It's All in the Mix. HereToStudy's Reviews of NutraPro

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I had the excitement of coming home to a gift today!

For those that missed it, in a thread where we were allowed to vote for new flavors of NutraPro, NutraPlanet offered the voters the chance to sample some of the new flavors. After a long anticipated wait, they arrived in the mail today.

After having read many of the reviews on the initial flavors, I am very excited to give it a try. I typically always complain with my protein powders. They are good, but generally mix like ****, and provide a flavor that at times is pleasurable, but mostly bland. Even though I have received these for free, and am very grateful, I will evaluate the NutraPro as if it was a protein I had purchased.

I plan to summarize my review of each flavor by stating my thoughts on:
Mix-ability
Flavor
Consistency
After Effect

The after effect is because some proteins hit my stomach hard within a couple of minutes of drinking. I am off to the gym, but will have my first one when I get back.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Round One: Peanut Butter!

Throughout this review thread I will include pictures of the protein mixed, however for this first one I will show before and after mixing. Reason for this is to show you that It was actually mixed with a spoon, stirred by hand.

Before Mixing:

All Stirred Up:

The reason that I decided to specifically mix it by hand is because of the earlier reviews claiming amazing mixability. Not that I ever doubted Nutra to make a great product, but I ****ing hate mixing protein by hand, and don't believe it can be done without leaving a clumpy mess. Either way, I can only know for sure by trying it. Well As you see, it was mixed by hand and the results actually left me stunned.

Now Granted, there was some residue left in the glass after drinking that indicates it wasnt fully dissolved, however, this may have been .0005% of the total protein. I was shocked at how well it mixed BY HAND.

Mixability: 10

Next up flavor. I Wasn't sure if I would like a strait peanut butter flavored protein (although chocolate pb sounds amazing). So I decided to try it. Especially because the one I am most unsure of, Orange, can be saved for later. Now the flavor didn't come out like I expected, but it still may be for the better. I expected a really strong peanut butter taste, almost assuming that it would have been overwhelming. It was actually quite opposite, it was a very light taste (which is what I prefer). If you like a strong bold flavor from your protein, this might not be for you. If you like a protein that has a really good flavor without being too strong, this is for you. I really enjoyed the flavor. I can't say it is my favorite flavor I have ever had, but it certainly was one of them.

Flavor: 8.5/10

Now to consistency. Plain and simple, I like my protein in milk. I understand many go for water, and I will too on any fruit flavored protein, however, if I think it can handle some delicious milk, then my bulking calls for it. Unfortunately, two problems occur out of this sometimes. Thick clumping, or overly thick drink, both of which I do not prefer. With the NutraPro, the consistency was slightly thicker then regular milk, with no clumping.

Consistency: 9.5/10

Now the last one doesn't really fit for everyone, it is really just me chiming in on my experience. I have had protein in the past that for whatever reason has hit my stomach and hit it hard. I have no allergies/lactose issues/or anything similar, so I have no idea what causes it. So After Effect will be ranked as either a yes or a no, and I had no ill effects from the PB, so....so far so good.

After Effect: None

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
subbed- nice review so far.

did nutra say when these flavors will be on the market?

lilnardey

lilnardey

Awards
  • Established
Nice, can't wait to hear what you think about the other favors.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
I'm very interested in teh Nutraplant mix haha lets see whats up

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Round Two: Orange

All Stirred Up:

Side Note: This picture does not do the color justice (DAMN IPHONE!!), this protein mixes to be very Orange, a definite plus for something that is fruit flavored (as opposed to a dull colored fruit drink - weird).

Since the orange is a fruit flavored protein, It was mixed with water as opposed to my usual milk. Mixability went just as smoothly as the Peanut Butter. I seriously am still in disbelief when I mix it. I was a doubter as well, but this stuff is the real deal in that regard.

This might be the only downfall to this whole sampling, at least for my prediction. Now don't get me wrong, it did not taste bad at all. It just really is not my kinda taste. I was very skeptical of a fruit flavored protein, and as per my tastes maybe for the right reason. I did not prefer this flavor, however, I can easily see how someone might. It basically tastes like an orange creamsicle. If you like them (I don't) then you will love this. As much as personally I did not like it, rating the flavor without taking into account personal preference, it was still decent.

Flavor: 7.0/10

Consistency was quite surprising. I assume that a protein mixed in water (remember I always do Milk) would significantly thicken the water. It really didn't. It blended very well, and created a pleasant consistency, especially for a fruit flavor.

Consistency: 10/10

...Additionally, no after effects on the stomach. For the rest of the review, this will be assumed unless specifically mentioned.

R

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Gotta love those pictures! Please mix the choco PB in milk. Thanks :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Round Three: Chocolate Peanut Butter

All Stirred Up:

Side Note: You may notice in the drink some black dots. This was not a result of not properly dissolving, because it blended as well as the others, so I believe this was just the color differentiation due to two flavors being presented.

This was once again, as previously mentioned, mixed with Milk. It mixed just as well as the others. This stuff really shines in mixability.

Wow. wow. WOW. This stuff tastes incredible. I still have two flavors left, but this might be the flavor I choose to order. It was incredible. Their is only one reason that I am not giving it a 10, and that is because I think it can use a little more chocolate. Even granted the favoring of PB taste over chocolate, this was fantastic. Definitely my favorite of the three I have tried thus far.

Flavor: 9.5/10

Similar consistency to what was mentioned with the PB. I made the comment earlier about the darker spots, but this was merely a visual thing as the drink was smooth with a very pleasant consistency. Reason for higher score then PB was I felt the flavor complemented the consistency a bit better then the PB alone.

If you are a chocolate/PB fan, you can not go wrong with this one. Great flavor and perfect mixability/consistency.

R

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
The choc PB looks delicious. Uhhhmm...yes, I'll definitely be buying that one. A good picture is worth 1000 words. :fing02:

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
excellent review HTS. Well thought out and well explained. I think Orange, like most fruit flavors could be hit or miss. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on cookie dough

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The choc PB looks delicious. Uhhhmm...yes, I'll definitely be buying that one. A good picture is worth 1000 words. :fing02:
It is simply fantastic.
excellent review HTS. Well thought out and well explained. I think Orange, like most fruit flavors could be hit or miss. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on cookie dough
Yea, it was good, just really not my thing. Cookie Dough tonight :D

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
Round Three: Chocolate Peanut Butter

All Stirred Up:

Side Note: You may notice in the drink some black dots. This

was not a result of not properly dissolving, because it blended as well as the others, so I believe this was just the color differentiation due to two flavors being presented.

This was once again, as previously mentioned, mixed with Milk. It mixed just as well as the others. This stuff really shines in mixability.

Wow. wow. WOW. This stuff tastes incredible. I still have two flavors left, but this might be the flavor I choose to order. It was incredible. Their is only one reason that I am not giving it a 10, and that is because I think it can use a little more
chocolate. Even granted the favoring of PB taste over
chocolate, this was fantastic. Definitely my favorite of the three
I have tried thus far.

Flavor: 9.5/10

Similar consistency to what was mentioned with the PB. I made the comment earlier about the darker spots, but this was merely a visual thing as the drink was smooth with a very pleasant consistency. Reason for higher score then PB was I felt the flavor complemented the consistency a bit better then the PB alone.

If you are a chocolate/PB fan, you can not go wrong with this one. Great flavor and perfect mixability/consistency.
nice exactly what I wanted to here now I just need to be able to buy some :)

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Round Four: Cookie Dough

All Stirred Up:

Once again mixed with milk, mixed just as well as the others.

This was another fantastic flavor. I believe it had the perfect balance of not to bold of a flavor but not to light of one either. I really enjoyed it. I truly think it would be hard to match the flavor of cookie dough 100%, I mean part of the pleasure of cookie dough is the egg, texture, etc. However, with that said this is as close to matching the flavor as I could imagine. I recommend this one strongly as well.

Flavor: 9/10

Again this had a perfect consistency, causing the milk to slightly thicken up to the sweet spot, without overdoing it, but keeping it light enough to make me happy. Again the consistency complemented the flavor very nicely.

[/QUOTE]

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Round Four: Cookies and Cream

All Stirred Up:

Note, you might notice that it is not fully mixed in the picture. I was in a rush and took the picture, then realized i didn't finish mixing it. Literally two more stirs and I was good to go, so don't let that dissuade you.

Once again mixed with milk, mixed just as well as the others.

I really want to say that the flavor of this was a 9. It again was a "not what I expected" type flavor, but a very good one at that. It is a bit more on the cream side in my opinion, but I think this just made it taste better. I really liked it, just cant see myself ordering it over the chocolate peanut butter. Maybe when i can afford to have two at one time Id have the decision of this or Cookie dough.

Flavor: 9/10

The consistency was perfect for the creamy type taste. Smooth in milk, just how I like it :D

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Overall Review:

I honestly have not had a protein I enjoyed as much as I did with the NutraPro. I need to order soon (running low on protein), and I don't think even an amazing sale can cause me to buy anything else. The mixability was solid, the flavors top notch, and caused no digestive issues as I have seen with some proteins.

I also would like to end the reviews by thanking NutraPlanet for the opp. to try this. You guys are great, and you have a new protein customer for life. Maybe we'll see a casein product soon. If you do make one, You always have a tester waiting :D

BTW, to those wondering, my order will be chocolate Peanut Butter, they were all good, but the Choc PB was definitly the start for me. Hope you all enjoyed the reviews, I promise trying this won't dissapoint.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
i gotta get some orange... i bet itll be awesome in some soy or almond milk :)

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i gotta get some orange... i bet itll be awesome in some soy or almond milk :)
Based on how much I loved them, they are my goto protein for whey. I am thinking of having this as my twice a day serving, and then an designer protein such as MAP, which features the predigested, as my after workout. Those are designed for water purely though, so for those Ill get my fruit flavor.

I really want them to come out with Chocolate Graham Cracker (NutraPro). That just sounds delicious, but I am in love with the Chocolate PB.

O

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Nutraplanet frosty chocolate shake is my new favorite protein. Just superlative in milk. A little less than 8oz/scoop is right in water for me, imo.