LG's PB Lipotropic Protein

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    joebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,074
    Answers
    0

    LG's PB Lipotropic Protein


    A big Thank You to LG for hooking me up to try this new flavor of protein. First thing I noticed when I opened the container is that the PB protein is very heavy and dense, almost moist for a lack of better terms. I can not imagine getting anywhere near 31 scoops out of this. Maybe 12 if I'm lucky.

    Mixability: Like all their protein it mixed perfectly with no issues.

    Taste: As much as I would love to say it was the best PB protein I have ever had, I think it fell extremely short in the flavor department. It doesn't taste bad, but if it was not for the smell, I would never guess this to be PB flavor. Maybe a butter toffee? It tastes great, but I would opt for the regular chocolate over this flavor and I'm a huge PB lover. PB seems extremely hard to pull off and the only company really to come close is AI, but they don't make it anymore and if I recall they said the PB flavoring was extremely expensive.

    Overall after 2 servings I would say its a great protein since i've gone through about 20lbs of the chocolate and 10lbs of the vanilla, but I would honestly go with either the chocolate or the vanilla over this "pb" flavor. Maybe with some tweaking it may be good...

  2. Registered User
    joebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,074
    Answers
    0


    Just drank another shake and heading to the gym in a bit. The taste is actually pretty good after my 3rd serving, but again the PB taste is just not there. I'm going to see what happens if I add a tablespoon of PB to it. To me its seems a bit overly sweet, but still very tasty. If you like the gemma protein its a definate to give a try.
  3. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,913
    Answers
    0


    Im in Folks over at BB.com are saying how much there enjoying it now, few servings in. how is your stomach taking to it ?
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,913
    Answers
    0


    Do keep track of the scoops though
  5. PES Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Delta Force's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,791
    Answers
    0


    I'm in too since it will sometime before I can try mine!

    cheers,
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!
  6. Registered User
    Craigmatthew's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,010
    Answers
    0


    Awesome, I'm jealous! I havn't even tried this
  7. Registered User
    joebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,074
    Answers
    0


    4th scoop this morning before work in milk and the taste was bit much to take. Overly sweet. I don't know how to describe the taste, but I really loved the Lipo Chocolate, but this PB is just too too sweet. I'm estimating about 10 scoops left in the tub. I'll take pictures of what is left tonight if I have some free time.
  8. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,913
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post
    4th scoop this morning before work in milk and the taste was bit much to take. Overly sweet. I don't know how to describe the taste, but I really loved the Lipo Chocolate, but this PB is just too too sweet. I'm estimating about 10 scoops left in the tub. I'll take pictures of what is left tonight if I have some free time.
    10 scoops left? hum...
  9. Registered User
    joebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,074
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    10 scoops left? hum...
    The powder is extremely dense and the scooper is a typical size. I've tried shaking it up to "fluff" it up, but it doesn't help.Consistancy is totally different from the original chocolate and vanilla flavors. Its dense and sticks to everything. Your arm gets coated when you try to take a scoop out.
  10. Registered User
    vadox6466's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    309
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post
    The powder is extremely dense and the scooper is a typical size. I've tried shaking it up to "fluff" it up, but it doesn't help.Consistancy is totally different from the original chocolate and vanilla flavors. Its dense and sticks to everything. Your arm gets coated when you try to take a scoop out.
    do you have a gram scale? Id be curious how much a single scoop weighs, and comparing that value to the serving size (in grams) on the side
  11. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,913
    Answers
    0


    I just busted into mine, dam i love this stuff, its almost like a butter finger with a nutty after taste.....
  12. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,174
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post
    4th scoop this morning before work in milk and the taste was bit much to take. Overly sweet. I don't know how to describe the taste, but I really loved the Lipo Chocolate, but this PB is just too too sweet. I'm estimating about 10 scoops left in the tub. I'll take pictures of what is left tonight if I have some free time.
    Have you tried it with just water (asking, since I only ever use water to 'mix' my protein/for shakes, etc.)? How does it taste?
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  13. Registered User
    joebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,074
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    I just busted into mine, dam i love this stuff, its almost like a butter finger with a nutty after taste.....
    Interesting... I wonder if flavoring and consistancy was off from tub to tub.
  14. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,913
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Have you tried it with just water (asking, since I only ever use water to 'mix' my protein/for shakes, etc.)? How does it taste?
    I have used water in both flavors, and its great!.. Sometimes with protein its just to watered down, mixing this with water reminds me of some shakes with milk
  15. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,913
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post
    Interesting... I wonder if flavoring and consistancy was off from tub to tub.

    Shouldnt be... could be taste buds.
  16. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,174
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    I have used water in both flavors, and its great!.. Sometimes with protein its just to watered down, mixing this with water reminds me of some shakes with milk
    If the texture is anything like the original vanilla, then even in water, it will be a thick, grainy, "creamy" shake.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  17. Registered User
    CopyCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,262
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    If the texture is anything like the original vanilla, then even in water, it will be a thick, grainy, "creamy" shake.
    That's exactly what it's like mixed in water.

    And to me it's a bit much. Kinda not right as far as the flavor, maybe a bit strong. Tomorrow I'm going to mix it in even more water to see if that's good for me. I don't like the idea of having to mix it with that much water, but hey whatever. I usually try and always mix with as little water as possible, 8oz or so.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  18. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,913
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    If the texture is anything like the original vanilla, then even in water, it will be a thick, grainy, "creamy" shake.
    I dont know, I would call it a light creamy shake, I use 2 scoops with about 11-12oz of water.. now I have heard THICK, I was thinking a heavy muscle milk kinda thick, clearly not the case here, maybe its me
  19. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,174
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    I dont know, I would call it a light creamy shake, I use 2 scoops with about 11-12oz of water.. now I have heard THICK, I was thinking a heavy muscle milk kinda thick, clearly not the case here, maybe its me
    I didn't mind the thickness (I used 2 scoops with only 8oz water; the water content makes a difference). Guess I'll just find out when I get some
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  20. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,913
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    I didn't mind the thickness (I used 2 scoops with only 8oz water; the water content makes a difference). Guess I'll just find out when I get some
    I havent used the original so I can not compare the two. I have never found a protein that went so well with just water, LG's is perfect it does make it thicker/creamy but with the water, its perfection IMO. If you enjoyed the first, you should have your socks blown off with the 2nd go around..
  21. Registered User
    joebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,074
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    I havent used the original so I can not compare the two. I have never found a protein that went so well with just water, LG's is perfect it does make it thicker/creamy but with the water, its perfection IMO. If you enjoyed the first, you should have your socks blown off with the 2nd go around..
    While I can not say i'm a huge fan of the PB flavor, overall it tastes good, just not like PB to me. I will add that this Lipotropic protein is the best tasting of any protein in water. For some reason whey tends to lose most of its flavor in water, while this keeps it all. I actually prefer LGs protein in water over milk which is complete opposite of whey.
  22. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,174
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    I havent used the original so I can not compare the two. I have never found a protein that went so well with just water, LG's is perfect it does make it thicker/creamy but with the water, its perfection IMO. If you enjoyed the first, you should have your socks blown off with the 2nd go around..
    Yep, I loved the original with water (always use water to mix my protein powder). Can't wait to try the new stuff
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  23. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,913
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Yep, I loved the original with water (always use water to mix my protein powder). Can't wait to try the new stuff
    well I just has a shake and used your 8oz of water, with 2 scoops, now that is a Thick shake, huge difference compared to my 11oz and I mean huge!
  24. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,913
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post
    While I can not say i'm a huge fan of the PB flavor, overall it tastes good, just not like PB to me. I will add that this Lipotropic protein is the best tasting of any protein in water. For some reason whey tends to lose most of its flavor in water, while this keeps it all. I actually prefer LGs protein in water over milk which is complete opposite of whey.

    Im loving this stuff, you are right with with water, I have yet to use milk, and will not us it. no flavoring is lost here, which is nuts with any protein, whats your scoop count looking like?
  25. Registered User
    Gator Alum 03's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    454
    Answers
    0


    Gotta agree with Joebo here. This tastes nothing like PB to me either.
  26. Registered User
    joebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,074
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    Im loving this stuff, you are right with with water, I have yet to use milk, and will not us it. no flavoring is lost here, which is nuts with any protein, whats your scoop count looking like?
    I'm at roughly 8 scoops in and would think I have roughly 8 left. It could be deceiving and I may have more, but there is no way in hell there is anywhere remotely near 31 scoops in this container. If I did not receive it for free, I would be very pissed off with the contents... Other than that everything is pretty good.
  27. Registered User
    joebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,074
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Alum 03 View Post
    Gotta agree with Joebo here. This tastes nothing like PB to me either.
    Yeh, it smells like PB, but to me tastes nothing like it. I could almost see like a butter nut toffee or something like that. I also think it is overly sweet. I personally enjoyed the original chocolate much more. I'm hoping they didn't tweak that too much and make it this sweet.
  28. Registered User
    Young Gotti's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,345
    Answers
    0


    hopefully this will be better than the choclate and vanilla...i have tried both flavors and didn't enjoy either of them...way to thick for me also...and maybe it's just me but everyone else says this stuff mixes amazing...but not for me...i have huge clumps stuck to the sit of my cup and at the bottom...not a fan of it...got 5lbs for $15 tho so i can't really complain
  29. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,174
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    well I just has a shake and used your 8oz of water, with 2 scoops, now that is a Thick shake, huge difference compared to my 11oz and I mean huge!
    It's all good, though. Kind of reminds me of the porridge re texture that mum used to make when I was little.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  30. Registered User
    joebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,074
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    hopefully this will be better than the choclate and vanilla...i have tried both flavors and didn't enjoy either of them...way to thick for me also...and maybe it's just me but everyone else says this stuff mixes amazing...but not for me...i have huge clumps stuck to the sit of my cup and at the bottom...not a fan of it...got 5lbs for $15 tho so i can't really complain
    Mixability with this new formula and the original I thought was top notch. No clumps whatsoever. Are you using a shaker or just a fork/spoon? I used to just use a fork and it would mix virutually perfectly
  31. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,385
    Answers
    1


    dang i wish i could tried this stuff. LGS website always charged me huge shipping prices and i didnt get picked to log :/
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  32. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,129
    Answers
    1


    very good feedback joebo, especially on the taste which ive heard extremes of amazing to your thought of it not tasting like pb, but being god nonetheless
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
    Sign up for INSANE deals via our newsletter: www.mninsider.com
  33. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,913
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post
    Mixability with this new formula and the original I thought was top notch. No clumps whatsoever. Are you using a shaker or just a fork/spoon? I used to just use a fork and it would mix virutually perfectly
    funny... for the first time today, I used a spoon to mix it in a glass and was shocked to how well it mixed i had 0 clumps, only used one scoop though
  34. Registered User
    joebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,074
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    funny... for the first time today, I used a spoon to mix it in a glass and was shocked to how well it mixed i had 0 clumps, only used one scoop though
    I hate having to dirty so many shakers throughout the day. This is why I love this lipotropic protein so much. Just pour some water or milk in a cup and a few stirs with a fork and its mixed. I find a fork tends to "blend" it up a bit better than a spoon does though. Try that with whey and you will always have a clumpy mess.... My main complaint with this new stuff is its overly sweet. I'm gonna order a tub of the chocolate when it comes to NP and hopefully its not too much different from the previous versions.
  35. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,913
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post
    I hate having to dirty so many shakers throughout the day. This is why I love this lipotropic protein so much. Just pour some water or milk in a cup and a few stirs with a fork and its mixed. I find a fork tends to "blend" it up a bit better than a spoon does though. Try that with whey and you will always have a clumpy mess.... My main complaint with this new stuff is its overly sweet. I'm gonna order a tub of the chocolate when it comes to NP and hopefully its not too much different from the previous versions.
    It is sweet, its a hit for some, and not a hit for others, and thats great to hear what you dont like about it, and value what you have to say
    Our New Chocolate should be in at the end of the month also..
  36. Registered User
    Craigmatthew's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,010
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Alum 03 View Post
    Gotta agree with Joebo here. This tastes nothing like PB to me either.
    Keep the feedback coming guys, this was released early to get feedback on this and make the changes that are needed.

  37. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,913
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Craigmatthew View Post
    Keep the feedback coming guys, this was released early to get feedback on this and make the changes that are needed.


    Thats why we call it testing
  38. Registered User
    Liftergym33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,913
    Answers
    0


    Well..any update?
  39. Registered User
    joebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,074
    Answers
    0


    Well, I got a total of ~21 scoops out of the tub and to be completely honest the last couple servings made me feel almost sick from how sweet and funky tasting this stuff is. I think it seems so odd that some seem to think this tastes like pb and yet mine tastes nothing like it. I would HIGHLY recommend this goes back to the development stage to perfect the flavor and leave out some of the sweetners. I'm interested in trying the chocolate again, and really hope it didn't get overly sweet.

    To sum it up:

    Taste: I would not recommend this flavor really to anyone. Their chocolate is 200% better tasting in my eyes. I'm not sure if some settling occured, but the bottom half of the container tasted even sweeter and I had to actually choke it down. I give it about a 3 out of 10 on taste

    Mixibility: Can't beat this stuff for mixibility. Mixes great, not clumps. 10 out of 10

    Overall: I will give the chocolate a shot in hopes that didn't get grossly re-flavored. I'm pretty stocked up on ATW protein right now from the crazy sales, but if NP runs a super sale on this stuff, i'll pick up chocolate to try. I would recommend you steer clear of the PB flavor. Also, I got 10 less servings than listed on the container. Even at a great price, this would have me concerned.
  40. Registered User
    Gator Alum 03's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    454
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post
    Well, I got a total of ~21 scoops out of the tub and to be completely honest the last couple servings made me feel almost sick from how sweet and funky tasting this stuff is. I think it seems so odd that some seem to think this tastes like pb and yet mine tastes nothing like it. I would HIGHLY recommend this goes back to the development stage to perfect the flavor and leave out some of the sweetners. I'm interested in trying the chocolate again, and really hope it didn't get overly sweet.

    To sum it up:

    Taste: I would not recommend this flavor really to anyone. Their chocolate is 200% better tasting in my eyes. I'm not sure if some settling occured, but the bottom half of the container tasted even sweeter and I had to actually choke it down. I give it about a 3 out of 10 on taste

    Mixibility: Can't beat this stuff for mixibility. Mixes great, not clumps. 10 out of 10

    Overall: I will give the chocolate a shot in hopes that didn't get grossly re-flavored. I'm pretty stocked up on ATW protein right now from the crazy sales, but if NP runs a super sale on this stuff, i'll pick up chocolate to try. I would recommend you steer clear of the PB flavor. Also, I got 10 less servings than listed on the container. Even at a great price, this would have me concerned.
    Between me getting only 20 scoops out of mine and this protein tasting pretty much like dirt, I was pretty disappointed. Hopefully they do go back to perfect the flavor because I like the profile of this protein a lot.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Lipotropic protein....no more
    By justiceTX in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 04:43 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 11:19 PM
  3. LG Lipotropic Protein
    By p5sky in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 04:49 PM
  4. LG's Lipotropic Protein
    By bassgod272 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 06:41 AM
  5. lipotropic protein?
    By MHA in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 09:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in