My Once and Future Strength Part I: Omega T-Force

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In my recovery from a torn oblique, I have reduced in strength in many movements.

This log will detail the initial steps in my return to former, higher 1RMs. And for this leg of the journey, I will be aided by:

Omega Sports T-Force

About T-Force:
Whopping doses of lab tested, certified Fadogia Agrestis. A simple, straight-forward approach to herbal testosterone boosting - take an ingredient that works and megadose it. At 500mg per cap and recommended daily dose of 3-4caps, this stuff is unique. However, in honesty, I am not too familiar with this particular herb, and look forward to seeing just what effects it has on me.

I will be starting with 3caps/day and ramp that up if and when I see fit.

Current Primary Goals:
Increase My Squat: A Previous PR was 400x3. This past week, I did 315x3. I've got a ways to go.

Increase My Seated Military: This is a lift I have never focused on, but one that definitely needs improvement. I would like to hit 200 for a set of 3-6 within the next 6 weeks.

Current Secondary Goals:
Regain Grip and Core Strength: When you can't do any heavy pulling or pushing for 2 and 1/2months, your abs and hands get weak. My deadlift is suffering right now simply because I can't hold onto the bar. I refuse to use straps - instead I will be taking measures to improve my grip, such as fat-bar and towel movements, farmer's walks, etc. Core strength will return as I continue to squat and dead and perform other standing movement requiring much stabilization, but I will also be working my abs on recovery as a little extra help.

Current Stats:
Weight: 240
BF: ~10%
Squat: 315x3
Deadlift: 430x3
Bench: 345x3

Lifting Schedule:
I will be performing 4 full body workout each week, each consisting of 3-4 compound lifts and 3-4 isolation movements. I tend to prefer high sets rather than high reps, but I am incorporating a good balance of both.

Diet:
Calorie and Macronutrient Cycling from 2800cals w/70%Fat on recovery days, to a far more balanced 3000-3400cals on lifting days.
Lifting Days I consume 250-300g CHO before and during my workout. Post workout is low CHO. Protein is 400g, Fat ~100g.

I following an intermittent fasting protocol. It is easier and more convenient than the traditional 6 meal day, and has not impeded my strength or fat-loss progress in the past.

Supplementation:
Upon Waking: 1cap T-Force, 400mg 1-Carboxy, 1.5g PLCAR, 2g ALCAR, 500mg VitC
Before Breakfast: 1 Anabolic Pump
Preworkout: 1 T-Force, 1 AP, 10g Leucine, 1scoop Anadraulic State, 3scoops Glycergrow, 60g CHO
Intraworkout: 10g Leucine, 20g Whey Hydrolysate
30min Post: 50g Lipotropic Protein
Before Bed: 1 T-Force, 400mg 1-Carboxy, 3 ZMA

My first workout with this stuff is in about 2hrs

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My measurements as of this morning pre-workout:

Legs: 27" (down 2" since my injury)
Chest: 51" (down 1")
Arms: 18.75" (down 1/4")

Workout update coming later; for now I have a couple of papers to read. :)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
oh sweet definintely tagging along resolve.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to see ya, HXC. It's time to get this ball rollin'.

Day 1
No major differences to report yet, concerning T-Force. I felt great through the course of my workout, except for a little lactic acid induced nausea. But that is to be expected when you superset weighted dips and chins for high-ish volume. I am tired this afternoon, so much so that I just took a 1/2hr nap. Not sure yet if this is due to T-Force or just the intense exertion followed by hard studying.

Today's Workout: Load: 15RM Total Rep Goal: 50-60
Feet-Elevated Front Split-Squat: 95 x12, x12, x11, x10, x10 = 55 total reps

Weighted Dips: BW+25 x12, x12, x11, x10, x6 = 51
SS'd w/Weighted Chins: BW+25 x12, x11, x9, x10, x8 = 50

Unilateral Leg Exts: 70 x20, x20, x20; 85x20 = 80reps (3sec ecc)

Incline Curls: 35lb Dbs x12, x12, x10, x7, x6, x6 = 53 (3sec ecc)
Overhead Cable Tris: 80 x12, x12, x10, x10, x10 = 54(3sec ecc)

I prefer front style split-squats (with the bar racked across my clavicles as with a normal front squat) as it seems to balance the quad/ham/glute activation. With the bar behind my head, it seems far more hip dominant somehow. Also, I have discovered that by elevating my front foot slightly (on a couple of 25lb'ers), my range of motion is improved and the vastis medialis brought more into play. I'm incorporating split squats because they force me to keep my midsection tight and contracted for extended periods, and allow me to focus on each leg individually as well.
With the dips and chins following those split squats, my forearms and shoulders were already quite warmed up - this equalled a very nice pump through my supersets.

I should note that I am employing a strict 30X tempo for all isolation movements (X being as fast as possible), but am not employing this for compound movements. For those, I am lowering the weight under control, but with no specific count.

Well, the cherry's been popped - here's to some solid progress over the coming weeks! :beerchug:

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to see ya, HXC. It's time to get this ball rollin'.

Day 1
No major differences to report yet, concerning T-Force. I felt great through the course of my workout, except for a little lactic acid induced nausea. But that is to be expected when you superset weighted dips and chins for high-ish volume. I am tired this afternoon, so much so that I just took a 1/2hr nap. Not sure yet if this is due to T-Force or just the intense exertion followed by hard studying.

Today's Workout: Load: 15RM Total Rep Goal: 50-60
Feet-Elevated Front Split-Squat: 95 x12, x12, x11, x10, x10 = 55 total reps

Weighted Dips: BW+25 x12, x12, x11, x10, x6 = 51
SS'd w/Weighted Chins: BW+25 x12, x11, x9, x10, x8 = 50

Unilateral Leg Exts: 70 x20, x20, x20; 85x20 = 80reps (3sec ecc)

Incline Curls: 35lb Dbs x12, x12, x10, x7, x6, x6 = 53 (3sec ecc)
Overhead Cable Tris: 80 x12, x12, x10, x10, x10 = 54(3sec ecc)

I prefer front style split-squats (with the bar racked across my clavicles as with a normal front squat) as it seems to balance the quad/ham/glute activation. With the bar behind my head, it seems far more hip dominant somehow. Also, I have discovered that by elevating my front foot slightly (on a couple of 25lb'ers), my range of motion is improved and the vastis medialis brought more into play. I'm incorporating split squats because they force me to keep my midsection tight and contracted for extended periods, and allow me to focus on each leg individually as well.
With the dips and chins following those split squats, my forearms and shoulders were already quite warmed up - this equalled a very nice pump through my supersets.

I should note that I am employing a strict 30X tempo for all isolation movements (X being as fast as possible), but am not employing this for compound movements. For those, I am lowering the weight under control, but with no specific count.

Well, the cherry's been popped - here's to some solid progress over the coming weeks! :beerchug:
might pick up a few bottles of t-force so it will be good to see how it works for you!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. Looking forward to a professional log. And those weighted chins, wow.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
might pick up a few bottles of t-force so it will be good to see how it works for you!
I know, with the buy 1 get 1 going on, I'm tempted to pick some more up myself. :)

Subbed. Looking forward to a professional log. And those weighted chins, wow.
Hey - Welcome! And thanks - all my weighted movements (dips, pullups, chins) are down a bit as I couldn't wear a dipping belt for about 8 weeks, but it's good to know I'm doing ok. :)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm interested in this. Especially with the current sale at NP! :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
when i ran primal male about a year ago the first week to 10 days my temperment was real mellow-nothing bothered me. starting about 3rd week i got mean tempered as hell. results in strength happened in 4th week but i only ran 1 bottle, curious to see how your results compare. just beware of potential mood swings. good luck.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good luck man, from 1 tester to another

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:lol: I killed way too many childhood hours with that game... Good to see you man.

when i ran primal male about a year ago the first week to 10 days my temperment was real mellow-nothing bothered me. starting about 3rd week i got mean tempered as hell. results in strength happened in 4th week but i only ran 1 bottle, curious to see how your results compare. just beware of potential mood swings. good luck.
Good to know. Most herbal T-Boosters that I've tried have made me rather irritable and aggressive after about the 2 week mark. Well, ok, moreso than normal - I have a temper, but I can usually control it. But when I ran DTHC, for example, I was mad at everyone all the time. I'm hopin' I stay more amiable, like I do on Formex or T-911, even though they're not herbal. :fingersx:

good luck man, from 1 tester to another
Thank you! It should be fun run. I'll make sure to swing by your log; see what it's doing for you. :)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
May T-Force be with you my son!!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2
A recovery day. The one day I have this week with no significant physical activity.

2 Caps of T-Force so far today. Libido is quite high; possibly due to T-Force, possibly just me. We'll see if it lasts; if it does, it's more likely T-Force. No overboard aggression, I'm actually quite happy and relaxed right now. I hope this continues to be the case.

I let Custom know I got this log up, but haven't heard from him yet. I'm wondering if T-Force still contains the ZMA complex that NP says it has. My bottle doesn't include it on the label, so I doubt it, but it would be good to confirm.

Mood is good and I'm quite alert - studying hard on a paper about C. elegans. That's a nematode that I really don't care about, but hey, a grade's a grade and I intend to do well in this class, so I'll learn this stuff.

The Fall Semester starts tomorrow. I am simultaneously ecstatic and terrified. Grad school does that to you... :D

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dang, dude, didn't you just finish your summer class? That's dedication right there. :)
Ya, finished about 2 weeks ago. I've got four classes this semester, and then I graduate.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya, finished about 2 weeks ago. I've got four classes this semester, and then I graduate.
Oh-ho, you are in the home stretch now! That last semester was one of the most difficult times for me to actually buckle down and study. I'd completed all my major classes except physics and I just didn't want to care anymore. I'm sure you're more than ready to be done too - hang in there, it's well worth it.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh-ho, you are in the home stretch now! That last semester was one of the most difficult times for me to actually buckle down and study. I'd completed all my major classes except physics and I just didn't want to care anymore. I'm sure you're more than ready to be done too - hang in there, it's well worth it.
You better believe it. I'm ready to be done, but it shouldn't be too difficult to strap down. Fortunately, the material I deal with is nothing like science-based courses, so the studying is much easier. I'm about a year away from a BS in Biology (about to my degree in Criminal Justice and Social Law), so I've had to deal with plenty of Science already; God bless you, my friend. That's hard stuff.

I know two of the classes I have are hard, but I don't know about the other two. I guess I'll see.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Heh, bio has always been a passion for me, but it is definitely not for everybody. When you say you are a year away from a BS in bio, does that mean you intend to get that degree as well as your Criminal Justice/Social Law degree?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Heh, bio has always been a passion for me, but it is definitely not for everybody. When you say you are a year away from a BS in bio, does that mean you intend to get that degree as well as your Criminal Justice/Social Law degree?
Doubtful. We will see. I was originally a Bio major before changing. I'll be going to law school in 2011, so I don't know why I would get a Bio degree unless I felt like doing the Dentistry thing again.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I start my post grad next Sat. I'm pretty sure I'll be the swollest dude in my class :afro: I base that on nothing....

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 2
A recovery day. The one day I have this week with no significant physical activity.

2 Caps of T-Force so far today. Libido is quite high; possibly due to T-Force, possibly just me. We'll see if it lasts; if it does, it's more likely T-Force. No overboard aggression, I'm actually quite happy and relaxed right now. I hope this continues to be the case.

I let Custom know I got this log up, but haven't heard from him yet. I'm wondering if T-Force still contains the ZMA complex that NP says it has. My bottle doesn't include it on the label, so I doubt it, but it would be good to confirm.

Mood is good and I'm quite alert - studying hard on a paper about C. elegans. That's a nematode that I really don't care about, but hey, a grade's a grade and I intend to do well in this class, so I'll learn this stuff.

The Fall Semester starts tomorrow. I am simultaneously ecstatic and terrified. Grad school does that to you... :D
The coolest thing about having a libido boost and married, is that your married if ya get muh drift

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:lol: I killed way too many childhood hours with that game... Good to see you man.
It's a cultural expectation of my peoples to enlist in 4-6 years of street fighter.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n_9Nd9bhco"]YouTube - Real Street Fighter Wannabe[/ame]

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
The coolest thing about having a libido boost and married, is that your married if ya get muh drift

:)

FYI, these new bottles do NOT contain ZMA...only 500mg of Fadogia Agrestis per cap.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I start my post grad next Sat. I'm pretty sure I'll be the swollest dude in my class :afro: I base that on nothing....
Dude, I look like Lou Ferrigno in comparison to my peers. If you look around the lecture hall it's 145lb skinny-fatties, 200lb fatties... and then me. It's like being a gorilla amongst a pack of chipmunks - and I'm not even that big! The contrast is awesome. I'm sure you'll enjoy it too. :D

Hells yeah. Not to mention that BW has been using the new RPN Entice soap...MMMMMM, enticing...

It's a cultural expectation of my peoples to enlist in 4-6 years of street fighter.

YouTube - Real Street Fighter Wannabe
HAHA :lol:

:) FYI, these new bottles do NOT contain ZMA...only 500mg of Fadogia Agrestis per cap.
Cool, thanks for the clarification. I didn't think they had the ZMA, but wasn't sure.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, something is happening physiologically on T-Force. I'm sitting here, in a chemical safety course and can only think about 2 things:
1. I would KILL YOU with my water bottle if it meant I could do some heavy squats right now.
2. Well...let's just even the nasty ugly scientist chicks are beginning to have "charms..."

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well, something is happening physiologically on T-Force. I'm sitting here, in a chemical safety course and can only think about 2 things:
1. I would KILL YOU with my water bottle if it meant I could do some heavy squats right now.
2. Well...let's just even the nasty ugly scientist chicks are beginning to have "charms..."
Uh-oh.:run: ;)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude I know exactly what you mean. T-911 has got me feeling the same way right now.

1) I always want to slam iron.

2) Ugly chicks are not so ugly anymore.

I feel ya, dude. Sounds like this T-Force is good stuff, and kicking in quick!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Y'know, I typically react quickly to T-Boosters. Battle Fuel kicked on like the second day, DTHC within the first week (but it's been too long to recall exactly how long), and both Formex and T-911 I feel pretty much from the first dose.

I don't know why that is, but it has it's benefits.

My feelings from earlier were compounded by the fact that I had to listen to a woman with an incredibly thick indian accent ramble for 2.5hrs about the paperwork involved with handling mice and other small animals. Ugh.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Y'know, I typically react quickly to T-Boosters. Battle Fuel kicked on like the second day, DTHC within the first week (but it's been too long to recall exactly how long), and both Formex and T-911 I feel pretty much from the first dose.

I don't know why that is, but it has it's benefits.

My feelings from earlier were compounded by the fact that I had to listen to a woman with an incredibly thick indian accent ramble for 2.5hrs about the paperwork involved with handling mice and other small animals. Ugh.
Man, those Indian chicks can be hot. It's unfortunate for me that probably the most attractive women I've ever seen were either Muslim or Hindu. Haha. I'm not saying all Indian women are Hindu, but you get my drift.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, this woman wasn't very attractive, but I now what you mean. BW and I have discussed a couple of times how we find it amazing that some Indian women can be absolutely gorgeous, but attractive men of that ethnicity are incredibly rare...

Heavy workout 1 for this week coming up in about 2hrs! :head:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, this woman wasn't very attractive, but I now what you mean. BW and I have discussed a couple of times how we find it amazing that some Indian women can be absolutely gorgeous, but attractive men of that ethnicity are incredibly rare...

Dude! Yes! I've always wondered about that...Like, wtf?...:dunno:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

You probably only need to be so pretty when you're a prime physician, thoracic surgeon or head civil engineer (and/or something super smart & academic).

I have no sympathy for positive stereotypes.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You probably only need to be so pretty when you're a prime physician, thoracic surgeon or head civil engineer (and/or something super smart & academic).

I have no sympathy for positive stereotypes.
Seeing the variety of fledgling scientists in my class is very interesting. There are definitely those who would fall into one stereotype or another, but there are also a good number of students whom don't fit in those categories at all. It's nice, because I definitely don't fit the bill for a typical molecular biologist at all. I used to tell people my major and they'd look at me like "you?"

Anyways...

Day 4

T-force thoughts: Aggression was not up, but I was very much "In the zone." I was mentally psyched and excited, which really impacted my squats primarily. Also helped a lot in my later sets of bench and rows.

Other herbal T-boosters had a tendency to make me mad at everything and everyone; anger which I could then channel onto the barbell and, in turn, lift more. But this is different - at least so far. I was happy in the gym, not irritable really (a little bit, but that's just how I am anyways), but very determined and felt like I had a good flow of adrenaline.

The Workout: Load: 5RM Total Reps: 24 (8sets, 3reps)

12" Box Squats: 315 - Medial Stance

Bench: 295
SS'd w/Pronated Cable Rows: 280

Hammer Curls; 65 w/3sec ecc
SS'd w/Reverse Tri Cable Ext: 110 w/3sec ecc

Unilateral Leg Curls: 130 w/sec ecc and ankle flexion

Thank God for short-term neural adaptation. With each movement, sets 1-4 are brutal, but then suddenly the bar feels lighter and you feel more alert. It's cool.

Squats showed large improvement over my last effort with them - both in form and total volume. My bench has dropped substantially since returning from my last hiatus, and is a result of both the time off and performing high effort squats immediately before. Hammer curls I have begun executing with my hand as far away from the top portion of the db as possible, to intensify the effect on my forearms and better stimulate my grip. It works well for that - ouch.

I recover tomorrow, with just some ab training, and of course the compulsory amount of cardio I put in every day walking around the huge camps of which I am a part. Lookin' forward to Thursday, with military and front squats. Woot.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Seeing the variety of fledgling scientists in my class is very interesting. There are definitely those who would fall into one stereotype or another, but there are also a good number of students whom don't fit in those categories at all. It's nice, because I definitely don't fit the bill for a typical molecular biologist at all. I used to tell people my major and they'd look at me like "you?"

Anyways...

Day 4

T-force thoughts: Aggression was not up, but I was very much "In the zone." I was mentally psyched and excited, which really impacted my squats primarily. Also helped a lot in my later sets of bench and rows.

Other herbal T-boosters had a tendency to make me mad at everything and everyone; anger which I could then channel onto the barbell and, in turn, lift more. But this is different - at least so far. I was happy in the gym, not irritable really (a little bit, but that's just how I am anyways), but very determined and felt like I had a good flow of adrenaline.

The Workout: Load: 5RM Total Reps: 24 (8sets, 3reps)

12" Box Squats: 315 - Medial Stance

Bench: 295
SS'd w/Pronated Cable Rows: 280

Hammer Curls; 65 w/3sec ecc
SS'd w/Reverse Tri Cable Ext: 110 w/3sec ecc

Unilateral Leg Curls: 130 w/sec ecc and ankle flexion

Thank God for short-term neural adaptation. With each movement, sets 1-4 are brutal, but then suddenly the bar feels lighter and you feel more alert. It's cool.

Squats showed large improvement over my last effort with them - both in form and total volume. My bench has dropped substantially since returning from my last hiatus, and is a result of both the time off and performing high effort squats immediately before. Hammer curls I have begun executing with my hand as far away from the top portion of the db as possible, to intensify the effect on my forearms and better stimulate my grip. It works well for that - ouch.

I recover tomorrow, with just some ab training, and of course the compulsory amount of cardio I put in every day walking around the huge camps of which I am a part. Lookin' forward to Thursday, with military and front squats. Woot.
looking back I wish I would done molecular biology or chemistry or something. Good to see some improvements on the squats. Ill have to take your tip on the hammer curls, it is habit to tend to hold my hand upwards toward the upperhead of the dumbell. Keep rockin it Resolve, log is looking good.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, Man. You've really got your strength back on those squats. Keep it up. Hopefully I can join you before too long. I haven't done them for a few weeks now.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
looking back I wish I would done molecular biology or chemistry or something. Good to see some improvements on the squats. Ill have to take your tip on the hammer curls, it is habit to tend to hold my hand upwards toward the upperhead of the dumbell. Keep rockin it Resolve, log is looking good.
It's a cool field, but definitely requires a lot of study. You can't expect much of a social life due to the time that is necessary to excel with any of the sciences. At least until you've graduated.

Wow, Man. You've really got your strength back on those squats. Keep it up. Hopefully I can join you before too long. I haven't done them for a few weeks now.
I gave those squats my all - as evidenced by how weak my bench was. I also really focused on pulling my elbows forward and exploding off the box. Considering that 315 was what I topped out at when I first tried squats again, I'm pretty pleased with my rapid improvement! Still a long way to be back to 385 for sets again though. :)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The box squats will get your numbers up in a hurry bubba. I love that feeling of uncertainty right when your glute leaves the box and you aren't sure if you are going to keep moving up or dropping back down on the box. The biggest battle is to keep yourself from rolling out on the start!. The added leverage from grabbing the DBs at the bottom during Hammers is awesome. Looks like your muscle memory is coming back nicely.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
If anythying, moderately increased testosterone should make you happier. Thw whole rage thing, ecspecially from herbal products sounds highly dubious to me; as if the effects were from something other than increased testosterone.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If anythying, moderately increased testosterone should make you happier. Thw whole rage thing, ecspecially from herbal products sounds highly dubious to me; as if the effects were from something other than increased testosterone.
I once murderded a man while on tribulus.....

just joking of course:18:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The box squats will get your numbers up in a hurry bubba. I love that feeling of uncertainty right when your glute leaves the box and you aren't sure if you are going to keep moving up or dropping back down on the box. The biggest battle is to keep yourself from rolling out on the start!. The added leverage from grabbing the DBs at the bottom during Hammers is awesome. Looks like your muscle memory is coming back nicely.
That's exactly how it is! Without the elastic rebound in your legs that occur without a box, it's all active muscle drive. I start my ascent and there's this split second where everything has started to contract but I'm not moving anywhere yet - it's cool.

That's good to know. It could easily have been increased adrenaline, or even cortisol I suppose, with the other herbals making me irritable. Whatever the case, I'm glad T-Force isn't doing that to me!

I once murderded a man while on tribulus....
That's a common occurence in my gym. They have a staff coroner. ;)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you box squatting as a form of quasi-rehab? I can list pro's & con's when comparing the two, but I'm curious as to your reasoning.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you box squatting as a form of quasi-rehab? I can list pro's & con's when comparing the two, but I'm curious as to your reasoning.
I'm using it more as means of re-acquainting myself with the squat as a movement. The box allows me to better judge depth and helps to ensure that I'm leaning back on my heels. Starting from a dead stop I'm hoping will help bring my strength back quicker too.

By cons, are you referring to the idea that box-squatting can hurt lower vertebrae while absorbing the shock when hitting the box? I've heard about that in the past, but it's not like I'm slamming down on the box, the weight is under control. Are there other drawbacks to using a box?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm using it more as means of re-acquainting myself with the squat as a movement. The box allows me to better judge depth and helps to ensure that I'm leaning back on my heels. Starting from a dead stop I'm hoping will help bring my strength back quicker too.

By cons, are you referring to the idea that box-squatting can hurt lower vertebrae while absorbing the shock when hitting the box? I've heard about that in the past, but it's not like I'm slamming down on the box, the weight is under control. Are there other drawbacks to using a box?
Not so much "drawbacks," per se, the (big) list of pro's & con's almost exclusively applies to beginners or studio gangster squatters (fake, partial ROM dudes).

Here are the main two I was thinking about and it was what I figured you were doing.

Squat Pro: Constant tension in working muscles; more effective for hypertrophy.

Squat Box Pro: Does not rely on any stored elastic strength during the concentric movement; more effective for strength.

When ROM, form, experience and knowledgeable intent are in check, which for you they are, then it's all good.

[Obviously, Box Squats have the most prominent benefit of sticking point training. I had to throw that awareness out there, because someone would have said something
]

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Good lift Resolve.