Log of _______, can't read it? Because there is nothing there.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am doing a cutting log here with, in essence, no supplements. People need to see that they're not the make or break and that your diet can, and is, the most effective tool of all!

Now before people start going nuts after they see my diet and daily regimen, saying DW I see supplements in there! You said you weren't going to use any!

Ok here's what were going to do....
1.) creatine mono. Could easily get what I need from red meat but I dont have the extra $ to buy 97/3 lean read meat to eat so I'm going the cheaper route.
2.) Glutamine. I could get these daily amounts from Cottage Cheese, but for me it's too high in carbs and not to mention the lactose that doesn't agree with my stomach
3.) Vit C. Fruit is doo-doo postworkout so I'll just pop some Vit. C post workout so I dont have to eat all that useless fruit sugar.
4.) Protein Powder. If you argue this, you're an idiot and i hate you.

I feel that all 3 supps are reasonable and can be agreed upon by most of the community that they're legit reasons/supplements.

My main point here is people are stacking 3 fat burners w pre-workout drinks and GH boosters next to a test booster and look better, but by no means look as good as they could because their diet isn't as good as it needs to be, or they just haven't figured out what foods work best with their body. Which I know takes time so you guys keep plugging away and be open to new ideas. This thread may make some people mad but whatever, dont really care. I just want to show people what can be done through will power and determination with A LOT of hard work.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Diet

Here is my diet. I am working with the smae guy who helped put me through a show about 4 years ago now, some of his stuff people dont agree with but it works for me. So everyone knows I am about 5'9 and 215-225lbs. Bodyfat is prolly somewhere between 12-15%. I'll upload pictures at the end of the week.

Meal 1:
6 egg whites
2 whole eggs
1/2 cup oats
5gr creatine
5gr glutamine

Meal 2:
8-10 oz Sirloin
1 cup green veggies
Medium Sweet Potato

Meal 3:
2 cans of Tuna or 10oz Tilapia
1/2 cup Brown Rice

Meal 4:
8-10 oz Sirloin
1/2 cup green veggies
large Salad

Meal 5:
1 cup Plain Yogurt
1 green apple
5gr Creatine
5gr Glutamine

*Pre-Workout:
2 scoops Protein
5gr Creatine
5gr Glutamine

*Post-Workout:
2 scoops Protein
5gr Creatine
5gr Glutamine
2,000mg Vit. C

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so in theory if we dont argue protein you love us?
lol

unc21

unc21

Awards
  • Established
Have you ever tried greek yogurt instead of regular yogurt? More protein, less carbs ;)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout

I can't train legs at the moment. I have a torn hamtring and I really have to modify my back workouts but I;ve been doing ok with it.

Monday: Chest
Incline DB
Flat DB
Decline BB
Cable Flys

Tuesday: Back
Wide Grip Pull-Ups
Machine Iso Rows
CG Pull-Down
Rope Pull Downs
Iso Lat Pull Down
DB Shrugs

Wed: Abs/Cardio

Thursday: Triceps
Close Grip Bench
Skull Crushers
Cable Kick Backs
Smith CG Bench

Friday: Biceps
Seated DB Iso Curls
One Arm Preacher Curls
Pin-Wheel Curls
Conentrations Curls
Reverse Grip BB Curls

Saturday: Shoulders
BB Front Press
Iso Side DB Lateral
Lying DB Side Laterals
DB Front Raises
Up-Right Rows
DB Shrugs

Sunday: Abs/Cardio

I'll be doing cardio Post-Workout for about 30min. Walking on the tredmill at 3.0 speed and a 10incline or 15%. On off days I'll do it 1st thing in the mornina for 30 min then abs later in the after noon followed by 20min of cardio

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am doing a cutting log here with, in essence, no supplements. People need to see that they're not the make or break and that your diet can, and is, the most effective tool of all!

Now before people start going nuts after they see my diet and daily regimen, saying DW I see supplements in there! You said you weren't going to use any!

Ok here's what were going to do....
1.) creatine mono. Could easily get what I need from red meat but I dont have the extra $ to buy 97/3 lean read meat to eat so I'm going the cheaper route.
2.) Glutamine. I could get these daily amounts from Cottage Cheese, but for me it's too high in carbs and not to mention the lactose that doesn't agree with my stomach
3.) Vit C. Fruit is doo-doo postworkout so I'll just pop some Vit. C post workout so I dont have to eat all that useless fruit sugar.
4.) Protein Powder. If you argue this, you're an idiot and i hate you.

I feel that all 3 supps are reasonable and can be agreed upon by most of the community that they're legit reasons/supplements.

My main point here is people are stacking 3 fat burners w pre-workout drinks and GH boosters next to a test booster and look better, but by no means look as good as they could because their diet isn't as good as it needs to be, or they just haven't figured out what foods work best with their body. Which I know takes time so you guys keep plugging away and be open to new ideas. This thread may make some people mad but whatever, dont really care. I just want to show people what can be done through will power and determination with A LOT of hard work.

In :fing02:

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1 cup is about 22g's of protein and only 6gs of carbs and 0 fat.

Its a lot more bitter than regular yogurt, but all I do is add a little splenda and its great.
splenda is a BIG SCAM!!!!!!Stevia is good!

unc21

unc21

Awards
  • Established
splenda is a BIG SCAM!!!!!!Stevia is good!
Ive definitely been using stevia more and more and straying away from splenda as well. Where I work, they have packets there, so its more of a convenience factor for me when I need it.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will be updating my diet every 3-4 weeks. I'll be cutting until begging of August I think. I will also be changing my training routine every time my diet changes. I hope I can start training legs in July so we'll see, untill then its just rehab and lots of it.
"I will also be changing my training routine every time my diet changes."

Double In:fing02:

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hey DW are you doing this to prove a point or you just broke?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey DW are you doing this to prove a point or you just broke?
proabably 70/30...70 to prove a point and 30 because I dont have too much money.

I do have enough money/resources to buy a fat-burner, test booster/muscle builder, and pre-workout stuff.

Just bugs me. After I do this though, I hope AM makes it a sticky in the Weight-Loss forum.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
proabably 70/30...70 to prove a point and 30 because I dont have too much money.

I do have enough money/resources to buy a fat-burner, test booster/muscle builder, and pre-workout stuff.

Just bugs me. After I do this though, I hope AM makes it a sticky in the Weight-Loss forum.
nice man
prove all those suckers buying fat burners wrong
sub'd

yoshi5674

yoshi5674

Awards
  • Established
DW, I'm with you on this. I've never used a weight loss supp. in my life. I control my wieght with diet. I cut 20lbs once eating tuna and fresh spinach for 3 weeks straight. I happened to be poor at the time lol.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I thought you weren't supposed to dose vit c right after a workout. Correct me if im wrong.

kmcart

Awards
DW I love where this is going and can't wait to see you get through it. Anxious to see you go against the grain and prove it can be done. Also the protein powder quote...pure genius.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought you weren't supposed to dose vit c right after a workout. Correct me if im wrong.
Some may say, but the guy that does my diet advised me to do so. I never go against what he says. I know it sounds kind of "cultish" but the guy has only produced great results for me in the past.

I would also like to thank everyone for their support.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like youve got it all planned out. Subbed, I am not a big fan of weight loss supplements.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just got back from the gym. Feel great! I changed it up a little form the outline because they got new equipment, some ahmmer stuff that I really like using.

Incline DB Bench
100x9
90x11
85x12

Hammer Iso-Flat Bench
180x10
190x10
210x8

Decline BB Bench
155x12
165x12
175x12

Slight Incline DB Flys
35x15
40x12
45x10

Cable Flys
Dont remember the weight but it was 3 straight sets of 10reps

30min cardio after!

I hit a WALL when I got to BB decline. I dont know what it was but I felt like I could do 12 reps of anything, but that 13th wasn't moving!

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subway eat fresh
i mean subd

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man I forgot how much serious cutting sucked! I'm starving right now and only have my final meal to look forward to :(

Gotta stick to the plan! For Protein I went with a tub og LG Lipotropic Chocolate Protein and a tub of NutraPro Vanilla Protein.

I plan on mxing 2scoops NutraPro with Coffee pre-workout for a nice pick me up, that hopefully tastes good. I haven't tried either of them but I will report back on both flavors. As you guys know I am a straight shooter when it comes to flavors.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Lets see what DW does. I'm expecting great things from one of the Old School.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
good luck DW subbed.

Luisciphr1

Awards
I'm in.

Could you explain why you're taking 20grams of Creatine and Glutamine per day? I'm not questioning it, I'm wondering if I need to up my own dosages, as it's cheap enough when bought by the kilo. Thanks.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in.

Could you explain why you're taking 20grams of Creatine and Glutamine per day? I'm not questioning it, I'm wondering if I need to up my own dosages, as it's cheap enough when bought by the kilo. Thanks.
Just bro science man, trial and error. I find I get more from 20gr/day of creatine than 5-10gr/day..as in strength, fullness and endurance.

Same for Glutamine. I took at it 20-40gr/day while cutting and saved a ton of msucle, I'd guess 10lbs or so?!? vs. when I wasn't using it in a cut.

I dont have any fancy experiments, although those can be very benifical dont get me wrong. Just some bro science going on. You're also right about it being so inexpensive, gives enough reason to at leas try it once.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Subbed

I dose 1g vit c 1 hour before and right after workout.. why is it considered bad to dose after workouts? I always thought it made sense to do so.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
So how were the protein flavors? Feedback?

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Haven't got them yet, sorry. I just ordered them las night so they should be here by the end of the week.
LOL my bad I read wrong. I always look forward to "taste reviews" because if you're gonna pay for a supplement and take it every day, that's something I factor in

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Subed way to go DW I'll be following for sure. I'm very happy your doing this.

futbolista

futbolista

Awards
Looks like a great log. Interested in watching your progress.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Todays workout was TOUGH!!!!!! I was dead for my workout today but pushed through it and finished ....

Wide Grip Pull-Ups
BWx12
BWx10
BWx8

Machine Iso Rows
100x12
100x12
100x13

CG Pull-Down
150x11
150x10
150x8

Rope Pull Downs
3sets of 15
*SUPER SET*
Iso Lat Pull Down
40x8
30x10
30x10

DB Shrugs
*Used a Bench machine instead of DB
90x20
90x15
90x15

then finished it with 30 mintes of cardio!!!!!

Had a really bad headache today also, probably my body adjusting to the lower amount of carbs...yippy

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^^^^^^^what the hell is that?
looks like some kind of meat and fries?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Something odd that happened today at the gym.

As i was getting ready to do my 2nd set of Pull-Ups this feller came over to the cable station, looked at me, jumped up and did 5 or 6 pull ups swinging like a fish. He then got down and looked at me again then went back to do abs.

I of course was staring the entire time wondering, "WTF is this guy doing?!?" with a sotra confused look on my face.

Since im new to this gym (trained here last summer but you know what I mean) I try and go between 12-2pm because thats usually when no hardcore guys are in there. Last year I trained later in the day and being a white guy, didn't suite me very well for the most productive workouts. Because stuff like this happened a lot but times 10....they would just start working in on a machine and never get up and let their buddies come over and use it after they were done.