Mega-dosing Your BCAA+EAAs

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Mega-dosing Your BCAA+EAAs

Been messing with my BCAA/EAA dosing for years now. Thought I’d fill you guys in on my findings. I have been playing with 3 different types of BCAAs: Xtend, Vassive EA8, and BC+EAA. I have used these on/off for quite some time now and have done a number of different dosing protocols (timing, amounts, etc). I have tried 10g/day up to 50g/day.

Here is what I noticed:

At 10g/day – My DOMS were less pronounced. Yes, I still had DOMS but 10g did make a difference here.

At 20-30g/day – DOMS were even MORE less pronounced. Fatigue was starting to really get blunted during my workouts. I had nice muscle fullness that lasted throughout the day. Was starting to cut more easily and continue to gain strength at a calorie deficit.

At 40g and beyond – Holy Recovery Batman!! I have ZERO DOMS. Fatigue during workouts is minimal. I am able to continually gain strength in decent increments while on a calorie deficit. I think this dosing is the best because the effects are definitely most pronounced. Needless to say, it is very anti-catabolic. Cuts come on fast when you are mega-dosing your BCAAs+EAAs.

This isn’t anything new. I am just giving some feedback because I don’t think mega-dosing BCAAs is underrated.

My top 3 favorite brands that I have used on a long term basis is:

• Scivation’s Xtend – this was my first BCAA drink. I stuck with it for about 2 years just out of taste and how it made me feel intra w/o but those ‘feelings’ are due largely to the citrulline malate. This is a great product but doesn’t have any EAAs in it. Taste started to loose it’s appeal. I give Xtend a 3/5.
    • ON’s Vassive EA8 – First thing is the taste. WOW! Delicious!! It has EAA’s in it as well. So I am plenty happy with it. Only downfall is the price. $30 per tub which can be pricey when mega dosing. I give this one 4/5.
    • LG’s BC+EAA – moved onto this next purely out of price. It is inexpensive and it has BCAA and EAA. Only thing left is the taste. This can depend a lot on the water to scoops ratio. I find it taste DELECIOUS when dosing 50g in a gallon of water. Not saying I need a lot to enjoy the taste. Just saying it taste awesome at this ratio. Having less scoops in less water is just as good too obviously. If you decide to use more water to scoops ratio it’s still good. Just not as intoxicating which isn’t our main concern here with our supplements. As long as I don’t gag after every sip, I’m happy. Another thing is has hydrolyzed peptides making for faster absorption. I give this one a 5/5 because it covers all bases.

Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

50g in a gallon of water?

Do you get the dreaded 'Branch Chain Breath' from drinking those all day? I know I used to.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Good point SB. Yes, it is acidic and does give you bad breath. I do brush my teeth 2 or 3x day because of this and I chew gum lol. Small price to pay
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    Good point SB. Yes, it is acidic and does give you bad breath. I do brush my teeth 2 or 3x day because of this and I chew gum lol. Small price to pay
    Indeed. Small price to pay to be a legend.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

good review met ive been loving LGs BC+EAAs i may try a mega dose one of these days.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.

good to hear this, as i have my BC=EAA, and xtends on their way, and just got my Muscle marinade today.
  7. Registered User

Good summary

I notice that I get away with only 14g of the BCAA-malates in Chain'd Out. I wonder if they really don't convert to sugar like the regular ones as per ALR claims. It would be a good experiment for you
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Great thread met i was just talking about mega dosing some bcaa's today. Hmmmm great minds think alike
  9. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

yes they do my friend. Have you seen the reformulation for LG's BCAA shiz? 8:1:1 bro ...and with bigger mouths and more servings
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

yes they do my friend. Have you seen the reformulation for LG's BCAA shiz? 8:1:1 bro ...and with bigger mouths and more servings
    oh shizzzel
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.

thanks for the feedback brother!
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Bilskirnir, my stronghold in my realm of Thrudheim

This is one area where I have done very little experimentation. Since I've seen Metroba and others talking about it in Snagency's thread, I've made up my mind to give this mega-dosing BCAA=EAA's a thorough trial.
    Especially if it helps with the DOMS. I've been training like a mad man and have wound up sore as all Hel lately.
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."
  13. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Right on man! Glad I help steer you in that direction! Interested in how it goes for a madman such as yourself!
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    This is one area where I have done very little experimentation. Since I've seen Metroba and others talking about it in Snagency's thread, I've made up my mind to give this mega-dosing BCAA=EAA's a thorough trial.
    Especially if it helps with the DOMS. I've been training like a mad man and have wound up sore as all Hel lately.
    It just makes perfect sense. It is what muscle is made from so why wouldn't it help recovery. I saw a log of a guy that ran pepto pro at very high doses and his gains were amazing. That log always got me thinking about it.
  15. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

P Pro was pretty sweet but pricey as fack!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

P Pro was pretty sweet but pricey as fack!
    Ya no sh**! Someone needs to get some bulk PeptoPro that tastes good and is reasonable along with some bulk GPLC...
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

It is pricey but you have to use half to 1/3 of what you would normally use. It is definitely high quality
  18. Registered User

What about the timing of the dosage? I'm thinking of dosing the same amount, but maybe split it up with ~10g up waking, ~20-30g intra/post workout, ~10g before bed. Have you noticed any difference with the timing of taking >40g?

Thanks for the post, good stuff.
  19. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Saku27 View Post
    What about the timing of the dosage? I'm thinking of dosing the same amount, but maybe split it up with ~10g up waking, ~20-30g intra/post workout, ~10g before bed. Have you noticed any difference with the timing of taking >40g?

Thanks for the post, good stuff.
    The way you have it is basically how i dose it. I find it best when dosing a majority intra workout.
  20. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by hman85 View Post
    It is pricey but you have to use half to 1/3 of what you would normally use. It is definitely high quality
    What makes you believe you need to use 1/2 to 1/3 the amount. It is instantized, making it more water soluble, that does not mean that you need less of it or more of others.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

I am starting more serious megadosing around my workout. I have been mixing in 24g EAA's in with 1/2 gallon sugar free drink mix and going through about 1.5 of those a day at work. I also had been taking in about 25 total, pre and intra workout. Now I am taking in 30 grams pwo, 25-30 grams intra and slamming the rest at the end of the workout, and will continue to mix the EAA's in my drink mix throughout the day. I am lowering my amount of meals to 4 maybe 5 on weight workout days if you count para-workout nutrition as a meal. Cool to hear they changed the ratio, I was ordering EAAs and a big thing of leucine and mixing them together. Smart thinking LG, and glad to know my mind was working at the same ideas as you brains over there in the lab.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

Met is this supplementary to your daily H20 intake? Or, do you count your mandatory H20 in this blend? Also, every day? Workout days? Etc? How many tubs do you go through a month?
  23. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    Met is this supplementary to your daily H20 intake? Or, do you count your mandatory H20 in this blend? Also, every day? Workout days? Etc? How many tubs do you go through a month?
    First of all, whatttttuppp?! Long time no see man . Yes this is included into my daily water intake. Right now I am using BC+EAA and there is 389g per tub. Right now I am dosing 30g/day, take a day off here and there. At 30g/day that last for 13 days. At NP, it is $13, so that's 1$ day. Really not a bad way to spend your money
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

Wassssssup bromang?

Any suggestions on a reliable container of water that holds a gallon? I've done the milk jug thing, but I like to clean them out and the narrow opening doesn't help. Lol.

I just did 30 grams yesterday after BJJ. I'm usually super dead the next day, but I can say that I do feel much better than usual.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

I've been megadosing for a while as well......

Pre-Workout:
    1 Pack Animal Nitro

Intra-Workout:
    1 Serving BCAA+EAA
    1 Serving BCAA Stack

Post-Workout:
    1 Pack Animal Nitro
    1 Serving EAA Nitro

Before Bed:
    2 Servings BCAA Stack
  26. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    Wassssssup bromang?

Any suggestions on a reliable container of water that holds a gallon? I've done the milk jug thing, but I like to clean them out and the narrow opening doesn't help. Lol.

I just did 30 grams yesterday after BJJ. I'm usually super dead the next day, but I can say that I do feel much better than usual.
    Excellent. Try and drink it throughout the day though. It's like being on an IV all day of amino acids . I use gallon jugs of water, and large protein shaker cups. If I use the cups, I just do a third or half the dose split up 2-3x/day.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    I've been megadosing for a while as well......

Pre-Workout:
    1 Pack Animal Nitro

Intra-Workout:
    1 Serving BCAA+EAA
    1 Serving BCAA Stack

Post-Workout:
    1 Pack Animal Nitro
    1 Serving EAA Nitro

Before Bed:
    2 Servings BCAA Stack
    right on man. How ya liken it?
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

right on man. How ya liken it?
    Pretty well. A couple of thoughts that always cross my mind on megaminos...

1) How much does the body actually put to use? I just think at some point the body is just going to piss out what you don't need. And if that is the case is it better to spread them throughout the day?

2) I feel like the benefits of aminos really show more on a cut than a bulk. I'm bulking now and i'm eating so much protein from food that I probably do not need all those extra aminos but I take them anyways.

But overall they definitely help....and it's a nice way to spice up my water. I will say though I still get DOMS. You're 55lbs lighter than myself so you can probably get away with taking less than I need to and see benefit. I probably need to add another 10-20g to see the effect your seeing.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

ive been megadosing my bulk since i read this, split up morning/mid day or workout/night and its been helping. i went to nutra and got 3 tubs of Bc +Eaa from LG. the kiwi one. i was imagining a weak flavor but i was really suprised. it didnt taste like BCAAs at all, it wasnt acidic like most others. very nice! as long as nutra keeps the deal on them i will be using this!
    CELTIC LABS REP
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.

I've always been interested in the idea of mega-dosing aminos,
    I might actually give it a good test to prove if it really does work.
  30. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    Pretty well. A couple of thoughts that always cross my mind on megaminos...

1) How much does the body actually put to use? I just think at some point the body is just going to piss out what you don't need. And if that is the case is it better to spread them throughout the day?
    I really think that is using all of it. Think of it this way: You are not taking a multi-vitamin. You are basically on an IV of food all without the calories. Imagine eating a lot of food, what happens to it? You either have just enough to maintain or you store some as muscle/fat. You don't piss/**** out most of it. I think it also helps that I drink it throughout the day as opposed to just a straight shot of 30-50g.
    2) I feel like the benefits of aminos really show more on a cut than a bulk. I'm bulking now and i'm eating so much protein from food that I probably do not need all those extra aminos but I take them anyways.
    Absolutely. I think it def helps during a bulk but I agree, it shines most during a cut. It is highly anti catabolic and only helps preserve that muscle during a cut.
    But overall they definitely help....and it's a nice way to spice up my water. I will say though I still get DOMS. You're 55lbs lighter than myself so you can probably get away with taking less than I need to and see benefit. I probably need to add another 10-20g to see the effect your seeing.
    Same as what I said above. It's like eating. You are bigger so you need to eat more to grow, in this case, you need more aminos to have an effect.
    see above
    Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    ive been megadosing my bulk since i read this, split up morning/mid day or workout/night and its been helping. i went to nutra and got 3 tubs of Bc +Eaa from LG. the kiwi one. i was imagining a weak flavor but i was really suprised. it didnt taste like BCAAs at all, it wasnt acidic like most others. very nice! as long as nutra keeps the deal on them i will be using this!
    Def a sweet deal going on right now. You'll be happy you didn't miss out on it. Really 1$ a day is just amazing. I'm glad you are digging it. Keep us posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrasslin116 View Post
    I've always been interested in the idea of mega-dosing aminos,
    I might actually give it a good test to prove if it really does work.
    Def worth a shot. More user feedback is always great. Give it a try and see how it works for you. What brand of aminos do you have on hand?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. EAAs and BCAA instead of Protein powder?
    By corsaking in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 02:48 PM
  2. Bulk/BCAA/EAAs: Timed Carb?
    By dnbaker in forum Bulking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2008, 02:21 PM
  3. mega dosing bcaa's/eaa's? purple wraath?
    By charger71 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 12:23 AM
  4. BCAA mega dosers
    By Alexander in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 02:15 PM
  5. Superdrol/BCAA mega-dosing
    By deftone in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 04:49 PM