Silver is getting Lipotropic with the help of LG's new protein.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Silver3CSRT8's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    1482

    Silver is getting Lipotropic with the help of LG's new protein.


    First I wanted to say thank you to LifterGym and LG for choosing me to be a tester of the new LG protein. I am very excited about this because one of the most important daily supplements is protein. Since I am watching my calorie intake I will sometimes not take in enough protein daily which is why I depend on 2 good protein shakes daily. I am also very picky with my tastes and have thrown protein away in the past because of flavor or more importantly mixability.

    I am continuing with a recomp at this time so some of the potential benefits of the Lipotropic protein vs. whey has me very excited. I am finishing up my last 8 days of LG's T-911 and also using Glycobol for the last week. My weight has pretty much stayed between 195 - 197 the last 2 weeks wo hopefully the change from whey blend to Lipotropic protein will get me below that 195lb mark that I seem to be stuck at.

    I have tried varios different proteins in the past and will be testing this in both water and skim milk (my favorite). As stated above taste is important, but mixability is extremely important as well because I hate chewing my protein shakes. Luckily for me I was selected to test Banana which is one of my favorite flavors.

    I was going to add a few pics, but I am getting an error during upload so I will try again later.

    Exciting info from the LG Site:
    Lipotropic Protein contains a new kind of protein that is the most advanced on the market, surpassing old whey concentrate blends in protein quality and effect on lean mass. Sativum protein is a high quality protein extract that has some serious benefits over standard whey protein extracts.

    First it is extremely high in the prime muscle building components of protein, specifically the essential amino acids Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine, often called the branch chain amino acids. These anabolic muscle builders are the most important part of the protein for building muscle and Leucine is proven to be anabolic! Sativum protein is also rich in Glutamine and glutamine peptides, which are also very important for building muscle and increasing recovery.


    BENEFITS OF Lipotropic PROTEIN:

    * Polyphenols burn fat by increasing mitochondria energy production
    * Higher BCAA and Glutamine levels per 100g
    * Lower Fat and Zero Cholesterol
    * Lower Carbohydrate
    * Zero Lactose means ZERO BLOAT!
    * Improved Nutrient Profile
    * Mixes Instantly

  2. Registered User
    Silver3CSRT8's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    1482

    Saved for final review.
  3. Registered User
    Silver3CSRT8's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    1482

    Like a kid in a candy store I had to have a shake as soon as it arrived. I have pretty much been a whey protein dinker in the past so there were some definite differences that are noted below:

    * Consistencty is definitely different and the Lipotrpic protein is more powdery and sticks to everything.
    * Due to the consistency it is a little messier. For example if your hand rubs the side of the container opening you will have a little protein on your hand. It also sticks to the scooper more than most wheys I have drank.
    * Mixability is awesome. There were no clumps like I have experienced in other proteins.


    Ratings:
    Taste (8oz of Skim Milk) - 9

    You can definitely tell that it is a natural banana flavoring and it has an excellent flavor profile. I wanted to try it first in skim milk because that is how I prefer my protein shakes, but I will be testing in water with my next shake to give that a good test. There is a little bit of an aftertaste with each dink, but it is not bad or something that would make me not want to drink it.

    Mixability (8oz of Skim Milk)
    This is one of the best mixing proteins I have used. Due to the texture of the protein it seems like it is just begging for moisture and when added to the milk and a few shakes in my shaker cup it was mixed up beautifully. I am only using one of the free NutraPlanet shaker cups so it is not one of the fancy ones with the ball so I was very impressed.

    Consistency
    As others have mentioned this protein is a little messier than some others. It is so fine that if you tap the side of the container protein dust will puff up. It is not a major problem, but so far I have had to whipe down the counter top after each use.

    Initial Impressions

    The thing that excited me most about this protein is the potential to aid in fat burning while still ensureing I am getting all the protein I need to build some lean, solid mass. Taste is great, but there is a little after taste to deal with. I am very picky and the aftertaste didn't bother me. I do wish that it was less messy, but I can deal with that with the other advantages of the Lipotropic Protein.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In-Transit
    Posts
    6,913
    Rep Power
    65562

    In Great start man.. are you doing anthing fancy with the protein? taste is a 9/10 huh? seems it just as good as the PB..
  5. Registered User
    Silver3CSRT8's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    1482

    Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    In Great start man.. are you doing anthing fancy with the protein? taste is a 9/10 huh? seems it just as good as the PB..
    If it didn't have the aftertaste it would be a 10. I think you guys hit the nail on the head with the banana flavoring, but it seems like it is hard to cover up the taste of the natural protein.

    I haven't done anything fancy with it yet. I might add some to my oatmeal on Monday morning to see how that tastes.
  6. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Rep Power
    41243

    You forgot to mention you're trying the banana in your 1st two posts Got some PB and Banana coming on Tuesday; keep us updated. Banana will be harder to mask than PB
  7. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In-Transit
    Posts
    6,913
    Rep Power
    65562

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    You forgot to mention you're trying the banana in your 1st two posts Got some PB and Banana coming on Tuesday; keep us updated. Banana will be harder to mask than PB
    your going to love the PB, BW said it tasted like butter finger and she loved it.. so that made me break into the tub, and I love this stuff. I cant wait to try the banana!
  8. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In-Transit
    Posts
    6,913
    Rep Power
    65562

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver3CSRT8 View Post
    If it didn't have the aftertaste it would be a 10. I think you guys hit the nail on the head with the banana flavoring, but it seems like it is hard to cover up the taste of the natural protein.

    I haven't done anything fancy with it yet. I might add some to my oatmeal on Monday morning to see how that tastes.
    cool, !, few guys over at BB.com used it in the oatmeal and are raving it! there using the PB though.. heck may even taste better with the banana
  9. Registered User
    Silver3CSRT8's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    1482

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    You forgot to mention you're trying the banana in your 1st two posts Got some PB and Banana coming on Tuesday; keep us updated. Banana will be harder to mask than PB
    I did say it in my first post, but it was in the middle of my babbling. I made that portion bigger and will be sure it is stated more clearly in my next updates.
  10. Registered User
    subweevil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State College, PA.
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,465
    Rep Power
    1618

    Cool, was kinda interested in this stuff!! I love banana as well, and I'll have to check back in when I have more time to read everything you posted. Thanks for reviewing it bud!! Man, I bet it would taste good with some chocolate protein!!
  11. NutraPlanet Rep
    Board Sponsor
    MrBigPR's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,619
    Rep Power
    5553

    In for this one.

    Note: Next time you decide to throw away some protein, hit me up.
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns
  12. Registered User
    Silver3CSRT8's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    1482

    Today is Day 2 of using LG's new Lipotripic Banana Cream Protein.

    Ratings:
    Taste (10oz of Water) - 9

    I actually think I liked the flavor better in water than I do in skim milk. I used 1 full scoop of Banana protein mixed with 10oz of water. The initial flavor is very good, but there is a little after taste that some might not like. Luckily it is not a lingering aftertaste like I have experienced with some workout drinks. The banana flavoring is very strong and tomorrow my plan is to add a half scoop to my instant cinnamon roll oatmeal to see how that flavor is.

    Mixability (10oz of water)
    In water this protein mixed better than it did in skim milk. I added my 10oz of water, a scoop of Lipotropic protein and then some crushed ice cubes. A few strong shakes in my shaker cup and it was completely mixed with no clumpiness.

    Consistency
    Nothing changed here. I still have not been able get my one scoop of protein without having some on my hand. Part of that is I am clumsy and I always made the buzzer go off in Operations and this is a similar concept. So I make sure to have the wet rag handy and start whiping down the protein container, contertop and shaker cup due to the extra.

    Overall Thoughts on Day 2:
    I am still excited about the profile of this protein and the benefits available. The flavor is different than I have had with whey protein especially with the aftertaste, but it is not a bad difference.
  13. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In-Transit
    Posts
    6,913
    Rep Power
    65562

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver3CSRT8 View Post
    Today is Day 2 of using LG's new Lipotripic Banana Cream Protein.

    Ratings:
    Taste (10oz of Water) - 9

    I actually think I liked the flavor better in water than I do in skim milk. I used 1 full scoop of Banana protein mixed with 10oz of water. The initial flavor is very good, but there is a little after taste that some might not like. Luckily it is not a lingering aftertaste like I have experienced with some workout drinks. The banana flavoring is very strong and tomorrow my plan is to add a half scoop to my instant cinnamon roll oatmeal to see how that flavor is.

    Mixability (10oz of water)
    In water this protein mixed better than it did in skim milk. I added my 10oz of water, a scoop of Lipotropic protein and then some crushed ice cubes. A few strong shakes in my shaker cup and it was completely mixed with no clumpiness.

    Consistency
    Nothing changed here. I still have not been able get my one scoop of protein without having some on my hand. Part of that is I am clumsy and I always made the buzzer go off in Operations and this is a similar concept. So I make sure to have the wet rag handy and start whiping down the protein container, contertop and shaker cup due to the extra.

    Overall Thoughts on Day 2:
    I am still excited about the profile of this protein and the benefits available. The flavor is different than I have had with whey protein especially with the aftertaste, but it is not a bad difference.
    I agree man, this is the best tasting protein when just mixed with water, I'll be honest, i hate mixing protein with water, but this is not the case anymore.
  14. Registered User
    Silver3CSRT8's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    1482

    Today I mixed a little over a half scoop of the Banana Lipotropic protein with my quaker instant oatmeal. I actually liked the flavor quite a bit and it mixed very well with no clumpiness. The only drawback to this is the smell. There is a distinct smell that this protein has. It is not unbearable and it doesn't take away from the flavor. In fact the cinnamon role oatmeal actually covered up the aftertaste.
  15. NutraPlanet Rep
    Board Sponsor
    MrBigPR's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,619
    Rep Power
    5553

    Does this give you gas? Casein gives me crazy gas
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns
  16. Registered User
    MATTYO1977's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    671
    Rep Power
    409

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    Does this give you gas? Casein gives me crazy gas
    You are reading my mind. That was my exact question Silver. I read this entire thing and was expecting a comment on the gas subject. Casein is like agrenade in my belly. Makes me hate my own brand which I am usually particularly fond of.

    Oh, by the way, I am in. I have been a huge fan of the ON stuff but change is a good thing.
  17. Registered User
    Silver3CSRT8's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    1482

    I have noticed an increase in gas, but didn't think it was related to the protein. I figured it was due to the mexican food at lunch on Saturday. LMAO

    I will keep a better ear out for the additional gas and report back.
  18. NutraPlanet Rep
    Board Sponsor
    MrBigPR's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,619
    Rep Power
    5553



    Haven't had mexican in months
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns
  19. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In-Transit
    Posts
    6,913
    Rep Power
    65562

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver3CSRT8 View Post
    I have noticed an increase in gas, but didn't think it was related to the protein. I figured it was due to the mexican food at lunch on Saturday. LMAO

    I will keep a better ear out for the additional gas and report back.
    priceless...
  20. Registered User
    Silver3CSRT8's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    1482

    Today is Day 3 of using LG's new Lipotripic Banana Cream Protein.

    Ratings:
    Taste (10oz of Water) - 9

    This flavor is actually growing on me more and more. I judge a protein powder by whether I actually look forward to my shakes or not. I looked forward to my ON Strawberry, my ATW Cinnabun and I actually look forward to the LG Banana Cream Lipotropic protein. I have gotten used to the aftertaste and it doesn't bother me at all anymore. Today I drank the shake after my chest/tri workout and felt very refreshed afterwards.

    Mixability (10oz of water)
    No complaints whatsoever on mixability. I still prefer the flavor and mixability in water over skim milk. Most proteins I prefer the flavor in skim milk so that is a definite plus. I am able to add the protein to the mixer and then add some bottled water/ice and have a very tasty shake.

    Consistency
    Still very fine powder and still have not been able to make a shake without making a mess on the counter.

    Overall Thoughts on Day 3:
    No complaints on the protein except for the mess. I haven't noticed any major difference by switching to the protein as of day 3. Also, no major gas today so it seems like it was the beans from the other day.
  21. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In-Transit
    Posts
    6,913
    Rep Power
    65562

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver3CSRT8 View Post
    Today is Day 3 of using LG's new Lipotripic Banana Cream Protein.

    Ratings:
    Taste (10oz of Water) - 9

    This flavor is actually growing on me more and more. I judge a protein powder by whether I actually look forward to my shakes or not. I looked forward to my ON Strawberry, my ATW Cinnabun and I actually look forward to the LG Banana Cream Lipotropic protein. I have gotten used to the aftertaste and it doesn't bother me at all anymore. Today I drank the shake after my chest/tri workout and felt very refreshed afterwards.

    Mixability (10oz of water)
    No complaints whatsoever on mixability. I still prefer the flavor and mixability in water over skim milk. Most proteins I prefer the flavor in skim milk so that is a definite plus. I am able to add the protein to the mixer and then add some bottled water/ice and have a very tasty shake.

    Consistency
    Still very fine powder and still have not been able to make a shake without making a mess on the counter.

    Overall Thoughts on Day 3:
    No complaints on the protein except for the mess. I haven't noticed any major difference by switching to the protein as of day 3. Also, no major gas today so it seems like it was the beans from the other day.
    Very nice feedback Silver..Glad your enjoying it.
  22. Registered User
    Silver3CSRT8's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    1482

    Day 4 & 5s review of LG's new Lipotripic Banana Cream Protein.

    Ratings:
    Taste (10oz of Water) - 9

    I am trying to figure out ways to describe the protein that has not been said before. I think a good word for the Banana protein is refreshing. I like my shakes COLD and typically mix it with water and crushed ice for a yummy post workout treat.

    Mixability (10oz of water) - 10
    After reading some other reviews about their experience with mixability I had to try the basic cup with water, protein and a fork. I have not been able to find a whey protein that I was able to successfully mix without some clumpiness. That was not the case with this Lipotropic protein. It mixed completely with absolutely NO clumps at the bottom.

    Consistency - 8
    Still a tad messy, but I am getting better about leaving less of a mess behind.

    Overall Thoughts on Day 5:
    I really like this and feel like this is an added benefit to Glycobol in my quest to lean out. The mirror is being more kind to me every day and I am getting the protein needed with low calories and no bloating. I think I will be trying the peanut butter version next.
  23. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In-Transit
    Posts
    6,913
    Rep Power
    65562

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver3CSRT8 View Post
    Day 4 & 5s review of LG's new Lipotripic Banana Cream Protein.

    Ratings:
    Taste (10oz of Water) - 9

    I am trying to figure out ways to describe the protein that has not been said before. I think a good word for the Banana protein is refreshing. I like my shakes COLD and typically mix it with water and crushed ice for a yummy post workout treat.

    Mixability (10oz of water) - 10
    After reading some other reviews about their experience with mixability I had to try the basic cup with water, protein and a fork. I have not been able to find a whey protein that I was able to successfully mix without some clumpiness. That was not the case with this Lipotropic protein. It mixed completely with absolutely NO clumps at the bottom.

    Consistency - 8
    Still a tad messy, but I am getting better about leaving less of a mess behind.

    Overall Thoughts on Day 5:
    I really like this and feel like this is an added benefit to Glycobol in my quest to lean out. The mirror is being more kind to me every day and I am getting the protein needed with low calories and no bloating. I think I will be trying the peanut butter version next.

    i love the PB flavor.. glad this is working out so well for you..
  24. Registered User
    Silver3CSRT8's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    1482

    I apologize for the lack of updates. Friday was hell at work and spent all day yesterday at the Byron Nelson golf tournament and then watched UFC. I will post a better update later, but yesterday I made a banana smoothie with the LG Lipotropic protein, water, ice and a whole banana. I will say Taste = 10, mixability = 10.

    That was an enjoyable smoothie with no aftertaste and goodness with every drink.
  25. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In-Transit
    Posts
    6,913
    Rep Power
    65562

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver3CSRT8 View Post
    I apologize for the lack of updates. Friday was hell at work and spent all day yesterday at the Byron Nelson golf tournament and then watched UFC. I will post a better update later, but yesterday I made a banana smoothie with the LG Lipotropic protein, water, ice and a whole banana. I will say Taste = 10, mixability = 10.

    That was an enjoyable smoothie with no aftertaste and goodness with every drink.

    dude, its all good...its protein group them together if you have to.
  26. Registered User
    subweevil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State College, PA.
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,465
    Rep Power
    1618

    Cool, thanks for the updates man!!
  27. Registered User
    rbuecker's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ocean City
    Posts
    367
    Rep Power
    296

    hey silver, glad this thread caught my eye. that zero lactose is going to be a winner with me because my body may be intolerant, but i dont listen to it in that respect very well.
  28. Registered User
    Silver3CSRT8's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    1482

    Quote Originally Posted by rbuecker View Post
    hey silver, glad this thread caught my eye. that zero lactose is going to be a winner with me because my body may be intolerant, but i dont listen to it in that respect very well.
    Luckily I grew out of being lactose intolerant as a kid. I still remember eating fruity pebbles with kool-aid because I couldn't drink milk. Luckily these days there are lots more options.
  29. Registered User
    Silver3CSRT8's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    1482

    I am getting close to the bottom of the container and I am running out of ways to test this protein out that will be new. If anyone has any other recommendations let me know and I will be glad to give it a shot.

    So far my thoughts are LG's Lipotropic Protein mixes better than any other protein that I have tried.
    I prefer the flavor in water over skim milk which is what I prefer most other flavors in.
    This has a good banana taste with a little after taste that I could seee some people not liking. It reminds me a little of when I started drinking diet drinks. At first I couldn't stand the aftertaste, but now I don't notice it.
    I will definately buy more, but I think I want to try peanut butter with the next round. That is not because I dislike banana, but if it comes close to butterfinger I am there!

    I will stick with my taste rating of a 9 and mixability as a 10. You barely even have to rinse out the mixer cup to get rid of the remaining protein. Great job on bringing something different to the market that has some added benefits over traditional whey protein.
  30. Registered User
    subweevil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State College, PA.
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,465
    Rep Power
    1618

    Good review buddy!!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 11:19 PM
  2. LG Lipotropic Protein
    By p5sky in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 04:49 PM
  3. LG's PB Lipotropic Protein
    By joebo in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 05:33 PM
  4. Lipotropic Protein
    By mraa in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 08:11 PM
  5. LG's new Lipotropic Protein
    By LatSpread in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-29-2008, 07:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.