Your Basic Epi Pulse Cycle Log -- Down & Dirty!

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
My product will be here soon, thus, my Epistane pulse cycle will run as follows. This is my first cycle of PH. I am a Former Fat Boy, who used triathlon and multi-sport the first time around to 'get in shape.' Problem is, I just got skinnier but was still weak :(

I've been back in the gym for 2+ years and working hard. My objective for the next 2+ months is Recomp:

All doses taken 45 mins before WO and 1-1.5 hours after for a 3+ hour total between doses.

Week 1: 10/20/20
Week 2: 20/30/30
Week 3: Off
Week 4: 30/40/40
Week 5: 40/40/40
Week 6: Off
Week 7: 40/40/40
Week 8: 40/40/40

PCT:
Reversitol
AI - PCT
I have Nolva as a precaution.

==============
Everyday Supplements: Fish oil, BCAA, etc.
Pulse Day Supplements: Taurine, Life Support
Off Day Supplements (On Cycle): 50mg Formestane, Sesamin
Off Day Supplements (Off Cycle): 100mg Formestane, Sesamin
==============
Weight Training: Stronglifts 5x5 T/Th/S

Off Day Cardio: 2x per week HIIT-style with sled dragging, hill sprints, box jumps, tire work, etc. Short and intense.
==============
Diet:

On Days: 3,500 cals with 75% of carbs coming in Pre-, PWO and PPWO meals.
Off Days: 2,000 cals with <75g of carbs predominately coming in Pre-, PWO and PPWO meals.

My diet is dialed in ala Berardi and focuses predominately on whole foods, good fats, complex carbs and local, organic quality proteins.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated as always.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
1st!

Looks good man - looking forward in seeing how this pulse works out for you!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
What made you decide to pulse?

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
What made you decide to pulse?
I decided to pulse after reading lots of logs – although surprisingly FEW complete logs of pulsers or non-pulsers….anyway

I am an older guy as well. I want to minimize the majority of the risk of HBP, libido issues, liver toxicity, etc. and I think I agree with the theory that flooding the workout period with PH will lead to good gains – as good as a regular cycle? Probably not.

I also have other responsibilities cardio-wise that need to be maintained during the next 2 months. I do other high intensity-style cardio sessions and I’d like to be able to crush OTHER workouts with as little hindrance (shortness of breath, lethargy, etc.) as possible.

I’m also a former fat boy – I really need to cycle my calories on lifting days (high) and other days (low – especially low[er] carbs). I get fat if a co-worker had fries with lunch! So, my theory is, if I am going to cycle cals/carbs and squeeze the majority of them around lifting (duh) and utilize my Epi at that time as well.

Bottom line is that although I am a reasonably healthy guy, I want to take my first venture into PH super, super slow – at the risk of “1st timer gains?” sure. I’m basically on a recomp/cut anyway.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
why not just run4-6 weeks at 30mg a day ed dosing, i mean the hormonal fluctuations your gonna have are gonna leave you with some pretty serious mood swings.depression and maybe even some acne....if you have all your support supplements why not just quit being in denial that pulsing is "that much safer" and run the damn thing like its meant to be run.

and thats all pulsing is in my opinion...denial,if you cant do a real cycle cause your scared of sides then you shouldnt be using this compound or any for that matter.

go ahead rip me to pieces but its just my opinion that pulsing, especially the way you seem to want to do it is silly.

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
go ahead rip me to pieces ...
I'm not gonna rip you to pieces, challenge you to a "bench press" fight or a 1/4 ROM "Squat Off!!!!1onez" or insult your mother or GF.

If this experience turns out to be "silly" at the end, I'll be the first one to admit it. However, at this point in time, you aren't going to change my mind, so If you have any suggestions about how to make THIS cycle better or safer or more effective AS IS I'll take them. If not, your further posts could be a merely waste of time - mine and yours.

That being said, I respect your opinion, but I never said the pulse cycle was "SAFER."

Thanks for chiming in anyway!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
After stating all the issues you wanted to avoid, why not just run something like Halodrol or 1AD?... much less sides than epi. Or you wanted to run epi because you could pulse it?

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
Or you wanted to run epi because you could pulse it?
I'll admit, I find it intriguing. I also haven't seen a log where someone does a good chunk of high intensity cardio while on an ED cycle.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm not gonna rip you to pieces, challenge you to a "bench press" fight or a 1/4 ROM "Squat Off!!!!1onez" or insult your mother or GF.

If this experience turns out to be "silly" at the end, I'll be the first one to admit it. However, at this point in time, you aren't going to change my mind, so If you have any suggestions about how to make THIS cycle better or safer or more effective AS IS I'll take them. If not, your further posts could be a merely waste of time - mine and yours.

That being said, I respect your opinion, but I never said the pulse cycle was "SAFER."

Thanks for chiming in anyway!
good luck man, in my past experience its very very dry...if you have any older injuries they might flare up...mine did, i also rarely get acne and I exploded with it on epi, but on the other hand my mood was great, in fact never been happier.

Would you consider an everyday dose?

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
Would you consider an everyday dose?
Of course....for any subsequent cycles I might do. Thanks for the advice and the personal experiences! I already take 3g of fish oil and joint care ED - hopefully that can prevent most of the dry joint issues we've seen with this product.

Raptorbh12

Awards
I'll admit, I find it intriguing. I also haven't seen a log where someone does a good chunk of high intensity cardio while on an ED cycle.
I did an ED cycle with 12-15 miles cardio (8-9mph treadmill) every week. I gained approx 5lbs but It was more of a recomp for me. I used the epi to maintain or even increase strength during a cutting cycle where I watched my diet very carefully.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yes it certainly is a versatile compound thats for sure.

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
I did an ED cycle with 12-15 miles cardio (8-9mph treadmill) every week. I gained approx 5lbs but It was more of a recomp for me. I used the epi to maintain or even increase strength during a cutting cycle where I watched my diet very carefully.
What was the fat loss like during your cycle? Were you happy with the results overall? Stats, diet, etc.?

Did you log it?

Raptorbh12

Awards
What was the fat loss like during your cycle? Were you happy with the results overall? Stats, diet, etc.?

Did you log it?
No I did not log. My strength increased I would say about 10-15% overall depending on the lifts. I was doing a carb cycling diet for the last 2 weeks of the cycle and for the first 3 weeks of my pct which I am on now. I started at 168, ended at 174 end of cycle and now Im at 163. I know my bodyfat % was about 12% at the beggining of the cycle. I did not test at the end but during the 3 weeks post cycle I have gotten down to 8% as of yesterday. I was very happy with the cycle with maybe some acne as a side. My issue now is libido while I am on Nolva is killing me. I am also using PCS by Anabolic Innovations.

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
No I did not log. My strength increased I would say about 10-15% overall depending on the lifts. I was doing a carb cycling diet for the last 2 weeks of the cycle and for the first 3 weeks of my pct which I am on now. I started at 168, ended at 174 end of cycle and now Im at 163. I know my bodyfat % was about 12% at the beggining of the cycle. I did not test at the end but during the 3 weeks post cycle I have gotten down to 8% as of yesterday. I was very happy with the cycle with maybe some acne as a side. My issue now is libido while I am on Nolva is killing me. I am also using PCS by Anabolic Innovations.
Sweet. So let me ask this...my math sucks anyway.

168lbs @ 12%BF = 20.4lbs of fat on your body (rounded) -
163lbs @ 8% = 13.6lbs of fat (rounded) -
Net loss of 7lbs of fat but a 5lbs loss on the scale = 2lbs of muscle gain over the period of the cycle and the PCT?

You've lost 11lbs in 3 weeks (the length of the PCT so far) - does this all make sense?

Raptorbh12

Awards
does this all make sense?
Yep thats cool that you did the breakdown of bodyweight and body fat lost, I never calculated out my lean body mass afterwards. Also the 11lbs was over about 4 weeks I believe... 2lbs lean body mass gain over 4 weeks is not shabby.

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
Yep thats cool that you did the breakdown of bodyweight and body fat lost, I never calculated out my lean body mass afterwards. Also the 11lbs was over about 4 weeks I believe... 2lbs lean body mass gain over 4 weeks is not shabby.
Lemme ask you this. With the carb cycling you did at the end of the cycle and into the PCT - what were your calories like? Carbs high and low point?

Sorry, if I'm pestering - I like nutrition ;)

Raptorbh12

Awards
Lemme ask you this. With the carb cycling you did at the end of the cycle and into the PCT - what were your calories like? Carbs high and low point?

Sorry, if I'm pestering - I like nutrition ;)
haha no problem at all. I enjoy meeting people as anal about nutrition as me. People at work say im insane and my gf says its ridiculous.
Mon-Thur I consume half maintenance calories for me thats 1300-1400 a day with all calories coming from mostly fat and protein. Approx 20g carbs during the low carb days.
Fri-Sun I eat at maintenance which is betwen 2200-3100 depending on If I work out or not. I get a little lazy on my macros these days to enable me to still socialize and eat less than clean food. I am however strict on overall calories during these 3 carb up days. I replace my eggs and sausage breakfasts with cereal and whey protein just as an example..
I have been shocked how effective the carb cycling has been for weight loss for me at least so far. O yea, I also used ECA on carb days and Caffeine and yohimbine on low carb days.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Of course....for any subsequent cycles I might do. Thanks for the advice and the personal experiences! I already take 3g of fish oil and joint care ED - hopefully that can prevent most of the dry joint issues we've seen with this product.
I needed a lot more fish oil than that on Epi. I was taking 8g a day and cissus. This stuff is drrrrryyyyyy.

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
I needed a lot more fish oil than that on Epi. I was taking 8g a day and cissus. This stuff is drrrrryyyyyy.
Yeah, I gotcha there. I'm prepared to go as high on the fish oil as needed. The point of my post was that I am already (and have been for a long time) on the fish oil tip.

dementor

dementor

Awards
I recently did an Epi pulse cycle with great results. It was a very very small cycle, more like a test to see how I would respond. I reached my goals in streangth and lost some BF.

My pulse scheme:
Epi 30-40 mg MWF for 2 weeks
Formex 50 mg ed for 2 weeks
Formex 25 mg ed for 1 week

Mood was very good all 5 weeks, enormous intensity in the gym, felt almost more during the formex weeks.

Now I just started a new pulse with epi and formex, this time with some liver protectants and cissus, and a testbooster to end it all with.

No nolva or similar.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I gotcha there. I'm prepared to go as high on the fish oil as needed. The point of my post was that I am already (and have been for a long time) on the fish oil tip.
I've been taking two packs of animal omega a day - so 14g of fish oil along with their animal flex.....my joints feel good as long as I'm getting 7+ hours of sleep. My joints are always sore regardless if I don't get proper rest.

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
July 27, 2009 - Day 1

Workout:

3 rounds for time:
15 25# pull-ups
10 24" box jumps
5 sandbag halfmoons (each side)

Lots of my 'cardio' workouts are taken from Catalyst Athletics, Mike Rutherford and the Black Box, etc.

Diet:

This is a typical "off" day's food intake:

5:30am - Pre-WO: Glutamine w/ BCAA
7:00am - PWO: Gatorade powder w/ BCAA
8:30am - Turkey ham frittata w/ spinach; 1 fruit
11:30am - 1c FF cottage cheese; 1.5 tbsp Natty PB; fish oil
2:30 pm - 8oz. Chix thigh; 3 cups veggies; fish oil
5:30pm - 6oz. beef; 3 cups spinach salad (olive oil & lemon dressing) w/ tons of crunchy veggies; 1/2 avocado; fish oil
8:00pm - small protein shake or cottage cheese, jerky etc; 1 oz. almonds.

This pretty consistently gets me to the following macros:

2,200-2,500 cals @ 40p/40f/20c

Supps:

Sesamin, MSM&G, 25mg Formestane

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Why the formestane on cycle?

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
Why the formestane on cycle?
While higher dosing of Formestane on cycle can lead to drier gains, lower does is thought to help with 'wet' gains and will not significantly affect joint health. Running it on an EPI cycle could lead to some major joint issues.

On cycle Formestane is also used to increase libido, help suppress estrogen, it can also help boost testosterone and aid in fat loss.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
While higher dosing of Formestane on cycle can lead to drier gains, lower does is thought to help with 'wet' gains and will not significantly affect joint health. Running it on an EPI cycle could lead to some major joint issues.

On cycle Formestane is also used to increase libido, help suppress estrogen, it can also help boost testosterone and aid in fat loss.
I guess I should have clarified. I know why Formestane is used on cycle with wet compounds and with aromatizable compounds... In fact I have used it during cycles, and like it very much... but here is where I was really going with that:

Why are you using an AI while on Epi, (an AI)?

Formestane seems to make more sense for cycles like Tren, 4AD, Bold, etc. where people have estrogen issues because of the cycle. Being that Epi is an AI, what is the rationale for using form? Just the libido?

Be REALLY careful during PCT that you let your estrogen come back slowly... really make sure your taper of the AI is locked down. Most people's estrogen related problems from Epi come AFTER the cycle.

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
July 28, 2009 - Day 2

Workout:

Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
BB Row 5x5
Weighted Hypers 2x5
Weighted situps 4x5

Diet:

This is a typical "On" day's food intake:

5:15am - Pre-WO: Glutamine w/ BCAA
7:00am - PWO: 24g of Whey, 1/2c oats, 2 Tbsp Mexican Chocolate
8:30am - Turkey ham frittata w/ spinach; 1 banana; 1c Sweet potato
2:30 pm - 8oz. Chix thigh; 3 cups veggies; 1c brown rice; fish oil
5:30pm - 6oz. beef; 3 cups spinach salad (olive oil & lemon dressing) w/ tons of crunchy veggies; 1/2 avocado; fish oil

2,900 - 3,200 cals @ 40p/35f/25c

Supps:

Taurine, MSM&G, Life Support

-----------------
Thoughts, cheap shots and bon mots:

Good workout today. I felt a little warmer than usual. I didn't sleep very well last nigt probably due to the excitement of 'starting.' I've eaten a lot of food so far today and I'm still hungry - I guess that's a good thing!

TGD

Awards
Im in.

Looking forward to seeing your results, will be interesting to see how you go with pulsing Epi - something I have looked into myself.

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
July 30, 2009 - Day 4

Workout:

Front Squat 5x5
Overhead Press 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
Chin-ups 3xF
Prone Bridges 3x30sec

Diet:

This is a typical "On" day's food intake:

5:15am - Pre-WO: Glutamine w/ BCAA
7:00am - PWO: 24g of Whey, 1/2c oats, 2 Tbsp Mexican Chocolate
8:30am - Turkey ham frittata w/ spinach; 1 banana; 1c Sweet potato
2:30 pm - 8oz. Chix thigh; 3 cups veggies; 1c brown rice; fish oil

2,900 - 3,200 cals @ 40p/35f/25c

Supps:

20mg EPI, Taurine, MSM&G, Life Support

-----------------
Thoughts, cheap shots and bon mots:

I felt really good today and had a really good night's sleep last night. Other than that, I don't have much to report.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
What kind of weight are your pushing on this routine? I see exercises....don't see any numbers!

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
What kind of weight are your pushing on this routine? I see exercises....don't see any numbers!
While I'm going to post numbers, I will post percentage increase for every 10 day period and any PRs I set in the gym.

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
Felt pretty good in the gym today. Took 20mg pre- and 10mg post. I haven't really noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Onward and upward!

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
August 3, 2009 - Day 8

Workout:

2-4-6-8-10-8-6-4-2 reps for time:
KB swings (2 pood)
24" Box Jumps
Hanging leg raise

--------------
I had a good weekend, with a slightly "off day" diet-wise yesterday. County fair and the races were fun and I had a couple of tasty food items I would otherwise not eat. No worries - all things in moderation.

It feels good to be at the start of Week 2 and I'm looking forward to increasing the EPI tomorrow and killing it in the gym!

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
August 4, 2009 - Day 9

Workout:

Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
BB Row 5x5
Weighted Hypers 2x5
Weighted situps 4x5

-----------------------
So, today is Day 4 of EPI use (20mg pre- and 10mg 1.5 hours PWO) and I've noticed a trend. It takes an hour or so for me to feel "anything" from the EPI. I take it at 5:15, walk to the gym, warm-up, etc. and by the time I get through the Bench warm-ups, I get super fired up! This has led me to perform very well on the last exercises of the day, BUT the EPI hasn't kicked in for the squats. So, I am going to wake up a little earlier and see if I can get in the groove better for squats.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
That's too bad the epi takes so long to kick in - I swear that I usually feel it within 10 minutes. Have you been taking your epi with some sort of fat? If not do so as it will help with absorption.

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
August 6, 2009 - Day 11

Workout:

Overhead Press 5x5
Deadlift 3x5
Chin-ups 3xF
Incline DB 1x5
Prone Bridges 3x30sec

EPI: 40mg

------------------------
Today's workout was sick! I crushed everything in sight - I would have eaten a 45lb plate if some guy didn't hold me back!

I feel strong, motivated and determined.

That's too bad the epi takes so long to kick in - I swear that I usually feel it within 10 minutes. Have you been taking your epi with some sort of fat? If not do so as it will help with absorption.
I took your advice AND woke up a little earlier. Coincidence that I had a great workout? Dunno. ;)

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Glad you had a good workout - hormones are fat-soluble so I always try to take mine with 5-10g of fat (nuts, pb, olive/mac oil, etc).

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
August 10, 2009 - Day 15

Workout:

15 - 12 - 9 reps of:
- Pull-ups
- KB swings, 2 pood
- Dips

------------------------
Today starts week No. 3 of this cycle. So far I have had zero sides except for a few headaches. BP is fine, no lethargy, no mood swings, nada.

I guess the only sides are increased lifts and lower BF%. I'm down 1/4" around my navel and lost 2 pounds of scale weight so far.

I'm liking the results so far!

TGD

Awards
Sounds like things are going well - im keeping an eye on this one.

Jesse80

Awards
how is this going
I was thinking of doing the same thing

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
I decided to pulse after reading lots of logs – although surprisingly FEW complete logs of pulsers or non-pulsers….
So... what was the verdict here? Anyone else have a link to a complete Epi pulse log?

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmmm....?????Anybody?lol