ZINC and TEST

cloc

cloc

Awards
  • Established
so after reading a study about high dose zinc and free test i decided to increase my zinc intake to 60mg 2x daily one dose before bed and one upon waking. I must say i am very impressed my libido and erection quality have improved significantly within first 3 days and i am now getting acne on face and back much more than usual and waking with morning wood constantly i have now been taking for about a week i am very impressed(gf has also been impressed with erection quality to say the least) The only downsides so far is stomach pain and nausea shortly after dosing not always mostly when takin on less then full stomach. Overall i am kind of angry that i didn know this before spending so much on products to do similar things. Has anyone else tried this and if so what were your experiences?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't do this for extended periods of time. Too much zinc is a bad thing for your immune system.

magdielgte

magdielgte

Awards
good post bro.. i will def get my hands on some zinc!!!

Kraker

Kraker

Awards
  • Established
Here's a key point that I have found on Wiki:

"In proteins, Zn ions are often coordinated to the amino acid side chains of aspartic acid, glutamic acid, cysteine and histidine.[136] The theoretical and computational description of this zinc binding in proteins (as well as that of other transition metals) is difficult.[136]

There are 2–4 grams of zinc[137] distributed throughout the human body. Most zinc is in the brain, muscle, bones, kidney, and liver, with the highest concentrations in the prostate and parts of the eye.[138] Semen is particularly rich in zinc, which is a key factor in prostate gland function and reproductive organ growth."

I dont think it directly affects test levels though, but I've never really looked into Zinc a whole lot.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's a key point that I have found on Wiki:

"In proteins, Zn ions are often coordinated to the amino acid side chains of aspartic acid, glutamic acid, cysteine and histidine.[136] The theoretical and computational description of this zinc binding in proteins (as well as that of other transition metals) is difficult.[136]

There are 2–4 grams of zinc[137] distributed throughout the human body. Most zinc is in the brain, muscle, bones, kidney, and liver, with the highest concentrations in the prostate and parts of the eye.[138] Semen is particularly rich in zinc, which is a key factor in prostate gland function and reproductive organ growth."

I dont think it directly affects test levels though, but I've never really looked into Zinc a whole lot.

Zinc, Testosterone and Men's Health

Zinc is necessary to maintain normal serum testosterone. Inadequate zinc levels prevent the pituitary gland from releasing luteinizing and follicle stimulating hormones, which stimulate testosterone production.

Zinc also inhibits the aromatase enzyme that converts testosterone into excess estrogen. The testosterone to estrogen ratio in men declines with aging from a high of about 50:1 to half of that, or even a low of 10:1. Higher estrogen activity results in increasd risk of heart disease, weight gain, and obesity.

One reason for the progressive weight gain with age is that fat cells contain aromatase. More fat cells mean more estrogen which means more fat deposition.

This is further aggravated by alcohol consumption, which lowers zinc and increases estrogen, and so magnifies the problem.

In addition to the impact on hormone levels, zinc also has been proven to help the body produce healthier sperm by increasing sperm count and motility. A USDA study found that semen volume dropped 30 percent when zinc intake was low. Research published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that male volunteers who consumed low amounts of zinc exhibited decreased semen volumes and serum testosterone concentrations.

Zinc deficiency has been found to have a severe impact on the male prostate gland. Zinc deficiency predisposes the prostate to infection (prostatis) which may lead to enlargement of the prostate gland (prostatic hypertrophy).

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn't do this for extended periods of time. Too much zinc is a bad thing for your immune system.
THIS.

Do not go to high for to long on Zinc. I would only do 1 dose prebed.

Not only is zinc a heavy metal and can become toxic is utilized at higher levels for longer, but if you also consume that much throughout the day on top of a meat rich diet you will develop an imbalance of copper as well.

Robbo

Awards
I thought I had caused hypocupremia due to zinc in supplements, multivitamin, ZMA etc. On top of dietary intake I guess I was getting 80~100mg daily. Turns out my neutrophils are low without the zinc supplementation though.

I found a paper called "Zinc-Induced Copper Deficiency" on Google that presents three cases, it seems quite rare and the doses may have been higher.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought I had caused hypocupremia due to zinc in supplements, multivitamin, ZMA etc. On top of dietary intake I guess I was getting 80~100mg daily. Turns out my neutrophils are low without the zinc supplementation though.

I found a paper called "Zinc-Induced Copper Deficiency" on Google that presents three cases, it seems quite rare and the doses may have been higher.
The thing here is that Zinc doesn't readily clear the system when supraphysiological levels are present. Taking a higher dose coupled with a meat rich diet can cause a build up factor with the longer term being skewed and not the interim.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
I take copper every other day when I'm taking zinc. After a week or two taking just zinc the positive effects seem to subside, but when I add copper the positive effects don't subside.