Mongo's recomp phase2 with Testopro(sponsored)

M

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
First I want to thank Pembroke and AI for the chance to run Testopro.

Supplements are going to be
Testopro—as directed (might bump up dosage later in the run if I feel I need it)
Multi vitamin
Creatine mono
Fish oil

Training split is:
Monday-chest
Tuesday-Legs
Wednesday-Back
Thursday-shoulders
Friday-arms

The tempo for most exercises will be 2-1-X
All exercises have a max of 1 min rest. Low of 45 sec rest.

My weight is 244 15% BF
My diet is going to be 3000-3500 cals
360-400g protein
100-120g carbs
100+ fats trying to stay with good fats

Most carbs come from veggies. Pre-workout I have 1 serving plain oatmeal and post workout I have a piece of fruit or a Quaker oatmeal bar. I will throw in some peanuts and/or sunflower seeds.

Cheat meal/day is on Saturday.

I will post my workouts and my impression each day. Week two will be mid review and then a final review will be after I finish. I’m hoping to keep my strength up if not stronger. Keep LBM the same/add a little if possible and decrease body fat. I’m hoping after this month to be around 10-12%.

I will be starting the Testopro tomorrow, 4/24. I will be posting pics pre and post. If anyone knows a way to shrink the pics without manually doing it on the computer it would be helpful. If not Ill shrink them later tonight after I take them and post them up.

Naberious

Naberious

Awards
In for what I'll be doing as soon as mine gets here!

M

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
thanks all for coming along... I forgot to add I will be doing either LISS or HITT training 3-5 days as well

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Oh yea bring it on!

Good luck man!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
subbed!

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
the fuggin beast is back! Good to see ya!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interested in how testopro works for you. Always has worked for myself very well and seems to be working for me right now.

wow 100 carbs is low. I did the whole keto/low carb thing last year and I hate it. Does not work for myself. However, for some it does work.

is this your first time doing low carb?

props on the high protein

M

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
Interested in how testopro works for you. Always has worked for myself very well and seems to be working for me right now.

wow 100 carbs is low. I did the whole keto/low carb thing last year and I hate it. Does not work for myself. However, for some it does work.

is this your first time doing low carb?

props on the high protein
no not the first time. I find for cutting this is the best for me. I am very much an endo. I can look at carbs and get fat.

M

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
popped my first two testopro today pre fasted cardio. I forgot to add on fasted cardio days I throw in some BCAA's, which I did this morning. Im visiting the bro-in-law this weekend and my daughter decided to wake up at 545 am. So I was dragging a little but overall I feel good.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
strong back!

shrinkpictures dot com is what i use to reduct images-

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In on this since I'm going to be logging TestoPro as well.

E

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
I'm in here, yo! Along for the ride! Great pics...by the way, what is LISS training? Help an ignorant bruva out....LOL! :thinking:

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in here, yo! Along for the ride! Great pics...by the way, what is LISS training? Help an ignorant bruva out....LOL! :thinking:
In terms of LISS, the effects come about from different means. LISS revolves around the body’s multiple mechanisms for creating energy. The body will use the highest percentage of fat for energy while at complete rest. The body will use the lowest percentage of fat for energy while at complete work.

LISS attempts to maximize fat loss during the actual workout by avoiding a complete work environment. When performing LISS, you will peform enough work to bring your heart rate to 60-70% of your max heart rate. This keeps things simple and attempts to burn a fair percentage of fat for energy to perform the workout.

LISS is straight forward. Perform work, but perform it in a manner that is low intensity in order to keep fat burning at play.
LISS is also less demanding on the nervous system, allowing you to perform it frequently without mental burnout, which can be detrimental to your resistance training workouts.

E

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
In terms of LISS, the effects come about from different means. LISS revolves around the body’s multiple mechanisms for creating energy. The body will use the highest percentage of fat for energy while at complete rest. The body will use the lowest percentage of fat for energy while at complete work.

LISS attempts to maximize fat loss during the actual workout by avoiding a complete work environment. When performing LISS, you will peform enough work to bring your heart rate to 60-70% of your max heart rate. This keeps things simple and attempts to burn a fair percentage of fat for energy to perform the workout.

LISS is straight forward. Perform work, but perform it in a manner that is low intensity in order to keep fat burning at play.
LISS is also less demanding on the nervous system, allowing you to perform it frequently without mental burnout, which can be detrimental to your resistance training workouts.
Maybe I'm just a dumbass, and if that's the case I apologize, but an example of this would be...? Sorry to be a pain, but I'm really curious. Thank you.

M

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
its good right after you lift or fasted in the morning from what I understand about it. I like doing HITT more but LISS has its place too. Tomorrow is my first lift with this and I cant wait. I ready to throw some weights around.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking forward to it.:)
Well, it's gonna have to wait about a week or so. Still haven't actually received it yet, but more than that I had to fly out of town today for military training. Should be waiting for me when I get back and I'll just think of it has a present for getting pulled away from home on such short notice..lol

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Huh, learn something new everyday. Know the concept, just never the acronym/name for it. Especially since I'm very familiar and a huge fan of HIIT.

M

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
quick update on the libido side...last night the wife said that was the "hardest" ive been in a month. There is a thumbs up already!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
quick update on the libido side...last night the wife said that was the "hardest" ive been in a month. There is a thumbs up already!
Now that is great. Curious what was your response to that LOL.:)

M

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
today was chest day and it went well. I was supposed to have a spotter but he didn't show up so I went with heavy smith incline instead of heavy BB incline. workout went like:

Tempo 2-1-X
Smith incline-100lbs each side-12,7,6,5 1 min rest
DB bench-80-12,10,8,6 1 min rest
Decline BB-205-12,12,8,7 1 min rest last set was absolute fail
machine flat-110-12,12 1 min rest
machine flat drop set-110-7 80-5 60-4 Chest was really pumped after this
incline DB fly-40-12,10,8,6 45 sec rest

The machine bench crushed me. I go really deep with these and flex for a good 2 sec at the top. I could not believe the pump i had heading into incline fly's. I dont know if this is the supplement or the change in the routine. I will keep an eye on this to be sure. I had good energy and focus the whole lift. Didn't let my buddy not coming slow me down. I think on my second set of smith incline I went a little slow on the negative phase. prior to this week I was doing a 3-4 sec neg and I think I slipped back into that on that set. I got to get used to the quicker pace again. Also this might be the first week I have done incline first. So it was a little different but I really liked it.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
today was chest day and it went well. I was supposed to have a spotter but he didn't show up so I went with heavy smith incline instead of heavy BB incline. workout went like:

Tempo 2-1-X
Smith incline-100lbs each side-12,7,6,5 1 min rest
DB bench-80-12,10,8,6 1 min rest
Decline BB-205-12,12,8,7 1 min rest last set was absolute fail
machine flat-110-12,12 1 min rest
machine flat drop set-110-7 80-5 60-4 Chest was really pumped after this
incline DB fly-40-12,10,8,6 45 sec rest

The machine bench crushed me. I go really deep with these and flex for a good 2 sec at the top. I could not believe the pump i had heading into incline fly's. I dont know if this is the supplement or the change in the routine. I will keep an eye on this to be sure. I had good energy and focus the whole lift. Didn't let my buddy not coming slow me down. I think on my second set of smith incline I went a little slow on the negative phase. prior to this week I was doing a 3-4 sec neg and I think I slipped back into that on that set. I got to get used to the quicker pace again. Also this might be the first week I have done incline first. So it was a little different but I really liked it.
Great workout bro.

M

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
Great workout bro.
thanks. got a question for you. My buddy is on Testopro as well and he is saying he is having terrible back pumps. he is on a 5x5 program. Has anyone else reported this or is this him? I dont have them but he has been on it 2 weeks now.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks. got a question for you. My buddy is on Testopro as well and he is saying he is having terrible back pumps. he is on a 5x5 program. Has anyone else reported this or is this him? I dont have them but he has been on it 2 weeks now.
I have not heard of that. My first question would be is he taking anything else and if so what? What is his water intake daily?

M

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
I have not heard of that. My first question would be is he taking anything else and if so what? What is his water intake daily?
Im sure his water intake is not anywhere close to where it should be. other supplements im not 100% sure. I think he is on a pct right now and he is using the testopro with it. I had told him I did not believe it was the testopro but I thought I would ask for him.

E

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
M

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
Hey pembroke I had some time to call my buddy last night and found out he was doing a couple new things. He wasn't wearing a belt with his squats and he was going A2G. plus I asked him how much water he was taking in and he said I dont know not enough. I told him those need to be corrected before he could determine where the pumps were coming from.

Its leg day today and I will be hitting my workout around 1130 or 12 today.

M

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
Today was leg day and I felt great. I started the workout with a 10 min LISS for warm up on a bike. Then jumped into the workout

Squats-385-12,10,10,8 1 min rest
Leg Press- 300-15 458-12,10,10 1 min rest
DB lunges-40-10,10,8 1 min rest
Lying Hammy curl--60--12,12,10,8 1 min rest squeezed at top great pump
Good Mornings--65--3x15 45 sec rest used as good stretch
Seated Calve Machine-140-12,12,10 1 min rest flexed at top

finished with 15 min LISS on elliptical.

After squats I had to sit for a sec because I was wrecked. from the last time I did squats the numbers were up. The focus is great. I feel like my skin is a little more oily that normal. I naturally have oily skin and I felt like it was worse than normal last night. sleep has been fine. I think I need to drink more water. Calves started to cramp a little on calve raises. Ive been drinking at least 1 gallon but I think I need to bump it up to 2 gallons.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was leg day and I felt great. I started the workout with a 10 min LISS for warm up on a bike. Then jumped into the workout

Squats-385-12,10,10,8 1 min rest
Leg Press- 300-15 458-12,10,10 1 min rest
DB lunges-40-10,10,8 1 min rest
Lying Hammy curl--60--12,12,10,8 1 min rest squeezed at top great pump
Good Mornings--65--3x15 45 sec rest used as good stretch
Seated Calve Machine-140-12,12,10 1 min rest flexed at top

finished with 15 min LISS on elliptical.

After squats I had to sit for a sec because I was wrecked. from the last time I did squats the numbers were up. The focus is great. I feel like my skin is a little more oily that normal. I naturally have oily skin and I felt like it was worse than normal last night. sleep has been fine. I think I need to drink more water. Calves started to cramp a little on calve raises. Ive been drinking at least 1 gallon but I think I need to bump it up to 2 gallons.
Nice workout let us know how your friend makes out.

M

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
today was back(my favorite). Another positive day. Felt great and had a huge pump. Intensity and focus were both high again. Its like a switch when I walk into my gym/my garage...workout went like:

Pull ups-12,12,12,8,7 1 min
rest grip slightly outside shoulder width. really tried to focus on pulling with my lats and squeezing
Reverse Grip T-bar-145-12,12,10,8 1 min rest
again really tried to get the squeeze at the top
Reverse Grip Lat Pull Down(shoulder width)-120-4x12 1 min
a little light but 1st time doing these. tried to use as little bicep as possible. going up next week
DB Row-pulled to hip-80-12,12,12,10 both sides 1 min rest
Behind Head Lat Pull Down-hammer grip-100-3x12 120-12 1 min
focused on squeezing the lats but still a little light going up to 130 next week
Deadlift-335-2x10 1 min rest
rested on ground after each rep

Im feeling really good on testopro. I have noticed my skin is a little more oily than normal. Its nothing major but I can tell and so can my wife. On this lift my main goal was focusing on really squeezing my lats. Since I lift in my garage and my lat pull down maxes out at 210 I find ways to use less weight and still get a good pump. I definitely succeeded in getting a great pump. My lats felt huge. I used the pull ups as a warm up/working set. I did them controlled making sure I got a good stretch and squeezing. Then the deads finished me off. I felt really strong today.

M

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
forgot to add I also hit a plank workout this morning...I do this every wed and then abs on sat

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
today was back(my favorite). Another positive day. Felt great and had a huge pump. Intensity and focus were both high again. Its like a switch when I walk into my gym/my garage...workout went like:

Pull ups-12,12,12,8,7 1 min
rest grip slightly outside shoulder width. really tried to focus on pulling with my lats and squeezing
Reverse Grip T-bar-145-12,12,10,8 1 min rest
again really tried to get the squeeze at the top
Reverse Grip Lat Pull Down(shoulder width)-120-4x12 1 min
a little light but 1st time doing these. tried to use as little bicep as possible. going up next week
DB Row-pulled to hip-80-12,12,12,10 both sides 1 min rest
Behind Head Lat Pull Down-hammer grip-100-3x12 120-12 1 min
focused on squeezing the lats but still a little light going up to 130 next week
Deadlift-335-2x10 1 min rest
rested on ground after each rep

Im feeling really good on testopro. I have noticed my skin is a little more oily than normal. Its nothing major but I can tell and so can my wife. On this lift my main goal was focusing on really squeezing my lats. Since I lift in my garage and my lat pull down maxes out at 210 I find ways to use less weight and still get a good pump. I definitely succeeded in getting a great pump. My lats felt huge. I used the pull ups as a warm up/working set. I did them controlled making sure I got a good stretch and squeezing. Then the deads finished me off. I felt really strong today.
Nice workout and glad it is helping.:)

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For anybody out there just reading through this (like me :D) LISS is low intensity steady state [cardio].

Mongo, what is a plank workout? I've never heard this term before.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For anybody out there just reading through this (like me :D) LISS is low intensity steady state [cardio].

Mongo, what is a plank workout? I've never heard this term before.
I was assuming planks as in like side planks/bridges. Maybe I dunno though.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't know what those were either, lol...thanks :D

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't know what those were either, lol...thanks :D
Haha, yeah they are those pilates type exercises that really make you sweat. I mean some things look so simple, but really aren't. They are not going to kill ya, but try 1 minute in that position and tell me you don't feel it..lol I like adding them at the end of a workout.