"Hey, let's watch wrasslin' battle sleep in the 'PM'!" (Sponsored)

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, this log is being brought to you by Animal and we are going to see if I can finally get a replacement for my sleep meds while getting some added recovery!

So for you who were following my track log, here's an update!:
During track I got cought up with a few injuries....Started with shin splints with have progressively gotten to the point of being un-bearable, then I went through a groin injury, pulled hamstring, then tendonitus in both my knees which I believe has to lead to an un-diagnosed injury (feels like there is nothing in my knees), so I have to make a trip to the doctors if ANOTHER week off from running doesn't help. But besides all that and a sprained wrist which is better, I'm ready to rock! :usa:

As of right now everything is UNDER-CONSTRUCTION (diet/workout/and cardio) which will all be posted Monday at the start of the log. Just thought I'd post this incase anyone would like to give any input in the two and a half days before I start!

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Ok guys, here's the details I know you all have been waiting for :fing02:
Right now now track has just finished, so I am currently in my off season and it's time to get bigger, stronger, faster for football season coming up!

The Nutrition:
Mon-Friday- Carbs: 200-350g, Protein: 250g, Fat: 50-60g
Saturday- Carbs: 100-150g, Protein: 250g, Fat:50-60g
Sunday- Carbs: 0g, Protein: 250-300g, Fat: 60-75g

Diet is pretty much carb cycling, Monday starts high (350g) and progressively drops down in 25-50g incriments (depending on activity level for the day) until it hits 200g on Friday.

The Weight Lifting:
Monday- Chest HEAVY/Rear Delts/Calfs
Tuesday- Back/Traps/Forearms
Wedsday- Legs HEAVY
Thursday- Shoulders (Front/Middle), Triceps, Calfs
Friday- Chest LIGHT/Biceps/Forearms/Traps
Saturday- Legs LIGHT and anything that I think needs extra work.
Sunday- Day of rest

The heavy days will be reps of 3-8 with some drop sets added if I feel the need. Light days are 12-25 reps for muscular endurance.

The Cardio:
Sprints ranging between 100's and 400's tops, bleachers, steppers, jump rope, and OCCASIONAL mid-distance (as a sprinter I prefer not to do distance). Cardio will include a warm up of an 800m jog and crazy eights. Cool down will be 800m jog.

The Supplements:
Animal PM
Leviathan Reloaded (2 caps AM, 2 caps mid-day)
Guggelsterones
Beta-Alanine (3-4g prior to each workout)
AAKG (3-5g prior to each workout)
Glutamine (10g before bed)
DHEA (300mg ED, stopping Monday)
Multivitamin (Morning and post-workout)
Chromium/Gymnema Sylvestre/Vanadyl (Prior to carb meals)
Vitamin B-100 (Breakfast and post-workout)

And that is it! Also I have a job where I do concrete/mulch laying etc. type work so there is some extra cardio there. Will post my sloppy out of shape beginning pic here after I go do some cardio, and I will be starting the Animal PM tonight instead of tomorrow, STAY TUNED!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
subbed.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

The Ups: Had a great sleep last night and felt more relaxed in the evening, woke up feeling very refreshed and felt a little more energetic in the morning.

The Downs: I had a hard time falling asleep still last night and had to take one and a half servings of my script sleep meds. This could also be due to me over-sleeping Saturday and Sunday.

The Summary: This looks promising so far as stated in the 'Ups' part above. I believe as my body adjusts to my regular sleep levels again it may start to shine more and also given it has only been one day. Looking forward to it tonight!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Day 1

The Ups: Had a great sleep last night and felt more relaxed in the evening, woke up feeling very refreshed and felt a little more energetic in the morning.

The Downs: I had a hard time falling asleep still last night and had to take one and a half servings of my script sleep meds. This could also be due to me over-sleeping Saturday and Sunday.

The Summary: This looks promising so far as stated in the 'Ups' part above. I believe as my body adjusts to my regular sleep levels again it may start to shine more and also given it has only been one day. Looking forward to it tonight!
if your script is for a benzo, i recommend you not cold turkey on it. phase it out slowly using the supp to help. you might even throw in a phenibut xt by sns every now and then.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
if your script is for a benzo, i recommend you not cold turkey on it. phase it out slowly using the supp to help. you might even throw in a phenibut xt by sns every now and then.
Haha no bro, I will never touch another benzo/narcotic or anything of the sort again.

It's called Trazadone and I believe it's not supposed to be addicting.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Haha no bro, I will never touch another benzo/narcotic or anything of the sort again.

It's called Trazadone and I believe it's not supposed to be addicting.
i just looked at warnings and cautions of trazadone-be careful, i would still suggest you wean off it slowly.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
i just looked at warnings and cautions of trazadone-be careful, i would still suggest you wean off it slowly.
I'll take a look at it again....It's got to be healthier than Ambien which I was on back earlier this year. Even though that stuff gave me great sleep with not near as much side effects.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

The Ups: Felt very relaxed again, pretty much same as first post. Wasn't as sore from my chest workout yesterday as I thought I would so that was great! Also I'm waking up easier still.

The Downs: Still had to take one and a half Trazadone last night and couldn't get to sleep until 4 hours after I layed down.

The Summary: This product still seems promising, I'm not going to blame my still on-going sleep problems on this because I have just started. I'm enjoying the relaxation/recovery so far!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Day 2

The Ups: Felt very relaxed again, pretty much same as first post. Wasn't as sore from my chest workout yesterday as I thought I would so that was great! Also I'm waking up easier still.

The Downs: Still had to take one and a half Trazadone last night and couldn't get to sleep until 4 hours after I layed down.

The Summary: This product still seems promising, I'm not going to blame my still on-going sleep problems on this because I have just started. I'm enjoying the relaxation/recovery so far!
good job, use the supp to wean yourself off the script-give it some time.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
good job, use the supp to wean yourself off the script-give it some time.
That's what I'm going to try to do man, we think alike :sgrin:
But I'm going to see how tonight goes....Fingers crossed.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That's what I'm going to try to do man, we think alike :sgrin:
But I'm going to see how tonight goes....Fingers crossed.
get some phenibut xt and use 1-2 caps on really difficult nights. i can't believe how potent phenibut is.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
get some phenibut xt and use 1-2 caps on really difficult nights. i can't believe how potent phenibut is.
I will deffinitly look into it here in a minute bro, if it's as good as you say that would be awesome lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I will deffinitly look into it here in a minute bro, if it's as good as you say that would be awesome lol.
it is-i was able to wean off klonipin using somnidren and phenibut xt. i still use phenibut xt when i really need it.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

The Ups: Last night I fell asleep right when I layed down, given it wasn't until midnight when I took it (girlfriend was over), but I was wide awake still when I took it so that shows something! The relaxation is starting to get more pronounced also.

The Downs: None.

Summary: Knees have improved a lot, I don't know how considering I've still been running and sprinting but today I squatted 315x3 for the first time since April. This probably has nothing to do with the PM....But just thought I'd put it in here!

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Hey T, I just looked up everything on Trazodone and frankly it scared the sh1t out of me, I'm going to slowly decrease it this week and get off of it as soon as possible.

I don't think there's one side-effect on there that I don't have. And the parts on slurred speech/memory loss/and not good co-ordination I have VERY bad. This whole time I thought it was because of the truck accident I had back in October but I'm not so sure anymore....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hey T, I just looked up everything on Trazodone and frankly it scared the sh1t out of me, I'm going to slowly decrease it this week and get off of it as soon as possible.

I don't think there's one side-effect on there that I don't have. And the parts on slurred speech/memory loss/and not good co-ordination I have VERY bad. This whole time I thought it was because of the truck accident I had back in October but I'm not so sure anymore....
listen to me: take it easy, come off the trazodone slowly. workout a taper and stick to it.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
listen to me: take it easy, come off the trazodone slowly. workout a taper and stick to it.
I will. I'm waiting until Wedsday next week since it will be the last day of school and I won't have to worry about staying up too late and having to get up early. I'll lower it back down to one a night and after a couple days half of one a night.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I will. I'm waiting until Wedsday next week since it will be the last day of school and I won't have to worry about staying up too late and having to get up early. I'll lower it back down to one a night and after a couple days half of one a night.
stick to it!!!

get some phenibut xt for those really bad nights.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Day 4

The Ups: Went to sleep in a decent amount of time last night even though I still took my sleep meds. I keep waking up MUCH better though lately, this morning I almost immediatly snapped into 'wake up' mode and got my workout in!

The Downs: None at all, sleep keeps getting easier.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Day 4

The Ups: Went to sleep in a decent amount of time last night even though I still took my sleep meds. I keep waking up MUCH better though lately, this morning I almost immediatly snapped into 'wake up' mode and got my workout in!

The Downs: None at all, sleep keeps getting easier.
glad to hear that!!! :fing02:

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Days 5-6

Ups: Haven't had to use my sleep pills at which was great! Recovery is also being great.

Downs: None.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Day 7

Forgot to take the PM with me to my mom's, so nothing really to update on from last night. I need to get a better memory haha....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Day 7

Forgot to take the PM with me to my mom's, so nothing really to update on from last night. I need to get a better memory haha....
if you find a better memory somewhere-pick me up one too.:chairfall:

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Day 8

Ups: Had a good sleep last night, took the PM and only one sleep med and past out right after my girlfriend left. Chest is still really sore from yesterday, but I FINALLY put up 225 on incline, twice, so that was awesome.

Downs: None to speak of.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Day 8

Ups: Had a good sleep last night, took the PM and only one sleep med and past out right after my girlfriend left. Chest is still really sore from yesterday, but I FINALLY put up 225 on incline, twice, so that was awesome.

congrats on the 225x2!!!:fing02:

damn, wrasslin you should be very proud of all the obstacles you have overcome. :beerchug:

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Day 9-13

Sorry for the lack of updates, been busy with football and work around the house.

Ups: Sleep is GREAT! A couple days this week I didn't even have to take my sleep meds to get to sleep! Also waking up very refreshed and ready to go which helped a LOT for the Combine Test we had to for football.

Downs: One of the pills got stuck in the throat the other day so I had to take a couple extra swigs of water haha.

So today we had our Combine Test for football.....I got our 4th best 40 time on the team which was surprising considering all my injuries at the moment and weighing 15-20lbs over my speedy weight haha. And I almost put up 275 on bench today....Failed though and that was UPSETTING considering I was so close. And my squats didn't do as good as I thought.....I only ended up getting 365 before my knees told me to go to hell lol. Oh well, I think were having another test after Two-A-Days in August so we'll see the improvements then.....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thank you bro :fing02:
i have overcame quite a few obstacles myself, so i have a ton of respect for what you are going through. keep your nose clean and work hard, it will pay off in the end.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
i have overcame quite a few obstacles myself, so i have a ton of respect for what you are going through. keep your nose clean and work hard, it will pay off in the end.
Yeah you did mention that before.....I'm glad you came out good bro!
I'm working on it....I'm on student council for this year, then this is the first year I've done sports since 8th grade....Huge mistake on my part but least I still have a chance to make it up my last year haha.
:usa:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah you did mention that before.....I'm glad you came out good bro!
I'm working on it....I'm on student council for this year, then this is the first year I've done sports since 8th grade....Huge mistake on my part but least I still have a chance to make it up my last year haha.
:usa:
making mistakes is part of life, make the most of your second chances.:fing02:

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Day 14

Ups: None.

Downs: Could not get to sleep for the life of me last night.....Had to take two of the Trazadones. Last night was the maddest I've been for a long time....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Day 14

Ups: None.

Downs: Could not get to sleep for the life of me last night.....Had to take two of the Trazadones. Last night was the maddest I've been for a long time....
life is like that!!! gonna have days [nights] like that.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Day 15

Ups: Woke up feeling refreshed....Only good part of last night though.

Downs: I could not get to sleep last night either.... Took one and a half Trazadones 15 min after the PM and still couldn't go to sleep, took 4 allergy pills (regular 'Drowsy') and still couldn't sleep. The only times I did sleep last night was partial-sleeping because I still felt wide awake but I was sleeping.

Not sure what last night was all about....I even had a 'workout' if you call it that around 10...I had no stims that day and I didn't have anyone stay the night either....Weird.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Update

Ok, so I just got back from the doctor/orthepedic or whatever guy.....And I guess the bones in my legs are fine, but I have severe cases of tendonitus/shin splints and ruptures, are diminishing amounts of the tendons in my platella (I think that's what he said) and throughout my legs from the knees down.
So I'm not allowed to run, walk or stand for long periods, and I'm not supposed to do any weights or strenuos activity that involves me having to stand up (funny guy.....haha) for 3-4 weeks until I see him again.....This is sh1tty!
And he prescribed me Oxaprozin for anti-inflammatory. I really don't like taking prescriptions pills after my incident earlier this year, but I need to do whatever it takes to be able to play sports next year and ultimately boot camp after I graduate.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Update

Ok, so I just got back from the doctor/orthepedic or whatever guy.....And I guess the bones in my legs are fine, but I have severe cases of tendonitus/shin splints and ruptures, are diminishing amounts of the tendons in my platella (I think that's what he said) and throughout my legs from the knees down.
So I'm not allowed to run, walk or stand for long periods, and I'm not supposed to do any weights or strenuos activity that involves me having to stand up (funny guy.....haha) for 3-4 weeks until I see him again.....This is sh1tty!
And he prescribed me Oxaprozin for anti-inflammatory. I really don't like taking prescriptions pills after my incident earlier this year, but I need to do whatever it takes to be able to play sports next year and ultimately boot camp after I graduate.
take the time off, let your body heal. you will be amazed at how fast you will get your strength and conditioning back-just make sure you keep yourself busy so you don't relapse back into bad habits.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
take the time off, let your body heal. you will be amazed at how fast you will get your strength and conditioning back-just make sure you keep yourself busy so you don't relapse back into bad habits.
I will man....I'm only supposed to take two a day so I'm going to stick to that....I just have to let my coaches know tomorrow at lifting my condition for the moment....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I will man....I'm only supposed to take two a day so I'm going to stick to that....I just have to let my coaches know tomorrow at lifting my condition for the moment....
:fing02:

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Day 16

Ups: When I finally fell asleep last night it was a great sleep. Recovery is also improved, my chest should be much more sore than this from yesterday haha so that is good! Also was easier to wake up this morning so that is a HUGE plus, it's not fun walking around with your head spinning and you tripping over yourself for the first ten minutes your awake every morning lol.

Downs: Took forever me to sleep last night. Had to consume two servings of Trazodone (200mg).

I think the reason it was so hard to get to sleep last night was because my mind would not stop going crazy.....Grandma is in the hospital last night getting surgery because if not she would die...She's frequently been in and out of there the past couple weeks. And she's the only grandparent I have.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Day 16

Ups: When I finally fell asleep last night it was a great sleep. Recovery is also improved, my chest should be much more sore than this from yesterday haha so that is good! Also was easier to wake up this morning so that is a HUGE plus, it's not fun walking around with your head spinning and you tripping over yourself for the first ten minutes your awake every morning lol.

Downs: Took forever me to sleep last night. Had to consume two servings of Trazodone (200mg).

I think the reason it was so hard to get to sleep last night was because my mind would not stop going crazy.....Grandma is in the hospital last night getting surgery because if not she would die...She's frequently been in and out of there the past couple weeks. And she's the only grandparent I have.
i once described my problem sleeping to my doc like this-it's like a movie projector that keeps playing things that happened that day over and over. i understand what you are going through!!! keep fighting.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
i once described my problem sleeping to my doc like this-it's like a movie projector that keeps playing things that happened that day over and over. i understand what you are going through!!! keep fighting.
Thank you bro....Going to be really hard now that I flushed my sleep meds.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Day 17

Ups: Got to sleep last night without my sleep meds and it was easy....Given it was 2 AM haha.....No recovery today =(

So yesterday I flushed my sleep meds. I got a phone call from my Marine recruiter and he said the only thing that disqualified me from joining was the sleep meds and said that if I stopped taking them and received a note from my Dr. saying that I was off of them we would have our meeting.....So down the toilet they went and I have both meetings next week. Time to move on from those things anyway.....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
GOOD LUCK!!!

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Day 18

Ups: Went to sleep easily last night around 12 o'clock. Had some weird dreams too haha. Woke up very groggy though....Not sure what that was all about since I'm not taking my sleep meds.

Downs: Woke up feeling like I had a hangover. Not sure if it was from the PM though....Just posting it.