awesome, WF rules!).

I took 2 Myodrol tonight, and hit the gym for alternating dips and pullups, 7/5 reps respectively, 15 seconds between sets, for 7 rounds. Then I hit judo for 2 hours.

My judo shape is suffering. Too much sitting in my car and missing class. My job bent me over good today: I was supposed to have the weekend off, but I have to work now, and they denied my raise request from a week ago. Ugh. And on top of it I miss nearly every judo class. :(

Tonight was such an anomaly, workout wise, with the judo and all. But I did feel strong and alpha male on the dips/pullups. Nothing else to report yet.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Feel great today after judo last night, I really needed to get my ass kicked. :D I did notice an extra libido kick today; we'll see where that goes.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the great dear leader will be following you around....

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This supp has gone unnoticed and I would like to see what's up with it. I know Celc and BigT were doing runs with it but never heard what happened. Look forward to seeing what you think.
I personally seemed to like it on cycle better than solo. At the same time, I was recovering from surgery when I ran it solo... so it was one of those "get back to where I was before" situations with a ton of variables that probably skewed my results.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
good luck poison, i will be following closely.

i got an infraction for merely mentioning hemodraulix so i hesitate to comment on my results or opinions on myodrol here.

if you have any questions send me a pm.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thebigt, I was surprised when I heard axis was no longer on the board here, they were a fixture for a long time. Doesn't matter, glad I picked this stuff up; we'll see if it lives up to the studies results.

I worked out last night, gym was empty due to memorial day. I had a last serving of ragnorok, so I took it for a mental boost, and hit it.

2 mile run - running on my toes, barefoot style. Waiting for my vibram five fingers to arrive, and getting used to the change in running style. I have fractured my metatarsals before, so I must proceed carefully. Anyway, a hard fast run, felt great.

Flat bench and chest supported tbar rows, alternating, 5 sets of each

Deadlift - 30 x 135, 20 x 135. Weak, but I didn't eat enough.

Alternating curls and skull crushers.

Libido is still high. Pump was good. Mood was great! I felt a bit animalistic in the gym.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
no barefoot running for this old guy, lol.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry for the delayed update, I hads a couple mad busy days.

I missed weds workout, but that's ok, because I took my first bjj class early thurs. I hauled my ass out of bed after 5-6 hours of sleep, and took the 7am class. I took 2 Myodrol and a scoop of some old pre-workout for some caffeine before. Class was great! Grappling is very tiring, and I only ate a banana before. I pretty much went to failure in that 1.5 hours. I was extremely sore for the next 2 days, all abs and mid back.
I'll be signing up this com.ing week. Psyched!

Friday I ran 2 miles, did alternating decline and tbar rows

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry for the delayed update, I hads a couple mad busy days.

I missed weds workout, but that's ok, because I took my first bjj class early thurs. I hauled my ass out of bed after 5-6 hours of sleep, and took the 7am class. I took 2 Myodrol and a scoop of some old pre-workout for some caffeine before. Class was great! Grappling is very tiring, and I only ate a banana before. I pretty much went to failure in that 1.5 hours. I was extremely sore for the next 2 days, all abs and mid back.
I'll be signing up this com.ing week. Psyched!

Friday I ran 2 miles, did alternating heavy decline and tbar rows, bis and tris,, and a stretch.

Libido has been consistantly high, and workouts have been good. Someone asked me if I'm losing weight, which is odd, because I weight the same. So maybe I'm leaning out a bit. Mood is very positive, with some mild aggression.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Libido has been consistantly high, and workouts have been good. Someone asked me if I'm losing weight, which is odd, because I weight the same. So maybe I'm leaning out a bit. Mood is very positive, with some mild aggression.
dont worry, its not odd at all.

remember 1 pound of muscle = 1 pound of fat. but the difference is the fat is 5 times the size of muscle.

re-comping is the possibility your getting here.

you need to take before and after pics to really judge your progress, weight is a tool but mostly irrelevant. get yourself pics its still early enough. you should post them so we can judge your progress sometimes your mind can play tricks on you. if you really want to see more definition, you can trick your mind into seeing it, so try to post pics in all your logs.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I had a great 2 hour BJJ class today, finally signed up. Right after I did pullups and dips to failure (not long, as BJJ kicked my ass), then DL, up to 255, then 5 x 1 at 255. I was just wiped after class.

I'm feeling very good, libido is still high, alpha feeling pretty consistent.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
KJI,
I agree. Pics and calipers for the win! Scales don't really tell us much of anything useful.

Poison,
sounds good so far buddy. Are you typically a responder to test boosters? If so, what else do you like?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I had a great 2 hour BJJ class today, finally signed up. Right after I did pullups and dips to failure (not long, as BJJ kicked my ass), then DL, up to 255, then 5 x 1 at 255. I was just wiped after class.

I'm feeling very good, libido is still high, alpha feeling pretty consistent.
are you getting the mood effect? my mood was very high on myodrol.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
KJI,
I agree. Pics and calipers for the win! Scales don't really tell us much of anything useful.

Poison,
sounds good so far buddy. Are you typically a responder to test boosters? If so, what else do you like?
I'm taking my daughter and some kids on her school camping trip tomorrow morning, so I'll be missing a couple workouts this week. Should be great fun, though! I'll try to take pics when I get back.

I responded really well to Primal Male, putting on 8lbs, while doing pretty much everything wrong, lol. I was doing 6 hours a week of balls to the wall judo, 3 20 minute weight workouts a week, and sometimes not eating enough. Definitely not sleeping enough. So yeah, apparently I do. Form was awesome, too.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes, thebigt, my mood has been very good. Primal male was more of a dose dependant effect, and more aggressive; this is not as strong an effect, but constant.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes, thebigt, my mood has been very good. Primal male was more of a dose dependant effect, and more aggressive; this is not as strong an effect, but constant.
i went as high as 8 on the nyodrol-how high are you dosing?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm dosing 4 a day as directed. I may up it, though one of the studies shows no increase in efficiacy over a certain amount. I'll have to check it.

I took my 2 Myodrols and hit the gym this morning, first workout afte the camping trip. There were 16 kids, ran me ragged, but I had a blast. I love the outdoors, and I'm a dirtbag. I crave it, especially living in LA. I got nice and dirty, and spent some good time at the nearby beach. I didn't eat enough, or drink enough, kinda sucked.

Back to the gym. I received my Vibram Five Fingers last week, so this was my first run in em, 2 miles at a 7:30 pace on the treadmill. I've been running on my toes for a while now, and done a few fully barefoot, but this was the first time I wasn't limited by skin pain. They feel weird going on, but within 5 minutes you forget they're there. Running feels visceral without shoes, I felt like a screaming banshee, daniel day lewis style, and the weighlessness of no-shoes is outstanding. My calves are pretty unhappy right now, but growing by the day.

That's enough vff talk. I did alternating flat bench and tbar rows, then curls and skullcrushers, rotator stuff, abs, and out. Great workout despite the last few days of craziness, good pump, good mood. I've had constant morning wood for the last week. I almost went off the Myodrol on the camping trip because of this. Sometimes wood is unwanted. ;) lol

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah poisong get some!!!
you SOB

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Seriously, the first time I ran barefoot on the treadmill I felt a shiver run down my spine. A good tune came on, and I was ****ing apollo. Today felt like that. Something about actually feeling the ground.

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
Seriously, the first time I ran barefoot on the treadmill I felt a shiver run down my spine. A good tune came on, and I was ****ing apollo. Today felt like that. Something about actually feeling the ground.
It's probably more primal than wearing shoes. Which is usually a good feeling. :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
computor crashed so playing catch up-but glad to see you are enhjoying it.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Absolutely. The main effects are libido, strong and constant, the mood effect is mild (then again I'm tired and not sleeping a lot), and I may be experiencing a mild recomp.

Damn though, I worked from 12p-130a yesterday, got home around 2, slept til 6:15, and back at work at 745a. Not good, but that's part of the reason I use supplements; they help me train harder (or feel better while training), and maintain greater results than I otherwise might.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely. The main effects are libido, strong and constant, the mood effect is mild (then again I'm tired and not sleeping a lot), and I may be experiencing a mild recomp.

Damn though, I worked from 12p-130a yesterday, got home around 2, slept til 6:15, and back at work at 745a. Not good, but that's part of the reason I use supplements; they help me train harder (or feel better while training), and maintain greater results than I otherwise might.
glad to see you are enjoying good results. i liked results i got from it but i stacked it with other stuff.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm enjoying it. So far it's subtle, except for the libido aspect, which is pretty prominent. I've been reading some studies on astaxanthin, and it has some pretty cool effects on sperm, prostate cancer, anti-aging, etc. I'll post em up later.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool, would like to see those^^

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I woke up at 615 this morning, took some Myodrol, and hit a bjj class. There was only one other student, so it was nearly private. :D

I went from there straight to the gym. No run, as 1.5 hours of bjj is enough cardio. I did pullups and dips to failure (less than normal, but the class and early hour were way out of the ordinary for me), and finished off with deadlift, starting with 10x135, then adding 20-30lbs each set for singles up to 275, 30 seconds between sets.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oops, accidentally hit 'post'. Anyway, a great way to start the day. Endurance was very good. I wonder if astaxanthin enhances it any?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Combined conventional/antioxidant "Astaxanthin" treatment for male infertility: a double blind, randomized trial.
Asian J Androl. 2005 Sep. Comhaire FH, El Garem Y, Mahmoud A, Eertmans F, Schoonjans F. Ghent University Hospital, Department of Medical and Urological Andrology, 9k12 IE, De Pintelaan, 185, B 9000, Gent, Belgium.
To evaluate the treatment of male infertility with a strong natural antioxidant, in addition to conventional treatment. Using a double blind, randomized trial design, 30 men with infertility of > or =2 months and female partners with no demonstrable cause of infertility received conventional treatment according to the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO), and either a strong antioxidant Astaxanthin 16 mg/day (AstaCarox, AstaReal AB, Gustavsberg, Sweden) or placebo for 3 months. The effects of treatment on semen parameters, reactive oxygen species, zona-free hamster oocyte test, serum hormones including testosterone, luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and Inhibin B, and spontaneous or intrauterine insemination (IUI)-induced pregnancies were evaluated. RESULTS: ROS and Inhibin B decreased significantly and sperm linear velocity increased in the Astaxanthin group (n = 11), but not in the placebo group (n = 19). The results of the zona-free hamster oocyte test tended to improve in the Astaxanthin group in contrast with the placebo group, though not reaching statistical significance. Although the present study suggests a positive effect of Astaxanthin on sperm parameters and fertility, the results need to be confirmed in a larger trial before recommending this supplement for the complementary treatment of infertile men.
A preliminary investigation of the enzymatic inhibition of 5alpha-reduction and growth of prostatic carcinoma cell line LNCap-FGC by natural astaxanthin and Saw Palmetto lipid extract in vitro.
J Herb Pharmacother. 2005;5(1):17-26. Anderson ML.
Research and Development, Triarco Industries, Wayne, NJ 07470
Inhibition of 5alpha-reductase has been reported to decrease the symptoms of benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) and possibly inhibit or help treat prostate cancer. Saw Palmetto berry lipid extract (SPLE) is reported to inhibit 5alpha-reductase and decrease the clinical symptoms of BPH. Epidemiologic studies report that carotenoids such as lycopene may inhibit prostate cancer. In this investigation the effect of the carotenoid astaxanthin, and SPLE were examined for their effect on 5alpha-reductase inhibition as well as the growth of prostatic carcinoma cells in vitro. The results show astaxanthin demonstrated 98% inhibition of 5alpha-reductase at 300 microg/mL in vitro. Alphastat, the combination of astaxanthin and SPLE, showed a 20% greater inhibition of 5alpha-reductase than SPLE alone n vitro. Low levels of carotenoid astaxanthin inhibit 5alpha-reductase and decrease the growth of human prostatic cancer cells in vitro. Astaxanthin added to SPLE shows greater inhibition of 5alpha-reductase than SPLE alone in vitro.
Prevention of diabetic nephropathy by treatment with astaxanthin in diabetic db/db mice.
Biofactors. 2004;20(1):49-59.
Oxidative stress is implicated as an important mechanism by which diabetes causes nephropathy. Astaxanthin, which is found as a common pigment in algae, fish, and birds, is a carotenoid with significant potential for antioxidative activity. In this study, we examined whether chronic administration of astaxanthin could prevent the progression of diabetic nephropathy induced by oxidative stress in mice. The mice were divided into three groups as follows: non-diabetic, diabetic, and diabetic treated with astaxanthin. After 12 weeks of treatment, the astaxanthin -treated group showed a lower level of blood glucose compared with the non-treated db/db group. The results suggested that the antioxidative activity of astaxanthin reduced the oxidative stress on the kidneys and prevented renal cell damage. In conclusion, administration of astaxanthin might be a novel approach for the prevention of diabetes nephropathy.
Antihypertensive and neuroprotective effects of astaxanthin in experimental animals.
Biol Pharm Bull. 2005 Jan;28(1):47-52.
Astaxanthin is a natural antioxidant carotenoid that occurs in a wide variety of living organisms. We investigated, for the first time, antihypertensive effects of astaxanthin in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR). Oral administration of astaxanthin for 14 d induced a significant reduction in the arterial blood pressure (BP) in SHR but not in normotensive Wistar Kyoto (WKY) strain. The long-term administration of astaxanthin (50 mg/kg) for 5 weeks in stroke prone SHR (SHR-SP) induced a significant reduction in the BP. It also delayed the incidence of stroke in the SHR-SP. To investigate the action mechanism of astaxanthin, the effects on PGF(2alpha)-induced contractions of rat aorta treated with NG-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester (L-NAME) were studied in vitro. Astaxanthin induced vasorelaxation mediated by nitric oxide (NO). The results suggest that the antihypertensive effect of astaxanthin may be due to a NO-related mechanism. astaxanthin also showed significant neuroprotective effects in ischemic mice, presumably due to its antioxidant potential. Pretreatment of the mice with astaxanthin significantly shortened the latency of escaping onto the platform in the Morris water maze learning performance test. In conclusion, these results indicate that astaxanthin can exert beneficial effects in protection against hypertension and stroke and in improving memory in vascular dementia.
In vitro effects of astaxanthin combined with ginkgolide B on T lymphocyte activation in peripheral blood mononuclear cells from asthmatic subjects.
J Pharmacol Sci. 2004 Feb;94(2):129-36.
This study was undertaken to identify novel approaches to pharmacological treatment of asthma. Here we hypothesize that the platelet-activating factor receptor antagonist ginkgolide B in combination with the antioxidant carotenoid astaxanthin suppresses T cell activation comparably to two commonly-used antihistamines: cetirizine dihydrochloride and azelastine. These results suggest that astaxanthin and ginkgolide B may have application as novel antiasthmatic formulations.
Astaxanthin limits exercise-induced skeletal and cardiac muscle damage in mice.
Antioxid Redox Signal. 2003 Feb;5(1):139-44.
Dietary antioxidants may attenuate oxidative damage from strenuous exercise in various tissues. Beneficial effects of the antioxidant astaxanthin have been demonstrated in vitro, but not yet in vivo. We investigated the effect of dietary supplementation with astaxanthin on oxidative damage induced by strenuous exercise in mouse gastrocnemius and heart. C57BL/6 mice (7 weeks old) were divided into groups: rested control, intense exercise, and exercise with astaxanthin supplementation. After 3 weeks of exercise acclimation, both exercise groups ran on a treadmill at 28 m/min until exhaustion. Exercise-increased 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal-modified protein and 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine in gastrocnemius and heart were blunted in the astaxanthin group. Increases in plasma creatine kinase activity, and in myeloperoxidase activity in gastrocnemius and heart, also were lessened by astaxanthin. Astaxanthin showed accumulation in gastrocnemius and heart from the 3 week supplementation. Astaxanthin can attenuate exercise-induced damage in mouse skeletal muscle and heart, including an associated neutrophil infiltration that induces further damage.
A new human clinical study conducted at Jikei University, Japan showing a positive relationship between AstaREAL astaxanthin supplementation and cardiovascular health has been accepted for publication by the Atherosclerosis Journal and is currently in Press and available on line. (Yoshida, H. et al.) With astaxanthin supplementation at a dose of 12mg per day this randomized, placebo-controlled study showed a significant decrease in blood serum triglyceride and increase in HDL-cholesterol levels with a corresponding increase in serum adiponectin, independent of age and BMI. This study joins a growing arsenal of research involving the study of AstaREAL astaxanthin in the area of cardiovascular benefit conducted throughout the world including Japan, Europe and the US. Three separate studies were performed at Toyama Medical & Pharmaceutical University, Japan showing a significant decrease in blood pressure with delayed onset of stroke in spontaneous hypertensive rats. (Hussein et al. 2005 & 2006). Another study conducted at Georgetown University Medical Center, USA also showed a decrease in blood pressure in Zucker Fatty Rats. (Preuss et al. 2008). The studies at both Toyama and Georgetown also explored the mechanism of action for blood pressure reduction. A human blood rheology study, performed in Japan, (Miyawaki et al. 2005) demonstrated that AstaREAL astaxanthin supplementation significantly increased peripheral capillary blood flow.
That's quite a wide array of potential benefits.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I woke up at 615 this morning, took some Myodrol, and hit a bjj class. There was only one other student, so it was nearly private. :D
wow.......

dont mean to pick on you, but sounds really strange, lol

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not as strange as your Great Leader avatar. :buttclench: :lol:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yesterday I worked from 1130am to 130am, 14 hours. I got to bed at 215am. I was wanting to hit bjj this morning, and the gym after, but I was dead when I got home, and didn't set my alarm. Well wouldn't you know, my 4yo woke me up at 645, so I threw my isht in my bag and hit the door, with 2 Myodrol in my system, and washed them down with a scoop of White Flood. Got to class a half hour late at 730, and had a nearly private class once again. Yes, I spent over an hour with another man between my legs, and loved it. :lol: anyway, they teacher and one other student stayed till 1000! I got 2.5 hrs of bjj! I spent a half hour teaching a judo throw, which was awesome. Anyway, I had to take my car in to have my rear sway bar welded/fixed, I had to roast coffee, and I had to be back at work at 130pm today. So no workout, hopefully I'll hit it tomorrow.

My only comment about Myodrol is despite being exhausted, both from sleep deprivation, and exercise, libido is constant and high across the board, every day. I'm wondering if it's not helping endurance, because that aspect has been great. I'm not experiencing any pump from it, to mention, but vascularity is good, my arm veins have been popping.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
looking good.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks, thebigt!

1 scoop WF, 2 Myodrol, and gym, just got home.

2 mile run in my VFF's, great stuff. If you're into running, you should try them. My times are speeding up to my old averages as my feet get used to these things. My calves are getting WAYYY stronger, and bigger.

I did alternating decline bench and tbar rows (yes, I love tbars), no rest in between sets, then ex bar curls and skull crushers, and out.

I've had rotator cuff issues for years, right side only. I've been lifting light for a couple months now, and using s strict powerlifting form: scapulae retracted hard, back arched, a bit narrower grip, elbows clenched toward my body, and the bar coming to my sternum. I've also done some rotator cuff nonsense with light weights, and I seem to be working it out. So today I lowered reps from 10 to 5, and banged out a bunch of sets at 205. I could easily hit 275 or so the 'old way', but that screws my shoulder. In the long run I'll be better off, it just sucks to step back like that.

This is my first workout on Myodrol with WF, and it was great. Pumps were, of course, pretty fat (better than usual), and energy was great. I got 7 hours of sleep last night, and libido is just stupid, higher than usual on Myodrol. Odd that this is the most prominent effect so far.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, thebigt!

1 scoop WF, 2 Myodrol, and gym, just got home.

2 mile run in my VFF's, great stuff. If you're into running, you should try them. My times are speeding up to my old averages as my feet get used to these things. My calves are getting WAYYY stronger, and bigger.

I did alternating decline bench and tbar rows (yes, I love tbars), no rest in between sets, then ex bar curls and skull crushers, and out.

I've had rotator cuff issues for years, right side only. I've been lifting light for a couple months now, and using s strict powerlifting form: scapulae retracted hard, back arched, a bit narrower grip, elbows clenched toward my body, and the bar coming to my sternum. I've also done some rotator cuff nonsense with light weights, and I seem to be working it out. So today I lowered reps from 10 to 5, and banged out a bunch of sets at 205. I could easily hit 275 or so the 'old way', but that screws my shoulder. In the long run I'll be better off, it just sucks to step back like that.

This is my first workout on Myodrol with WF, and it was great. Pumps were, of course, pretty fat (better than usual), and energy was great. I got 7 hours of sleep last night, and libido is just stupid, higher than usual on Myodrol. Odd that this is the most prominent effect so far.
the leaning out and strength effectsc are more subtle and take longer-you don't even notice these effects until 1 day they are just there.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great workout this morning! I took 2 Myodrol and a scoop of WF. I ran 2 miles in 15:00, not bad for only my 4-5th run in the hobbit shoes. Then I did alternating flat bench and hammer strength low rows, followed by deadlift 35x135, 10sec rest, 15x135. The vibram shoes were great for deadlift, though it'll take a minute to get used to; the lack of a shoe with a heel changed the dynamic a bit.

I blazed through the workout quick, and it was on an empty stomach, which I could feel toward the end pretty severely, it kicked my ass. Endurance was good, pump was good, and libido is still high. I'm very sure Myodrol doesn't affect pumps much, which has been accentuated by the addition of WF and sudden appearance of abnormal pumps. However, vascularity is higher overall, day to day. I've got veins in my calves, forearms, shoulders, and chest, all popping out. I wonder if it's some periferal vasodialation effect, or it may be lower bodyfat.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Great workout this morning! I took 2 Myodrol and a scoop of WF. I ran 2 miles in 15:00, not bad for only my 4-5th run in the hobbit shoes. Then I did alternating flat bench and hammer strength low rows, followed by deadlift 35x135, 10sec rest, 15x135. The vibram shoes were great for deadlift, though it'll take a minute to get used to; the lack of a shoe with a heel changed the dynamic a bit.

I blazed through the workout quick, and it was on an empty stomach, which I could feel toward the end pretty severely, it kicked my ass. Endurance was good, pump was good, and libido is still high. I'm very sure Myodrol doesn't affect pumps much, which has been accentuated by the addition of WF and sudden appearance of abnormal pumps. However, vascularity is higher overall, day to day. I've got veins in my calves, forearms, shoulders, and chest, all popping out. I wonder if it's some periferal vasodialation effect, or it may be lower bodyfat.
my money is on lower bf. results are looking great.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Rotator cuff warm up:

Heavy theraband rows:
-5 reps with palms down and elbows high
-5 reps with palms in and elbows only 1/2 way out
-5 reps with palms up and elbows in tight

Light theraband cuff isolation:
-5 SUPER SLOW external rotations, especially slow on the negative to force blood into the small rotators
-5 super slow internal rotations

*repeat this superset with EACH warm up set on chest day and on shoulder day
*doing this routine 2-3x/wk for 2-3wks is enough to start noticing a difference. After that, just make it habit to protect such a small vulnerable group.
*I prefer bands over weights for these moves because they provide constant tension and allow us to isolate the specific groups much more directly than with cables or dumbells

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 10
Supplements 11
Supplements 3
Bulking 0
Supplement Logs 1