White Flood: new Fruit Punch flavor review!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

White Flood: new Fruit Punch flavor review!

I received my WF 2 days ago, and tasted it on the spot, as well as today pre-workout for the first time.

Today I took 1.5 scoops an hour before the gym without food, ate a banana on the way, then ran 1 mile barefoot on the treadmill at a 7:30 pace, then put my shoes on for another mile at a 7:00 minute pace. I'm trying to get used to the barefoot thing, it's WAY better physically.

I went on to do alternating dips and pullups, 7 and 5 respectively, with 20sec rest in between supersets. I did a total of 6 sets, then did behind the head dumbell press for 3 x 10 x 55, and EX bar curls 3 x 10 x 65.

Taste - 10. It's just great. It's a fruit ****tail, with tropical hints and a smidge of bubble gum. Negligible bitter/herbal/chemical aftertaste, nothing at all like the original flavor. Very, very nice. Quaffable, I might say.

Consistency - 10. CL powdered supps are second to none: uber-fine, super-smooth. It mixes quickly wit a spoon, leaving virtually zero residue or silt.

Effects - 10. Stage 1: around 7 minutes after I took it, I was walking down the hallway, and realized I was breathing like I was running. Oh, right: GABA hits HARD! Oh yes indeed. It subsided after 5 minutes or so. Definitely something to be aware of, if you've never experienced it. Perfectly normal, however.

Stage 2 - the energy hit hard. 1.5 scoops is strong. It hit filly within 30 minutes or so; motivation was high, mood was great. Endurance in the gym was excellent.

Stage 3 - post-workout. I have been using RagNOrok 3 times a week for months, so my body is acclimated to the arginine/pump stuff. My pump was not what a first-time user should expect, as they'd need several days/workouts to gain full benefit. But yes, pump was enormous. Outrageous. I do this workout once a week or so, and never look this full. Impressive, if you want thick pumps.

This stuff is full of win. It's economical, effective, happy, and tasty. More to come later in the week!

2. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.53%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    This stuff is full of win!
    My thoughts as well
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%

I read your log, looks great! BTW, I'm still feeling full and pumped, 5 hours later.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

props to cl for choosing great guys to log this product.

i already knew wf is great, lol.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.51%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

great review. I am a huge WF fan, and I love fruit punch. this is a winner imo. Was not as big a fan of the raspberry, but this sounds great
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%

Thanks bigt and ae14!
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%

Bah, I was supposed to workout this morning, but got called into work early today. Dammit, I was psyched!
  8. PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

one heck of a review so far, keep this bad boy going. nice work
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

Quote Originally Posted by CONTROLLED LABS View Post
    one heck of a review so far, keep this bad boy going. nice work
    x2!
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%

Bah, I was supposed to workout this morning, but got called into work early today. Dammit, I was psyched!
    I drove 45 minutes to work, pulled up, and my clients assisstand said they wouldn't need me until 3pm. Uh, blow me. On second though, I could now get a workout in!

I had lots of coffee roasting to do, so I ate some food, roasted away, took 1 scoop WF at 0130, and hit the gym at 0230. I am doing the burpee challenge: 100 burpees a day for 100 days.

Burpees- 50, 30, 20 (3 days in, I'm doing wporse, not better, to be expected)
    Alternating bench and chest supported rows, 6 sets each
    Tri pushdowns- 3 sets

1 scoop WF in 12 oz cold water tastes great. I didn't have as empty a stomach, so the gaba didn't hit like last time. Energy was about perfect 30 minutes in, and I was mentally jacked 45 minutes after, as I hit the gym.

Pump- 100 burpees will slam your quads, abs, and erectors. The quad pump was ****ed, huge. I looked jacked when I left the gym.

Endurance- I didn't eat quite enough today, the switched up schedule threw me off. Despite that, endurance was very good.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%

Thanks for the props, bigt and CL!
  12. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

Thanks for the props, bigt and CL!
    do you say excuse me when you burpee-lol. glad you were able to get the workout in.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%

It's Monday morning, RAWR! I rolled out of bed, took 1.5 scoops, and enjoyed a massive gaba flush (no idea why it's called a flush, as it's more akin to having a panic attack while running from an axe murderer, or possible having a baby whew whew breathe, breathe). I was at the gym within 45 minutes of dosing, eating a banana along the way.

I ran 1 mile with no shoes, 1 mile with. I felt GREAT. I then did alternating decline bench and hammer strength low rows, 6 sets. I felt really explosive, and hit 20lbs heavier on each than I have in a while.

I got 40x135, 10x135 on DL, and wrapped up with 3 sets tri pushdowns.

Taste - great! A lovely way to wake up.

Effects - gaba kerpow! Funny how it always catches me off guard. Outside that, the workout was outstanding, I finished up in under a half hour, and felt really strong and coordinated. Excellent!
  14. Controlled Labs Representative
    Stats
    5'7"  154 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.82%

Thanks man, keep these reviews coming.
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%

No problem, I'm very much enjoying the new flavor! BTW, I wrapped up my day with 100 burpees just now. After the 40x135 on DL this morning, I was 'off'. I pulled out 50 burpees, then nearly collapsed, my legs are done. I had to do 2 more sets to finish the 100 up.

Next workout, WEDS!
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%

Just great. I left the house for work yesterday at 9am, and got home after 1am. And had to be back at work at 1030am. So no workout for me today. I woke up hard this morning, so I took a half scoop of WF first thing, then had 2 double espressos. The WF flavor was super refreshing, and had already KO'd the sleep within 20 minutes. I should get a workout in tomorrow.
  17. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

Just great. I left the house for work yesterday at 9am, and got home after 1am. And had to be back at work at 1030am. So no workout for me today. I woke up hard this morning, so I took a half scoop of WF first thing, then had 2 double espressos. The WF flavor was super refreshing, and had already KO'd the sleep within 20 minutes. I should get a workout in tomorrow.
    wf is great just for a pick me up when lack of sleep or energy has me run down. if i take it before work then have coffee at 2nd break it seems to bring me back to life.
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%

I fully agree, bigt. A lot of the effects come from the combination of ingredients, not just the caffeine. I have noticed that despite a whopping level of energy from 1.5 scoops, I get a mild caffeine withdrawl headache in the afternoon. This tells me that WF has less caffeine than my usual 2 double espressos, which is probably 100-150mg caffeine.
  19. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

I fully agree, bigt. A lot of the effects come from the combination of ingredients, not just the caffeine. I have noticed that despite a whopping level of energy from 1.5 scoops, I get a mild caffeine withdrawl headache in the afternoon. This tells me that WF has less caffeine than my usual 2 double espressos, which is probably 100-150mg caffeine.
    yup, much more than just caffeine. if i just drink coffee all night at work i get stimmed but also irritable and cranky.

btw- i have been hearing that the oil spill in the gulf is going to effect price of coffee-stock up.
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%

Great, the tsunami in asia a couple years ago hurt, too. Damn disasters.
  21. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

Great, the tsunami in asia a couple years ago hurt, too. Damn disasters.
    coffee prices are going to hurt me but i already have about 3 months worth in my cupboard. what's really going to get hit hard is the seafood industry. going tomorrow to stock tuna and salmon.
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%

I worked 40 hours between Monday and Weds, plus roasted coffee. I missed Weds workout, and yesterday I roasted coffee all day; I ate a bowl of cereal and a burrito, that's it. GAH! So this morning, I woke up, ate a massive bowl of some sugary cereal, took the kids to school, dropped my wife off to pick up her car, and somewhere in there took my White Flood.

An hour after the WF, I was at the gym. I ran barefoot for almost a mile, until the Bally's moron came over to confront the criminal. So I finished off with shoes, 2 miles. I bought an ABB Rapid Recovery protein/carb drink for calories.

Alternating decline bench and tbar rows, went heavy, no rest. I was sweating bullets, looked huge. A few guys I know were just shaking their heads, I was moving back and forth really fast, and lifted well.

I went to do my daily 100 burpees, and nearly launched into my face, rubber arms.

I finished off with overhead dumbell tri press, 3 x 10 x 60, and EX bar curls.

Flavor - I know, I know, some of you don't care. We're not form over function guys, we want results. But if you can have both form and function, results packaged up nice and tidy in a tasty little package, well...how awesome is that?

Effects - no Gaba hit, I had food in me. But the effects, oh my! I've slept 5 hours a night for most of the week, worked something like 70+ hours, I ate virtually nothing yesterday, and I was a raging ****ing bull today. Universal may have the patent on Animal, but screw them, I was Animal today. :flex:
  23. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

sounds like you have your energy level back up again, lol.
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%

I'm very pleased with myself, yes. I forgot to add, I did tabata squats, too: 20sec bodyweight squats as fast as possible, ass to heels, 10 secods rest, for 4 minutes. Animal!
  25. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

I'm very pleased with myself, yes. I forgot to add, I did tabata squats, too: 20sec bodyweight squats as fast as possible, ass to heels, 10 secods rest, for 4 minutes. Animal!
    lol, good stuff!
  26. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%

My quads are fried. You should try the tabata's, they build big quads, and stimulate cardio improvement and fat burning like nothing else. They will also make you more sore than anything else. Dr tabata was a sick ****.
  27. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

My quads are fried. You should try the tabata's, they build big quads, and stimulate cardio improvement and fat burning like nothing else. They will also make you more sore than anything else. Dr tabata was a sick ****.
    i read about resolve doing low weight-high volume reps on squats and have been doing that-i agree sore as hell. i used 150 pounds and went till exhaustion-was sore as hell next day.
  28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%

Few things in life live up to their hype (wrinkle-free pants and for instance). But the Tabata Protocol--which sounds like it could be a tantric sex act or a secret martial art--deserves its reputation. It's a simple cardiovascular-training routine that's been proven to improve performance and fitness in a very short time--14 minutes to be exact, including a five-minute warm-up and a five-minute cool-down. Sound too good to be true? It's not, and if you give it a go, you'll quickly find out why.
    More Articles of Interest

* Four minutes from hell: Tabata training blasts fat fast
    * Bare facts: beautiful women expose themselves—and their feelings about us
    * ABS in depth: use this six-part series by Australian strength coach Ian King...
    * Bad to good: you need 30 grams of fiber a day. Here's where you'll find...
    * Easy dough: strapped for cash? Just sell yourself!

The Tabata Protocol--named after Izumi Tabata, Ph.D., a former researcher at Japan's National Institute of Fitness and Sports in Kanoya--is an interval routine developed by the head coach of the Japanese speed-skating team. (It's called a protocol because Tabata and his team took the speed-skating coach's workout and studied it to quantify just how effective it really was.) The workout consists of six to seven 20-second full-speed sprints interspersed with rest periods of 10 seconds.

In Tabata's study, the researchers found that guys who used the routine five days a week for six weeks improved their maximum aerobic capacity (a measure of your body's ability to consume oxygen--the more oxygen you can take in, the longer and harder you'll be able to run) by 14%. What's more, it also improved anaerobic capacity (which measures your speed endurance, or the duration you're able to sprint at full effort) by 28%. So the Tabata Protocol is the rare workout that benefits both endurance athletes and sprinters--hard to accomplish. Consider: A study of traditional aerobic training--running at 70% of aerobic capacity for 60 minutes--for the same number of weeks showed an improvement in aerobic capacity of 9.5% and no effect on anaerobic capacity.

The key to the Tabata Protocol's effectiveness appears to be the short rest intervals between sprints. Conventional interval-training guidelines suggest keeping a 1:3 work-rest ratio. That is, your rest periods should last three times as long as the duration of your sprints. But the Tabata Protocol's work-rest ratio is 2:1, which means your rest periods are only half as long as the time you're working. And according to another Tabata study, that formula isn't just more effective than traditional aerobic training, it's also more effective than typical interval training. In that other study, Tabata and his colleagues compared their original protocol to a second configuration of intervals that consisted of 30-second sprints interspersed with two-minute rest periods. Despite the fact that this required subjects to sprint for more time at a higher intensity, the original Tabata Protocol still proved more effective at boosting both aerobic and anaerobic capacity.

QUICK RESULTS

On paper, the Tabata Protocol offers a quick way to get fit in just four minutes of high-intensity work per session. But don't be misled: This regimen is grueling. It was originally developed for Olympic-caliber athletes, and Dr. Tabata reported that they were wiped out by the routine. It's worth mentioning that when testing the protocol--described as 6-7 sets--most of the subjects were exhausted after the sixth set of sprints and couldn't complete the seventh. So this style of training isn't for a beginner and should only be considered by someone who has a solid fitness base. That includes most Men's Fitness readers, but if you're just starting to work out or you're out of shape, start easy, rest three to four times as long as your sprint duration, and see "Assess Your Risk" on page 143.

TAKE THE TABATA TEST

If you think you've got what it takes, here's the drill. First, do a five-minute warm-up by running, cycling, or jumping rope for five minutes at about 40% of your full effort. For the intervals, work on a track, treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical trainer, or a heavy gym bag, and alternate 20 seconds of activity at full effort with 10-second rest periods. Each sprint-rest combo counts as one interval. After the intense section, do a five-minute cool-down in the same way you warmed up. Try to do four intervals at first, then gradually work your way up to six. Repeat the workout three to four days a week.

Assess Your Risk

Get a physical exam before trying this workout if you re over 40 or have two or more of the following risk factors: a family history of heart disease, you re a smoker, you re sedentary, you re overweight, or you have high cholesterol or high blood pressure.

Alex Koch, Ph.D., is an assistant professor of exercise science at Truman State University in Kirksville, Missouri.
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%

Juso tonight, first time in 2 months!
  30. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

Juso tonight, first time in 2 months!
    slacker, lol.
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%

My job is all evenings, cuts out every single class. It's killing me, I was up for a belt upgrade, black would be the next level, but I missed it.
  32. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

My job is all evenings, cuts out every single class. It's killing me, I was up for a belt upgrade, black would be the next level, but I missed it.
    how long before you get another go at it?
  33. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%

Whenever I'm ready, it's not at all time related. But seeing as I'm not training at all, I'm losing progress. It'll be a while to get back up to where I was, and that's if I was back regularly. This job is all I got, and it's not gonna change soon, this week just worked out to give me 2 judo nights off.

I may switch to BJJ soon. I can't afford it, it's $150+ per month, but I had a gift card to Sax 5th Ave, an xmas present from a client. I tried to sell it, and couldn't, so I bought a Swiss Army watch for $475, and I'm trying to sell it for $300. If I can, I'll try to work a deal with the BJJ place, get a couple months of morning classes out of it.

Gah! I won't give up! I made huge progress in judo, nearly 3rd degree brown in 2 years. I love it, I can't stop.
  34. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

Whenever I'm ready, it's not at all time related. But seeing as I'm not training at all, I'm losing progress. It'll be a while to get back up to where I was, and that's if I was back regularly. This job is all I got, and it's not gonna change soon, this week just worked out to give me 2 judo nights off.

I may switch to BJJ soon. I can't afford it, it's $150+ per month, but I had a gift card to Sax 5th Ave, an xmas present from a client. I tried to sell it, and couldn't, so I bought a Swiss Army watch for $475, and I'm trying to sell it for $300. If I can, I'll try to work a deal with the BJJ place, get a couple months of morning classes out of it.

Gah! I won't give up! I made huge progress in judo, nearly 3rd degree brown in 2 years. I love it, I can't stop.
    i get the feeling that you will make it happen-good luck.
  35. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%

Judo was awesome last night. I took 1 scoop WF around 6pm, hit the gyn at 6:20-6:40, did bench and rows, got to judo by 6:45 and caught up with friends, and class was 7-9pm. I expected it to be worse than it was, given 2 months off, but the short intense workouts with lots of DL, burpees, tabatas, alternating rows and bench, etc, are apparently a good way to keep up overall judo fitness.

I was extremely tired yesterday afternoon, but the WF perked me right up, and endurance was great all through class, though I didn't feel as 'springy' as before I stopped going. I feel kind of heavy, though that's to be expected, as I've put on weight (a bit of fat, too).

I got home, ate, watched an episode from season II of Breaking Bad, and was in bed by 11:30. I had no trouble sleeping whatsoever, so 1 scoop was a good call.

Thanks, bigt.

And a pic for your pleasure:

36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%

Judo tonight, I'll post tomorrow. Here's a pic, the blonde girl, ronda, took the first US womens medal in judo in 2008. She trains at my dojo, when she's in town. And kicks my ass. The pic is from a couple days ago.

37. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%

I took a heaping scoop WF at 6pm, was in the gym by 6:30, did alternating pullups/dips (5/7) without rest to failure, then went to judo. Warmup was easy, it was a different sensei, then we went straight into class.

We practiced different forms of osoto gari:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loUJH_JgkhY&feature=re lated"]YouTube- Judo: Isao Okano O Soto Gari[/nomedia]

It's not 'my' throw at all, I'm not comfortable with it, and it hurts my right shoulder/rotator. I can do a modified osoto when backing up, which most people don't do. Anyway, class was great. I worked hard, I fought hard, I threw some black belts, which surprised me given my 2 months off. Apparently it's sunk in a bit.

Effects: Despite having eaten a large burrito around 5pm, the WF hit pretty hard. Endurance in my pullup/dip routine was stupid good, and I had no fatigue issues in judo whatsoever, outlasting my opponents easily. The nootropic effects are worth gold, it's just easier to pick up new ideas, and translate them to physical motion. Superb!
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

In........
  39. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.58%

Hey, celc5, thanks!

I got my fingers crossed that I don't have an early start for work tomorrow. If I can squeeze a workout in, it'll be run/DL/bench/rows. Can't wait!

BTW, I know my workouts are somewhat untraditional. This weeks judo classes, after 2 months of not attending, validated what I do really well. I felt remarkably good, and wasn't gasping like a fish out of water, so the high intensity/supersets/high rep stuff is working. Keeping my strength, too. I do need to work my abs more.
  40. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

i can hear my old bones snap, crackle and popping just looking at those pics, lol.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Getting Crazy with Furious Fruit Punch White Flood
    By HereToStudy in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 03:04 AM
  2. Review: Furious FRUIT PUNCH - White FLOOD
    By RenegadeRows in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 02:40 PM
  3. White FLOOD - Furious Fruit Punch REVIEW
    By RenegadeRows in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 08:07 PM
  4. Furious Fruit Punch White Flood on Nutraplanet $15.99!
    By CONTROLLED LABS in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 02:51 PM
  5. Furious Fruit Punch White Flood on Nutraplanet $15.99!
    By CONTROLLED LABS in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 03:28 PM