RPM+DRIVE breakin the cap log!

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.5%

RPM+DRIVE breakin the cap log!

Short bio: I started Lifting about a year ago and put on about 40 lbs of fat and muscle in around 6 months, and increased my maxes significantly, but I capped out around 165 lbs and could not break it for another 4-5 months. However, I was losing a little BF and putting on a bit more lean muscle. Then I joined the USAF and went to Basic Training where I lost almost 20 lbs in 2 months (a lot of BF at least ) Then in the 3 weeks after that I slapped all that weight right back on by hitting the gym. Now I'm back where I started and can't break that 165 mark. So I decided to give RPM, Drive, and NeoVar a try.

TLDR: I can't break 165 lbs! So I'm trying rpm, drive and neovar.

Hopefully gonna get some before pictures up sometime soon, but unfortunately I started the stack last monday so I'm about 6 days in.

DIET:
    Breakfast: Usually 2~3 eggs hard-boiled or sometimes fried, with a bowl of oatmeal and some fruit like bananas, melons, or grapefruit.

Protein shake somewhere in here.

Lunch:Quite varied but always has ~8oz of meat eg. baked fish, hamburger, or rotisserie chicken(no skin), with more fruit, and whole wheat bread.

Protein shake after workout or a couple hours before dinner.

Dinner: A lot of the time I end up eating a grilled chicken sandwhich with only lettuce and tomato with a side salad with fat-free dressing.

Workout Routine:
    Since I am still training status with the AF(and will be for the next year and a half or so), I have mandated physical conditioning 3 times a week which usually only consists of some push-ups, sit-ups and a 2 mile run. once a week in the morning and twice in the afternoon. This kinda helps since I HATE RUNNING, but maybe it will keep my BF% down?

I try to lift weights at the gym however 3~4 times a week which rotates through Chest/Shoulders, Legs, Bis/Tris, and Back days. (perhaps I should start switching it up to different workout routines?).

Supplements:
    NutraPro Strawberries and Cream protein powder, 4scoops/day
    Origin Fish Oil 1200mg pills, ~6/day
    Xtend, 6Scoops/day
    NeoVar, 3 post work out or with lunch and 3 with dinner.
    RPM, 3 pre-work out
    Drive, 3 first thing in the morning and 3 pre-workout or with lunch
    Black Catz, Sometimes when I'm feelin a little less motivated I pop 1 of these with the RPM and Drive preworkout and it works wonders.

Please! Questions, Comments, and feedback are greatly appreciated! Sub and help me out and still a newbie! I'm hopin to get to 185 by the end of this year and any feedback would be great.

EDIT: Pics from 5/16/2010 are on the 4th post.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.62%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

good luck man! Looks like you should have some fun! Feel free to ask any questions along the way.
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.5%

thanks! I'm sure I'll have many, especially about the AN products.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.5%

Here we go :S first time doin somethin like this. I have never been more dedicated so I really hope to start gettin my fat ass in shape :P or skinny ass? Either way I'm ready!
  5. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Grimninja117 View Post
    TLDR: I can't break 165 lbs! So I'm trying rpm, drive and neovar.

Workout Routine:
    Since I am still training status with the AF(and will be for the next year and a half or so), I have mandated physical conditioning 3 times a week which usually only consists of some push-ups, sit-ups and a 2 mile run. once a week in the morning and twice in the afternoon. This kinda helps since I HATE RUNNING, but maybe it will keep my BF% down?

I try to lift weights at the gym however 3~4 times a week which rotates through Chest/Shoulders, Legs, Bis/Tris, and Back days. (perhaps I should start switching it up to different workout routines?).

Please! Questions, Comments, and feedback are greatly appreciated! Sub and help me out and still a newbie! I'm hopin to get to 185 by the end of this year and any feedback would be great.
    If you can't break 165lb, then you're not eating enough - that's where you look first, nutrition. If it's not in your nutrition, then you're not doing the right kind of training for muscle gains.

Your mandated physical conditioning you should use as your cardio, and then your resistance training on top of that. If you want mass, then you need to train for mass. Personally, I'd give your Shoulders their own day, and do Legs/Abs, Back, Chest, Shoulders/Arms, and another day - on a cardio day, do Abs. if you can only get to the gym three times a week, do lower body, upper body, and full-body sessions. Pick a split and stick to it for 4-8 weeks, and then change it up. Or you can change it up slightly each week re exercises or sets or reps or weight lifted (only one thing per session needs changing, not a complete overhaul), to keep your body guessing and improving.

Other than that, all the best in reaching your goal. Do remember, that it IS going to be very dependent on your a. NUTRITION, and b. Training, so make sure that you have both of them right.

And yes, watching and making comments where I feel necessary.

~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.5%

Thanks rosie I def love seeing feedback from you.

Quick question on diet for anyone out there: How many calories a day should I be focusing on getting and what % do I want (of those cals) to be protein/carbs etc? Just a vague tip would be helpful.
  7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.32%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

listen to rosie and you can't go wrong-girl knows her sheit.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.5%

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    listen to rosie and you can't go wrong-girl knows her sheit.
    Truth!
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.5%

Today's workout:

Cardio (AF PT) 1615-
    Uphill run moderate-fast pace, 15 min w/3 min cooldown. +stretching

BACK 1700-
    Pull ups (weighted) 5x5 w/25lbs
    Seated wide grip rows 5x5 70 lbs
    Lat pulldown 5x5 150 lbs
    dumbell shrugs 5x5 75lbs(1set) --> 90 lbs
    Back bench(?) 3x10reps w/ 35lbs

Core 1900-
    Some exercise ball routines and russian twists(?) 3 sets.

1930 = done :P
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.5%

I'm really starting to feel the effects of Drive I think... I can't ever get enough every time I workout!! Anyway here's the details for today.

Exercise:

Morning run 0515 - 6 minutes jogging then ~7 minutes of sprinting straights and slow jogging corners on a 1/4 mile track with 1 min of push ups and sit ups and the beginning and end.

School all day 0755-1450

Gym! 1615-1745
    Tried something new today... switching between letter sets before moving on to the next I did the following:

A1. Hammer DB Curl - 6x6 reps - 30lb dumbells
    A2. Decline Close-grip Bench - 6x6 reps - 145 lbs

B1. Barbell Drag Curls - 4x8 reps - 70lbs --> 80lbs(x2) --> 90lbs
    B2. Seated Rack presses - 4x6 reps - 115lbs

C1. Standing Arnold Presses - 4x8 reps - 35lb dumbells

D1. Barbell Curl Iso-holds - 3x60seconds - 40lbs
    D2. Close Grip Bench Iso-hold - 3x60seconds - 65lbs (struggled tough:S)

Ate pretty well today, 3 eggs this morning w/ hashbrowns, ham, and 3 slices of melon, 2 protein shakes 1 post workout, some chocolate pre and post workout, a tuna sandwich w/ mustard for a snack and spaghetti and a slice of wheat bread for lunch and corn and spinach on the side, and thinkin about a grilled chicken fillet in between 2 pieces of whole wheat toast for dinner and some cottage cheese. My diet will mainly look something like this everyday so I wont spam my posts with diet unless there is something peculiar.

Overall: Feelin great Going to get a day of rest tomorrow and do some studying.
  11. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks rosie I def love seeing feedback from you.

Quick question on diet for anyone out there: How many calories a day should I be focusing on getting and what % do I want (of those cals) to be protein/carbs etc? Just a vague tip would be helpful.
    No one can tell you how much your should be eating. Just know that to gain mass, you need to be eating OVER Maintenance - there are calculators and equations, etc.; one is Estimating Energy Expenditure.

As far as your macronutrient ratios, these are very much dependent upon you as an individual - you have to find out what works best for you.

I recommend that you read the articles at Rosie's MuscleRevolution - Gaining Muscle.

~Team APPNUT

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.5%

Thanks again Rosie, as always your input rocks.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.5%

So I decided to up my caloric intake a bit to around 4000cals a day, hopefully I will start seeing a weight increase, but for the last 4 days or so I've been 163.2lbs in the AM and 166lbs in the PM on the dot.

Anyway I took yesterday off and I did some cardio today, a quick mile and a half warmup run with some sit ups push ups and pull ups, then came the heat. It went like this:
    5x 100 yard wind sprints with 20 second rest period
    4x 50 yard steep incline runs with 20 second rest period
    3x 200 yard elevated pace runs with 60 sec rest period
    then 2 lap warm down run.

Decent work out but I was feelin a little pain in my right hamstring, hopefully just some tension from the hill runs Still feelin great and can't wait to hit chest tomorrow
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.5%

Quick update, did chest on Friday and a light back workout on saturday, but the big news is that I've upped my caloric intake to around 4.5k calories a day, pretty clean too I might add.

The thing is, that over the last week I've LOST half a pound I don't realy know what's goin on but hopefully the before and after pictures will tell me something more :/
  15. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%

Quick update, did chest on Friday and a light back workout on saturday, but the big news is that I've upped my caloric intake to around 4.5k calories a day, pretty clean too I might add.

The thing is, that over the last week I've LOST half a pound I don't realy know what's goin on but hopefully the before and after pictures will tell me something more :/
    It could just be from food/water weight, or maybe you've lost fat, or just a fluctuation in weight - nothing to stress over.

~Team APPNUT

16. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Scott View Post
    It could just be from food/water weight, or maybe you've lost fat
    ~Team APPNUT
    I sure hope so, but the silly electronic scale is tellin me my body fat is still around 19.5%. Anway we'll see where I'm at strength wise and aesthetic wise at the end of this bottle of drive.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.5%

I believe I'll be extending this log over into my FreeTest log and picking up another bottle of drive and neovar (maybe a different creatine depending on price). Will post newer pictures as well as the ones from a few weeks ago and will be introducing new meal plans and workouts every couple days. For now just goin to the gym to do a pretty average back workout, just some pullups, rows, lat pulldowns etc most likely.

TLDR Going to start updating in different thread (Sponsered Free Test log! ), will post link here shortly after starting it.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.52%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Late but sub'd haha.
    I've still never got around to this combo, how it works out for you will decide if I use it in my off-season training!
  19. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.32%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

Quote Originally Posted by wrasslin116 View Post
    Late but sub'd haha.
    I've still never got around to this combo, how it works out for you will decide if I use it in my off-season training!
    try the little bottles and see. i had forgotten how good rpm/drive is until i picked up the little bottles at vs for $10. i liked it so much i got the big bottles. drive is an excellent supplement.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.23%

try the little bottles and see. i had forgotten how good rpm/drive is until i picked up the little bottles at vs for $10. i liked it so much i got the big bottles. drive is an excellent supplement.
    I saw RPM on wheycheap the other day for like half off... Shoulda jumped on the sale
  21. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.32%

Quote Originally Posted by Naberious View Post
    I saw RPM on wheycheap the other day for like half off... Shoulda jumped on the sale
    damn, everytime i go to wheycheap they have bs stuff. wish i would have seen that.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.5%

damn, everytime i go to wheycheap they have bs stuff. wish i would have seen that.
    Yea it was freakin awesome, I picked up a couple bottles for myself and to trade for some other supps my buddys had like some casein and white flood :P
  23. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.32%

Yea it was freakin awesome, I picked up a couple bottles for myself and to trade for some other supps my buddys had like some casein and white flood :P
    lucky dog!!! last time i was there it was bogus hoodia, lol.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.5%

Good news! The work is paying off > I weighed in later in the afternoon but I'm up at 168.5 lbs and people are startin to say my arms already look bigger so that's good. Definitely feelin stronger on this stuff too.

Wasn't too motivated today unfortunately, but I got to the gym for a pretty sweet arm exercise that involved supersetting. Went something like:

set A
    Incline zottoman curls 5x8 w/ 30lb DB and 35 with last set.
    1 1/3 close grip benchpress (flat) 5x8 w 135lb BB - These are DEATH xD

Set B
    Preacher curls 4x6 w/ 75lb BB
    Behind the head DB triceps extension 4x8 w/ 60lb DB

Set C
    Cable Supine Curls 3x10 w/ 57.5lbs
    Triceps rope pulldowns 3x10 w/ 42.5 lbs (I think can't remember :S)
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.5%

Hitting chest today after a nice day off from class. Had some weird persian picnic thing instead lol. and I'm not gonna lie the food was great so I definitely got my fill Going to take a nice 4 day break after this workout too probably, and maybe do some cardio. because after this weekend it's back to the gym and HAARD. Starting Free Test
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.5%

back over the long weekend weighed in at 165.4 this morning, so we're looking good, hopefully my bottle of Free Test arrived so we can start up the second half of this log.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.5%

Continuing log in sponsored Free Test thread. Feel free to join!!

Grim's AppNut Super Stack! (Sponsered)

Similar Forum Threads

1. Drive
    By teamtoofast in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-09-2008, 06:35 PM
  2. Pre w/o purposes: RPM vs RPM+Drive vs Drive?
    By JJC in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 03:31 PM
  3. No sex drive
    By Juicaholic in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 11:16 PM