Rodja's One Stop Journey (sponsored)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First, much love to AN and even more to those that voted for me to run a sponsored log of this. For the first time in many, many a moon I am lifting and eating with the sole purpose of LBM gains, but I am still trying to increase my numbers on all lifts.

Starting Stats:
5'10"
188 lbs (~167.3 lbs LBM, 20.7 lbs BF)
~11% BF (via 7-point calipers)

Goals:
195 lbs (~177.5 lbs LBM, 17.5 lbs BF)
9% BF

My starting BF is high for me and I fully expect this to drop as I continue to tighten the diet and do my cardio.
Current Routine:
Mon-Chest/Biceps, Cardio or MMA
Tue-Legs/Core, BJJ
Wed-Cardio or MMA
Thur-Triceps/Delts, Cardio
Fri-Back
Sat-MMA/Core

Main Lifts for Assessment:
Current
Dips-BW+90x8
Front Squats-205x3
Lat Pulls-205x6
BB Rows-295x12
Close-Grip-245x8
Overhead Press-165x10

Goals
Dips-BW+115x8
Front Squats-225x5
Lat Pulls-225x8
BB Rows-335x12
Close-Grip-275x8
Overhead Press-185x10

Supps:
Xtend-15g post-WO
WMS-75g post-WO
ATW Blend-2 scoops 30 mins after Xtend/WMS drink
ON Casein-2 scoops pre-bed
RPM-4 caps pre-WO
Fish Oil-10g day

The One dosing-3 caps/day (1 with breakfast, 2 pre-WO)

Diet:
Meal 1-4 eggs (2 whole, 2 whites), 6 oz turkey sausage, 10-12 oz red potatoes, fruit, 1 The One
Meal 2-Protein shake (whey/casein blend yielding 45g), 5g fish oil
Meal 3-6 oz chicken, 2 cups rice, 8 oz green beans, fruit, 2 The One
Meal 4-Xtend/BCAA...30 minutes...Whey shake
Meal 5-10 oz steak, 6 oz green beans/broccoli
Meal 6-Protein shake (2 scoops ON Casein), 5g fish oil

I am going to keep a keen eye on hypo feelings since almost every PH/PS has always made me crash late in the day if I don't eat enough carbs throughout the day. As it stands now, my macros are roughly 240g protein, 250g carbs, 50g fat. Note that this is a rough outline and will probably increase as the GLUT-4 receptors become more active as the cycle progresses. This eating is only for the weekdays; on the weekends, I like to spike the hell out of my kcal consumption with 3-4 "dirty" meals laced throughout the weekend, but it still falls within my 10% wiggle room.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Rodja,

When is your workout?

Edit: Just an FYI to try to get your 2nd dose in as early as possible if you ever have trouble sleeping or go to bed early.

joelast

joelast

Awards
Can't wait to follow this log, see you around on AM alot Rodja glad you go the opportunit to do this log.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yesterday's training (had not started taking The One, but just to throw the numbers up)

HS Incline-100x10, 110x8
Flat DB Press-3x75x8
Incline Fly-3x50x10
Dips-BW+25x10, BW+45x8
Cable Crossovers-2x50x12, 70x10...drop...40x15
Cambered Curls-2x95x8
DB Curls-3x40x10
HS Preacher-95x12, 120x8
Overhead Rope Curls-45x12, 50x12

First day back in the weight room in over a week (took last week off to taper for my fight that didn't happen). Strength was solid, but not spectacular and pump was marginal due to low plasma volume from not drinking enough water throughout the day.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/3-Legs, Cardio

First, a preface to those who are not familiar with my training. I have not worked out my legs seriously in almost 3 years now. The main reason for the that is that I am very lower-body heavy and the size of my thighs was affecting every part of my MMA game, some good, some bad. The power was nice, but it was not beneficial to have 65% of my mass in my lower half, plus it made some submissions very, very difficult (triangles, for example). It is not a flexibility issue either; I can put my foot behind my head and do the horizontal splits. In fairness of the log, I have decided to go back into the squat rack and train (albeit at a small volume) my legs.

10 minutes elliptical

Back Squats-225x5, 235x3
SLDL-3x225x10
Unilateral LP-330x8, 2x250x8
Walking DB Lunges-2x60x12
Uni Leg Ex-2x50x12
Uni Kneeling Leg Curl-40x15
Seated Calf Raises-2x90x15

15 minutes power walking/jogging

I realized from this session that my mechanics for squats have gotten awful and I struggled with the form. Not so much the depth, but more of the kinetic syncing. My hamstrings have definitely gotten much, much weaker and my lower back is not conditioned to hold that kind of weight behind me. That being said, I pushed as hard as I could and still had a really good training session. Quads are mildly sore, but glutes/hams are extremely tender. I used the accumulation principle for cardio to avoid the monotony of it. The main struggle I had was that it had been only about 18 hours since my last weight training session and had not consumed enough kcals during this time frame.

3/4-Cardio

I was not really able to run full-bore, but I was able to get in a 30-minute cardio session.

5 minutes jump rope
15 minutes shadow kickboxing
10 minutes running

Didn't get very winded during this, but worked up a good sweat. Having a mild increase to my caloric intake (adding 15g of SuperCarb to my WMS/Xtend drink) along with an extra 10g of fat before bed. Based off my kinesthetic sense, I am going to be adding kcals into my diet every week because I am prone to bouts of hypoglycemia.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I'm in on this one as well. Good luck achieving some great results bud. :)

Cheers!:cheers:

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the pre-One w/o #s so we can compare strength changes. Pre pics soon? Its exciting since change is supposed to be quite quick while on The One, so maybe 2-3 weeks.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trying to get pre-pics either tonight or tomorrow.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
in my man. going to be watching closely. after all, i voted for you :D

good luck.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
rodja for my blessing im gonna require you to send me lipoderm

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Give it hell, rod! :head:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I understand the lower-body heavy (re legs, especially quads).

Anyways, great start to the log. Any bloods planned on? (I see pics will be coming).

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established

Anyways, great start to the log. Any bloods planned on? (I see pics will be coming).
I'm the opposite! And always envious of those with bigger quads!

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established
I'm in Rodja, very interested in all The One Logs. Subbed Best of Luck man.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Going to check on the $$ of the tests today.

Gator Alum 03

Gator Alum 03

Awards
  • Established
I'm also interested to see how the 1 with breakfast/2 pre-WO dosing works out. Good luck!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Going to check on the $$ of the tests today.
Great stuff. If you like I can send you through a complete list of the bloods that would be IDEAL to see.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/5-Back/Core
BB Rows-275x12, 315x8
Lat Pulls-2x200x8, 205x8
DB Rows-115x12, 120x10
HS Underhand High Rows-145x8
Underhand Cable Rows-180x12, 200x12
Hypers/Hanging Leg Raises-3xBW+25x15/3x15

This training session flew by and I had some tremendous aggression throughout the entire time. I had a great pump from this and my strength was very high, but I didn't want to try to pull some higher weights just yet so I could let my body adapt to the new training rigors. BW was 188.4 after a shower and in shorts and I have noticed that this compound has a lot of DHT-like qualities: very dry, increased aggression, improved strength, and a glycogen monster. I am very hungry from this and am trying to not too ahead of myself since this is only day 3. That being said, I am generally not this hungry and/or thirsty throughout the day even though I am around my normal level of activity, caloric intake, and water consumption.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bloods...

Please, do.
Warning: It is a LONG list :D

Hormonal:
Total Testosterone
Free Testosterone
Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
Prolactin
Leutilizing Hormone (LH)
Estradiol (E2)
Progesterone (P4)
Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate (DHEAS)
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)

Kidney Function:
Creatinine
Glomerular Filtration Rate (GMR)
Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN)
Uric Acid

Liver Function:
Albumin (ALB)
Alkaline Phosphatase (ALK PHOS)
Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT or SGPT)
Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST or SGOT)
Total Bilirubin (TBIL)

"Routine Bloods":
Complete Blood Counts (i.e. Reb Blood Cells (RBC), Haemoglobin (Hb), White
Blood Cells (WBC), etc.)
Electrolytes (i.e. Sodium (Na), Potassium(K+), etc.)
Lipids (i.e. Triglycerides (TAGS), Total Cholesterol (TC), High-Density
Lipoprotein Cholersterol (HDL), etc.)

Mostly concerned with hormonal, kidney and liver function results. When you have to do blood statistics in posts, just include relevant hormonal values; liver and kidney function can be briefly mentioned, but no need for huge detail (just pre and post for them).

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Post Guidelines

Can you also please make a post that includes comments on the following factors (based on "effects related to physique enhancement", as listed in the write-up for The ONE) every 3-4 days, just so that everyone can see what effect The ONE is having on them:

Diet - general overview re total calories, water intake, etc.
Training - specifics re time/exercises/sets/reps/recovery/weight, etc.
Body composition and Look
Muscle Hardness
Vascularity
Strength
Speed
Co-ordination
Quality of Training
Mood/Aggression
Libido
Joints
Overall Sense of Feeling (to include mention of any shut-down or sides)

:cheers:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rodja, you've used methyl rage before right? trying to recall older conversations :)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can you also please make a post that includes comments on the following factors (based on "effects related to physique enhancement", as listed in the write-up for The ONE) every 3-4 days, just so that everyone can see what effect The ONE is having on them:

Diet - general overview re total calories, water intake, etc.
Training - specifics re time/exercises/sets/reps/recovery/weight, etc.
Body composition and Look
Muscle Hardness
Vascularity
Strength
Speed
Co-ordination
Quality of Training
Mood/Aggression
Libido
Joints
Overall Sense of Feeling (to include mention of any shut-down or sides)

:cheers:
I generally do that, but on a weekly basis so I can compare the workouts from each week.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ah thats right. i've been trying to hunt down a bottle of mdht, found someone selling 2 bottles, but they want $60 a piece for em. Not really worth it to me to just compare with The ONE :)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ah thats right. i've been trying to hunt down a bottle of mdht, found someone selling 2 bottles, but they want $60 a piece for em. Not really worth it to me to just compare with The ONE :)
It would be an awesome pre-WO supp, but not for that price, especially since you get the hookup.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Particularly considering too that I work out solely for aesthetic purposes and don't give a rats ass about utility or strength :D

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trying to figure out how exactly how much I need to eat with this compound because I can't seem to get in enough kcals each day, even though I am eating well above maintenance now. I have upped my fruit and complex carb consumption to over 350g/day and still can't seem to get good fullness in the muscle. I have also noticed that I am more thirsty with this and that I am sweating much, much more while lifting.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, I have worked out twice on this, and both sessions I have come out soaked!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed, I have worked out twice on this, and both sessions I have come out soaked!
Today will be my third session with this and I plan on eating around 1800 kcals (50g fat, 200g carbs, 170g protein) before training, have my Xtend/WMS/SC drink, protein shake 30 mins later, and go to all you can eat sashimi.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today will be my third session with this and I plan on eating around 1800 kcals (50g fat, 200g carbs, 170g protein) before training, have my Xtend/WMS/SC drink, protein shake 30 mins later, and go to all you can eat sashimi.
All you can eat Sashimi, now THAT'S some clean proteins!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All you can eat Sashimi, now THAT'S some clean proteins!
Yep, there is a place about 20 minutes from campus that has it everyday. I usually have around 20 pieces along with shrimp, white rice, and mushrooms. I have been looking forward to it for days now.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I still think the cross-fit comment in your signature is hilarious. One of the places I train at is a "Cross-Fit" facility, but I do S&C stuff with the athletes. The owner happens to be a rational guy with a background in Kines, so he rolls his eyes at some of the attitudes in the Cross-Fit genre himself. I went to the cross-fit website and watched one of their "seminars" and I threw up in my mouth a little.

I'm going to quote part of a speech and he said this in all seriousness. "We take a power lifter, who can clean 500lbs once, to being able to clean 135lbs thirty times. Now which is better (right here I was screaming at the screen, "DEPENDS FOR WHAT PURPOSE!") 500lbs for one or 135lbs for 30? Of course 135lbs for 30, if a landslide happened and one of your friends had a bunch of rocks piled on him, whats more useful? Being able to lift one giant boulder off and running out of breath, or 30 large rocks?"

and I'm dead serious. No need to tell me how many ways you can tear that last paragraph apart.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I still think the cross-fit comment in your signature is hilarious. One of the places I train at is a "Cross-Fit" facility, but I do S&C stuff with the athletes. The owner happens to be a rational guy with a background in Kines, so he rolls his eyes at some of the attitudes in the Cross-Fit genre himself. I went to the cross-fit website and watched one of their "seminars" and I threw up in my mouth a little.

I'm going to quote part of a speech and he said this in all seriousness. "We take a power lifter, who can clean 500lbs once, to being able to clean 135lbs thirty times. Now which is better (right here I was screaming at the screen, "DEPENDS FOR WHAT PURPOSE!") 500lbs for one or 135lbs for 30? Of course 135lbs for 30, if a landslide happened and one of your friends had a bunch of rocks piled on him, whats more useful? Being able to lift one giant boulder off and running out of breath, or 30 large rocks?"

and I'm dead serious. No need to tell me how many ways you can tear that last paragraph apart.
Some of their vids on their site are just absolutely pointless, especially their "fight gone bad" bullsh!t. I had a few classes with one guy who has so horribly narrow-minded about how Cross-fit is the only method of training worth its salt. I wanted to kick him in the head everyday...

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some of their vids on their site are just absolutely pointless, especially their "fight gone bad" bullsh!t. I had a few classes with one guy who has so horribly narrow-minded about how Cross-fit is the only method of training worth its salt. I wanted to kick him in the head everyday...
I know. Being at a Cross-Fit facility, I hear a lot of ridiculous things. The back of the shirts at this particular Cross-Fit says, "your workout is our warm up," and they feel they are the originators of burpees or something. I heard a few clients bragging about how they're going to get together and go to 24 Hour Fitness and start doing burpees and freak everybody out. Another client brags about how he does cleans at his 24 hr and people look at him crazy. I like this guy so I held my tongue, but c'mon, CLEANS AREN'T A CROSS-FIT THING!!

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established
Sashimi hell yeah brotha kick a$$ food there.....:food::werd:

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
yeah. i cant really handle the crossfit crowd. especially when they compare crossfit to a bodybuilding training style. WTF IS A BODYBUILDING TRAINING SYTLE?!

they assume when you say "i am into bodybuilding" that all you do is isolation movements. and that crossfit is the end all be all of fitness and strength training.

oh, and they also assume that everybody just wants to be athletic, and feel good, and have functional strength. what about guys who just wanna lift some heavy weights and get f*ckin huge? haha

crossfit definitely has its place, but like anything, its goal specific. there is no perfect training style.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah. i cant really handle the crossfit crowd. especially when they compare crossfit to a bodybuilding training style. WTF IS A BODYBUILDING TRAINING SYTLE?!

they assume when you say "i am into bodybuilding" that all you do is isolation movements. and that crossfit is the end all be all of fitness and strength training.

oh, and they also assume that everybody just wants to be athletic, and feel good, and have functional strength. what about guys who just wanna lift some heavy weights and get f*ckin huge? haha

crossfit definitely has its place, but like anything, its goal specific. there is no perfect training style.
Very true.