ULTIMA: The Hunt for a Stim-Free Pre-WO solution (Sponsored)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Product Info

ULTIMA FAQ Guide and Feedback

<INTRO>
A quick recap of the last few months. I was bulking up last fall, did a run of Prime in late November; then had finals/cut for Christmas. Returned to the gym in January, and 2 days back I smashed a 75lb of my right ring finger; couldn't use my right hand for a long time. I've got back into using it with lifting straps, however I still find it isn't ready for deadlifts/powercleans yet.

Partly because of the injury, partly because I discovered Ultra Peptide Chocolate + PB = Oh Henry, I managed to put on some unwanted fat. I was up over 180 just over a week ago; I've cut about 3 lbs of that off. Looking to continue the fat loss, but still gain strength. Recomp is possible with a strict diet and good planning.

I'm hoping that Ultima can provide the focus I need in the gym; I don't think I will be using it pre-cardio because I would like to take Poseidon to replace my electrolytes. I will adhere to whatever Omega/Matt wishes me to do. I would just like to thank them again for giving me the opportunity to try their product. As a quick primer about my PreWO supp experience, I used JP8 heavily in the fall; I've also tried Jack3d, White Flood and Ragnarok, RPM, SMASH, I'll expand on these in further posts.

<DIET>
Aiming for ~2400 calories to cut. 220g Carbs, 200g Protein, 80g Fat (37/33/30)

Meal 1: Oats w/ Berries + Whey Protein
Workout: BCAAs
Meal 2 (PWO): Carbs + Protein (Same as meal 1, or chicken + sweetpotato, yogurt, etc)
Meal 3, 4, & 5: Protein and Fats, with some veggies. Typically Omelets, Stews, Chilis, Fish or Homemade burgers.
Meal 6: Casein Shake Prebed with Coconut Oil.

<VITALS>
5'11.5, ~177lbs, bf 14-15% est., Scorpio

<SUPPLEMENTS>
NOW Adam
Vit D (3000 IU's/day)
Poseidon
ALCAR (3g/day)
Green Tea Extract + Grapeseed Extract (2x500+100mg)
Supercissus (4/day)
CLA (6g/day)
Sesamin (4mL/ day)
Anabolic Pump + 20% Corosolic Acid
Milk Thistle (3x300mg/day)
Primordial TRS (EndoAmp + Sustain Alpha + Toco-8)
MST's ZMK (3 caps)
L-Dopa (1.8g of 50%, 2-3x/day)
DCP during Cardio
BCAA's (5-10g IntraWO, if allowed)

<WORKOUT>
Cardio: 50 mins elliptical work, fasted, Mon Wed & Thurs.
Weights:
Day 1: Chest & Back
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: Legs, Abs & Obliques
Day 4: Deadlifts/Powercleans (Optional)
Day 5: Shoulders/Arms
Day 6: Rest

Due to the nature of Ultima, this log will be a bit technical. However I'll have a fun one in late April/early May. This is a work in progress, but I wanted to get it started since I dosed yesterday.

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mon. March 16: Day 1:

7:55 Wake up, AP, 2 DCP, Cissus, 1.8g L-Dopa, BCAA's & Leucine, GTE
8:10-9 Elliptical, 2 sc. Poseidon, BCAA's & Leucine
9:15 Shower, Sustain Alpha , EndoAmp
9:30 Oats + Whey, Multivitamin
11:50 0.5 Sc. Ultima
12:30-1:20 : Gym (Shoulders)
1:40: PWO Meal , then P+F meals onwards

Comments:
I was a bit tired as I only got 8 hours of sleep. However after taking the 0.5 scoop of Ultima sublingually, I began to forget/not notice this. However in the gym while resting, I would sort of zone out, stare at myself in the mirror, then get zone back in and do my reps.

Workout went well; decent DOMS in the shoulders, Tri-Sets will do that to you! Excellent sleep; not sure if this is attributable to ULTIMA but today was the 2nd day of the 2 I take off from L-Dopa, and I only woke up once during the night. Slept right thru until my 7:55 alarm which is quite rare.

Tues March 17: St Patty's/Rest Day. The goal is to keep the alcohol consumption moderate, 6 drinks max tonight. I've chatted with a few of you about rebalancing priorities; I went out a fair bit and didn't drink, but after getting tanked and having an awesome time, I'm trying to make the 2 worlds work in harmony. I know all too well what alcohol does to estrogen, and I'm not about to go get drunk. However I think I can work in 1 night of drinking/week, and I've taken Milk Thistle as a little precaution. As you are likely aware, Milk Thistle (Specifically Silymarin) decreases the androgen receptor . I don't think this will have a large effect on my gains/training, however it is worth nothing.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sub'd

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
subbd, I'm in... we'll compare notes with Iron Lungz log

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Subscribed!
Hey, try the dose at least once sublingual (with no water). I like the taste so much more. It's like candy, I swear!

Good luck!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Dtrain, Bolt, Xjsynx, and Dormantfiber. Thanks for subbing :)

Subscribed!
Hey, try the dose at least once sublingual (with no water). I like the taste so much more. It's like candy, I swear!

Good luck!
Yup; that's what I did on Day 1. 0.5 scoops under the tongue, did it in ~4 mini-scoops. I was thinking to myself that Omega should make the scoop 1/2 the size, which would make it easier for people who take 1/2 before and 1/2 after. It would then become 1 mini scooper before & intra.

I'm going to up it to 1 full scoop tomorrow; I will do 0.5 beforehand, and 0.5 intra, although I would like to try 1 full scoop PreWO as I feel this would allow it to hit me before my workout, but I'll follow whatever protocol Omega suggests.

Clarification Questions for OMEGA: On non-ULTIMA days, should I take my usual 4g of BA. Also should i get my 10g of Creatine Mono? I will be taking ULTIMA 4x/week I would imagine.

V

vadox6466

This is cool -- I finally get to see the famous Steveoph train..

AND with Ultima! Good luck :)

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Rock on Steveoph. You've got a nice supp regimen there.

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
Hey Dtrain, Bolt, Xjsynx, and Dormantfiber. Thanks for subbing :)

Yup; that's what I did on Day 1. 0.5 scoops under the tongue, did it in ~4 mini-scoops. I was thinking to myself that Omega should make the scoop 1/2 the size, which would make it easier for people who take 1/2 before and 1/2 after. It would then become 1 mini scooper before & intra.

I'm going to up it to 1 full scoop tomorrow; I will do 0.5 beforehand, and 0.5 intra, although I would like to try 1 full scoop PreWO as I feel this would allow it to hit me before my workout, but I'll follow whatever protocol Omega suggests.

Clarification Questions for OMEGA: On non-ULTIMA days, should I take my usual 4g of BA. Also should i get my 10g of Creatine Mono? I will be taking ULTIMA 4x/week I would imagine.
I believe the scoop size will be altered in the final product. As for the off days if you like I see no problem in dosing some creatine and beta alanine as long as this has been your normal protocol for awhile. 10 grams man??? Damn. :eek:

Also the under the tongue method produces the most pronounced effect IMO.

androgenic

androgenic

Awards
I believe the scoop size will be altered in the final product. As for the off days if you like I see no problem in dosing some creatine and beta alanine as long as this has been your normal protocol for awhile. 10 grams man??? Damn. :eek:

Also the under the tongue method produces the most pronounced effect IMO.
Agreed.

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
Just dump it straight under the tongue, huh? That's easy enough...

Subb'd! :thumbsup:
It actually tastes pretty good and foams up quite nice LOL. I will warn you due to the b-vitamins there is some serious "orange" coloration. It will color your hands, mouth teeth etc.. I always end up with orange color on my nose. :D

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It actually taste pretty good and foams up quite nice LOL. I will warn you due to the b-vitamins there is some serious "orange" coloration. It will color your hands, mouth teeth etc.. I always end up with orange color on my nose. :D
It comes off the teeth pretty quickly I found, but the orange tongue lasts a bit lol. I took about 3/4 beforehand today, and the top of my tongue was very tingly afterwards, likey from the BA. Also I noticed a slight flush/redness, not uncomfortable like a niacin flush, but my forearms were noticeably red during my workout; didn't check my face in the mirror. Also it looked like the deep veins were more noticeable in my forearms, but perhaps I was just really pushing myself during my Arms/Back WO. Will post full update this evening.

And the 10g of Creatine Mono is 5g Pre and 5g Post, sometimes I do 3-4g instead, but it's so cheap it's just a maintenance dose and I don't get any bloat.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 2:
Cardio: 8:15-9:05
50 Minutes Fasted Cardio (While reading Seth's new book :D)
9:30: Oats + Whey + Berries
11:00 0.75sc. ULTIMA Sublingually
11:30 0.25sc. "" "" "" , Workout until 12:20
12:30 Meal (1c. Oatbran, Whey, Cocoa Powder)
4 x Protein + Fats + Veggie Meals

Workout:
1a) DB Incl 70: 10,9,8,6 (Reference, Did 75s, 4x10 back in Nov, so still working back up. Also I can't kickup 70s on my own anymore, should be able to next week)
1b)Pullups (60s Static Hold w/ Wrist Straps, Pulling hurts the finger)
2a)Dips; BW, 4x10 (Was doing +30s, but sprained left pec back in Dec., and still haven't added weights yet, I focus on slow controlled movement instead)
2b)BB Rows
3a) Front & 3b) Rear Fly
4a) Machine Bench Press 3x5 (5/0/x)
4b) Pulldowns , slow, 3x10

Comments:
Like I mentioned, I noticed a flushing/redness in my forearms during my workout, and subsided shortly afterwards. I'll watch for the onset in the future. Also at the end of my workout my hands were shaking/trembling; in the past I usually attributed this to stims, but it appears that this is just a result of a really intense workout.

I've noticed great sleep the past 2 nights, without taking my usual L-Dopa. To see if ULTIMA is affecting my sleep, I will not take L-Dopa again tonight, and see how it feels. Considering I went to bed at ~1am, and woke up at 7:50, 5 minutes BEFORE my alarm, I can definitely feel something different. It may be that I'm just these last few days have been very busy/long and I'm exhausted, but I'll report anything and everything! Also only 1 guiness last night, but still had a great time.

Focus/Energy: I was very sharp , even upon waking which was surprising. The endorphin rush after my cardio felt very nice; after taking the ULTIMA I didn't notice an energy surge, but more like a restlessness as if I hadn't been out of the house all day. Turned it into a very energetic/quick paced gym workout, without the stim effect (Which gets my slapping my hands, bouncing around etc).

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
Day 2:
Cardio: 8:15-9:05
50 Minutes Fasted Cardio (While reading Seth's new book :D)
9:30: Oats + Whey + Berries
11:00 0.75sc. ULTIMA Sublingually
11:30 0.25sc. "" "" "" , Workout until 12:20
12:30 Meal (1c. Oatbran, Whey, Cocoa Powder)
4 x Protein + Fats + Veggie Meals

Workout:
1a) DB Incl 70: 10,9,8,6 (Reference, Did 75s, 4x10 back in Nov, so still working back up. Also I can't kickup 70s on my own anymore, should be able to next week)
1b)Pullups (60s Static Hold w/ Wrist Straps, Pulling hurts the finger)
2a)Dips; BW, 4x10 (Was doing +30s, but sprained left pec back in Dec., and still haven't added weights yet, I focus on slow controlled movement instead)
2b)BB Rows
3a) Front & 3b) Rear Fly
4a) Machine Bench Press 3x5 (5/0/x)
4b) Pulldowns , slow, 3x10

Comments:
Like I mentioned, I noticed a flushing/redness in my forearms during my workout, and subsided shortly afterwards. I'll watch for the onset in the future. Also at the end of my workout my hands were shaking/trembling; in the past I usually attributed this to stims, but it appears that this is just a result of a really intense workout.

I've noticed great sleep the past 2 nights, without taking my usual L-Dopa. To see if ULTIMA is affecting my sleep, I will not take L-Dopa again tonight, and see how it feels. Considering I went to bed at ~1am, and woke up at 7:50, 5 minutes BEFORE my alarm, I can definitely feel something different. It may be that I'm just these last few days have been very busy/long and I'm exhausted, but I'll report anything and everything! Also only 1 guiness last night, but still had a great time.

Focus/Energy: I was very sharp , even upon waking which was surprising. The endorphin rush after my cardio felt very nice; after taking the ULTIMA I didn't notice an energy surge, but more like a restlessness as if I hadn't been out of the house all day. Turned it into a very energetic/quick paced gym workout, without the stim effect (Which gets my slapping my hands, bouncing around etc).
Not sure if the added sleep quality was an intent of the product but you, myself and others have reported this.

The focus is very much like tunnel vision when you lift and restless when resting. I listen to hard rock so I focus on that between sets. :D

androgenic

androgenic

Awards
Not sure if the added sleep quality was an intent of the product but you, myself and others have reported this.

The focus is very much like tunnel vision when you lift and restless when resting. I listen to hard rock so I focus on that between sets. :D
That is the methylcobalamin regulating sleep quality. There's ample research on it and it was necessarily the "intent", but a known benefit during the formulative process.

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
That is the methylcobalamin regulating sleep quality. There's ample research on it and it was necessarily the "intent", but a known benefit during the formulative process.
See thats why your the man and I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut. LOL wut?

:D

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'm in Steve !

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subscribed. :thumbsup:

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
(Thurs March 19) Day 3: Legs

Cardio: Fasted, 48 mins , 8:10-9

Sidenote: Mishap w/ the porridge, container on lid opened, spilled 1/3 into bag, so less food + mess & it screwed up my water intake schedule, so -1L approx.

Workout: 2:45-3:45pm (Gave the legs time to recover after the elliptical work)
1)Cleans: 3 x5 (Legs felt tired + lots more for them to do)
2)Squats ATG: 4x8
3)Stiff-Leg Deadlifts: 3x8
4a)Front Squats: ATG 3x8
4b)Standing Calf Raises: 3x12 (3/3/x)
5a)Leg Extension: 3x10
5b)Hack Squat: 3x12 (4/0/3)

Dosing: 1 Sc. Ultima 30-10 mins Pre-WO (Slowly took it sublingually) + 1g. ALCAR as I headed out the door

Comments: I was pretty pumped as I jogged over to the gym, just energized by the sun and I love going to the gym (despite it being a dungeon w/ no windows). Today I didn't bother to put on any music, some days I just don't. I managed to push myself decently hard, but definitely could have dug deeper. Halfway through my workout I paused and was trying to compare my mental state to workouts when I didn't take anything. To be totally honest with myself, I don't really think I felt energized or overly "in the zone". I understand that ULTIMA is more subtle, and that perhaps the Trinitine + Beta-Alanine will cause some nice benefits but I really can't say I noticed anything too stimulating mentally.

The great sleep continued; I will be resuming my normal 1.8g L-Dopa dose before bed. I also am noticing the deep veins in my arms. I am cutting, this may be partly due to the decreasing bf. My forearms were slightly red mid-workout once again, despite working legs. It is important to note that after my workout & meal, I absolutely crashed. I couldn't keep my head up.

Timeline: 2:45-3:45 Workout
4:00 PWO Meal
4:15 onset of mild headache, and 45 minutes of napping which I tried to fight. Was debating skipping biochem lecture and going for a nap.
5:15 dragged my butt outta the library to class, and was a bit more with it, but definitely not pleasant.

I feel that dehydration may have been partly responsible for this PostWO crash. I mentioned not getting proper fluids after my WO (Only 1L instead of my usual 2L), and I don't think I made up for this. But I still didn't expect this sort of crash. Tomorrow is a rest day, and I'll make sure I'm fully hydrated on Saturday and see how it goes.

Sidenote/Good News: I talked to Marc Lobliner of Scivation and NP is getting some of that Blue Raspberry Xtend in a few weeks :D (Although I've never been the fan of blue raspberries; honestly, they're red!

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
(Thurs March 19) Day 3: Legs

Cardio: Fasted, 48 mins , 8:10-9

Sidenote: Mishap w/ the porridge, container on lid opened, spilled 1/3 into bag, so less food + mess & it screwed up my water intake schedule, so -1L approx.

Workout: 2:45-3:45pm (Gave the legs time to recover after the elliptical work)
1)Cleans: 3 x5 (Legs felt tired + lots more for them to do)
2)Squats ATG: 4x8
3)Stiff-Leg Deadlifts: 3x8
4a)Front Squats: ATG 3x8
4b)Standing Calf Raises: 3x12 (3/3/x)
5a)Leg Extension: 3x10
5b)Hack Squat: 3x12 (4/0/3)

Dosing: 1 Sc. Ultima 30-10 mins Pre-WO (Slowly took it sublingually) + 1g. ALCAR as I headed out the door

Comments: I was pretty pumped as I jogged over to the gym, just energized by the sun and I love going to the gym (despite it being a dungeon w/ no windows). Today I didn't bother to put on any music, some days I just don't. I managed to push myself decently hard, but definitely could have dug deeper. Halfway through my workout I paused and was trying to compare my mental state to workouts when I didn't take anything. To be totally honest with myself, I don't really think I felt energized or overly "in the zone". I understand that ULTIMA is more subtle, and that perhaps the Trinitine + Beta-Alanine will cause some nice benefits but I really can't say I noticed anything too stimulating mentally.

The great sleep continued; I will be resuming my normal 1.8g L-Dopa dose before bed. I also am noticing the deep veins in my arms. I am cutting, this may be partly due to the decreasing bf. My forearms were slightly red mid-workout once again, despite working legs. It is important to note that after my workout & meal, I absolutely crashed. I couldn't keep my head up.

Timeline: 2:45-3:45 Workout
4:00 PWO Meal
4:15 onset of mild headache, and 45 minutes of napping which I tried to fight. Was debating skipping biochem lecture and going for a nap.
5:15 dragged my butt outta the library to class, and was a bit more with it, but definitely not pleasant.

I feel that dehydration may have been partly responsible for this PostWO crash. I mentioned not getting proper fluids after my WO (Only 1L instead of my usual 2L), and I don't think I made up for this. But I still didn't expect this sort of crash. Tomorrow is a rest day, and I'll make sure I'm fully hydrated on Saturday and see how it goes.

Sidenote/Good News: I talked to Marc Lobliner of Scivation and NP is getting some of that Blue Raspberry Xtend in a few weeks :D (Although I've never been the fan of blue raspberries; honestly, they're red!

This log is really detailed which makes it much easier to follow. Keep it up Steve !

All the way down to the "Sidenote: Mishap w/ the porridge, container on lid opened, spilled 1/3 into bag, so less food + mess & it screwed up my water intake schedule, so -1L approx."

I have a question though... :wtf: is porridge ?? lol. Is it another name for oatmeal ?

androgenic

androgenic

Awards
The methylcobalamin content is, at least partially, why sublingual dosing is suggested with Ultima, no doubt.
P5P has much better bioavailability sublingually and the R5P is potentially reversible without this route. These forms are so vastly superior is massive doses and are truly exciting. For example pyridoxine has toxicity at higher doses (above 200 is warned, but studies show long term use above 500mg.) due to it competing with endogenous P5P for binding...irnoically supplemental pyridoxine (the cheap form) can lower effective B6 in your body through competition at the binding site. P5P has no known toxicity. R5P, the active of riboflavin is special as well.

Methylcobalamin is the mother of all coeznymated vitamins and at 15mg (15,000mcg.) is quite the awesomeness.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
sorry im late bro, im in!
slick.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Friday March 20th: Rest Day
- no ULTIMA dosed, used 2x2g of BA & 2x3 of Creatine Monohydrate

Porridge= Cooked Oats, a la Oatmeal. Canadian quirk.

Saturday March 21st: Shoulders/Obliques

Cardio: None

Workout:
Cleans: 135, 4x5 (Felt heavy, failed at 6th rep. Legs felt to be the weakpoint. Performed without wrist straps , with no swelling afterwards )
BB Shoulder Press: 5x8 (Did 4x5 last time, felt very light. excellent progress here. Bumping up the weight)
DB Oblique Sidebends 60lb; 5x10 - Felt light, will bump up to 65
Tri-Sets Shoulders (DB Lat Raises, Front Raises, Shoulder Press): 3x8
*Floor Wipers 135; 3x 8 (May lower the weight, haven't done these in months and was heavy)
BB Shrugs: 185x10,10,4 3/0/3 Tempo - Last set my left shoulder became quite painful

* ~ 8 minute interruption as someone new was trying to learn to deadlift/squat. I would rather lose 8 minutes of my workout and have them do it with proper form from then on, than see them screw up their back/knees.

Dosing: 1 Sc. Sublingually, 40-30 mins PreWO

Comments:
I used music today to keep my energy up. It is hard for me to increase my effort, as even without PreWO supps I push myself harder than most guys in the gym; I'm usually staggering after finishing a set, or shaking the burn out of my arms. I am maintaining this intensity with ULTIMA; I find I do not rush my rest periods like I do on other PreWO supps with stims, which can be a good thing as I want to make sure I am properly recovered before my next set. No increased aggression or energy, more of a calm focus. I do like the feeling of the extra energy that JP8 gave me, but it is nice to be caffeine-free and easy on the adrenals.

- I feel the onset of a cold coming perhaps, so no sprints PWO :rant:

The workout went by very quickly; before I knew it 70 minutes had passed. I was definitely focused throughout the workout; I would stare down the DB as I walked back from the fountain a few times unwittingly

The redness/flushing was likely from the 2 scoops of Poseidon, as I removed it from my intraWO mix, and noticed no flushing. Will continue to not use Poseidon to confirm.

5 minutes prior to heading out to the gym, I felt a mild headache coming on. I drank 500mL of water, and it subsided quickly, but I felt it in my stomach at the start of my workout. Hydration for some reason seems to be paramount with ULTIMA; I drank plenty of water yesterday, and only had 1 drink when I went out. I normally drink 4-5L of water/day, and atleast 15mins before meals or 30 mins after. I will be sure to keep track of my water intake even closer than normal.

As noted in the workout section, my shoulders are getting stuff. Even at 4caps/day of SuperCissus RX, I can really feel them getting stiff, overworked I would say. I will bump up the Supercissus to 6x/day, and add in some extra rotator cuff exercises on my chest-day, and see if I can get rid of this soreness. I'm too young for sore joints ;)

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
looking good steve-o!..;)
slick.

androgenic

androgenic

Awards
1 scoop, is a strong dose for most starters that aren't nootropically adapted. Most are using 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 scoop. Sublingual is stronger than under the tongue, and direct sublingual (powder) is stronger than the liquid sublingual sips.

Play with dosing. Try this for starters:

1/4 scoop under the tongue...powder...30 minutes pre-workout.

1/3 scoop, in water, 12 oz. sipped during workout, holding a sip for 5 seconds under the tongue.

You'll use less and feel more. Everyone has very different dosing schemes and it hits them differently. This may be a good way to get an idea of how you want to go with it. But I guarantee you'll "feel" this more. Much more.

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
I am really looking forward to using Ultima - I am such a fan of nootropics that don't resort to caffeine, and the sublingual dosing is very unique and innovative.
As a stim freak myself I was very surprised at the amount of (for lack of a better word) "stimulation" I received from ULTIMA. Very intense tunnel vision like focus. You feel very alert and very awake. The sublingual dosing takes it to another level.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As a stim freak myself I was very surprised at the amount of (for lack of a better word) "stimulation" I received from ULTIMA. Very intense tunnel vision like focus. You feel very alert and very awake. The sublingual dosing takes it to another level.
Sublingual is a pleasure with something like ULTIMA that tastes great. I'll do 0.5 scoops tomorrow, and compare. Typing up Sunday & Today's writeup.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sunday March 22nd: Deadlifts, Bi's & Tri's

Cardio: None (Would have done HIIT PWO, but fighting a cold)

Workout:
Deadlifts : 265 5x5 (Wrist Straps, Plates Don't touch floor. +20lbs, but did 8x8 @ 245)
2a)Incl. BB Curls; 3x10
2b)Skullcrushers 3x10
3a) EZ Curls 4x 60s Static Hold
3b) Decl. DB Pullover 45; 4x7

Comments:
No ULTIMA as this was a short workout and I didn't feel I needed it.

I probably could have done 8x5, but I didn't want to beat my body up too much. Still feeling this cold hasn't fully struck yet; I did roll in at about 2last night from a party, but slept until 10 to get me my 8 hours. I seem to sleep quite well after drinking. It was my one night/week I let myself have a few drinks, was about 7, a few tequila/vodka shots, rum & a champagne. Some really good friends of mine that are Jewish were holding a mock "Barmitzvah", and wow what a party! To think they had 2 or so of these per week when they were 13, we've been missing out! I hydrated with Poseidon, Aminos and plenty of water when I got in before my workout.

Mon March 23rd: Cardio

Cardio:52 mins Elliptical
- holy smokes was this a great cardio session. My nose was dripping and definitely sick, but somehow I was above my 100cals/5min mark very easily and sweating like a beast!

Dosing: No ULTIMA today. Will do 0.5 scoops tomorrow before chest/upper back.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sublingual is a pleasure with something like ULTIMA that tastes great. I'll do 0.5 scoops tomorrow, and compare. Typing up Sunday & Today's writeup.
This is true. Not everything is meant to taste good in this method, but Ultima is like candy to me - it's really good. I almost feel guilty! :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is true. Not everything is meant to taste good in this method, but Ultima is like candy to me - it's really good. I almost feel guilty! :D
Indulge yourself, my friend! :D

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tues March 24: Chest & Upper Back

Cardio:None

Workout:
1a)DB Incl: 70x12,12,10,8 (Felt light, and I kicked them up w/out help on the elbows, going up to 75 which is what I was at back in Nov)
1b) Lat Pulldown 4x8 5/0/x
2a) Dips 3x10,8,6 Wow the Incl. DB really exhausted me and didnt rest
2b) Rear Fly 3x10
3a) DB Flat 60s, 3x10 Slow, Sore and going for the burn
3b) Chinup Position, 3xStatic Hold to Fail
4a) DB Fly's 30s, 2x10

Dosing: 0.5 scoops ULTIMA, 45 mins PreWO (15min pre-gym delay)

Comments:
Still fightin the cold, and could feel my energy levels low despite 10 hours of sleep the previous day. Took a nap on Tuesday for extra enery, but that was PWO in the afternoon. I also didn't have my iPod, but was en route to class when I realized this, and didn't have time to go back. The music really motivates me.

The focus/mind muscle connection wasn't really there today. I was happy with how light and effortless it Incl DB felt, but the rest of the workout was rather lackluster. The music was definitely a factor, but I have found in the past the JP8 will amp me up enough to pump out a solid workout even without it. I only did 0.5 scoops of ULTIMA today, which coupled with the lingering cold symptoms may have not been enough. Tomorrow I will do 0.75 sc, 30 mins PreWO sublingually.

Will further update this post when I get back from biochem lecture. Also today's leg workouts was a MONSTER! Needed a boost and popped a Slim Xtreme sample, had my music , 0.75 Ultima.. amazing.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
looking good steve-o!..keep up the good work my friend!
slick.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Jeez, 10 hours of sleep in one night? That's like 2 nights for me! :eek:

Steve, have you thought of splitting the dose up? Example: 1 half scoop (sublingual) 30 minutes prior to your workout, then 1 half scoop (mixed) 10 minutes into your workout.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jeez, 10 hours of sleep in one night? That's like 2 nights for me! :eek:

Steve, have you thought of splitting the dose up? Example: 1 half scoop (sublingual) 30 minutes prior to your workout, then 1 half scoop (mixed) 10 minutes into your workout.
Yea, I've seen that suggested. Was starting with the PreWO method initially, I can try the 0.5 pre and 0.5 10minutes in tomorrow perhaps. I was planning on comparin the 2 methods eventually. (Sidenote, my "g" button is not workin well and its damn frustrating lol). 1 hour was a powernap :)

androgenic

androgenic

Awards
Yea, I've seen that suggested. Was starting with the PreWO method initially, I can try the 0.5 pre and 0.5 10minutes in tomorrow perhaps. I was planning on comparin the 2 methods eventually. (Sidenote, my "g" button is not workin well and its damn frustrating lol). 1 hour was a powernap :)
Glad you put preWO. I never understood how PWO is default for post workout...I mean isn't PRE- a "p" prefix too? To make it even more confusing the real prefix when using pre- and post- is peri- and not intra-, so no matter when you're taking something it could be PWO!

I know, I know. I am going insane. Just an aside. Commence the log.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad you put preWO. I never understood how PWO is default for post workout...I mean isn't PRE- a "p" prefix too? To make it even more confusing the real prefix when using pre- and post- is peri- and not intra-, so no matter when you're taking something it could be PWO!

I know, I know. I am going insane. Just an aside. Commence the log.
The lingo is a bit odd. PoWO just never cauht on I suppose :lol: Damn g button is at it aain.

androgenic

androgenic

Awards
The lingo is a bit odd. PoWO just never cauht on I suppose :lol: Damn g button is at it aain.
HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought G-button was slang of some sort saying you were having trouble getting it up lately...speaking of lingo/slang/netspeak/brospeak/etc.

It didn't even cross my mind to be literal with that.

Oh well, another funny thing I guess.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought G-button was slang of some sort saying you were having trouble getting it up lately...speaking of lingo/slang/netspeak/brospeak/etc.

It didn't even cross my mind to be literal with that.

Oh well, another funny thing I guess.
Lol wow, in retrospect, I see what you mean! I wish I were that subtle at droppin hints :lol:

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wed March 25: Legs & Cardio

Cardio:8:00-8:50
50 mins Elliptical. 5.41 Miles, 1047 Calories. Excellent Clipper, definitely improvin my cardiovascular fitness

Workout: 11:30-12:05
Deep BB Squats: 155x10x10 *
2a) Quad Extension Machine 4x10+Hold (no rest inbetween)
2b) Hamstrin Curls 4x12,10,8,7+Hold

* (Some sets I only made it to 9; I usually made it to 7, racked it, recovered for 10s, and did another 2-3 reps).

Dosing:0.75 Sc. ULTIMA, 30mins PreWO
1 Cap Slim Xtreme @ 7:30 AM

Comments:
The cold was just about gone; I took one cap of Slim Xtreme as a little wake-up to remove any lingerin cold symptoms. I'll post a separate review of SX after I take a 2nd dose, however I noticed no increased thermoenesis. Same amount of sweating as Monday's fasted cardio, which is already enhanced by the DCP. Enter EndoAmp, Shower, Sustain Alpha, PSlin, Oats and Whey.
+90 mins, I took 0.75Sc Ultima, +30 minutes (Pharm lecture on herbals, modestly interesting) then off to the gym.

Focus & Mind-Muscle connection was unbelievable. This is without a doubt the best workout in recent memory, possibly ever. I was only oin to 4 sets, but then I just kept goin, and oing and ... I made sure I kept count so I could stop at 10. I recently dropped the weiht to 135 and focused on form, but added an extra 20lbs and felt great. Squats were to within 1 inch of my glutes touching my ankles, but no contact. Like I mentioned before, I would often struggle to get the 7th rep in, drop down in exhaustion for 10 seconds, and then do another 2-3 reps. The explosiveness was amazing; I was jumping to power throuh on many of the final reps. All the guys were givin me odd looks; my face and neck veins were bulgin out like crazy, and I was grunting a bit more , well a lot more, than normal but I was giving it 110%.

I may not have the legs of a champion like Irish Cannon yet, but damn today I sure trained like one. I've had instant muscle soreness, but I actually couldn't walk properly home. I stagged the 1st 5 minutes lol. Tomorrow will be interestin; I may have to scrap the mornin cardio if my legs are too wrecked.

To avoid any possible ego stroking ,it is possible they were lookin at my green polo I had on; I had forgotten to pack a 2nd gym shirt, and my 1st shirt was heavily sweated from the cardio, and I had applied SA so I didnt want to reshower. Atleast I had my workout shorts on :D