Maxin' Out w/ Primordial's Maximum Absorbed Protein (spons.)

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
PRIMORDIAL PERFORMANCE
MAXIMUM ABSORBED PROTEIN
LEMON LIME

Alright boys and girls! My Primordial Performance Maximum Absorbed Protein in Lemon Lime arrived today. With the abundance of quality products pouring out of PP lately I was really excited to be selected to give this one a run. I am currently in week 3 of a Superdrone run and will be going into PCT in a week and a half. I am really excited to see how this protein works with me in the last week of the run and throughout PCT. The ingredient profile is highly attractive and I am super excited to get away from those traditional "milk-based" flavors I am starting to hate. How much grainy chocolate milk can one man drink? Haha.

I will walk you guys through an initial taste review before hitting up some factors such as stamina, recovery, energy, etc. I think I am at the perfect time in my cycle to know what is the effects of Superdrone and what additions the Maximum Absorbed Protein make!

I believe I will be dosing 1 scoop pre-WO and 1 scoop post-WO with possibly an additional scoop on workout days. Any reps comment on if this is good.

Here it is shortly after the FedEx man knocked on my door.

Check out this thread for a breakdown of Primordial Performance's Maximum Absorbed Protein if you haven't heard anything yet....http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/146102-primordial-performance-presents.html#post2308751

After the initial taste review, I think I am going to cover the following aspects. Let me know if there are any you would like me to add.

Taste:
Mixability:
Recovery:
Stamina:
Added energy:

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Alright. This is going to be my first dose. Leg day and taking this as 1 scoop pre-WO. I will take another scoop post-WO.

Here it is in the jar.

Smells very sweet and very much like lemon lime. Very comparable to a pre-WO lemon lime drink. Has almost a "creamy" smell to it if you will, but very delicious.

Kind of foams up after you shake it.

Let it sit in the fridge for 15-20 minutes and this is what it comes out like. Only mild settling at the bottom which is great. A small shake and it is all mixed up again. Smells very similar as it did in the jar but with a mild bitter hint to it.

INITIAL TASTE REVIEW:

Basically, the thing tastes like lemon-lime. It very well mimics the flavor of a traditional citrus pre-WO drink, except you can definitely taste the bitter undertones of something. I almost felt as if I was drinking something with vodka in it, haha. It definitely wasn't bad for the ingredient profile and I have a feeling I will get used to it. Still way better than traditional protein.

TASTE: 6/10
MIXABILITY: 10/10
There was no grainy taste or any solid particles. Very nice.
ADDED ENERGY:6/10
I might have felt a little perk up before I deadlifted today. Not expecting this from a protein drink though.

On a special note, cleaning out my shaker has never been easier. I am not one to immediately wash something so a little rinse and I am ready for my next dose of MAP. A lot easier than cleaning old milk out of a shaker, haha.

We'll see what the future holds!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome! Enjoy!

-John

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
in brother cant wait to hear your thoughts on it.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
IN, haha, nice background in the pic..

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Just got home from a late night workout. Was busy earlier today and wasn't going to go until the weekend but got bored and our gym is open until midnight so I thought what the hell. It is scary some of these kids who go at midnight....I thought everyone in there was going to kill themselves.

I feel good today after blasting my legs yesterday. Usually I am really sore after deadlifting but surprisingly not so much today. Is this from one dose of protein? Doubtful....but it's a good sign.

This stuff definitely has a bite to it. I will try to experiment with different water levels and such to get a feel for what is best and let you guys know. I have heard the lemon lime does a slightly less job of covering up the ingredient profile in the flavoring. Not bad though if it works.

I think I am just going to comment on everything instead of giving it a 1-10 scale as this kind of thing is hard to quantify.

So recovery is very good today. Legs feel good with little DOMS.

Taste is okay so far. I usually take a swig of my Coke Zero or whatever I have laying around as a "chaser" of sorts. Immediately overrides any bitterness and the taste is good.

Can't wait for some future workouts. Final week of Superdrone coming up. Gains are great and no sides so far.

She says goodnight

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
No soreness today at all which is surprising. I haven't been able to put up 90s on the dumbbells for some time but gave it a go last night and success thanks in part to Superdrone. Thought I would be sore as hell today but nothing. Inturrressting. :)

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Another great workout today. Setting PRs all over the place. Bench day today. Felt really great all weekend after an intense leg day on Thursday and a late night session on Friday. Had some soreness Saturday morning but nothing too bad.

Recovery is great thus far. Feeling really good the next day after intense workouts. I am usually in the gym a long time and have been working on not overtraining -- but everything is going great.

I am really liking this protein and taking milk out of the equation. So much easier to throw some in water and go.

Use some more water today in mixing. Killed the "bite" at the end quite a bit. I would say it is about 20 oz. Maybe I was using too little water before. Let it sit about 20 minutes this time in the fridge after shaking. Little grainy at the bottom but once again mixes up fine after a quick shake. Didn't have to drink anything to follow up this time -- actually tastes pretty good. Very impressed.

I will try a tad more water next time and see if it kills the bite altogether.

:hitit:

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Really narrowing down the water amount to get the right taste. I have found that using about 20 to 22 oz of water and letting it sit 20-25 minutes in the fridge makes the "bite" at the end go completely away.

Rest day for me today but decided to have a scoop. Tasted a lot better than before.

I don't know if it is the protein or what, but my recovery has been awesome. I feel great the next day after every workout.

Can't wait to hit the gym again tomorrow.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
so letting it sit longer takes away the bite? i'll try that with my mango today. the DOMS decrease is fantastic isn't it?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just got home from a late night workout. Was busy earlier today and wasn't going to go until the weekend but got bored and our gym is open until midnight so I thought what the hell. It is scary some of these kids who go at midnight....I thought everyone in there was going to kill themselves.

I feel good today after blasting my legs yesterday. Usually I am really sore after deadlifting but surprisingly not so much today. Is this from one dose of protein? Doubtful....but it's a good sign.

This stuff definitely has a bite to it. I will try to experiment with different water levels and such to get a feel for what is best and let you guys know. I have heard the lemon lime does a slightly less job of covering up the ingredient profile in the flavoring. Not bad though if it works.

I think I am just going to comment on everything instead of giving it a 1-10 scale as this kind of thing is hard to quantify.

So recovery is very good today. Legs feel good with little DOMS.

Taste is okay so far. I usually take a swig of my Coke Zero or whatever I have laying around as a "chaser" of sorts. Immediately overrides any bitterness and the taste is good.

Can't wait for some future workouts. Final week of Superdrone coming up. Gains are great and no sides so far.

She says goodnight

Great job, Kevin. I like how you guys are all looking at different aspects of the product, as well as ways to make the taste better.

I think your pic here distracted pretty much everything after it for me though, haha. DAMN! :boobies:

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i got a bottle of the lemon lime and i love it, its great first thing in the morn and also after my workouts :)

UKStrength

Great feedback thus far mate ;) Loving the pictures too, keep them coming!! :D

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
so letting it sit longer takes away the bite? i'll try that with my mango today. the DOMS decrease is fantastic isn't it?
I think letting it sit a little longer helps. It could just be because it is getting so cold from sitting in the fridge though that is making it taste a little better. The DOMS decrease is actually really amazing. I am going to hit legs in a bit and usually I can barely walk the next day. Going ot be another test, but last leg day I felt fine the next day.

Great job, Kevin. I like how you guys are all looking at different aspects of the product, as well as ways to make the taste better.

I think your pic here distracted pretty much everything after it for me though, haha. DAMN! :boobies:
Haha thanks man. Trying to cover all aspects I can think of.

i got a bottle of the lemon lime and i love it, its great first thing in the morn and also after my workouts :)
Agreed. Way better and convenient than a traditional "protein shake". I absolutely love the ease of this product and can't believe something like this wasn't available sooner!

Great feedback thus far mate ;) Loving the pictures too, keep them coming!! :D
No problem bro! Glad you're enjoying the log. I'll try to throw some more pics up and possibly a vid soon.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Just tore up my leg work out. Setting a PR every time now.

I'll update tomorrow if I can walk or not, haha!!

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Alright, Primordial, spill the beans. What kind of crazy recovery juice is this stuff?

Zero DOMS in my legs after beating the **** out of them yesterday. Ridiculous. I have to run but I will throw a full update up later.

Going to enjoy this 70 degree Ohio weather!!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established

Zero DOMS in my legs after beating the **** out of them yesterday.
now you've got me wondering. my leg DOMS is reduced, drastically (not zero however), but i'm only taking the MAP on monday through friday. are you dosing it 7x per week, and if so, maybe i need to start doing that.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
now you've got me wondering. my leg DOMS is reduced, drastically (not zero however), but i'm only taking the MAP on monday through friday. are you dosing it 7x per week, and if so, maybe i need to start doing that.
Usually, yes. I am using one scoop though on non-WO days.

Sorry for the brief/lack of updates guys! It is finals week so I'll get some more in-depth ones up soon.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Usually, yes. I am using one scoop though on non-WO days.
so one scoop on non workout days, and how many scoops on workout days?

man, i've only been taking 1 scoop for my 5 workout sessions. no wonder i'm not getting quite the recovery results you guys are. still, its noticeably better recovery than i had without it.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
so one scoop on non workout days, and how many scoops on workout days?

man, i've only been taking 1 scoop for my 5 workout sessions. no wonder i'm not getting quite the recovery results you guys are. still, its noticeably better recovery than i had without it.
Workout days I am doing one scoop pre and post. Give it a whirl.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
I did 1 scoop before and 1 scoop after workouts only. The days in between I just used regular whey protein. Honestly if I had a 5 pound supply of this I would definately take 1 scoop morning and 1 scoop pre/post workout as well as 2 scoops on non workout days. I just figured with the amount in the tub that I should utilize it pre/post workout only.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
I did 1 scoop before and 1 scoop after workouts only. The days in between I just used regular whey protein. Honestly if I had a 5 pound supply of this I would definately take 1 scoop morning and 1 scoop pre/post workout as well as 2 scoops on non workout days. I just figured with the amount in the tub that I should utilize it pre/post workout only.
If I bought it again this is probably the route I would take. As a logger, I want to see what the stuff can do and tell you guys about it. That way, you'll know, to an extent, the max capabilities of the product and then you can take it and move around the dosages on your training style or needs. Coming off cycle, I figured I can use all the protein/recovery I can get when setting PRs every workout so I chose this dosing protocol.

I think on a normal workout routine I would do pre and post only as well, then use another protein product on off days just to get in the protein needed via your diet.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
First workout of PCT today. Skipped yesterday due to lack of sleep from studying for finals. Strength still there and feeling good, albeit a little groggy. I seem to be having trouble sleeping on Nolva, as seems to be a rare occurrence with it from researching.

Two doses of protein today. Really hit the chest hard so it'll be interesting to see how I feel tomorrow. Hope to keep gaining strength and hoping the MAP will help with that aspect! To be able to maintain a cycle-like recovery would be amazing.

Made a little video of the MAP but have to convert it and upload it. I'll post it up once it is done.

Word of advice...you still need to clean out your shaker even when milk isn't involved, haha! Forgot to wash mine out one night and my room stunk to high hell yesterday.

bulldogz

bulldogz

Awards
  • Established
You still on MAP my man or did you cut it short?

I'd like to see that vid too :D

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Hey all! So sorry for the delays and lack of updates. Tons coming. I was on spring break this week and away from the computer.

Still on MAP and will have a catch-up review up tomorrow!

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys. A long due update for the MAP indeed. I am getting down to the bottom of the tub but am really enjoying this stuff. Here is a breakdown of some of the more significant points I have noticed throughout beginning of PCT.

Taste: There is still that bitter element in the background, but it has never really been an issue. Using about 18-20 oz of water and letting it sit for about 20 min. in the fridge makes it very, very similar to any citrus pre-WO product in flavor. So much better than any milk-based protein product out right now in my opinion.

Convenience:Maybe I am just damn lazy, but I always did dread making up a chunky batch of protein in milk. It just never seemed appetizing pre or post workout. This is so simple and refreshing to prepare that I actually look forward to taking it.

Recovery: Now, I am not recovering the same as I was on SD, but there is still a significant amount of recovery there. I am hitting all workouts just as hard and I am often left with little ro zero soreness or DOMS. This has been awesome in this aspect. Honestly, I am not sure what ingredient to appoint it to but I am really enjoying this. It lets me hit every workout full on.

Strength: Strength is staying steady into PCT. This is great because in the past I have lost a lot of it even with a well-planned PCT. I attribute this a lot to the added recovery the MAP is providing, allowing me to get through any shut-down periods I may be having.

Overall, as far as protein goes I don't know what else to ask for honestly. I try to bring honest reviews and this is truly one of the best protein products I have tried on the market as far as taste, convenience, and its ability to work. If the price tag puts you off, you really need to at least try a tub and maybe use on just your workout days. Once you realize you are getting more than just protein towards your diet you will see where that added benefits might come from. I know I have used it pretty much every day and have see the maximum benefits, but even at a lower percentage they would still be substantial.

I am not even finished yet with this but I know this is something I will continue to use in my regimen.

Slacked off a little on Spring Break week as far as work outs. I went 2 out of my usual 4 days but will be hitting it hard this week in the gym. Got a fairly easy class schedule my final quarter which will allow me more time in the gym and quality workouts. Stay tuned!

BTW - I am still working on converting that video. Coming soon! :AR15firing:

UKStrength

Cheers for the review mate, concise and honest, all the things we need in a decent logger/reviewer ;) Glad you enjoyed the MAP!

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Cheers for the review mate, concise and honest, all the things we need in a decent logger/reviewer ;) Glad you enjoyed the MAP!
More to come bro! Not a final review yet.

Only sad part is I forgot to wash out the shaker I leave at school before leaving for Spring Break. I am fairly sure it is a goner. :( haha

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Decent workout today. Hit the tris and back as best as I could. Being the first week back from Spring Break everyone must have realized how out of shape they were so the gym was jam packed. Decided to stop waiting 15+ minutes for a machine or bench so just started doing random stuff.

Being the first workout back from a small break I will be surprised if I am not super sore tomorrow. This will be an interesting test. Dosed MAP before and after the workout.

Also starting to throw more cardio into my workout which I have traditionally, not ignored, but put on the back burner. Tried running post-WO in the sun today but as I ran yesterday, my shins could barely stand it. I don't know what is up with them, but I am guessing it is due to not "regularly" running outdoors. Felt like my bones were smashing together.

Will update tomorrow!

UKStrength

More to come bro! Not a final review yet.

Only sad part is I forgot to wash out the shaker I leave at school before leaving for Spring Break. I am fairly sure it is a goner. :( haha
Haha, jumped the gun there! ;)

So true, shakers smell so nasty when they've had protein in there. Try bleaching it mate, it'll kill whatever's in there, then put it through the dishwasher a few times.