SilentBob's one month log of Axis Labs HyperTest

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Hello good people of AnabolicMinds. SilentBob here with a brand new log. For the next 30 days I will be logging HyperTest from Axis Labs. I would like to thank metroba and Axis Labs for allowing me the opportunity to try this product out for you guys. I will be honest with how I feel and will answer any questions you have along the way.

Let me start by including a little information about HyperTest:

Axis Labs HyperTEST™
HYPERTROPHIC TESTOSTERONE COMPLEX
Size: 120 Capsules

HyperTEST™ Highlights:
► 1000mg of Super Potent Bulgarian Tribulus Terrestris
► Powerful Free Testosterone Complex
► Adaptogenic Ingredients for Optimum Body Functions
► Skyrockets Natural Testosterone Levels
► Promotes Improved Body Composition
► Increases Lean Muscle Mass
► Ramps Up Strength Gains in the Gym
► Heightens Sex Drive

Serving Size: 4 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving:
HyperLH Complex 1000mg
(Bulgarian Tribulus Terrestris (80% Saponins, 40% Protodioscin), Bulgarian Tribulus Terrestris (60% Saponins, 20% Protodioscin))
HyperFT Complex 1285mg
(Avena Sativa (Standardized Avenacosides A & B), Eurycoma Longifolia (100:1), Urtica Dioica, Maca Root, ZMA, Epimedium, Chrysin, Cnidium Monnieri, Vitamin B-6, Bioperine)
Hyper Adaptogenic Complex 475mg
(Eleuthero Root, Ashwagandha Root, Rhodiola Rosea (3%))

Other Ingredients:
Magnesium stearate, silica and gelatin.

Directions: As a dietary supplement, take 4 capsules prior to bed time. For additional benefit, on training days take 2 capsules one hour prior to workout. For best results, use continuously for a minimum of 8 weeks.

I'll be dosing HyperTest 2 pre workout and 2 before bed on workout days, 4 before bed on non-workout days. That said, allow me to breakdown my training for you.

--------

Monday: Legs
Tuesday: Shoulders/Run
Wednesday: Back
Thursday: Arms/Run
Friday: Chest
Saturday: Run
Sunday: Run or Rest
--------
My training is currently set up to increase my endurance while attempting to hold on to as much lean mass as possible. Unfortunately I cannot gain any weight due to my plans to enter Officer Training for the US Marine Corps.

According to the product writeup, I will be critiquing HyperTest in the following areas:

Improved Body Composition
Increases Lean Muscle Mass
Strength Gains in the Gym

Other products I am currently taking:

Multi
Fish Oil
Creatine Monohydrate
Beta Alanine
Zyflamend (joint/inflammation support product)
Wheat Grass
Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Oil of Oregano (sick people out there :lol:)
Vitaberry (Primordial Performance)

Diet is between 2500 and 3000/day. I try to play my calories by ear. More intense days, I eat more. Lighter days, I eat less. I eat between 4 and 6 times a day. 5-6 on big lift days, fewer on light days. I'll also get some pictures up here either this evening or tomorrow.

Once again, welcome to the show.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
-Reserved for pictures-

12-16-09 (Day 3)

01-15-10 (Day 33)

Last edited:
SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Final Review

I'd like to first thank AxisLabs, metroba, Clickster, and everyone who has tuffed it out with me through the holiday season, bad cheat meals, cold weather, and an injury or two. It's always a pleasant suprise to update the log and check in on all the chatter going on. You all push me forward. Thank you.

Anyway on to the review. As I noted, I would be critiquing HyperTest in three areas. Improved Body Composition, Increases (in) Lead Muscle Mass, and Strength Gains in the Gym. So I'll go over those one at a time.

Improved Body Composition: Well, as often as I cheat and as much damage control (read fiber,) as I subject myself to, I am pleasantly suprised with my results. I do appear to be a little bit leaner after HyperTest. This is even after a few pizza days, cookies, and other bad holiday food in the mix.

Increases Lean Muscle Mass: Still hovering right at 176-178lb in the morning. I wasn't really expecting too much from this since I am not eating enough to gain weight. I'm not good at judging my own before/after visuals. I'm more impressed with the next section...

Strength Gains in the Gym:

I will just include some before and after figures (including dates,) from the log. You know, let the iron do the talking. :)

DB Incline:
12-20-09 - 80x6 (last set)
1-15-10 - 90x8 (last set)

Weighted Pullups:
12-16-09 - 9 total @ 45lb (over 2 reps)
1-12-10 - 16 total @ 45lb (over 4 reps)

Weighted Dips:
12-17-09 - 24 total @ 90lb (over 4 reps)
1-13-10 - 34 total @ 90lb (over 4 reps)

Squats:
12-14-09 - 195x12 (last set)
1-11-10 - 255x6 (last set)

Other notes/observations:
-I felt as though my recovery time decreased while taking HyperTest. That's always a plus with anything. Get's me back in the gym sooner.

-ZMA strikes again! I love ZMA dreams! Nuff said.

-My libido shot up during the first 3 days and then leveled out again after that.

-I felt as though I was becoming a little backed up due to HyperTest. I cannot confirm that it was the culprit though. My water intake was and remains over a gallon a day. I have since ceased my creatine supplementation and started a cleanse a week ago (damn holiday food,) and that's taken care of that issue.

Would I buy this product?:

Yes, but I'd rather take it during a bulker.

Final Verdict:

HyperTest would be a good addition for most people looking for a natural product to help with increasing their gains in the gym. I would have liked to have tried this product on a bulk, but that's not possible for me at the moment. It would also be interesting to see what 2 months of HyperTest could do. I felt like it was just starting to really kick in.

Manticora - On a Sea of Grass (Night and Day)

Last edited:
SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 - 12-14-09

Smith Squats (wide and forward stance): 95x12, 115x12, 135x12, 155x12, 175x12, 195x12

Prone Leg Curl: 70x12, 100x12, 100x12, 100x12, 100x12, 70x12

Crunches: 40, 40
SS
Heel Touches: 40, 40
SS
Flag Raises: 10, 12
SS
Invisible Bicycle: 40, 40

ATG Squats: 135x10

Squats: Wide Stance: 135x10

Front Squats: 95x10

Zercher Squats: 95x10

Narrative:

Bad way to start off this log. Smith machine? Am I f*cking kidding? 'Fraid not. It was busy at the gym this evening and a lot of folks were doing legs today. I didn't want to do abs but I also didn't want to stand around like a goof watching the power racks. Oh well. I still got a decent lift in. Meal 6 coming up!

Improved Body Composition: It's day one.
Increases Lean Muscle Mass: It's day one.
Strength Gains in the Gym: It's day one.

Man Must Die - Kill It, Skin It, Wear It

Last edited:
metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sub-a-localypse! Nice intro bro!

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to this.

Will be following for sure. Let me know please if you have questions or concerns.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
subbed-bob are you going to be going to annapolis?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know I wouldn't miss this, SB!

Rock this sh*t!!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed like a mo-fo on this one!!
One of our best loggers doing a thread on what looks like one of this year's best looking test-boosters!!! Gotta love it........:kiss:
:toofunny:

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see the incredible results that SB will be enjoying on this shizz!!!! :chairfall:

I was fired up to test run this one myself. That's why I put in an application. I haven't ran a thread this entire year. But I was willing to just to get a chance to run this Hyper-Test. The ingredient profile is one of the very best that I've seen.
Kudos Axis Labs on what appears to be a great product. Now we'll just let our testers give us the low down on this show down!!! :party:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just wish I had another bottle to give you Thundercat...would have been a sweet log. Don't you worry man. You are definitely on the back burner for future logs! (if youre interested).

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
In SB and with Thunder here, the party is complete!!!!!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
12-15-09

Cuban Press: 5x15 (rotator warmup)

Arnold Press: 20x12, 25x12, 30x12, 35x12, 40x10

Leaning Lateral Raises: 15x12, 20x12, 25x10, 30x6

Face Pulls: 30x12, 35x12, 42.5x12, 50x12

Hyper Extensions: 15

Shoulder Press: 50x12, 55x12, 60x9

Cuban Press: 10x12

-Later-

RUN!
Hills
4 Miles
55°F, windy
33:39 minutes

Narrative: Today was a long day. Chiropractor, workout, work, run. It's 11:30 and I'm exhausted. I know hypers are kinda weird to do on shoulders, but my lower back was a little tight after the chiro adjustments so I wanted to get some blood flow down there.

I shaved 30 seconds off my run this evening from my previous run. I could have gone faster but with a half mile to go I started to feel my quads want to cramp up. I was able to keep my stride, but I had to really focus on not letting my quads cramp up on me. I was able to get the bad joojoo (a technical term,) worked out so I was able to sprint the final stretch, which always feels so good...especially when I stop. :lol:

Metallica - St. Anger

I don't care if it sounds like it was produced in a trash can, I like it.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In like Flynn! This is going to mke it even harder to wait to start mine!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Day 3 - 12-16-09

Pullups: 20, 5(+45lb), 4(+45lb), 6(+35lb), 5(+35lb), 8(+25lb), 6(+25lb), 10

Hammer Strength Rows: 90x12, 110x12, 140x12, 160x10
Hammer Strength Rows(Iso lateral): 90x12

Lat Pulldown: 70x12(pause), 100x12(pause), 100x10(pause), 100x8(pause), 120x8

Cable Rows: 100x12, 120x12, 140x12, 160x7, 100x10

Pullups: 4 (depleted)

Narrative:
Big back day today. I was going hard on the weighted pullups.

Improved Body Composition: I'll give it a week before I try to gauge this.
Increases Lean Muscle Mass: I'll give it a week before I try to gauge this.
Strength Gains in the Gym: I added some additional weighted pullup sets today...but my depletion pullups suffered.

I posted a picture today for the 'before' portion. I'll do another at day 14, and day 30.

Arch Enemy - Nemesis

Yeah, she's a growler. Crazy.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Logs looking very good man. Clean and to the point. I like. Keep up the good work man :thumbsup:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I posted a picture today for the 'before' portion. I'll do another at day 14, and day 30.
Nice pic. You've got a lean foundation to work with. All your gains should be clean and noticeable.
I just never knew that we looked so much alike!!! :toofunny:

You, Mr.Kleen, and myself could pass for triplets. :veryhappy:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looking lean and mean SB . . . . good to see the broom is still there, and it's a shame some of the insense stix have been removed ;)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Looking lean and mean SB . . . . good to see the broom is still there, and it's a shame some of the insense stix have been removed ;)
They're all still there. It must be the angle of the dangle that makes it look like some were used as toothpicks. In fact, I have a new one that I'll be putting next to that one soon.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
nice log, bob. any change in libido?:bigok:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Day 4 - 12-17-09

Dips: 12, 12(+45lb), 12(+70lb), 7(+90lb), 6(+90lb), 6(+90lb), 5(+90lb), 12

Seated Tricep Extensions: 30x12, 60x12, 70x12, 80x12, 80x12, 30x12

Zottman Curls: 15x12, 20x12, 25x12, 30x12

Concentration Hammer Curls: 15x12, 20x12, 25x12, 30x12

Supine Grip EZ Curl: 35x12

Narrative: Blasted out some dips this morning. 90lb felt good so I figured I'd do some more sets. Gonna spend the rest of the afternoon eating followed by a run this evening. Hooray!

Led Zeppelin - Ramble On

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great, had the gas in the tank for extra sets at a good weight. So would you say strength is going up or more stamina or a little of both? Have you noticed any oilyness of skin, or heightend aggression either positive aspects or temper-wise? Just trying to get an idea when you start to notice any mood changes or other tell tale signs testosterone may be rising.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
12-18-09

RUN!
33°F(0.5°C)
Windy, Rain/Sleet Mix
2.7mi(4.34km)
26:33 minutes

Narrative:
Quick update tonight. Tonight's run time suffered. It was slick out, raining, and windy. So yeah, couldn't exactly go full tilt and expect to keep my footing. I'll tell ya though, wet, cold, and wind swept is a great way to run. It's so easy to say 'f*ck this,' and turn back but so much more rewarding when you tough it out. Hind sight I should have done the 4mi route, but I was thinking about hot scrambled eggs and ham. :bigok:

Acne is up a little. Aggression may be up as well. I cannot be sure on that one since I tend to have a short temper when it comes to disrespectful people. I think perspiration is up a little too. My socks are getting a little more humid that normal. It's either due to the heat being on at work or HyperTest.

Chest tomorrow after work. That's the benefit of having Saturday and Sunday as run/off days. I can kinda finagle my schedule towards the end of the week if I'm not feeling it one day versus another. So that being said I'll lift tomorrow and more than likely take Sunday off.

nice log, bob. any change in libido?
Yeah. Kinda. This may be a challenge.

NIN - Everyday

Yeah...at least I know what to expect.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep rockin' it SB!!!

I'm sending some more winter weather your way this weekend........enjoy!!! :veryhappy:

orbitron3000

orbitron3000

Awards
  • Established
way to power through, man! 33° is f*ckin cold!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
12-20-09

DB Incline Press: 20x12, 40x12, 60x12, 65x12, 70x12, 75x10, 80x6

DB Incline Flies: 15x12, 20x12, 25x12, 30x6

Flat Bench (wide grip): 135x12, 155x10, 175x7, 195x6

Cables(High to Low): 15x12, 17.5x12, 20x12, 22.5x12

Cables(Low to High): 10x10, 12.5x10, 15x10

Pushups: 20

Narrative:
Felt strong on DB Incline today. Which was surprising since it was a bad day for the diet. Christmas party at work so my 'pre-workout' meal this afternoon was pizza, and lots of it. 3 slices of a large pizza and 4 pieces of garlic bread. That was over the course of about 3 hours before I made it to the gym this evening. So yeah, sh*tty food and still felt good SFW, maybe this HyperTest is starting to kick in. :)

Improved Body Composition: Don't ask that question on pizza day.
Increases Lean Muscle Mass: Too early methinks.
Strength Gains in the Gym: My workout this evening didn't suffer for poor diet/not a large meal 1 hour before/no preworkout to speak of. :bigok:

Motörhead - Rock Out :bigok:

Lemmy is God. Even after 30 years.

orbitron3000

orbitron3000

Awards
  • Established
hey SB, for those cables, do you mean like cable crossovers? and we all need a good junk food day. usually i try to make those my travel days, when i have to go to or from school.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
how does the orbitron3000 compare next to the WankMaster2000TM or the AccuJack1500TM? :veryhappy:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
how does the orbitron3000 compare next to the WankMaster2000TM or the AccuJack1500TM? :veryhappy:
Jake you should be ashamed of yourself!!!

Obviously the Orbitron3000 adds a twist to the pull for added stimulation....

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
12-21-09

Squats: 95x12, 115x12, 135x12, 155x12, 175x12

Prone Leg Curls: 70x12, 100x12, 100x12, 70x12, 70x12 (started to cramp up, moved down to 70 to finish)

Back Extensions: 12, 12, 12, 12, 12

Smith Squats(narrow/forward stance): 135x12, 135x12, 135x12, 135x12

Narrative:
Legs today. Started to cramp on leg curls. Thankfully they didn't cramp up all the way, that would have sucked. Other than that, I felt pretty strong through my sets. Orby, I'll see if I can find something that shows those cable exercises that I do.

Spineshank - Height of Callousness

Saw these guys in 2001...I was 16, great show.

orbitron3000

orbitron3000

Awards
  • Established
Jake you should be ashamed of yourself!!!

Obviously the Orbitron3000 adds a twist to the pull for added stimulation....
Hah yea...i mean...

The 3000 model is the premier upgrade option from the 2000 or 1500 models. In addition to the twist-and-pull feature, the 3000 packs an 8-cell battery for unparalleled 10 hours of action during normal use, as well as an overdrive mode for those special occasions :32:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Hah yea...i mean...

The 3000 model is the premier upgrade option from the 2000 or 1500 models. In addition to the twist-and-pull feature, the 3000 packs an 8-cell battery for unparalleled 10 hours of action during normal use, as well as an overdrive mode for those special occasions :32:
Don't forget to include the gyroscopic action instead of the normal, lame, thurst/vitbrate models.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Logs lookn awesome man! What day are you on now?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sweet! Keep it going man. Diggn teh Metalz too :yup:

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whats the status of leaving bro? any kinda date yet?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
are you asking him out? (hetero)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Day 10 - 12-23-09

Pullups: 10, 9, 4(+45lb), 5(+45lb), 4(+45lb), 4(+45lb), 3(+45lb), 8(+25lb), 10

DB Rows: 40x12, 60x10, 70x10, 80x12, 80x10

Pullups: 10, 5

Narrative:
Ok, so check this out. The pullup cage or whatever you want to call it that I normally use was preoccupied. This wouldn't have been a big deal until you understand who was using it. A guy had the platform up to do assisted pullups AND he was wearing a weight vest. I'm going to let that sink in for a moment.

Yeah. WTF! Anyway, the handles on this one were a little difference but I still cranked out a bunch of pullups. After I did some DB rows I took a look at the clock and I'd been in there close to an hour and it was time to head to work.

Now on to later.

Day 10 - 12-23-09 - PART DEUX!

Cuban Press: 5x12

Arnold Press: 20x12, 25x12, 30x12, 35x12

Leaning Lateral Raises: 10x12, 15x12, 25x12, 30x6

Face Pulls: 30x12, 35x12, 42.5x12, 50x12

DB Shoulder Press: 50x12, 55x12, 60x12, 65x11

Narrative:
Alright, I did 2-a-days today because I was dead-to-the-world lazy on Tuesday. I don't know if this is due to the Hypertest or what but lethargy has been up recently. Tuesday I woke up, played video games, watched tv, slept, watched more tv, played more video games and passed out again. Busy day, I know.

Acne is up a little bit. Libido kinda leveled off. The first few days were kinda bad, but now it has leveled off a little.

Probot - Shake Your Blood

LIBIDO CHECK!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Day 13 - 12-26-09

RUN!
44°F
4 miles
hills
34:02 minutes

Narrative:
A lot of information to update you all on. For starters, my back hurts. My back didn't used to hurt. I don't do anything to aggravate my back anymore (heavy squats, deadlifts, overhead presses,) yet I have developed pain in my lower back. I have a disheartening suspicion that it may be due to my chiropractic visits. Anyway, it makes walking, going downstairs, standing up, and other random movements hurt really back in my lower back, left side of spine. I go back on Tuesday, we'll see what he has to say.

Anyway, until today I've been too nervous to even try to run with my back feeling the way it does. I found out that my fear was unwarranted. I had a decent run time tonight.

Epica - Unleashed