Volcom's Slim Xtreme Mini Log

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Somaotype: MesEndo, heavier on the Endo.

I was 5'10, 230lbs this time last year.....

First Question. Do I believe in fat burners?
If I were asked this question in a court of law, I could not answer with a black & white yes or no. In my opinion, the yes and the no are intimately intertwined. If I were to extend ratio's of pertinence to the various elements toward effective weight loss, I would accredit importance in this manner. 85% diet, 10% exercise, 5% supplementation. However, my opinions expressed in the provided ratios do not accurately reflect my opinions on this matter.

Supplements effect diet by keeping a barbaric appetite in check. Stim's provide a conduit to develop a discipline for cardio. Even after a discipline has been established, Stims keep you motivated and provide a restlessness that is alleviated by increased activity, therefore, greater caloric expenditure. Furthermore, being on a fat burner seems to provide a consistent psychological placebo which keeps me motivated. That placebo sensation is felt when I am doing my cardio, I know I'm getting more bang for my buck and when I am dieting, I'm getting more bang for my buck. Fat burners seem to provide a psychological crutch that I'm doing something more effectively and a comfort that I'm doing it right.

Yes, I believe in the importance of fat burners and I find them incredibly useful and effective. No, I do not believe it is a necessity for effective weight loss. However, if someone ever asked me whether they should or shouldn't use a fat loss agent when weight loss is their goal, apart from known heart & BP conditions, I would say yes, 100% of the time.

5'10, 230lbs.
Was I fat? Not necessarily. I was solid all the way through, but I was built more like a power lifter then a bodybuilder. I was 17% BF at 230lbs, I had a 395lbs 1RM Bench, 405lbs BB rows for 10 reps, 495lbs Dead lift for 2 reps, 225lbs military press for reps... etc. I was big & strong, but along the lines of Bulk Gone Wild, Winter Break edition. However, being that I went from 200lbs to 230lbs in a matter of 2 months on just Junglewarfare, AP, Pslin and a ton of food (no pins or -drols), my 30lbs gain was certainly not mostly muscle. I was large but smooth. I had Shoulder pad delts but no visible definition, I could shrug with 5 plates but the traps looked like mounds, rather then slopes. I had an ab. The picture has been painted.

I did a cut from 230lbs down to 211lbs, predicated mostly on over-cardio and over-activity. Multiple cardio sessions along with multiple lifting sessions in a single day. My diet was cleaner, but far from spot on. I hit a comfortable wall at 211lbs, compounded with getting burned out from all the over-exercising and often times, a clean diet gone bad (over-dieting), so I sabatoged my cut by over-reaching, as is my OCD nature and impatience in such matters. As a result, I floated around 215lbs for 8-9 months.

Recently, I did a cut from 215lbs down to 191lbs. This time, my cardio is about half of what it was, if that, but my diet is solid.

Why the “Mini Log...”
I've come to a point in my cut where “dramatic losses” are no longer common place and by dramatic losses, I mean 2-3lbs a week. If I were to asses my opinions on this product based on fat loss results, it would be unfair at this point of the game for my cut and a guaranteed disappointment.

Slim Xtreme had caused an intrigue by the impressive reviews it's samples have been eliciting and it's something I wanted to experience for myself. In all honesty, my first instinct at this point of my cut was to revisit my Vasopure boxes and begin taking my ECA's or ECY's. However, SX sounded so interesting, that it curbed my Ephedrine fix for the time being.

What I want to asses will be fairly objective. I'm a veteran of stims, and I am well aware of the euphoria that comes when your stim cherry is popped on day 1 or even week 1 and everything you feel is exaggerated. I've been a stim whore for years, and even I get excitable on occasion when I get my stim cherry popped by a new product, but I recognize it for what it is. Euphoria won't disillusion my opinions too much, even though that day 1 stimgasim can sometimes be quite amazing.

I won't have an emphasis on logging my exercises reps & sets. I don't see this as a focal point for a cut product log (but I may break that promise, I can be an enthusiastic logger). However, if for whatever reason an exercise increases in strength, I will note that.

I will log cardio & general activity, but the meat of my mini log will be discussing the effects of the Slim Xtreme on all the relevant aspects I can conjure.

I have been off of stims for 3 weeks. Perhaps not long enough to regain my stim virginity, but close enough. I could offer the perspectives for some of you in a transitional cutting phase (stim cyclers).

Realistic Expectations: To lose 5lbs by the end of this bottle. Currently, I weigh no lighter then 191lbs and no heavier then 194lbs. I toggle between these two numbers. I hope to lose 5lbs from 191lbs.

Recently Added

I know body shots are the most popular form of picture updates, and I have nothing against that, but apart from the most sought after center piece in all of fitness, a good set of abs, there are also other exciting indicators that can be worn as a badge of leanness.

I've always had a rounder face, as oppose to a square one, as is a very dominant and common feature for Orientals. However, that said, I was higher up on the spectrum of "squareness" then the average Charlie. I wanted to share an update that's exciting for me as I continue to lean away.

This is my jaw/chin structure at around 197lbs, it's not that bad. 197 is considered fairly lean for me.

Here is tonight's update.

Contrast with 215lbs

[/IMG]

Not quite AM member, Russianstar, but it's still the leanest my face has ever looked.

R

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
You know im subbed, here to support my brother in iron.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, what detail!!! Very nice, man!! I hope that SX does well for you. If you're one who has trouble controlling appetite or gets a bit groggy on a Monday afternoon, then it'll definitely work in your favor. Then again, you could be chipper from dusk till dawn and eat like a bird and it should still do you well!!

I'm in. Can't wait to see how it all goes. Need help, just call!! Good luck!! :cheers:

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Rock on Volcom! Looking forward to your review. You seem to be pretty disciplined, so your goal is very realistic.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Present and accounted for... I am curious about any new product of this nature. I agree fat burners are not necessary but can be helpfull for those who know what they're doing. You can get hyper-lean without them but it's not pleasant. I am interested in anything that makes getting cut less torturous for us more efficient body types...

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A mini-log huh? From Sam?? Okayyyy.. :think:
Beckoned, I shall troll along.. :squint:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 1 MidDay Review

Day 1 Mid Day Review.

Day 1 get's its very own full review, because Day 1 is based on the minimal dosage, which I don't normally stay at, but is worth mentioning for comparative reasons.

Unique Suggested Dosage.
As per the recommendations of AX reps, Slim Xtreme is suggested to be taken at 1 cap in the AM, per day, FOR THE ENTIRE DAY. The base dosage is only 2 caps, FOR THE ENTIRE DAY. Max dosage is 3 caps and again, for the entirety of the day. I've never heard of or used a fat loss agent that only requires a single, AM dosage. However, this was the suggestion by the professionals if you want to minimalize insomnia. Therefore, I will be following that recommendation and have done so.

Day 1 dosage is based on 1 cap of SX.

Appetite Suppression: Outrageous. Second only to ECA. (I had to stop in the middle of this sentence because I realized I'd missed my 2.5 hour mark for my 2nd meal and was coming close to a 3 hour mark. I eat every 2.5 to 3 hours, sometimes as close as 2 hours apart but never longer then 3.5 hours apart. I'm very consistent and intentional about keeping my meals in a 2.5-3 hour range.). I almost missed my second meal because I had no appetite. Normally, I'm counting the time until refeed, because I have very controlled portions, which generally leave me hungry after 1-1.5 hours which keeps me looking forward to my next meal, but I literally, forgot to eat, because my appetite was so far from my mind.

The only downfall from this highly effective appetite suppression is that I cook in bulk and there won't exactly be an Iron Chef battle over the remake of my recipes any time soon.

Appetite suppression for 1 cap, 10/10.

Energy: I have to break this energy category into a few subdivisions to provide a more accurate description.

- Ignition Intensity: Ignition Intensity can be expressed as how quickly and with how much intensity does the supplement kick in and move you into an incredibly enhanced level of energy. For example, when Ephedrine/Caffeine has assimilated, you can go into a full sprint HIIT in your PJ's in the ensuing moments. In contrast, some stims kick in progressively and though it may speed up the morning rejuvination process, it's more of a 0-60mph in 15-20 seconds, as oppose to an ECA, 0-120mph under 10 seconds.

- Long Lasting: This speaks for itself. How long is energy elevated throughout the length of the day.

- Clean Burning: If you've ever taken Yohimbine or even ECA... Some stimulants make you feel like you're on crack. The crack feeling is an umbrella statement for, makes you incredibly jittery, causes a high tuned ringing in the head, feels like someone is forcibly pulling your eyes open, causes an uncomfortable restlessness, causes high anxiety and makes you a bit clumsy because you're movements are so irradic & shaky.

- Intra Workout Effects: Does the stimulant enhance your workouts? Increase cardio capability, decrease rest time between sets, maintain your energy levels throughout the workout, increases workout motivation.

Crash: This can be broken into two categories.

- Short Term Crash: Which can be measured on a daily basis.

- Long Term Crash: How long until the inevitable crash begins. As a result of any stimulant, there is generally a threshold where the adrenals fatigue and lethargy becomes common place that shortly follows the stim dosing. Eventually, stims feel like placebos and 2-3 hours after ingestion, you feel a surmounting need to sleep. However, not all stims reach this point with a single bottle, so we'll see.

– General Intensity: How intense is the stim, in general. Is it a mild jolt or Jet Fuel?

My assessment of Energy from 1 cap.

Ignition Intensity: 4/10. I ingested SX immediately following my 7:15am alarm, but I didn't get out of bed until 7:50am. I tend to be more of an apologist then a straight shooter, because sometimes I feel negative reports require some explaining to paint a for more just picture. I feel mediating variables are absolutely relevant.

#1. I should have taken a rest day Sunday, but I lifted Chest out of an inability to sit still. I border on over-training a lot, it's a really bad habit. Therefore, getting out of bed was more of a chore today then usual. I'll rest today.

#2. I couldn't sleep sometime after 1am last night.

#3. I used 6mg Melatonin around 11:54pm to force myself to sleep, and morning sluggishness is a common side effect of Melatonin.

Long Lasting: N/A It's only 11:58am. It's too early to properly asses.

Clean Burning: 10/10. It feels like an uber clean version of PEA based stims. Very, very clean.

Intra-Workout Effects: N/A

Short Term Crash:
None yet and no sign of a crash anytime soon.

Long Term Crash: N/A

General Intensity: 5/10. Quite mild for my taste. 1 cap is not sufficient for me.

Energy Conclusion for 1 cap: 6/10. For the general public, this is a very safe dose. It's very comfortable, completely manageable and I would be surprised if my HR or BP was increased more then usual. The stim is an unprecedented clean burning. If I were something other then a stim whore, 1 cap would be fine, but being the stim fiend I am. 2 caps will be a necessary progression.

This concludes my lengthy, but thorough Day 1, Midday review.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
soo detailed! :eek:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1st, woot :D You've really dropped the weight a long way, congrats!
Awesome, you're the smartest cat I know, get it. Drum-high hat. Thanks Steveo, for public record, Steveo initiated my inspiration to begin this most recent cut with his exotic concoctions and upward thinking.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know im subbed, here to support my brother in iron.
You make me feel fat, leave.... I'm just kidding Russian, thanks for the support, no but seriously, you do make me feel fat as hell.

I'll be seeing you around your own logborhood soon, friend. I gotta make my sub rounds.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rock on Volcom! Looking forward to your review. You seem to be pretty disciplined, so your goal is very realistic.
Thanks Mattikus. I was 190lbs as a senior in high school without all the muscle, so being a pound away from my high school weight WITH all the added muscle is very satisfying. I was 185lbs as a junior, why do I remember this? I don't know, I need to see a psychologist.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Present and accounted for... I am curious about any new product of this nature. I agree fat burners are not necessary but can be helpfull for those who know what they're doing. You can get hyper-lean without them but it's not pleasant. I am interested in anything that makes getting cut less torturous for us more efficient body types...
AMEN TO THAT!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, what detail!!! Very nice, man!! I hope that SX does well for you. If you're one who has trouble controlling appetite or gets a bit groggy on a Monday afternoon, then it'll definitely work in your favor. Then again, you could be chipper from dusk till dawn and eat like a bird and it should still do you well!!

I'm in. Can't wait to see how it all goes. Need help, just call!! Good luck!! :cheers:
Thanks, I remember you being very supportive and helpful when I was logging 3-AD/MassFX. I appreciate your presence.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Incredibly detailed!! Way to go, V!
Having you and Russian subbed in here is hurting my self esteem.

Always glad to have you here Shaddow. I've noticed you've been really active on Facebook, there's always new pictures with you and a bunch of girls whenever I check that thing.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Sub'd for sure, I love detailed logs like this...

Truly helps others when they are considering a stellar product like SX!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your avi has magic in it. It's a different girl with every page reload.
He has an automatic timer hooked up to an avi generator that changes it every....ah screw it you get the point :bandit:

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks, I remember you being very supportive and helpful when I was logging 3-AD/MassFX. I appreciate your presence.
Anytime, man! I may not pop in every 5 minutes, but I'm around. ;)

I'm eager to hear from you by the end of today. So far, your findings are right on par with my own, and those of many others. It isn't an outright mind-blowing energy, and it isn't intended to be that. I won't say too much, but I'm sure that after you break it in a bit and up to 2 caps/day, you'll KNOW what I'm talking about.

Definitely keep us posted on when you take it in the morning and when you go to bed at night...I love to hear how long it lasted for people. Ranges vary, but be careful. ;)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interested.
Thanks Emerge. I'm hoping to make this log more about the product itself, as oppose to an emphasis on my own progress. I'm at a point of very minor baby steps toward fat loss. My body seems more to be in Recomp mode then anything else. Actual loss of poundage is at a minimal at this point, so I'll do my best to keep focus on SX. I'm just hoping for a 5lbs drop by the end of the bottle, and a 5lbs drop from where I am now, would actually be very aesthetically noticeable.

I'm going to bump my cardio back up to high gear. I was in middle gear cardio wise while I was letting the adrenals recover. 2 to 3, 60 min cardio sessions along with 4-5 days of lifting, but I'm hoping to up my activity level a bit.

My prime desire from SX is to use it as an energy conduit to perform the activity I need, as oppose to using SX as a foundation for the fat loss.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sub'd for sure, I love detailed logs like this...

Truly helps others when they are considering a stellar product like SX!

Thank you. I feel an obligation toward detail when scrutinizing a product and when providing objectivity, I also feel a duty to include relevant, influencing factors if the situation justifies such explanations.

I don't know why, but your post reminded me of something I forgot to include in my evaluations. SX was developing a reputation for enhanced mood effects and that was another paramount reason for choosing to run SX over my E-feds.

B

Biceps

Board Sponsor
Awards
Wow, there is some great detail up in here! Very nice log :)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mood

I wanted to supplement my Day 1, Midday Review by including Mood as one of the elements I'll be sharing.

MOOD:

Mood is such a generalized statement and to accurately break it down into subdivisions as I did with energy might be too cumbersome and I realize short & sweet attracts the most actual reading as oppose to "the visit & post," when the text looks too timing consuming to read.

If you want the bottom line:

Mood Effect from 1 cap: 8/10, given that my base mood would be rated as such:

Depression: None

Anxiety: 8/10, very anxious. My girlfriend wants to be married by Fall, she's anticipating an engagement by July, I have to have a traditional sit down and ask permission from her parents (she's half Mexican, mom is full Mexican and is way old school. Her dad is white, but their family is definitely a matriarchal rule. I had to have a sit down with the mom to formally ask her permission to date her daughter. I'm concerned about my ability to take on the financial responsibilities of a marriage, let alone children. Thus, I'm constantly in an elevated anxious state.

Joy: 7/10

Temperament: 2/10: I'm generally, incredibly relaxed and obnoxiously easy going. The only time I get anal about anything, is when it's involving some complication about a workout or food.

Contentment: 7/10. This ties in with my anxiety. I need to come to terms that I need to go back to school following May's graduation and attain something more marketable & reliable, such as an RN or PT. I'm getting my BS in Kines and I have my CSCS, but these are luxuries for a prosperous economy.

General Sense of Well Being: 7/10.

Giving Mood 8/10 translates to the effect that I do feel better then normal. I feel more at ease then usual, more content, very relaxed and unless I start to begin pondering upon my anxieties, my anxiety is also in check.

Uniqueness of Slim Xtreme's Mood Effect

The mood enhancement I'm feeling now is different then the usual stim associated euphoria. There is a feel good feeling that is inherent with tons and tons of new energy. It's euphoric to suddenly have the energy to do everything you wanted exercise wise and to suddenly have the inspiration to do such things with such anticipation and enthusiasm. It's a very excitable sensation of invulnerability when new high-intensity energy is overwhelming.

However, this is not the case for me in regards to Slim Xtreme's Mood Effect. Quite honestly, it is now 2:11pm, 6 hours post my 1 cap AM dose, and I hardly feel too stimmed at all. The only reason that I know I am stimmed, is because I am ALWAYS, ALWAYS, dying for a nap by 2pm, but I feel completely awake. I can tell I am stimmed, but the stim is so incredibly clean that had I been drugged with 1 cap of SX this morning, I'd just think I was having an abnormally good and energy balanced day.

The mood enhancement isn't an excited happiness that's mostly associated with an abundance of new energy, but it feels more like a soothing; An incredible sense of contentment. It can only be described as a "Relaxing Stim" if you can wrap your imagination around that.

I mentioned earlier that it's not euphoric and it's not an overwhelming sensation of well being, but a notable improvement.

The question is, will 2 caps have a compounding positive effect?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Goodness...there's more!?

:lol: gif is great

theshaman

theshaman

Awards
  • Established
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Very nice review! Im sure you will do fine with the sit-down too. Maybe taking some SX before then will be good for you... ;)

Yes the relaxing stim is a good way to put it. I feel so mellow on it too, yet ready to tear it up! So this is only one pill? I have taken two and it amplified everything in a good way, but I being a little more stim sensi, was up for almost 24 hours.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Very nice review! Im sure you will do fine with the sit-down too. Maybe taking some SX before then will be good for you... ;)

Yes the relaxing stim is a good way to put it. I feel so mellow on it too, yet ready to tear it up! So this is only one pill? I have taken two and it amplified everything in a good way, but I being a little more stim sensi, was up for almost 24 hours.
Thanks and wow, this appetite suppressant is insane. I'll briefly explain why in the ensuing post.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quite dense with awesome details. Wish you much success! And fun!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Appetite Oppression

I already rated the 1 cap, appetite suppression with a 10/10, so I can't improve on my score, but I can change the verbage.

Appetite Suppression is now moved to Appetite Oppression.

my 3rd meal of the day is a PB&J and an all spinach salad, using Ezekial Sesame Bread, Natty Peanut Butter and Sugar Free Jelly. I was dead stuffed after finishing 1/2 of my sandwich and I have no desire to touch my salad or finish my sandwich.

I realize effective cutting is not a fasting contest, nor is it amplified, but on the contrary, is detrimentally effected by under-eating, so I'm not exactly bragging about how much I can't eat. However, this does speak volumes for the outstanding effectiveness (philosophically speaking for some, DW, Snag, IC) of Slim Xtreme's Appetite Oppression. Damn!

If by Meal 4 I'm still eating like a 16 year old girl trying to fit into a prom dress because Chris Brown's song "Forever" convinced me I'm going to find love on the dance floor, I'll just have to force-feed. Force-feeding controlled & limited portions :wtf: Wow, the appetite oppression is more potent now, 6 hours 40 min later, then it was first throughout the morning. Very impressive and odd.

AX,

Time to change your product description from Appetite Suppression to Appetite Oppression. It's no joke.

This is definitely a plus if you're transitioning from a bulk to a cut or recomp, if you're a food-eat'n man like myself. Sheeesh.

I really can't describe how full I feel right now. It's like that Buffet Bar carb reload cheat day, but without the pot belly.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quite dense with awesome details. Wish you much success! And fun!

Everybody relax, please calm down, The Oracle has arrived, we're all going to be okay.

Good to see you Strategic, always a pleasure to have you around to keep my self proclaimed intellect in check. :beerchug:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:wall:

Hiding from Mullet. That guy makes me feel intelligibly inadequate as well. I'm just kidding. Mullet's a great guy, as long as you can get past the whole Canadian thing.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I am definitely looking forward to upping my dosage. Tomorrow is a long day for me. My day begins at 5:15am and ends at 8:00pm, with 1 lift and 1 cardio session mixed in there somewhere, so I'll appreciate whatever SX can deliver via 2 caps.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Subbed - love the philosophical approach to logging details - as SM mentioned 'dense' but certainly not overwhelming.

Because of this you're one of my favourite loggers by far - surprised no-one has picked you up as a rep Volcom, but I guess not everyone wishes to become a rep.

Interestingly enough we're tracking similar paths with similar goals. I'm in to the end :bandit:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed - love the philosophical approach to logging details - as SM mentioned 'dense' but certainly not overwhelming.

Because of this you're one of my favourite loggers by far - surprised no-one has picked you up as a rep Volcom, but I guess not everyone wishes to become a rep.

Interestingly enough we're tracking similar paths with similar goals. I'm in to the end :bandit:
You're too kind Jakell and I appreciate the feedback on the dense vs overwhelming comment. I "attempt" to keep things relevant to the cause, but I do have a tendency to become a bit overzealous. Thanks again for the kind words buddy.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
The mood effect sounds very similar to the mood boost I receive from cre02. I think this is more desirable than the "I can do everything at once" feeling I get from crackhead-stims.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
This is a great motivator for me to get my ass in the gym!!