rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
stats
height: 5'11''
weight: 203-204
bf: 12-14% (guestimate)

intro
my goal is to get to somewhere around 215-220. this is the first phase of the tail of my bulk. phase 2 will be after this utilizing a couple bottles of activate extreme and a bottle of anabolic pump. let me lay down the method to my madness

diet
i cant really say how many cals im eating currently. i would guess somewhere around 4k. im basically just doing my best to get 5-6 large meals in during the day. this has been my method for my entire bulk so far, and its done pretty good so im going to stick with it. heres a sample meal plan.

meal 1: 2.5 scoops muscle milk, 1 cup ground oats, 1.5 cups milk.
meal 2: whole grain pasta with 8-10oz chicken breast, topped with mozz or parmesan cheese
meal 3: 10 oz tuna, split into 2 sandwiches on ezekial bread.
meal 4 (1-1.5 hrs pre workout) : repeat meal 1
meal 5 (30-60 mins post workout) : 8 oz chicken or steak with sweet potatoes
meal 6 (optional) : 5 eggs, 4 oz ground meet

supplements
bulk p-slin 400mg w/ 100g WMS+6 scoops XTEND
- explanation = i drink half on my way to the gym, and sip on the remainder during the workout
bulk 1-c 800mg pre bed
jacked 2-2.5 scoops 10 mins pre workout

ill also be using whey, fish oil, a multi vitamin. i also might be grabbing some creatine mono and using that in my p-slin cocktail. i also may switch out jacked for rpm and/or adrenaline by genera, but i will note that in my updates.

training
this is a brand new routine for me. the goal is to maximize compound movements and high volume, in order to create the maximal environment for hypertrophy.

day 1 chest, shoulders, traps, back
day 2 legs, calves, abs
day 3 arms, forearms
day 4 off
day 5 start routine over

everything is 3-4 sets of 6-15 reps

here we go!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Present.

I have clients at 3:30pm tomorrow, so if you want to stop by Peak Performance around 3:20pm, you can pick up the JW to add to your arsenal. It's up to you.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
day 1 - 1/18/09

supplementation
pre/intra workout - 400mg pslin, 100g wms, 6 scoops xtend

training
incline bench
135 x 12
165 x 10
185 x 8
135 x 12

flat bench
135 x 12
165 x 10
185 x 7
135 x 15

low cable cross overs
40 x 15
50 x 15

high cable cross overs (1 sec hold at peak contraction)
40 x 15
40 x 15

machine shoulder press -superset- seated rear flyes
60 x 15 -ss- 15's x 15
80 x 15 -ss- 15's x 15
100 x 15 -ss- 15's x 15
120 x 15 -ss- 15's x 15

db raises (kind of a circular motion, hands start at sides, raise up, while simultaneously moving arms in, ending at the top position of front db raises, then straight down, and repeat)
10lb plate in each hand x 15 x 4

bb shrugs
135 x 15
185 x 15
225 x 15
225 x 15
275 x 15

wide grip pull downs
150 x 10
180 x 10
195 x 10
210 x 8
165 x 15

d-handle cable rows (one hand after another, no rest in between sets)
100 x 15
100 x 15
100 x 15
100 x 13

notes
awesome. thats about all i can say. pslin lived up to the hype. awesome pump in my, well, everything. everything looked and felt full and pumped.

and shoulder felt pretty good. still a bit of a burning sensation, but nothing too crazy. im still working on my rehab exercises. ill prolly end up grabbing some more cissus when i get some cash, just to keep the pain down to a minimum.

didnt dose the 1-c because i just kind of fell asleep, rather than going to sleep in a planned manner.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Present.

I have clients at 3:30pm tomorrow, so if you want to stop by Peak Performance around 3:20pm, you can pick up the JW to add to your arsenal. It's up to you.
sounds good. ill bring you a couple servings of jacked if you want.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sounds good. ill bring you a couple servings of jacked if you want.
Naw, it's cool, thanks though. I hear there's Beta Alanine in there and paresethesia will make me scratch myself into leprosy.

I'll be in the parking lot waiting around 3:20pm., so you won't have to come in. I drive a Silver Prelude.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Naw, it's cool, thanks though. I hear there's Beta Alanine in there and paresethesia will make me scratch myself into leprosy.

I'll be in the parking lot waiting around 3:20pm., so you won't have to come in. I drive a Silver Prelude.
alright. see ya tmrw then.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hahaha great title man! Im subbed...good supps you got here

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
balls. i just typed up the 2nd update and internet failed. DAMNIT. im off to hit arms. ill put up both updates upon my return.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
balls. i just typed up the 2nd update and internet failed. DAMNIT. im off to hit arms. ill put up both updates upon my return.
SUCKS!!! I hate that! Sometimes I'll be in the middle of typing, then all of a sudden a paragraph becomes mysteriously bolded and the next key I touch, the entire paragraph disappears. This always happens in mid type, so I don't see it coming until it's too late.

See you at 3:20

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
SUCKS!!! I hate that! Sometimes I'll be in the middle of typing, then all of a sudden a paragraph becomes mysteriously bolded and the next key I touch, the entire paragraph disappears. This always happens in mid type, so I don't see it coming until it's too late.

See you at 3:20
*Checks watch*. Crazy west-coasters ;)

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow, solid plan. The only thing I might do differently is lose the Xtend.
While it's a fine product, your preworkout consumption is slow-released enough to provide you with amino support thru your training, and powered with the Pslin.. I just view this as overkill. Definitely is not hurting things, but again, your overall caloric intake (and sourcing) looks righteous enough to sustain plenty of growth.
The Xtend would be better served when you move into your leaning period.
A benefit as well: BCAA's are better utilized in cycled fashion (just like anything else), and I think this is an opportune time for you to take advantage of BCAA down-time.
Looking forward to your results.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Wow, solid plan. The only thing I might do differently is lose the Xtend.
While it's a fine product, your preworkout consumption is slow-released enough to provide you with amino support thru your training, and powered with the Pslin.. I just view this as overkill. Definitely is not hurting things, but again, your overall caloric intake (and sourcing) looks righteous enough to sustain plenty of growth.
The Xtend would be better served when you move into your leaning period.
A benefit as well: BCAA's are better utilized in cycled fashion (just like anything else), and I think this is an opportune time for you to take advantage of BCAA down-time.
Looking forward to your results.
thanks for the feedback man. how do you think i should go about my intra workout then. or do you think it would be good to maybe drop the skim milk, and add in like 50g WMS to that pre workout shake, and throw in the pslin. essentially the "mass monster shake".

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks for the feedback man. how do you think i should go about my intra workout then. or do you think it would be good to maybe drop the skim milk, and add in like 50g WMS to that pre workout shake, and throw in the pslin. essentially the "mass monster shake".
I think that would be AMAZING! Put that Pslin to work bro. 30-50g WMS along w/ the MM & oats (in water) would be da bomb!

EDIT: Actually on second thought (getting anal here), I might trim that 1/2 scoop MM off, roll with a cup of milk (addtl water used), and go w/ 30g WMS.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
I think that would be AMAZING! Put that Pslin to work bro. 30-50g WMS along w/ the MM & oats (in water) would be da bomb!

EDIT: Actually on second thought (getting anal here), I might trim that 1/2 scoop MM off, roll with a cup of milk (addtl water used), and go w/ 30g WMS.
it shall be done. im off tmrw, and the routine starts again on thursday. thanks for the help snag.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the spare AP Roland. AP is one of my starting line ups right now, so that was a pleasant surprise.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
day 2 - 1/19/09

supplements
pslin 400mg w/ 6 scoops xtend, 100g wms
2.5 scoops jacked
1-c 800mg with 2 scoops muscle milk in water, about 30 mins pre bed

training
leg extensions
100 x 20
130 x 15
160 x 15

lying leg curls
80 x 20
110 x 15
125 x 12

squats
95 x 12
135 x 10
135 x 10
135 x 12
135 x 12

hack squats
+90 x 12
+180 x 12
+230 x 8
+180 x 12
+90 x 15

standing db calf raises (each leg)
bw x 20
bw+25 x 15
bw+55 x 12
bw+85 x 12

abs
leg raises -superset-knee raises
2 sets of 15 for each
2 sets of 12 for each

cable crunches
120 x 15
160 x 15
200 x 15
200 x 15
200 x 15

notes
awesome leg workout. my squat form is getting better and better each week, which makes me really happy. im slowly working without weights under my feet, but im still not all the way there on my balance and form, so im using the 5lb plates. that is until i get some nice lifting shoes.

performance wise, it was a very successful session. i got an instant pump during the extensions, and it was a consistent and getting progressively better throughout the workout.

calves started to hurt almost from the pump, im not gonna lie. i think i had a couple more sets in me on the raises, but i called it a night. i figured id quit while ahead.

my abs seem to be developing nice as well. despite a somewhat moderate body fat level, when pumped up or dry in the morning, my abs are popping through to an extent. top 4 are a lot more visible when pumped up.

the 1-c is quite nice. relaxes me, i fall asleep, and wake up refreshed. this is my first experience with any type of sleep aid/enhancer, what have you. and despite having only about 5 - 5.5 hours of sleep, i still woke up fairly easily and was good all day. no grogginess, no falling asleep during the day, etc.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
day 3 - 1/20/09

supplements
pslin 400mg w/ 6 scoops xtend, 100g wms
jacked 2.5 scoops w/ 800mg 1-c
1-c pre workout and 800mg pre bed, mixed in 2 scoops muscle milk

training
cloe grip ez curls -superset- skull crushers
45 x 15 -ss- 45 x 15
60 x 12 -ss- 60 x 12
75 x 12 -ss- 75 x 12
95 x 10 -ss- 95 x 10
75 x 12 -ss- 75 x 12

close grip bench -superset- reverse curls
95 x 12 -ss- 45 x 12
115 x 15 -ss- 55 x 15
135 x 15 -ss- 55 x 15
185 x 8 -ss- 70 x 10
135 x 15 -ss- 70 x 10

cable curls, ez bar attachment, outside grip
80 x 15
100 x 15
120 x 15
100 x 15
80 x 15 + 9 partial reps in bottom half of motion

reverse grip pressdowns, ez bar attachment
130 x 15
160 x 15
200 x 15
150 x 11
100 x 12

notes
holy moly. i was waiting for an arm day to really see how pslin performed. typically i have the best and most noticeable pumps on arm day, as im sure everyone does. this was unreal. my arms literally blew up. after the first couple sets on my first exercise, my arms were dialed in and ready for a beating haha. it was pretty unreal.

i didnt really notice anything with the 1-c preworkout, so i probably wont use it that way anymore. again, it was quite beneficial pre bed.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
day 4 - 1/21/09

day off. i did make a mass monster shake with the pslin in the morning. started getting some nice veinage carrying my backpack around school haha.

and 800mg 1-c at night

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
day 5 - 1/22/09

supplements
pslin 600mg - mass monster shake! - 2 scoops pro complete, 2/3 cups ground oats, 1 cup skim milk, 50g wms, water, and ice cubes
3 rpm
2 adrenaline
1-c 800mg pre bed with 2 scoops pro complete

training
flat bench
135 x 12
165 x 12
185 x 10
185 x 8

incline db press
50's x 12
60's x 12
70's x 12
70's x 12

machine shoulder press -superset- shrugs (plate in each hand x 20 for each set of presses)
40 x 15
50 x 15 (sitting reverse)
60 x 15 (sitting reverse)
70 x 15 (sitting reverse)

db raises (around the world type motion as described in day 1)
15's x 15 x 3

cable face pulls
80 x 20
120 x 15 x 3

ez curl bar row (not cable, hands on outer grips)
75 x 15
125 x 15
145 x 13
145 x 12

wide grip pull downs
120 x 15
165 x 15
195 x 15 (PR)
210 x 12 (another PR)

notes
this was the first time using the mass monster shake pre workout and holy crap. big difference from day 1. pump was much more intense, endurance and recovery was enhanced. all around, just a phenomenal workout.

on chest, i couldnt be happier to be hitting moderate weights on db press again. shoulder was feeling a bit uncomfortable, but nothing i couldnt handle. flat bench was also good.

shoudlers was awesome. ive never really done higher rep work on shoulders like this, thus not having this kind of a pump before in my delts. totally awesome haha. the around the world raises are also pretty sweet. a nice change from the boring front, side, and rear raises.

back was, to say the least, orgasmic haha. the last few months ive really nailed the mind muscle connection for my back, and im starting to see how much of a difference it really makes. not only for the pump, but overall growth. probably one of my favorite back workouts, and it was something i just kind of did. didnt think too much about it, i just slapped the weights on went to work. the hand placement on the ez curl bar is just right too. allows for a nice contraction at the top, and easy gripping without too much pain on the wrists. also gave my forearms a gnarly pump.

side note, thursdays i have two 3-hour labs. one is for calc based physics, and the other is for intro to electrical engineering. both are very relaxed teachers.

so i get into my second lab at about 1:10 pm. teacher comes in, tells us we dont have the materials for the lab today, and lets us go. SO AWESOME haha.

and the lab before was a joke. we rolled steel marbles down a ramp and measure the time and velocity with a laser connected to a computer. sometimes i wonder why people hate physics so much. i mean the calculations can be ridiculous, but all in all, its a pretty awesome subject. plus its great for dinner parties :toofunny:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
this was the first time using the mass monster shake pre workout and holy crap. big difference from day 1. pump was much more intense, endurance and recovery was enhanced. all around, just a phenomenal workout.
Nice! :fing02:

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
a couple things.....

woke up at a dry, and somewhat leaner 204 this morning. looking very full. also, i am basically DOMS free right now. a little in my back. but nothing crazy. im going to say this is the 1-c. workouts like the ones ive been having are generally a recipe for soreness all day for me. i normally do not recover this fast. and i think this will end up a being a very wise decision to use 1-c because my routine is hitting everything twice a week.

im gonna make a shake right now, and head to the gym for legs, calves, and abs. not going to hit squats tho. lower back is a bit sore from bent over rows last night, and ive already squatted twice this week. workout will be like this.

leg curls 3-4 sets
leg extensions 5-6 sets, going as heavy as possible
hack squats, feet high and close together 2-3 sets
hack squats, feet high and wide apart 2-3 sets
seated calve extensions 3-4 sets
ab work to be determined

oooo and im getting 3-2lb containers of whey blend from ATW today. so stoked. chocolate mint, wild berry, and cinnamon bun.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
oooo and im getting 3-2lb containers of whey blend from ATW today. so stoked. chocolate mint, wild berry, and cinnamon bun.
Great protein... I love the CB!

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
im lagging on the updates. i shall play catch up tonight.

mini update:

STILL HAVING AWESOME WORKOUTS AND AMAZING SLEEP.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dontcha love 1-c man!! Great sleep and horny as hell!

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
2 weeks in retrospect.

sorry for the lack of updates. a few things have been keeping me occupied.

-3 midterms
-recent subscription to netflix
-recent subscription to xbox live
-hitting a plateau and trying to up the calories, meaning more cooking, preparing, etc etc.

as of today, i have got through 4 full cycles of my routine, basically hitting everything 4 times total in 2 weeks.

some things to note:
-my weight continues to hover around 202-204 :(
-hit 205 on flat bench for a clean set of 6 during my third routine
-started doing front squats on saturday
-left bicep feels like it may have a strain (same side that had shoulder problems, but it feels like it is the muscle itself that hurts rather than the joint or tendon)
-pslin is only being dosed pre workout and only on training days, 400-600mg in a mass monster shake
-1-c has been a bit shaky on dosing due to odd sleep patterns, but for the most part has been dosed 10 of the 14 days pre bed

some results as of today:
-solid sleep with the 1-c, even with minimum of 5 hrs sleep.
-looking dryer in the morning after dosing 1-c
-slight libido increase, not sure if that is due to the 1-c
-arms are getting bigger
-vascularity seems to increase with each workout
-legs are beginning to have some shape
-calves seem to be growing a little bit
-bodyfat seems to be staying about the same, while muscle seems to be increasing

miscellaneous thoughts:
im loving the combo. hands down, pslin is one of my favorite supplements. much better than anabolic pump, much better than neovar, though respectively, both products have their place in my heart for other reasons :D.

although i feel i have hit a wall recently with my gains, i think it is working to my advantage and i am now achieving a recomp effect. im trying a few different things to get some extra calories in. ive switched to 2% milk to get a little extra fat. im making 2 shakes a day (milk, oats, whey). i suppose this may be a good spot to switch around my macros a bit, increase cardio, and really go into a full on recomp. but, my heart is still set on hitting at least 210.

also, a couple additions to the line up. i added osteo sport last saturday when i bought a bottle at the la expo for 20 bucks. i also picked up a bottle of neovar, but ill save that for my activate extreme run. and i will be adding jungle warfare starting tmrw. i planned starting it today, but i forgot to dose it this morning, so ill just do it tmrw. will be dosing it at 3 caps day (breakfast, lunch, dinner), and will hopefully get a little something out of it. fyi, it is the newer version of JW, and comes to you courtesy of volcom :thumbsup:

ill be hitting chest, back, and delts tmrw night. legs wednesday. arms thurs.

also, i may be grabbing some bulk cissus. im trying to decide between the usp 10%, primaforce 40%, or getting bulk 40% from another store, which happens to be the same source of cissus that prima uses in their caps. i know snag has experience with the usp, just curious if anyone has used a high % extract before.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Man you don't mess around when you do get around to updating, do you? :lol:
Haha, nice..
The higher the % of ketosterones in cissus, the more suitable it is for it's anabolic properties, conversely, the less joint relief it will give you..

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Man you don't mess around when you do get around to updating, do you? :lol:
Haha, nice..
The higher the % of ketosterones in cissus, the more suitable it is for it's anabolic properties, conversely, the less joint relief it will give you..
so if i pick up the usp bulk, what would you suggest for dosage? i recall you saying something like 3-4 grams per day?

and i hate to sound like a nancy boy, but hows the taste of the bulk?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've got no clue on the bulk bro, but I've heard it's not the tastiest thing around from others.
3-4g for joint relief should suffice; I go higher when I want to bring the anabloic properties into play, get the super-sheathed tendons/joints action going on as well.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
currently sipping on 70g wms, 400mg pslin, 4 scoops xtend, 1.5 scoops jacked. pretty tasty. hitting chest back and delts in about 20 mins. hopin for an awesome workout.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
currently sipping on 70g wms, 400mg pslin, 4 scoops xtend, 1.5 scoops jacked. pretty tasty. hitting chest back and delts in about 20 mins. hopin for an awesome workout.
DAMN!!! That is one muscle fueling set up.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
day 17 - 2/3/09

supplements
pslin 600mgs w/ 70g wms, 4 scoops xtend pre workout, and 1.5 scoops jacked, then 2 scoops xtend and 40g wms intra
1-c 800mgs w/ 2 scoops whey isolate, and 1.5 pure canola oil (anybody ever use this? nutritional profile is awesome, but ive never heard of anybody using it as a fat source :dunno:)

training
(just going to be giving highlights of each exercise)

•flat bench - hit 225 for a clean set of 3 and one spotted rep
•incline db press - got 70's up for a clean and comfortable set of
•low cable flyes - ridiculous pump, really got the veins poppin

•close grip cable rows - hit 210 for a cleanest set of 12 ive ever done. perfect form, no jerking or swaying, and it felt great.
•wide grip pull downs - was able to hit 210 for a nice set of 10, again, with great form, and solid contractions on each rep
•face pulls with rope attachment -superset- rope pull overs - arnold came to mind during the workout and i decided to use the pull over method he does in pumping iron. who woulda thought it was a really good move?)

•seated db shoulder press - used 60's for a set of 8 or 10, i cant remember. shoulder felt pretty good. did about 6 sets of these.
•machine shoulder press, reverse seated - did 2 or 3 pump sets with light weight.

notes
really good workout. i looked fcuking huge those for some reason. i think im just kinda noticing the extra weight ive put on. arms looked bigger, back felt bigger, even my forearms felt heavier than normal.

one thing that i notice with pslin is the short amount of time and effort it takes to get a really good pump going. then the rest of the workout just feels like maintenance. its like one set into a body part and boom its dialed in for whatever i throw at it.

if you notice, i also didnt use the mass monster shake. i was getting a little bored of the shake, so i decided to switch it up. i will probably switch these up every other week or so. and i still have probably close to 3 or 4 weeks worth of pslin left. makes me sad that this will eventually run out.

the 1-c knocked me right out. woke up a couple times during the night, so i woke up a little bit groggy, but i still woke up lookin fairly dry and lean.

jungle warfare is now in the mix at 3 caps per day. this is the new version, so im not expecting a whole lot from it, but i can assume ill get a little boost from the divanil, i hope.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
day 18 - 2/4/09

supplements
pslin 600mg with 70g wms, 4 scoops xtend, 2 scoops jacked (downed 15 mins pre workout)
2 scoops xtend+30g wms (intra workout)
jungle warfare 3 caps (breakfast lunch dinner)
1-c 800mg with 2 scoops whey and 2 tbsp canola oil

training

leg extensions - 4 warm up sets
leg curls - 4 warm up sets
deads - 315 for 2 sets of 3
front squats - 2 or 3 sets of 12 at 95, then 2 sets of 8 at 135
seated calf raises - 4 sets of 20 with 2 plates, super slow, super tight contraction
ab superset (hanging knee raises, knees to elbows -superset- cable crunches - 4 or 5 sets of 15 for each.

notes
pretty good workout. the highlight of course was deads. it was the first time doing em in probably 2 months. my back started to hurt so i stopped deads for a while, but it didnt really start to feel good until about a month ago, but i was still scared to do em. but i just decided to sack up and get em done. my numbers before stopping were 365 for a set of 3, and my numbers for this session was 315 for 2 sets of 3, but i just kinda stopped at 3. i figure i could probably hit 5 in an all out set.

pump was good. again, set in during the 2nd or 3rd set of extensions, and just progressed and maintained itself throughout the entire workout.

calves started to reallllly pop out after the seated raises. was fairly difficult to walk down the stairs.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
day 19 - 2/5/09

supplements
pslin 600mg with 70g wms, 4 scoops xtend, 2 scoops jacked, 1.5g 1-c (30 mins pre workout)
xtend - 2 scoops+30g wms (intra workout)
1-c 800mg pre bed, and 1.5g pre workout
jungle warfare 3 caps (breakfast lunch dinner)

training
one arm cable pressdowns - 3 or 4 light warm up sets for each arm
skull crushers - 75lbs for 4 sets of 15 plus 10 or 12 close grip presses right after
one arm rope push downs - 3 or 4 sets for each arm of about 15, one arm right after the other, no stopping
one arm high cable curls - 3 or 4 warm up sets
underhand chin ups, grip slightly inside shoulder width - just a couple sets of 8-12, good stretch, slow movement, tight contraction
ez bar reverse curls - worked up to 2 sets of 65 for 12-15 reps
ez close grip curls - 2 or 3 sets of 15 plus a handful of partial reps after each set
one arm db wrist curls - worked up to 80db for a set of 12 in each hand
heavy db holds - used the 120's for 2 sets of about 30 seconds

15 minutes moderate cardio on the stationary bike. kepy me heart rate around 130-135.

notes
really really good workout. pump was outstanding. focus was outstanding. intensity was outstanding. everything felt much more turned on with the addition of the 1-c. 1.5g seems to have hit the nail on the head.

this was one of the first workouts where i got a pump, kept it through the workout, noticed it start to decline, and called it quits despite having some other exercises planned. it was a good indicator to me that im starting to get to know my limits and train by feeling a bit more than pure numbers. something that seems to be crucial to hypertrophy.

all in all, another great workout.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
day 20 - 2/6/09

good news. woke up at a dry 206lbs this morning. fairly stoked on that. this is my heaviest weight so far in my bodybuilding 'career' if you will. pretty stoked on it. starting to bust through my plateau i hope. probably through a combination of trying to get more calories in, as well as my current routine starting to show some results.

couple things to note:
-libido is on the rise. ill try my best to keep it contained haha.
-ill be ordering some primaforce cissus caps this weekend, hopefully get those sometime next week. ive used supercissus before, had good results, but ive read that people have had the same or better results with the normal dosage plan from primaforce, and you get a full 30 days out of the same 30 bucks.
-going to take a few days off training. get some rehab in on my shoulder cuz its been feeling kinda crappy lately. ill start the routine again on monday.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
kickn ass man!

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
weighed in at 208 a little bit ago.

ive got arms tmrw, and then ill post up my updates for the last 3 days.

tmrw ive got a job interview at ICY DOCK (www.icydock.com) for a assistant sales engineer. basically just an assistant to everyone involved in sales. doing everything from customer service, order processing, tech support, etc etc. super stoked.

wish me luck.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
weighed in at 208 a little bit ago.

ive got arms tmrw, and then ill post up my updates for the last 3 days.

tmrw ive got a job interview at ICY DOCK (www.icydock.com) for a assistant sales engineer. basically just an assistant to everyone involved in sales. doing everything from customer service, order processing, tech support, etc etc. super stoked.

wish me luck.
Belated good luck bro. I'm sure you've already interviewed by now, but well wishes nonetheless.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Belated good luck bro. I'm sure you've already interviewed by now, but well wishes nonetheless.
thanks dood. i actually got the job during the interview. im THAT good.

***update***
was 206 his morning. seems im hovering around 206 now, which means im up a couple pounds. today was a day off. ill be hitting chest back and delts tmrw night. and ill hopefully get around to my updates tmrw after work.

now, off to study for a circuit analysis midterm, and a psychology midterm, both tmrw. AWESOME.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck with mid-terms buddy!

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
woke up at 208 today. thats a first. my first day of work today at ICY DOCK. pretty excited. chest back delts tonight. also excited for that.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pslin + JW was massively effective for me. How is the strength coming along?

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Pslin + JW was massively effective for me. How is the strength coming along?

its coming along slowly but surely. im not really going lower than 8 reps on most things. deads are coming back up to normal from my little hiatus. bench is creeping back up as well. this is the first time ive really just been looking for a pump. like i had a 15 minute arm workout the other day before my interview and it was pretty intense for those 15 minutes. and my sleeves were really tight when i put my clean shirt on.

i would ask how the cut is going, but it looks like its EXTREMELY successful. hows school and 2 jobs treatin you?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
its coming along slowly but surely. im not really going lower than 8 reps on most things. deads are coming back up to normal from my little hiatus. bench is creeping back up as well. this is the first time ive really just been looking for a pump. like i had a 15 minute arm workout the other day before my interview and it was pretty intense for those 15 minutes. and my sleeves were really tight when i put my clean shirt on.

i would ask how the cut is going, but it looks like its EXTREMELY successful. hows school and 2 jobs treatin you?
The schedule is coming together alright. This is the first week where I have homework and papers due by the coming week, so I'll see how studying and what nots fit into everything.

What day of JW are you on? I think I just recently started noticing the inclusion of JW in your arsenal.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh, and thanks for the compliment. The cut is workout out well. I've never been on a 5-6 meals a day diet, so ironically, my cutting diet has become more anabolic then my usual diet. Thus, my strength is not budging and has increased in some areas (but decreased in other's as well). Overall, it's still going quite successfully.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
day 32 - 2/18/09

supplements
pslin 600 mg 4 scoops xtend, 80g wms, 1.5g 1-c, 1 scoop jacked (downed 15-20 mins pre workout)
jungle warfare 2 caps with morning shake w/ 15g fat, 2 caps with pre workout meal of 8oz lean ground beef, handful or two of w/w rotini, organic sauce, and parmesan cheese, around 20g fat.
osteo sport 5 caps about 30 mins before pre workout meal on empty stomach

training
seated db shoulder press
30's x 15
40's x 15
50's x 13
50's x 12

bb upright rows
50 x 20
70 x 15
90 x 13
90 x 13

db side raises
15's x 14 x 3

rope face pulls
100 x 13
120 x 12
140 x 12
160 x 12

pull ups
shoulder width grip - bw x 8
palms in, shoulder width - bw x 6
palms in, close grip - bw x 7
underhand, slightly inside shoulder width, bw x 10

single arm db rows
80 x 15
100 x 12
120 x 12

wide grip pull downs, slow concentrated reps
135 x 12
165 x 12
180 x 11
180 x 8

flat db press
40's x 20
50's x 15
60's x 12
70's x 12
80's x 10
90's x 7 :biglaugh:

hammer strength incline press (weight is on each side)
45 x 12
70 x 12
90 x 12

cable, rope pull overs
80 x 15
100 x 15
120 x 14
120 x 11

notes
tremendous workout. focus was spot on. energy smooth. intensity high. all around, very good.

as you can see, very happy about getting the 90's up. first time back doing flat db press in probably about 6 months. very impressed actually at how easy my strength is coming back.

a little bit of discomfort in my shoulder. took it easy after the flat db press. hammer press felt kinda light, but i didnt have the balls to go any heavier for fear of pain in my shoulder.

pump, again, very easy to get going with pslin/wms combo. pretty much instant pump within a couple sets of a bodypart. seems like even if focus is off, or kind of having a bad day, a pump is still easily achieved.

weight is still kicking back around 206-208. very awesome. i think ive got a couple more weeks in me for a bulk. im really starting to dislike the extra fluff on my body. ESPECIALLY on my gut.

also, havent really been dosing the 1-c at night, due to unstable sleep patterns the past couple of weeks. i definitely like the focus and euphoric feeling for pre workout use. so i think ill just stay my course using it pre workout always, and when i am able to, use it for sleep.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
watching religulous right now (the bill maher movie). ill get tonights leg workout and update going tmrw. no school. but i do have work.

as for skipping about a week and a half of updates, well had a couple hectic weeks. midterms, new job, homework, girlfriend, etc. so i just skipped ahead and started a bit fresh. ive got another week and a half or two weeks left of JW doses. will probably begin my recomp in about 3-4 weeks. will include 6-8 weeks of drive, activate extreme, neovar, possibly pslin again, 1-c, and a super clean diet, with hopefully lots of fasted AP training :D

oh and ive also got primaforce cissus on the whey (get it?). and more ATW. choc mint and pb cup. 10lbs. AWESOME. also got my dad to order some cissus for his knee.

alright. im out.