Irish Rugby with Muscle Pharm's Battle Fuel and Bulletproof- Rugby Offseason Training

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
I have seen what MP's Assault can do and I love what Bulletproof has to offer, so I decided to continue my offseason training with MP's Battle Fuel and get another bucket of Bulletproof too.

Sex: Male

Height: 6'1"

Weight: ~210

Diet Anabolic:

Meal: Mon-Sat Cals Prot Fat Carb
Breakfast: 4 Scrambled eggs 4 pieces of bacon 600 34 48.4 4

Snack: 2 cans of chicken Breast 2tbsp light mayo 440 36 23 6
2 cheese sticks
Lunch: 2 smoked brats 2 sticks of cheese 660 34 50 8

Snack Protein shake turkey slices w/cheese slice 425 64 14.5 7

Dinner: 8oz chicken breast w/ spinach 220 46 2 0

Snack: 3 pieces cotto salami 2 cheese sticks 660 74 35 8
protein shake
Total 3005 288 172.9 33

Sunday Carb upfeed.

Water intake = 1-2 gallons/day

Other supplements:
ON Whey Protein
Fish Oil
BCAA's
Multivitamin

Goals:
Continue to put on muscle mass and gain in strength. I am not shooting for any real sort of number, but any weight gain will be a positive. I am just getting ready for Winter indoor training sessions that start in January.

Before:

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Day 1:
My aggression in the gym was noticably higher with the battle fuel. and my energy was way up. I felt like I could have done another hour worth of a workout. It was really awesome.
Legs:
5 minute jog warm up
Leg Press 500x10 500x10 410x10 410 x10
Explosion Squats 235 x10 x4
Calf extensions.
Abs

15 minutes of HIIT 10 mph sprints down to 3 mph at 1 minute intervals.

Rugby video of the day:
YouTube - Big rugby tackles

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Supplement Review for Day 1:

I really like Battle Fuel. It gives me a ton of energy and motivation in the gym, even while running (I hate running unless its on the rugby field). I actually enjoyed my HIIT today and I made my fiance' do it with me and she hated it and *****ed incesantly about it, ha ha. I felt amazing while doing legs today too and that is a huge plus because lifting legs is not one of my favorite things to do either.

I have used Bulletproof before, but I got the Orange Raspberry this time. Tastes similar to the grape stuff because of the after taste, but it still tastes good to me. It is 20 minutes to midnight and I took it about 10 minutes ago and I am getting pretty drowsy.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Day 2:

Took the Battle Fuel right after I got up and hit the gym and had a great Chest and Shoulder work out. I really am diggin on the way it makes me feel while lifting.

Chest:

DB Bench 85x10 75x10 70x10 65x10
Incline Bench 150x10 145x10 135x10 135x10
Decline Flys 50x10 50x10 45x10 45x10
Push ups 25 x4

Shoulders:
Front/Side/Rear Extensions 17.5 x10 15x10 12.5x10
Shoulder Shrugs 80x10 75x10 70x10 65x10

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
looking good so far Irish

who do you play for and what position?

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Day 3/4/5

I was out and about the last couple days so big update here.
Day 3:
Triceps:
Rope Pulldowns 80x10 75x10 70x10 65x10
Above head extension 75 x10 70 x10 65 x10 60 x10
Isolated above head ext 30 x10 x4
Biceps:
Isolated curls 50 x10 50x10 45x10 45x10
Hammer Curls 30x10 30x10 25x10 25x10
Preachers 75 x10 70x10 65x10 60x10

Back
Lat Pull downs 100x10 100x10 80x10 80x10
Seated Rows 85x10 80x10 75x10 70x10
Hammer rows 50x10 x4
Lower Back extensions 25 reps x4

Day 4:
Legs:
5 minute jog warm up
Leg Press 500x10 500x10 410x10 410 x10
Explosion Squats 235 x10 x4
Calf extensions 90 x10 x4
Abs

15 minutes of HIIT 10 mph sprints down to 3 mph at 1 minute intervals.

Day5:
Off Day

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
I play for the Eastside Banshees and I play Flanker and 8man.
2 solid positions there Irish

No.8 (8man) - The best position in the forwards IMHO

keep up the good work and all the best with next season

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Thanks guys,

I love playing 8. I get to punish people on both sides of the ball all the time.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Lookin leaner since the last time you posted pics. Good ****.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Lookin leaner since the last time you posted pics. Good ****.
Thanks man, I am getting there, the switching up of my diet and the introduction of HIIT has been helpful. I hoping that it continues to happen.

trueathlete

trueathlete

Muscle Pharm Rep
Awards
Nice log!!

Does Battle Fuel give you a little more aggression when playing rugby?
I notice it a lot especiaslly my aggression levels when competiing on Battle Fuel.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Nice log!!

Does Battle Fuel give you a little more aggression when playing rugby?
I notice it a lot especiaslly my aggression levels when competiing on Battle Fuel.
I can see where it would, I have not yet played while taking it, but I am already really aggressive out on the field anyway and with the added aggression I have in the gym I am assuming that it would get me pretty pumped up on the rugby pitch. I notice that it really gives me a drive to go further especially while running, that could be extremely beneficial on the rugby pitch as well.

fizzy2562

fizzy2562

Awards
wait a sec are you actually irish...
or just one of those people claiming to be...:p

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
wait a sec are you actually irish...
or just one of those people claiming to be...:p
I have Irish ancestry and I actually plan on going/moving to Ireland in the next couple years because one of Ireland's immigration law states that if you can trace back your heritage to where your relatives got off the boat from Ireland, you are automatically a citizen of Ireland. Both my Fiance' and I can do that and I want to go overseas and play rugby for awhile, so it all kind of works out. Plus, Guinness in Ireland is way different than Guinness here I am told, so that gives me all the more reason to go over there.

fizzy2562

fizzy2562

Awards
Mmm.. sorry to be the bearer of bad news but stay as far away from Ireland at the mo and for the next few years.
there are no funking jobs and because are goverment are a bunch of criminals they spent all the money we saved when times were good. So now people with jobs get taxed to the heavens.
on a side note the level of rugby is very high though..

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Mmm.. sorry to be the bearer of bad news but stay as far away from Ireland at the mo and for the next few years.
there are no funking jobs and because are goverment are a bunch of criminals they spent all the money we saved when times were good. So now people with jobs get taxed to the heavens.
the munster game against the all blacks was a great game

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Thats not fun. I take you are from Ireland?

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
the munster game against the all blacks was a great game
So was the Wales v All Blacks game. After watching the Ireland Argentina game and then watching the Wales All Blacks its easy to see why the All Blacks are ranked no. 1.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
B are you going to be at the World Cup in NZ in 2011?

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
B are you going to be at the World Cup in NZ in 2011?
Maybe, it's still a while away, maybe the all blacks can finally bring home the big one and stop choking at world cup time :lol:

are you going to come down and watch it or even be playing for the eagles?

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Maybe, it's still a while away, maybe the all blacks can finally bring home the big one and stop choking at world cup time :lol:

are you going to come down and watch it or even be playing for the eagles?
It is a long way away. I would love to play, but I doubt that I will make the team. I will definately be coming down though for it in one way or another. I didn't go to France and I wish I would have so I am definately making it to NZ.

fizzy2562

fizzy2562

Awards
the kiwis are such bottlers...
the munster game was unbelievable...
Saying that i do feel they will win in their back garden..
they definatly have the squad for it..
oh and have a look on you tube for dan carter getting sphere'd yesterday playing for perpinaghan against leicester.
and yes i'm a dubliner!

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
It is a long way away. I would love to play, but I doubt that I will make the team. I will definately be coming down though for it in one way or another. I didn't go to France and I wish I would have so I am definately making it to NZ.
if our dollar stays the way it is, you'll get 2 for 1 on the currency exchange, that's gotta be a good start.

the irish are well liked and respected here as well so you won't be short on making new friends

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
the kiwis are such bottlers...
the munster game was unbelievable...
Saying that i do feel they will win in their back garden..
they definatly have the squad for it..
oh and have a look on you tube for dan carter getting sphere'd yesterday playing for perpinaghan against leicester.
and yes i'm a dubliner!
D.C can handle it bro, he had a stellar first game for his "new" club. afterall he is making NZ $1.5 M for his one season there so he's gotta expect a bit of "attention" and roughing up.

fizzy2562

fizzy2562

Awards
yeah i had a couple of mates living near wellington who went over for a year.. they loved it.. they told a story bout some OTC party pills.. They both went f^^king out of there skull for a night!

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if our dollar stays the way it is, you'll get 2 for 1 on the currency exchange, that's gotta be a good start.

the irish are well liked and respected here as well so you won't be short on making new friends
that's because we're both pisshead nations :thumbsup:

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
yeah i had a couple of mates living near wellington who went over for a year.. they loved it.. they told a story bout some OTC party pills.. They both went f^^king out of there skull for a night!
yea, those OTC party pills got squashed a while ago and have been made illegal. BZP was the active ingredient.

i think BZP is legal in Ireland?

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yea, those OTC party pills got squashed a while ago and have been made illegal. BZP was the active ingredient.

i think BZP is legal in Ireland?
I remember those b unit. Not much difference between the legal and not-so-legal versions...

Its sale is banned in a few countries, including the United States, Australia, New Zealand and in parts of Europe.[2] However, its legal status is currently less restrictive in some other countries such as Ireland and Canada, although investigations and regulations are pending under European Union laws.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Day 6:

I think I am starting to get sick. I have a cold sore which, for me anyway, generally means that I am about to get sick. That and the fact that I am losing my voice and have some significant chest congestion. I still will get the pump everyday except my carb upfeed day. I am going to punch this cold in the face...

Anyway,

Day 6:
Chest:
DB Bench 85x10 80x10 70x10 60x10
Incline Bench 135x10 115x10 115x10 115x10 (my left rotator cuff really bugs me on incline).
Cable Low Fly 65x10 65x10 50x10 45x10

Shoulders:
DB Front ext \
DB Side ext ------- 17.5 x10 15 x10 12.5 x10
DB Back ext /

DB Shrugs 85 x10 70 x10 65 x10 60 x10

The Battle Fuel continues to impress (As does the Bulletproof) my aggression in the gym continues to be outstanding and my focus has never been better.

Not to go off on a rant here, but when someone is standing there watching me on a bench/machine and I place my towel there and get up to get a drink of water, that does not mean that I am done with said bench/machine, that is why I put my sweat soaked towel on said bench/machine so you dumb ****ers wouldn't annex it mid set, but no apparently 16 year old kids and cougars do not know what this means because for the 3rd lift in a row I have had to change up my **** because some cougar or kid decided that the towel meant that I was done and was just being an inconsiderate prick. Its not like a was taking up a lot of time either, I had just sat down and ripped out my first set. I did not say anything though because bitching at them is not focusing at the task at hand, plus it pisses me off so much that I lift harder. So in a roundabout way I should be thanking them for the stupidity and/or lack of gym etiquette. The worst part was on Saturday when I was leg pressing and the cougar absconded with the machine she sat on it for like 45 minutes. Needless to say the explosion squat set was intense....
/rant

Anyway, the Battle Fuel is really good and I like it alot. As for the Bulletproof I continue to get good sleep and wake up with a positive disposition, which is a change from my normal demenor in the morning. My dreams are kind of messed up and I have been writing them down and I am starting to wonder what the **** is wrong with me...HA HA. In all honesty though most of them are wedding related because I am getting married in six months and the wedding is stressing me out. So I think thats why I consistanly dream about it.

3 MONTHS (or so) UNTIL OUTDOOR RUGBY TRAINING!!!

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Day 7:
Rope Pulldowns 80x10 75x10 70x10 65x10
Above head extension 75 x10 70 x10 65 x10 60 x10
Isolated above head ext 30 x10 x4
Skull Crushers 45x10x4
Biceps:
Isolated curls 50 x10 50x10 45x10 45x10
Hammer Curls 30x10 30x10 25x10 25x10
Preachers 75 x10 70x10 65x10 60x10

Back:
Lat Pull Downs 70x10 60x10 60x10 50x10
Seated Row 80x10x4
Barbell Standing Row 135x10 135x10 115x10 95x10
Lower Back Extensions 25x4

Energy was a bit low today because I am fighting off a chest cold. That and I got up really early to go get a filling at the dentist. Hopefully tomorrow I feel better and my energy is higher for legs.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Day 8:
Energy Way down today. I got some of a workout in, but then I couldnt breath because of my cold and proceeded to get nauseated so I stopped. Its 11:15 and I am going to bed now.

Legs:

Leg Press 450x10 450x10 270x10 270x10
Explosion Squats 225x10x4
Calf Extensions 90x10x4

5 minutes of Cardio.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
we should have a friendly or scrimmage practice sometime this spring

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
For sure I will pm you the email address of the guy who sets up our matches for us. He knows when all of our matches are this spring, that way we can find an open weekend.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Energy is back up again today, but my cold is worse. I will be lifting in about 5 hours, so I am trying to hydrate myself as much as possible. I miss carbohydrate a lot right now. They catered in Oliver Garden for lunch today at work. It smelled amazing, but I stuck to my normal routine and did not give in. Sunday the Twin Cities area is going to be out carbs because I am going to eat all of them.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Day 9:
No lift tonight. I didnt get done with work until late and my energy is zapped. I am going to try and rest this cold off because I feel like absolute crap at the moment. Going to eat and go to bed.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
rest is very important when fighting a cold bro, your body needs all it's energy to boost your immune system

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Yeah, I gotta get over this cold or I am going to get really sick and I dont really want that. Anyway, its bed time, Good night all.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Dude I'm telling you, after your first carb up meal you will hate carb ups LOL

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
I am looking forward to hating it because its all I have looked forward too this week. Anyway, I am getting in the gym tonight come hell or high water.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Day 10:
Sick as hell

Day 11:
Sicker yet

Day 12:
Feeling better and Carb upload on a forceful upload because I was sick I hit 2000g carbs and then passed out.

Day 13:
Felt amazing when I woke up this morning and I had today off from work. So I got a good lift in.

Weight = 202 (-6lbs since Thursday) The diet is kicking in and I am leaning out, but cold really zapped my appetite too. I was still getting a fair amount of calories in, but got that sucked. I forgot how good normal feels. Strength was down a little today, but that is to be expected after being nearly bed ridden on Saturday.

Chest:
DB Bench 85x10 80x8 70x8 60x10
Incline Bench 115x10 115x10 115x10 115x10
Cable Low Fly 65x10 65x10 50x10 45x10

Shoulders:
DB Front ext \
DB Side ext ------- 17.5 x10 15 x10 12.5 x10
DB Back ext /

DB Shrugs 65x10x4

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
My diet is going to be somewhat suspect this week due to it being Christmas and going home to my parents means eating a lot of food that probably doesnt fit into the CKD.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure you'll be fine bro, i wouldnt worrry too much about it. gotta live it up every now and then lol

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
My diet is going to be somewhat suspect this week due to it being Christmas and going home to my parents means eating a lot of food that probably doesnt fit into the CKD.
i ate a shitload of crap over xmas, nothing a couple of weeks of early morning walks won't fix, lol