Universals Lemon Lime BCAA's

  1. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1

    Universals Lemon Lime BCAA's






    Hey everyone. I recently just won the BCAA promo Universal was running so I thought I would review the product. I just received it today in the mail. I have not used it yet but will update.

    First Impressions

    The packaging is the sweet Universal packaging and the product container is very very small haha. The nutrition label says it has 27 servings. The product is very powdery and contains a small scoop. It smells very similar to Lemonade Xtend. I also received a real gains sample which I will give a mini review for. Be on the look out for updates!



    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  2. Registered User
    Kevin R's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    433
    Answers
    0


    I know this is an odd question, but does it contain any natural citrus or anything like that (citric acid) to get the lemonade flavoring? Will probably say on the label.

    Would love to scoop some of this up (haha) but cannot eat/drink a lot of citrus...

    Keep us updated though. Any product from Universal is usually not a letdown.
  3. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1


    Citric Acid is listed as the first ingredient under "Other ingredients:"
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Kevin R's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    433
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Citric Acid is listed as the first ingredient under "Other ingredients:"


    Thanks mate!
  5. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin R View Post


    Thanks mate!
    Not a problem bro,

    I think just about every citrus flavored BCAA powder will probably have it in there. There are other flavors you could get that I am sure wouldnt have it in it. You just a big fan of citrus?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  6. Registered User
    Kevin R's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    433
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Not a problem bro,

    I think just about every citrus flavored BCAA powder will probably have it in there. There are other flavors you could get that I am sure wouldnt have it in it. You just a big fan of citrus?
    Yeah I figure they will. Indeed, I love me some lemonade flavored sups -- they always seem to get rid of that "taste".

    I'll have to see if CL Green Mag or White Flood have it in them as I have taken them in the past no prob. Thanks again.
  7. UKStrength
    Guest
    UKStrength's Avatar


    That tub is virtually pocket-sized! Nice pics mate. Looking forward to the taste test...
  8. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1


    It has 27 servings in it. But I am guessing It would be best to double dose it. So more like 13.5 servings lol.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  9. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1




    First Dose

    Taste: A very nice lemon flavor. Not so much like lemonade just lemon drink. I can taste the actual BCAA taste afterwards but its not bad. Pretty smooth flavor. Definitely would be good to by some seltzer and make some Lemon Lime faux soda!!!

    Mixability: Mixed very nice. Universal BCAA Stack mixed about as well or a bit better than most BCAA products I am familiar with.

    Recommendations to consumer: Mix it and put some ice in it. Definitely makes it more refreshing.

    Recommendations to Universal: make the scoop longer, I can tell the more I use the harder its going to be to get all of it out. Maybe make the stick on the scoop about double the size?

    If your a lemon fan and you dislike other products give this a try its bit different then the flavor of Xtend's lemon BCAA's.

    What is the ratio of this reps??


    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  10. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1


    bump tuh bump tuh bump that thang!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  11. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1




    UPDATE:

    For one scoop the flavoring in this stuff is strong!!!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  12. Registered User
    MrDead's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,517
    Answers
    0


    Subbed!!! Yeah, I noticed that about the flavor as well... But, if you play around with the water levels, you can hit a sweet spot...
  13. Registered User
    jdg487's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,316
    Answers
    0


    I might try this stuff out now!
  14. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by MrDead View Post
    Subbed!!! Yeah, I noticed that about the flavor as well... But, if you play around with the water levels, you can hit a sweet spot...

    I will have to try to find that sweet spot! Not that its bad that its strong it just depends on your taste buds.

    Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    I might try this stuff out now!
    I am not sure how much they are selling it for but why not? lol
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  15. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1


    I have really been enjoying the convenience of such a small tub. I can easily take it along anywhere I go!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  16. UniversalUSA.com
    Board Sponsor
    Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin R View Post
    I know this is an odd question, but does it contain any natural citrus or anything like that (citric acid) to get the lemonade flavoring? Will probably say on the label.

    Would love to scoop some of this up (haha) but cannot eat/drink a lot of citrus...

    Keep us updated though. Any product from Universal is usually not a letdown.
    It does contain citric acid, yes.
  17. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1


    Universal, what ratio is this amino acid profile?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  18. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1


    UPDATE:

    I took some Universal Lemon Lime BCAA's and took some pink lemonade powder and made some wonderfully delicious pink lemonade today!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  19. UniversalUSA.com
    Board Sponsor
    Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Universal, what ratio is this amino acid profile?
    ?

    Same as for the other flavors... the classic 2:1:1 ratio for leucine:valine:isoleucine
  20. UniversalUSA.com
    Board Sponsor
    Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    UPDATE:

    I took some Universal Lemon Lime BCAA's and took some pink lemonade powder and made some wonderfully delicious pink lemonade today!
    That actually sounds pretty good... Know what I like? Them lime/lemon flavored diet colas. I wonder how that would taste? Diet cola + this???
  21. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1


    I am always willing to try things, would you like me to try and post??
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  22. UniversalUSA.com
    Board Sponsor
    Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    I am always willing to try things, would you like me to try and post??
    Uhh..... I'll leave it up to you.
  23. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Uhh..... I'll leave it up to you.
    Sounds good amigo, I will try to mix it with different stuff and post concoctions haha
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  24. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1




    Lemon Iced Tea anyone?



    about 15 ounces of unsweetned sun tea with 1 scoop of Universal Lemon Lime BCAA with ice added. Actually really tastey.

    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  25. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1


    The Lemon Iced tea was dang good.

    I will be trying to make a pepsi lime type deal sometime.

    Any other creative ideas?? I was thinking maybe a nice smoothing or something.???

    And I will get some seltzer and make some faux lemon lime soda
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  26. Registered User
    Hoomgar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,509
    Answers
    0

    Thumbs up


    Hey nice work in here bro. I see you have been putting the BCAA Stack through it's paces well. I agree with you on the scooper, needs a longer handle. Feel free to post that in our Suggestion box thread.

    Digging that iced tea idea too man

    Hg
  27. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    Hey nice work in here bro. I see you have been putting the BCAA Stack through it's paces well. I agree with you on the scooper, needs a longer handle. Feel free to post that in our Suggestion box thread.

    Digging that iced tea idea too man

    Hg
    Thanks Hoomgar, I will do that indeed!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  28. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1





    This review is a mini review of Real Gains. I received a sample with my BCAA's. This is only a sample packet which is 1/5 the actual serving size.

    Taste
    This product had a very sweet smell to it upon opening. I thought it would taste exactly like banana laffy taffy but was wrong. It was pretty nice smooth banana flavor. The taste was a little artificial but nothing like previous banana products I have had.

    Mixability
    This product came in a very fine powder. I was almost surprised by how fine it was. The product mixed almost better than any whey I have mixed by shaking. It was completely dissolved within a few shakes.

    Would I Purchase Real Gains?
    I have never been into weight gainers, but I think if I were to try one I would definitely consider Real Gains. Its got a nice profile, good taste, and mixes very well.

    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  29. Registered User
    Hoomgar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,509
    Answers
    0


    Solid work on the RG review bro. I feel the same way about it. I use gainers sparingly but when I do it's RG all the way.

    Hg
  30. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1


    No problem Hoomgar. Thought I would toss it up since you guys were nice to throw in a sample
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  31. Registered User
    clownbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    268
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post


    First Dose

    Taste: A very nice lemon flavor. Not so much like lemonade just lemon drink. I can taste the actual BCAA taste afterwards but its not bad. Pretty smooth flavor. Definitely would be good to by some seltzer and make some Lemon Lime faux soda!!!

    Mixability: Mixed very nice. Universal BCAA Stack mixed about as well or a bit better than most BCAA products I am familiar with.

    Recommendations to consumer: Mix it and put some ice in it. Definitely makes it more refreshing.

    Recommendations to Universal: make the scoop longer, I can tell the more I use the harder its going to be to get all of it out. Maybe make the stick on the scoop about double the size?

    If your a lemon fan and you dislike other products give this a try its bit different then the flavor of Xtend's lemon BCAA's.

    What is the ratio of this reps??


    thank you for the feedback. is this more lemony?

    the universal isolate is DEF like having a lemon. wasnt lemonade but lemon.
  32. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by clownbaby View Post
    thank you for the feedback. is this more lemony?

    the universal isolate is DEF like having a lemon. wasnt lemonade but lemon.
    No problem man, IMO yes its more lemony, doesnt have that over sweet lemonade flavor but very refreshing!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  33. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1





    Coke Lime anyone???

    1 can of diet coke
    1 scoop of Universal Lemon Lime BCAA's


    This tasted ok, I think it would be better to use 2 cans of diet coke or maybe 1/2 a scoop of BCAA's. It was way to lemony. haha But nevertheless it was not bad. I will try again and update
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  34. Registered User
    MrDead's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,517
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post



    Coke Lime anyone???

    1 can of diet coke
    1 scoop of Universal Lemon Lime BCAA's


    This tasted ok, I think it would be better to use 2 cans of diet coke or maybe 1/2 a scoop of BCAA's. It was way to lemony. haha But nevertheless it was not bad. I will try again and update
    You're a very brave man... *LOL*
  35. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by MrDead View Post
    You're a very brave man... *LOL*
    With another can of diet I think it would have tasted pretty good, the lemon lime flavor was just too strong for one can.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 07:41 AM
  2. Universal Nutrition - BCAA Stack Lemon Lime
    By soundcheck129 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 02:23 PM
  3. Fresh fruit kebabs with lemon lime dip
    By yeahright in forum Recipes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 07:28 PM
  4. Health From The Sun Lemon/Lime Fish Oil.
    By BigVrunga in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 02:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in