Dmillz's Asteroid Stack/Prime Log With Pics!

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
My purpose is to add muscle mass I've decided to log my experience as I have not used prime before and want to track my progress as I have had great experience with the other supps that make up the Asteroid Stack.I started in Feb with the 6 pack stack as part of a recomp getting back into lifting after some time off due to knee injury I lowered my body fat from 16.5 down to around 11.5 in 8 weeks now looking to add some more LBM while still losing fat. I will be running this for 8 weeks.

My diet
cals will be at or slightly above maintenance
macros will be 40/40/20 CHO coming mainly from oats, rice, and sweet potatoes

Supps
AP-3 a day on non workoutdays 2 on workout days
Pslin- 1 preworkout
Powerfull- 2 before fasted cardio and 3 before bed 6 nights a week
Prime- 69 protocol
Creatine Mono- 25 grms 3 days on 3 days off
Fish oil
Xtend
Bulk EAA

Training
5x5 3 day split
Fasted Cardio 3 Days a Week
Sat Off Day

As of 5/4/09 I've subbed bulk 1 carboxy 1.5 grams pre bed 1.5 pre workout and supersap 1.8 grams 3 x ED 6 days a week for the PFULL

as of 5/13 I'm subbing yellow gold for AP I ran out of AP and still have some Bulk YG so I will use this until it's gone

I'm looking forward to getting started I am interested to see how the HST will workout I usually do a 5x5 type workout but started HST on monday and will continue through the end of this run. I will start dosing prime on Sunday I was also thinking of adding a test booster like DTHC or something anyone with any input on this would be appreciated.

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
Okay so I started my run late I had to go to the doc and get put on antibiotics for a week so that delayed my start and when I did start I was kinda like what the hell and didnt really feel like posting so a week went bye and I weighed myself sunday and I had gained 4 lbs IN A WEEK!! Now this was very suprising to me as I have never done any PH/PS or anything and I have always been in a recomp/cutting mode as I tend to get complacent when I get where I want to be and so I'll stop lifting for a while and put on some fat and then just recomp again but I say again 4 lbs in a week without and change in diet cals are at or slightly above maintenance now I have been taking everything in the six pack stack except for prime for the last 2 1/2 to 3 months and started dosing prime a week ago sunday looking forward to the next 7 weeks :)

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
hmmmmmm. subbed.:wave2:
yea thats what I said I didnt really notice any real strength gains or extra aggression I do feel a little tighter/harder but honestly I was really considering stopping the prime because the first couple times I took it preworkout I felt real lethargic and I couldnt even finish my workout but by the end of the week that feeling went away and then sunday I stepped on the scale and I was like:yikes:
that cant be right and so I weighed myself again on monday same thing so I dunno we'll see how the rest goes

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
I decided to switch the training from HST to a 5x5 I found getting the full workout in under an hour very difficult so back to the tried and true 5x5 Mon, Wed, Fri full body.

so today I took 3 powerfull with my 3 prime 30 min pre workout and Damn!! the weight really did seem lighter I might start doing this every workout day it was a very solid workout I will weigh in on sunday

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I decided to switch the training from HST to a 5x5 I found getting the full workout in under an hour very difficult so back to the tried and true 5x5 Mon, Wed, Fri full body.

so today I took 3 powerfull with my 3 prime 30 min pre workout and Damn!! the weight really did seem lighter I might start doing this every workout day it was a very solid workout I will weigh in on sunday
Sounds awesome, you cant beat a good 5x5. Im running a DC split right now, just started.

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established

One week before starting prime about 12.5% BF @ 205LB

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
still recomping with more of an emphasis on building strength and muscle as to losing fat I'd like to get down to around 10% BF I think I can do that by the end of this run

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
still recomping with more of an emphasis on building strength and muscle as to losing fat I'd like to get down to around 10% BF I think I can do that by the end of this run
Oh yeah easily. keep up the good work.

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
2 weeks in the books weight today was 212 LBS body fat 11.1% man I dont know what is going on but I have never gained this much weight in this short amount of time I have been trying to figure out why I'm not eating much more than maintenance at most some days it might be 200 cals over but most of the time its between 50-100 cals over weight gain was not really the goal for this run but hell I'll take it on another note strength is up just starting my 5x5 so working to PR'S should be there by the end of week 4 so the last four weeks will be a test granted I've never been @ 212 LBS before so that in it self should increase my PR's all in all I'm lovin prime!!!!

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
workout today was amazing just started deadlifts again today first time since I started training again that I've done those I usually do SLDL's but it felt good to blast some dead's
on another note body composition is changing almost daily like every morning I wake up and look bigger and leaner I keep wanting to jump the gun and increase weight because it feels too light sometimes but I dont wanna burn out I here that can happen easy so slow and steady. So far week 3 has been good to me :)

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
pics look awesome, what u way, likke 200lbs?

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
3 weeks in the book weight is 211.8 lbs body fat is down to 10.5 % strength is still great each week I'm increasing weight on my core lifts with my 5x5 program and I keep wanting to go more than 5 lbs but I dont want to burn out so i'll keep going slow and steady but I'll be getting to PR's by the end of next week

on another note I've run out of powerfull so I will be using bulk 1-carboxy and bulk supersap

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
workout yesterday was probably the best I've had since I started training again strength was through the roof I had great aggression and was strong all the way through I started Dominatp on wed I've never used anything with beta alanine in it before so the tingles were kinda intense but I'm getting used to them its a good pre workout IMO any ways still looking lean and muscles are looking fuller still need to lose some fat around my lower back and love handles and a little on my chest but I'm more focused on gaining muscle and strength I'll run a slight cut after I finish this run depending on what my BF looks like I'll post weight and BF tomarrow

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
on another note I've run out of powerfull so I will be using bulk 1-carboxy and bulk supersap
That should work out nicely, too.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
workout yesterday was probably the best I've had since I started training again strength was through the roof I had great aggression and was strong all the way through I started Dominatp on wed I've never used anything with beta alanine in it before so the tingles were kinda intense but I'm getting used to them its a good pre workout IMO any ways still looking lean and muscles are looking fuller still need to lose some fat around my lower back and love handles and a little on my chest but I'm more focused on gaining muscle and strength I'll run a slight cut after I finish this run depending on what my BF looks like I'll post weight and BF tomarrow
Nice to know you are enjoying your stack. The beta-alanine tingles will subside over time, the more carnosine stores are filled.

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
today was fasted cardio I added some refresh to my usual stack before my cardio 3 caps and I felt a little more focused I was able to keep my heart rate where I wanted it easier my last cardio session on thurs wasnt that great I felt like I just didnt want to be there just real tired but today was better

weight today was 210.5 bodyfat was 10.2 % so thats about another pound or so of fat lost

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
dang your a big boy. i tried DTH and ill tell you that i loved it. you can check out the log in my signiture. on page 1 and page 7 i got pics. DTH gave me 12lbs in one month of pure muscle!!!!! If i ever hit a plateau again i got DTH WITH ME!

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
dang your a big boy. i tried DTH and ill tell you that i loved it. you can check out the log in my signiture. on page 1 and page 7 i got pics. DTH gave me 12lbs in one month of pure muscle!!!!! If i ever hit a plateau again i got DTH WITH ME!
Yea I've been looking at DTH I'll problably give it a try when I finish the prime

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
as of today I've upped the prime to 12/9 12 on workout days 9 on non workout days 6 days a week

here is my training schedule I've been doing for the last 4 weeks

Mon
Squats 5x5 a$$ to tha floor
Bench 5x5
Bent over BB Rows 5x5
Close grip bench press 5x5
Standing calf raises 3x8
Weighted chins 2x8
Weighted decline situps 3x12
Weighted Hypers 2x12
Seated preacher curls 2x8
Skull crushes 2x8

WED
Deadlifts 4x5
Incline bench 5x5
Decline weighted situps 3x12
Hypers2x12
Underhand grip bent over BB rows 3x8
Weighted Dips 3x8
Standing calf raises 3x8

FRI
Same as monday

I also do 2x8 sets of Dumbell lateral raises
and 4 x8 sets of Barbell shrugs front and back I do these on different days but done at some point during the week I increase load by 5 lbs on each excercise this is done on fri

my current pre workout supps are as follows UPDATED AS OF 5/23
1 cap pslin
1 gram super cissus
1.8 grams supersap
2 grams 1 carboxy
3 caps prime
3 scoops dominatp
1 scoop jack3d
3 caps refresh
I feel like a freakin animal in the gym

michaelr7170

Awards
sub'd for the last half!.. great work so far man.. anxious to see the final results

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
Alright first PR so far on incline BB bench 220LBS x 7 I was on my last set and I'm doing 5x5 but I asked for a spot and after 5 reps I just nailed it and pushed out 2 more and I did one more but it was a forced rep and I only got it about 3/4 of the way and got stuck but anyway great workout went to 275 on deads this is the heaviest I've gone since I started training again I had a knee injury that kept me out for about 18 months so legs are real weak but I was satisfied with the 275 looking to get my deads and squats back in the 300's by the end of this run.

I've also been playing around with the dosing of the prime I'm up to 12 caps on workout days and monday I did 4 caps 3 x's a day today I'm gonna try 4 pre workout and 2 4 x's a day see how that works

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
progress is coming along nice bro. your swoll!

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
progress is coming along nice bro. your swoll!
Thanks for the kind words bro I'll tell you I really liked prime dosing 6/9 but since I bumped it up to 9/12 it's pretty fukin awesome the workouts are so intense I love it :)

michaelr7170

Awards
Thanks for the kind words bro I'll tell you I really liked prime dosing 6/9 but since I bumped it up to 9/12 it's pretty fukin awesome the workouts are so intense I love it :)
When you say you dose 6/9 or 9/12 what exactly to you mean haha??

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
Well I was following the 69 protocol 6 caps on non workout days and 9 on workout days 6 days a week and now I'm doing 9 on non WO days and 12 on workout days

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome! :food:

michaelr7170

Awards
Well I was following the 69 protocol 6 caps on non workout days and 9 on workout days 6 days a week and now I'm doing 9 on non WO days and 12 on workout days
ahh ok makes sense.. thanks

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Breakfast of champions baby! This is looking pretty good man.

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
and how much did u pay for this stack?
Umm I didn't by it as a stack I was already using powerfull and AP and decided to throw prime in the mix just started my 3rd bottle today so as far as price do the math the first 2 bottles of prime were part of the 2 pack deal at np

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
well started jack3d on monday and I have to say I think thats what I've been missing is a good preworkout supp havent used one in years I've been mixing 1-1 /2 scoops of jack3d with 3 scoops dominatp and this weeks workouts have been the best I've had in a long time tested my self a little at the end of my squat sets I was feelin good so I through 275 up for just 2 reps to see how it felt and it was good got nice and deep way past paralell as I do all my squats :D so my leg strength is coming back my goal for 315 LBs x 5 by the end of this run is lookin good tomarrow is weigh in and BF %

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear on the depth of your squats. Not too many people do "real" squats anymore. Usually they squat down to a bench or so and all it does is take from their workout. When I squat, depth to me is more important than weight, I go as low as I possibly can.

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear on the depth of your squats. Not too many people do "real" squats anymore. Usually they squat down to a bench or so and all it does is take from their workout. When I squat, depth to me is more important than weight, I go as low as I possibly can.
yea I know what you mean I see this dude at one of the gyms I go to puts 3 plates on the smith and ever so slightly bends his knees and I'm like :wtf: then he goes to the bench puts 2 plates on and again ever so slightly bends his elbows :pat: I just dont know sometimes :dunno:

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
weight was 211.5 body fat 9.9% strength was crazy the last 3 workouts I'm getting to where I'll be hitting PR's on bench every workout from here on now I cant give all the credit to prime I've been busting ass and eating real clean with only 2-3 cheat days since the end of january. I am about 30 lbs heavier than before my injury so I should be able to lift more now compared to then and I'm as lean now as I was then

on another note last week I felt a little funny on friday morning and actually thurs night as well I just felt like I couldnt breathe and it was kinda weird but the more I thought about it the worse it got and I was having almost a panic attack but when I worked out I felt no shortness of breath and had no limitations but afterward when I would take my yellow gold and eat it happend again and it really freaked me out I think upping the dose in prime was making me feel very anxious so I am going back to the 6-9 dosing schedule

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
Hit another PR today on incline BB bench 225x8 thats 5 lbs up from last week and 1 more rep :D but Im gonna have to stop going those extra reps no more than 6 I dont want to risk overtraining but 6 just felt too easy :nervous:

got deadlifts to 295 lbs x 3 I think I'm gonna drop these back to 4x5 thats what I've been doing but the last 2 weeks I've been doing 5x5 but I think its too much volume for me right now as I want to get my Deads back up to 315x5 so I'll increase the load by 15% each set to 295 lbs

since lowering the dose of prime back to 6/9 the anxiety has subsided man I did not like that feeling like being choked by a really weak guy :eek: I really did enjoy the extra one before workouts 4 was deff better than 3 but prolly wont do that again for a while maybe on the next run :dunno:

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
here is todays workout

Deadlift

160x5
195x5
225x5
260x5
295x3

Incline BB bench

145x5
165x5
185x5
205x5
225x8

Weighted situps 45 degree decline

25x12
25x12
25x12

Weighted chins wide (as wide as possible with an underhand grip)

BW+ 15lbs x 8

Weighted Pullups Wide
BW+ 15lbs x6

I usually do 3x8 sets of weighted dips but I only got 5 reps and I started cramping my delts are fried!

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
Injury!!!!

Injury!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!! :frustrate damn well the cramping that I felt on wed is now more of a strain of some sort my left front delt was real sore yesterday and a little this morning but I thought if I got warmed up and stretched out it would be ok and it was for the most part but something deep in my right chest/shoulder area is feeling strained I got half way through my 3 set of BB bench and it didnt feel good no popping or anything which is good but damn I was ready to tear shite up I was feeling real good was going for 245x5 on my last set today which I would have owned but damn had to cut upper body short did some seated low rows on the cable and some iso work but anything compound was out of the question no pushing movements and man I was dissapointed :mad:

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
fasted cardio today decided to jack up my cardio and dominatp it... 3 scoops dominatp 1 scoop jack3d i usually use some leucine but ran out so i needed some leucine in comes dominatp nice cardio session shoulder is feeling better hopefully good enough to lift tomarrow

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
weight today was 212.4 lbs body fat was 9.9-10.5 % I did it 3 times and the first one I got was 10.2 the next was 10.5 and the last 9.9 so I'll take the middle 10.2% cardio was slack last week just 1 time I will pick it up this week at least 2 days of fasted cardio

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Where are you getting you BF% numbers from each day if I may ask?

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
Where are you getting you BF% numbers from each day if I may ask?
do u mean what kind of caliper or where am I taking measurements I use a fat trac acumeasure and skinfold on chest abdomin and thigh chest was 5-6 thigh was 7-8 and abdomin was 21-23 I do it once a week on sundays