Semper Fi MotherF*ckers!!! SamBoz19 Is Running Some Recon From Muscle Pharm

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Answers

I understand exactly how you feel on the lack of sleep. I'm living and raising my kids as a walking zombie. I am nasty and cranky in the gym because I'm tired and want to go home to bed I hope you guys feel better soon and get some good sleep!!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    I understand exactly how you feel on the lack of sleep. I'm living and raising my kids as a walking zombie. I am nasty and cranky in the gym because I'm tired and want to go home to bed I hope you guys feel better soon and get some good sleep!!
    Thanks C!

Cheers!

-Sean-
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Answers

Well...I didn't do a real training session last night. I just did an abs and cardio session. It was an ok session and I built up a decent sweat, but I didn't use any Recon...there was no need to. I'll try to get in a session over the weekend here and then put up another "real" update.

Cheers!

-Sean-
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Answers

Well to those that have been following along...I must apologize...my log has hit a stand still recently. I have not been feeling well and have had other personal matters to deal with so my training has been lacking as well as my logging. I will pick my log back up as soon as I feel healthy enough to train again...might be a couple of days...I have a nasty cold I am fighting with right now.

Cheers!

-Sean-
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Answers

Just to add on...I plan on taking this week off to get healthy and get over this cold. It really is beating me down. I feel weak and when I cough it hurts like hell (razor sharp pain). GRRRRR!!!!!! . Anyway, I will pm those of you who have subscribed to following my log when I get back to training and get another update up.

Cheers and take care!

-Sean-
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Answers

get well sooon bud, i had a cold last week, nose wouldn't stop running at work, was horrible!
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Answers

Thumbs up Update 6: Chest and Tri's

SamBoz19 Gets Semperfied With Muscle Pharm's Recon

Update 6: Chest and Tri's

Time for Update #6...lets get rolling.

Motivational Quote of the Day:

"Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true."

-Leon J. Suenes-

The Workout:

10 minutes of stretching

30 minutes of cardio

Warmups

Bench Press:

3 sets of 5@275lbs
    2 sets of 3@315lbs

Close Grip Bench Press:

3 sets of 15@155lbs

Incline DB Flyes using 35lb DB's

3 sets of 20

Tricep Rope Pulldowns:

3 sets of 20

Wide Grip Dips (hands on straight bar, feet straight out in front on the ground)

3 sets of 20

End of workout...

Workout Music Video of the Day:

A classic that always gets me going...

YouTube- Rocky IV- No easy way out
    Workout Ratings:

Mental Alertness/Focus: 10/10
    Energy: 10/10
    Motivation: 10/10
    Mood/Aggression: 9/10
    Stress: 8/10
    Libido: 9.5/10
    Joints: 9/10
    Endurance: 10/10
    Strength: 6.5/10
    Quality of Training: 9/10
    Pump and Vascularity: 8/10
    Overall Sense of Feeling: 9/10

Thoughts of the day: Finally beat that F*cking cold. Man that beat me down pretty good. However, I feel great. I self medicated the hell out of myself. I basically downed a dump truck full of chewable vitamin C, pounded some Acai extract pills and halls extra strength (10mg menthol per lozenger), and the secret weapon...primatene. Primatene basically was the superstar of my cold remedy therapy. Adding that stuff in helped get rid of the painful coughs and also helped my sinuses clear up. Granted, the coughing is still happening, but now it is more infrequent and typical because of the cold Wisconsin weather. I still deal with minor sniffles, but hey I am back to being healthy. Basically the ailments I am dealing with now will not go away until spring most likely.

Anyway, after some time off and being beaten down with my nasty cold I felt pretty good during this workout. Now granted, the workout itself was nothing special, but for coming back and starting back up after the time off I cannot complain. I also have a lot on my mind because I have been dealing with some hard times recently, but hey I take my personal matters in stride and keep going forward because that is all a person can do. I do the best I can and leave it at that. The key is just to keep fighting and I am a survivor...I find a way to come out on top.

Two last bits of information...I did not use Recon at all during my time off...I am using it only on workout days to get the most out of it. Assault and Recon stacked together seriously make a huge difference for me...basically its like with Assault I don't ever feel any soreness during the workout and once its over Recon makes it seem like I didn't even workout. Its actually a nice feeling.

Pic of the Day:

A double dip of funny animations...

Thats it for now...

Cheers!

-Sean-
  8. MST Reppin Hard!
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I have that song on my IPod gym mix
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    I have that song on my IPod gym mix
    It is a classic for sure. I love the song and it is one of those songs that can always help get you through sticking points because there is no easy way out...if you want something you have to keep fighting even when it doesn't seem like you can win.

Cheers Papa Deuce!

-Sean-
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Answers

Update 7: Abs and Biceps!

SamBoz19 Gets Semperfied With Muscle Pharm's Recon

Update 7: Abs and Biceps

Time for Update #7...lets get rolling.

Motivational Quote of the Day:

"Sow an act, and you reap a habit; sow a habit, and you reap a character; sow a character, and you reap a destiny."

-George Dana Boardman-

The Workout:

10 minutes of stretching

40 minutes of cardio

Warmups

Barbell Curls:

4 sets of 10@135lbs

Hammer Curls using 35lb DB's:

3 sets of 25

Reverse Barbell Curls:

4 sets of 10@115lbs

Reverse Plate Curls

3 sets of 25

Ab workout

End of workout...

Workout Music Video of the Day:

Ok so maybe I am on a classic music trip right now. Regardless...another classic...

YouTube- TopGun(Music Video)

Mental Alertness/Focus: 9/10
    Energy: 9/10
    Motivation: 8/10
    Mood/Aggression: 10/10
    Stress: 8/10
    Libido: 8.5/10
    Joints: 7.5/10
    Endurance: 9/10
    Strength: 7/10
    Quality of Training: 7.5/10
    Pump and Vascularity: 9/10
    Overall Sense of Feeling: 8/10

Thoughts of the day: This workout was done yesterday. Thursday night was my night off...I will try to workout again on Saturday morning which is more like my Friday night to me until I go to sleep...lol. I will be taking Saturday morning off again though and then starting fresh on Sunday. Ok with the layout out of the way lets talk more about this current updated workout...

The workout was nothing spectacular, but then again I have high standards and I just cracking back into things after my minor layoff so in reality I cannot complain about my performance. The part of my workout I was most happy with was my cardio session. I seemed to pick up more endurance and drive the longer I went along. By the end of my cardio session I had built up an awesome thermogenic feeling and a great sweat so I felt pretty good. My Bicep workout was ok, but needless to say I got a workout in. The abs part of the session was brutal simply because cardio took a lot out of me, but I still put in the work and got the job done.

One last thing to note...as good as Recon is I was dealing with some muscle soreness in this workout from the previous workout, but that is to be expected considering the circumstances so needless to say...the stuff helps, but it will not make you superman. LOL.

Pic of the Day:

Thats it for now...

Cheers!

-Sean-
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Answers

To those that have been following along...I took a bit of a break...stress and the holidays...nuff said there. I have two updates I'll be making. Also, at this point I am considering doing a final review because I do not think my thoughts are going to change from this point forward. I still may wait a little bit, but the final review will be coming soon.

Cheers!

-Sean-
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Looking forward to your final review Sean.
  13. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Sean's Final Review of Recon

Sean will be posting his final review of Recon later today or early tomorrow morning.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Answers

Thumbs up Muscle Pharm Recon Final Review!

Well this log feels like a complete failure to me simply because of forces outside of training and the forums. However, I can still give an accurate review of Recon because quite honestly the stuff works as advertised if not better. So lets get down to business and do this thing.

First...a picture to get everyone in good spirits. Honestly, if you can't laugh at this pic you need some psychotherapy...

What is it:

Taste: 8: Recon is decent tasting. The taste does mask the huge ingredient profile, but its not like it out of this world or anything. Regardless, for a post-workout product it tastes good and is something to look forward to after a long hard workout. I give a rating of 8 because the flavor does cover the ingredients good enough and it is easy to put down. Nuff said!

Mixability: 9.5: Recon mixes great. It is not perfect, but there is hardly any sediment left over.

Texture: 9.5: Recon is smooth and that is one part I really have enjoyed about the product simply because it is not too thick and it goes down smooth and easy. This is especially nice after a brutal workout because it doesn't feel like you are forcing something down your throat.

Performance Enhancement: 9: I have to give the product a 9 simply because when I used Recon on consecutive days after brutal workouts no performance was lost...I did not make any gains, but maintaining is more important to me than anything else.

Recovery: 9.7: Recon quite honestly kicks a$$ when it comes to recovery, but you need to take it on consecutive days to really notice how special it really is. One trick I used was that a brutal compound heavy session such as a 5x5 I would use a full dose post-workout obviously, but then also use a full dose first thing when I woke up the next day and then I would train light that day doing accessory workouts such as biceps, abs, and cardio, etc and then use a half dose post-workout for the light sessions. Following this method seemed to get the most out of the product for me. However, to each their own.

Quality of Sleep: 9.5: I have to mention quality of sleep even though this is not a sleep product. I like to workout at night and using Recon would help calm me down post-workout and I was able to sleep peacefully. I can only imagine how good this would work in unison with Bullet Proof which is a phenomenal product all in itself.

Formula: 9.5: For a post-workout product I think Muscle Pharm did a great job. Why I like the formula is that it does not have creatine or protein in it, which makes it a very versatile product. I like having my creatine and protein separately actually. Beyond that...all the recovery factors your body needs during the most important time is covered. In essence, I applaud Muscle Pharm for creating a great formula.

Would I recommend: Well obviously if you have read my review to this point you know the answer to this question....a definitive YES. Recon is truly made for those that take his or her training seriously and I think you owe your body the favor of using Recon.

Would I buy: Easy Answer again...Yes. Personal opinion...I would stack Assault, Recon, and Bullet Proof together and then you are golden because you are covering all your bases really.

Comparisons and previous post-workout product experience commentary: Ok so maybe some of you will look at my review and think I am being biased or being an a$$ kisser because I am affiliated with a company. However, let me be quick to point out...if you think that...check your opinion at the door because I tell it like it is. Now, to elaborate on comparisons and my experience to give some insight as to what qualifies me to give this review...

First...I have tried many different types of post-workout products and Recon has been my favorite overall. I personally will sometimes use Ultimate Nutrition's Iso Mass Xtreme because it is an all in one. Although it is marketed as a gainer I think it is better used as a post-workout product, but that is just my opinion. My only knock with Iso Mass Xtreme...I get tired of it after a month...the taste is good, but sometimes post-workout it is a bit too thick for my liking. Regardless, it is another great product. I have also tried Controlled Labs Golden Finish and Universal Nutrition's Torrent. Both of them tastes great and are good products in their own right, but comparing them to Recon...I prefer Recon over them effects wise. Another product I have tried is MHP's Dark Matter...this product was my least favorite of all...it is too thick, does not taste all that great and it made me feel a bit bloated. However, some like it, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. Anyway, the bottom line here is that out of my experiences Recon reigns supreme overall in my opinion. However, I do believe in and follow the cycling method so while Recon is my new favorite...I would still most likely go back to Golden Finish (I really enjoy the flavor), torrent, or Iso Mass Xtreme as a change and then go back to Recon . In closing, I say to each their own and there are different strokes for different folks. So in essence, take my review with a grain of salt simply because while I am objective and I tell like it is I am still sharing my personal subjective opinions. I hope those of you who read my review find it at least somewhat useful.

That is all.

Cheers!

~Sean~
  15. MST Reppin Hard!
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

solid review buddy
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    solid review buddy
    Thanks Papa Deuce!

Cheers my friend!

-Sean-
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 09:13 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 12:03 AM
  3. Juice is Getting JACKED with Muscle Pharm's RECON!
    By juice3320 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 09:19 AM
  4. RECON by Muscle Pharm!!
    By edvanp in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 06:07 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 11:25 AM