Bio Goes APP-Nutty

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Reserving my spot for my run of beta herbal anabolic from Applied Nutracueticals. I don't know what it's called. I don't know what's in it. Dirk tells me nothing and I shut up and take his pills like a good guinea pig.

If all goes well, this log should start up on 1/4/2010...after I get over this f'ing head cold. Damn you rhinovirus! Damn you to heck!

Starting weight: 184

Other supplements used: p-5-p, zinc, Mg citrate, B complex, pomegranate extract, DIM, fish oil.

Overal Goal: Looking to recomp a bit. Leaning out while intensifying my strength training and cardio on maintenance to slightly above maintenance calories is the idea. If I add LBM while leaning out, then I will be super happy.

My New Year's resolution is to do more compound lifts and a lot more cardio this year.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Watching. Be interesting to see how males find this, knowing how I did.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
I know what it is :D

and I cannot wait to be able to tell of the results and cannot wait for dirk and don to post up the supporting info ;)

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
haha! yes, it's about time to watch this!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
sub a dub dubbed.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Curious

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
up up and away

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
bump ba bump bump bump

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Haven't officially started due to wicked sinus infection leftover from cold. Am feeling mostly better and will try to start this week. I want to give this a good run and give the product it's full due.

Did a mini cardio and lift session on Sunday and it was definitely too early to be back in the game. Blech.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Haven't officially started due to wicked sinus infection leftover from cold. Am feeling mostly better and will try to start this week. I want to give this a good run and give the product it's full due.

Did a mini cardio and lift session on Sunday and it was definitely too early to be back in the game. Blech.
my heart felt sympathy, i have had sinus infections last 3 years that cost me trips to emergency room. so far i have been blessed with good health this year. get well soon.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, sinuses are my Achilles Heal for sure.

Dosed 3 beta caps in the AM and 3 PM as directed.

I eased back into training last night with a 10 minute 4.3 mph warmup walk and then went on to deads.

Deads

135 x 15 warmup
185 x 12
225 x 8
225 x 4
185 x 5

Standing Military Press

135 x 7
110 x 5
110 x 5
110 x 5

Standing DB Curls

35 x 10
35 x 8
40 x 8

And that was it.

Strength: pretty poor but to be expected after a week and half of sickness.
Endurance: see above. Really got winded easily and slow to recover.
Pumps: fair which was surprising. Lower Back pump was pretty painful.

Not much else to note at this juncture. I'm hoping to recover and get my conditioning back asap, then go beyond with the Beta. We'll see. Lift numbers are all waaaay down for me and I expect to almost double them on the compound lifts within a few weeks.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hahaha, eased back into it-started with deads, lol. i like it.-good luck.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I suppose that's not quite easing per se, lol.

Day 2..off day. Forehead feels a bit oily. Back is good and sore. Not much else observed.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
All I will say...this is some potent sh*t. ;). Good luck B-man, I think you'll enjoy your run.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Subbed.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The interest is growing!!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

Chest/Tris and cardio combo.

30 minutes interval jog/fast walk on treadmill. Still feeling the effects of the virus a bit but everything went smoothly.

Hammerstrength Iso Lateral Chest Press

140 x 10
160 x 8
180 x 7

Felt weak, but that's from 2 weeks off and being sick. Normally push about 30 more pounds.

Hammerstength Iso-lateral Wide Press

160 x 12
180 x 10
200 x 6
200 x 5

Again, not feeling the love but this should get better next week IMO.

Tri Pushdowns

150 x 10
165 x 9
175 x 8
175 x 7

About 20 pounds less than normal.

Cable chest flies and DB raises...nothing too exciting here. Not much endurance.

Strength: Slowly returning, but not there yet. I'd expect by next week I'll be a lot closer to where I left off 3 weeks ago. A week and half of being sick and eating virtually nothing sure can make a dent in the strength/endurance department.

Pumps: I did get a pretty decent pump despite the lack of volume/intesity.

Other observations: had a bout or two of loose stools. Can't say for sure if it's the beta or some other factor.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid numbers Bio. I myself am so consistent with what goes into my body on a daily basis that whenever something different is introduced it takes a day or two of adjustment(loose deuce). Keep getting well.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Last night was cardio/abs. Did 60 minutes walk/jog/sprint routine which went very well. Endurance is already climbing up which is inspiring. I have a mediocre history with cardio (at the gym at least, I routinely climb mountains for a living) and am going to push it to a higher level this year.

Ab work went off without a hitch.

Feel fairly recovered. Slept well. No change in mood that I have noticed.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to see you are feeling better Bio. Climb mountains for a living?? I'm curious...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I'm a contract field biologist. At the moment, I am finishing out a contract as a NEPA planner, but I sense a crazy field season coming on so I need to boost my endurance.

Last night was what I would call a full body lite night.

Squats

135 x 12
185 x 10
235 x 8
235 x 4

Wide grip Lat Pulldowns

120 x 10
140 x 10
160 x 10

Dillet's Pulldowns

150 x 10
160 x 8
180 x 6

Concentration Curls

35 x 10
37.5 x 10
40 x 6

Hammer Curls

25 x 10
25 x 7
25 x 6

Done.

Strength is almost back to pre-holiday-sickness levels and endurance has increased a bit. My current routine is a bit of a departure for me and I am adjusting to the added cardio and full body routines, otherwise I normally throw up higher numbers for both weight and volume.

Pumps were great last night and today I am good and sore. During squats, I could feel a bit more endurance that the cardio has brought on...especially during squats which normally wind me.

By next week, I expect the beta to start showing it's mettle.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Bump me to the second page will ya?! Why I outta....

Wed night was pure cardio. Alternating fast walk and jogging for 40 and 20 minutes respectively. All went well, felt great.

Fri night...Return of the Deads.

Deads (with wrist wraps...wanted to concentrate on the pull and less on grip strength)

135 x 10 warmup
185 x 10
235 x 8
255 x 7
275 x 7
295 x 4
305 x 1..PR for standard deads though I have gone past 600 on both HammerStrength Deads and diamond bar neutral grip deads.

Standing Military Press

135 x 10
135 x 6
135 x 4

HammerStrength IsoLateral Wide Press

165 x 12
185 x 10
205 x 7
225 x 6

Tri Pushdowns

145 x 10
160 x 9
165 x 8

Cable Cross Chest Flies (4 second negatives)

20 x 12
25 x 10
27.5 9

Stretching and Fin!

Strength and endurance are up in all departments. Deads felt great though I suspect my shoulders were rounding out a bit on the heavier end. Pump..decent but nothing to write home about.

At this point I am at or slightly above where I left off before the holidays and sickness so I am pleased.

Body comp seems to be tilting towards the positive...fuller muscle bellies and ever so slightly leaner around my midsection. Vascularity is also up a bit.

Whatever anabolic compound is in this herb, it is subtle but noticeable. I'm staying very dry. Pre-existing gyno is totally dormant at the moment and showing no signs of aggravation. No acne. Not much oil on my face or head. Libido has been up and down, but nothing out of the ordinary.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just a side note but you ever notice how being in good shape on the treadmill doesn't always translate into good shape for other stuff-like climbing, and vise versa. many times in my life i have been in what i considered top shape, and when i take on a new activity for 1st time i loose endurance quickly????

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
For sure. Nothing really simulates hiking/climbing like hiking and climbing. It helps to build up a baseline of endurance, but its not an end all.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Ok, Sunday was a light cardio and arm day. Didn't want to go too crazy because we were due to get some major snow storms and boy, did we. The rest of this week has been devoted to shoveling snow off the roof and driveway...every single day.

I can say without a doubt the beta is helping me recover quickly. Virtually no soreness and though I am a bit tired, this intensity of shoveling would normally have me totally wiped out. About 3' of snow and more falling as we speak. May get up to 4-5' by Friday night.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
im going to take a guess and say that this beta is the reformulated version of the one?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any more updates, bud?

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yes, more updates. Lemme try posting this for the 3rd time. Oi.

Last week I managed to squeeze in 2 cardio and 2 lifting WO's. Nothing spectacular but strength and endurance continue to slowly climb. One highlight was that I was able to leg press 1000 pounds again which is typically my upper limit. My right knee buckled under load which tells me to work with lower weights and higher reps for awhile.

Pumps, energy, mood, focus and libido are all about the same as before the beta run. The real difference I am seeing is in the recomp department. Definition is getting better on all fronts and muscle bellies are dense and hard. Muscles are not bulged out like with some PH's so if there is increased glycogen transport/retention it is slow and steady.

Recovery is another noticeable aspect. I have been able to recover from the heavier WO's pretty well.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Knees buckling is not good!! You want to be in the game for a long time. I like the feedback so far!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Chest/Tri's

HammerStrength Iso Lateral Wide Press
90 x 20 warmup
90 x 15 warmup
180 x 10
200 x 9
220 x 8
240 x 7
15 minute break to talk to potential client
270 x 8
290 x 4
310 x 3

Tri extentions (very strict form, slow negs)
120 x 10
130 x 9
140 x 8

Tri Pushdowns
160 x 9
175 x 8
180 x 6

Cable Skull Crushers
75 x 10
80 x 8
85 x 4

So done with tri's

Cable Chest Flies
25 x 12
27.5 x 10
30 x 8

Overall, very good workout. Decent pumps and endurance. Chest/tri strength pretty much at where I left off prior to sickness and holidays with the exception of the HammerStrength press which was above "normal".

Will weigh in next week.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Thanks AZ. Yeah, freaked me out a bit because it's never happened before. Have just the slightest soreness in that knee so I'm going to take it back a notch in a leg department. Now on the Cissus/bromelain/grapeseed and Celadrin combo I capped a while back. Hopefully it's still potent enough.

This beta is strange. I don't feel like I'm on anything, but then I look in the mirror and can tell something's up.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You not feeling like you are on anything has the positive of no negatives!!