Bravo's Eatin Playground Candy From a Universal Nut.(Sponsored)

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Title - Thanks to resolve in a previous thread. Thought it would be a perfect fit. And thanks To HG for this delightful candy!

I'm gonna be running Universal Nutrition's Intra-Aid and Beta Ala9 starting on 12/8!
Previous similar supplements
I will be comparing Intra-Aid to what i have used or tasted already: Xtend, LG's BC + EAA, and Purple Wrath (only used 2 sample packs which was awesome due to the BA tingles.

My supplements during this log:
Intra-Aid​
Beta Ala9​
Nutra's CEE
GlycerGrow​

Daily Staples​
Fish oil
Multi Vit.
Dymatize Whey Protein​

My Workouts
I will be going 4 days a week with some cardio. Lower/Upper/Lower/Upper This is a result from my 7 week old injury. I'm trying to get my shoulder back and healthy so therefore legs will be a huge emphasis. This will hopefully get me where I need to be so I can start my upcoming cycle which will consist of havoc/MMv2. I've just been set back a bit from a torn tendon in my shoulder. Their will be some cardio involved which should be aided by the Supplements.

Current Weight: Weight: 210

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Some Pics for you guys!
I took these 2 months ago right after my DTH/Ether Tab/and Prime run. It was a 4 week run.
Weight is 214lb here!

Attachments

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
I took this one monday. Dec. 1st 2008. You can tell the difference in some mass that i had on before, but I am more defined in this one.
Weight is 207lb here! I've put on about 3 pounds this week already. I about 210lb now.

Attachments

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can really see the leanness - better definition across the chest, abs and arms.

Up three lb in a week? That's quick. What do you think that weight is? Recovered lean mass from muscle memory hopefully? :)

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
I have been eatin around 4000 to 4500 cals a day! Which puts me up around 1500 more than my norm! But I also feel that my leg workouts have helped a lot! Ive had more energy lately! Puttin some pants on today seemed a lot more tighter than normal!

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

LEGS
5:00 - 6:00 AM
Treadmill - 10 min jog. worked up a sweat.

Superset
40lb DB's Lunges 3 x (8 each leg)
110lbs Standing Leg Curl Machine 3 x 12

Superset
Leg Press Machine - 360lb's 3x15
Squat Jumps - BW 3 x 15
I was hurtin pretty good by the second set. legs were heavy and tight.

Superset
Leg Ext. 120lbs. 3 x 12
Standing Calves 200lbs 3 x 20 w/10sec. neg. pause

Abs - 200 crunches.

Supplements and Timing
4:30AM awake
4:40 Glycergrow 2 scoops
4:40 Beta Ala9 - 3 caps
4:50 Granola Bar
5:00 Treadmill warm-up.
5:15 First taste of Intra-Aid(mixed my level scoop with 20oz. of water. Drank this throughout my workout after my cardio warm-up. I took my last sip after my last Leg Ext. set. which was around 5:45

First Reaction to Intra-Aid & Beta Ala9
Beta Ala9 - I had the tingles as soon as i got on the treadmill. Got a great sweat. I even had them throughout my workout and even felt them after it. I guess it's been a while since i've had some. If this continues I will enjoy it. helped me work up a great sweat throughout the whole workout. The squat jumps kicked me pretty good.
The Intra-Aid taste was a good rasberry taste. I did take it with 2 scoops of tasteless odorless glycergrow. It does remind me of LG's amino complex but just stronger. I was expecting more of a sweat taste but it wasn't sweat at all. Which doesnt bother me I just know i would have to up the dose of other supps to get what one serving has of Intra-Aid. My legs feel fine as of right now. not tight or dragging. I know for a fact it helped me recover in the aspect that I didn't fatigue as hard as usuall. didn't get as light headed and ill-stomach during my leg exercise.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Squat jumps? It's gonna get freaky in here! Looks like you are off to a good start bro. And from the looks of the pics you are already at a good starting point for this log. Keep the pace man.

Hg

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Squat jumps are a huge plus. Since I'm mostly gonna focus on legs during this run, just to help my shoulder get ready, I'm gonna be doin some crazy style leg supersets. You better believe it. I see some weighted step-ups and some one legged presses soon.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
SUBBED and looking forward to some big things!

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Ok fellas, so today is going to be a P.M. workout. My workout always depends on when my daughter gets up in the morning. if she's awake @ 4:30 then I go ahead and feed her to help the wife out. she's 4mo. old and she'll stay awake in her bed just chillin for an hour or 2 even if you don't go in there. She's absolutely the best baby. I have a 6yr. old daughter and they are opposites big time. My little one is just happy as heck in the morning.

Anyway, I went ahead and took my Beta Ala9 dose (3 caps) @ 5:45 after layin with my daughter and feedin her. And about 15-20min. later WOW:aargh: it hit me. I felt the beta rush more than anything ever hands down. The crazy thing is my sinus's have been acting up due to the crazy fluctuation of temp and rain lately. My nose was slightly stopped up and the rush was so fast and intense my eyes turned blood red and my nose plugged up hard. It's like the blood had no were to release from so it went straight to my eyes. Crazy stuff but completely true guys. I enjoyed the sh** out of it when I was blowing my nose washing my face off. Anyway I feel great so far this morning and I'm lookin to a nice upper body day and now my nose is running as i type. better than being plugged up all day!

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you got it pretty good there Bb. Hit it hard tonight.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Squat jumps are a huge plus. Since I'm mostly gonna focus on legs during this run, just to help my shoulder get ready, I'm gonna be doin some crazy style leg supersets. You better believe it. I see some weighted step-ups and some one legged presses soon.
One legged presses are great!

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

Arm's/Chest/Back
4:00 - 5:00 PM
Treadmill - sore a little from yesterday. I decided to run a 1 mile today. I got on and ran it in 7:52. not bad for having not done any cardio besides my lifting in about 6 months.

Superset bi/tri
One arm cable curls - 3 x 20
V-Bar pushdowns 3 x 20

Superset bi/tri
Machine preacher curls - 3x12
Sraight Bar pushdowns 3 x 15

Superset chest/back
Seated Machine Press - 30/25/20/15/10
Seated cable rows - 30/25/20/15/10

bent over one arm cable rows - 3 x 10

*Today was the first day in about 7 full weeks that i have really pushed myself with the reps. I will not dare push the weight right now. my shoulder is feeling better everyday and i don't want to ruin that. But it is the best motivated upper body day i've had in a while. i did everthing that really kept my elbows in and restricted them from pulling or pushing up. just feelin it out. Believe me a shoulder tear is no joke. I would have rather taken a swift kick in the nuts over and over!

Supplements and Timing

6:00 AM - beta ala9 - what a rush this morning was.
6:00 AM- 1 scoop glycergrow
4:30 PM - beta ala9 - this wasn't near as an intense dose for me as the AM. but i felt great 15 min. later!
5:00 - 6:00PM - I dosed my Intra-Aid and 2 scoops of my glysergrow.

Overall my workout was great and i had a sweat though it all! The beta ala9 seems to feed off of sweat for some reason. I mean when i was sweating the tingles seemed to have intensified. I was on the treadmill and after 2 laps i started sweating and feeling great. I was sore though but it all went away fast. I could have done 1 1/2 miles @ my 8.0 pace i was on. I even upped the level by .5 on the treadmill. Keep 7:53 in your minds because i will be trying to shatter these mile marks every week. Then move it to 1 1/2 then hopefully to 2 miles. Haven't done cardio in a while and it feels great! The taste is great with the intra-aid. Resolve does 16oz in his. i'm thinkin about doing that thursday!

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Nice glad the BA9 is having such a good effect thus far. Looking forward to that mile time getting shattered!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did even more than 16oz sometimes and still liked it alot. I'd drink just about all of it, then wish I had more, so I'd dilute the little bit left by filling my bottle back up with water and keep training.

In only a little bit of water IA has a fairly strong flavor and thicker consistency which I liked, but others have said they prefer it at higher dilutions.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Day 4

Legs
5:05 - 5:50 AM

Stetched really well - legs and back.
Treadmill - Walked 1/2 mile to warm up. Then ran 1/2 a mile in 3:40

Superset
Smith Machine One legged presses 180lbs - 3 x 10 each
Smith Machine calve raises - 3 x 20 + 10sec. negative pause

DB Lunges
45lbs - 3x8 each

Superset
Leg Extension - 3 x 15 110lbs/120/130
Standing Calve raises - 200lbs. 3 x 20 + 10sec. negative pause

DB Leg Curls
* I do these laying on my stomach on the flat bench. Really a great concentration. I've come to love these at the end of a workout!
45lb. 2 x 12

Supplements and Timing
4:35 AM - beta ala9 - nice feeling this morning nothing too extreme.
5:35 AM- 1 scoop glycergrow
5:00 - 6:00 - Intra-Aid w/2 scoops of glycergrow
6:05 - Super Cissus - 2 caps

Post Workout
6:25 - 1 can of steak sardines
6:30 - 2 blueberry waffles with peanut butter and honey!
@ 10:00 I will take my shake! it consists of 58gms of protein.

*It snowed for he first time in like 20years in southeast texas. felt wierd gettin in my truck with snow on it.
Been feelin good during the day up until 12:00. I get tired and then eat and i am good.
My legs are lookin more defined! Calves for sure. Gettin back where they use to be. Lovin it!

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
LOL! The world is ending! It's snowing in Texas! Ha ha!

Solid leg wo man. How do you do those DB leg curls? I mean, how do you incorporate the DB into the lift?

Hg

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
I lay on my stomach with my knees together and I get someone to hold the db upright and just stick it between my feet. Keeping my toes pointed outward. parallel with the floor. when your legs get almost straight your toes give and start pointing downward. That's when I flex my calves. it is a very very concentrated ham workout right up until the calves get involved. it's easier on the hex-bells!

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I lay on my stomach with my knees together and I get someone to hold the db upright and just stick it between my feet. Keeping my toes pointed outward. parallel with the floor. when your legs get almost straight your toes give and start pointing downward. That's when I flex my calves. it is a very very concentrated ham workout right up until the calves get involved. it's easier on the hex-bells!
Thanks, going to have to give them a run sometime.

Hg

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Slept in this morning. Gonna get an evening workout in. Stayed up late last night playin the new Fallout 3 for the 360! I must say, it is pretty addicting. Gonna be a similar workout to last Tuesday! Shoulder is feeling better, at times i don't even think about it or remember that it is hurt. I'm lovin how Universal is giving me the energy and revovery to go on this 4 week run!

Get ready for some calve pics!

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Solid. It's good to rest up. Keep building it man.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Day 5
*Today was great!*
I was excited about upping the weight some. I felt motivated more than any day. Probably because it is Friday and also because i had plenty of rest and it was an evening workout!

Workout
Arm's/Chest/Back
4:00 - 5:00 PM

Treadmill - Today I told myself I just want to beat 7:52 mile time. Well gentlemen. I ran a mile in 7:25. I was in the zone from start to finish. I can promise you that by the end of this run i will be in better shape and i will break 7min. for sure. OH yeah! gettin back into my runnin style again!

Superset bi/tri
One arm cable curls - 3 x 20/20/15 same weight as Tues.
V-Bar pushdowns 3 x 20/20/15 + 10bs. from last Tues.

Superset bi/tri
Machine preacher curls - 3x12 + 10lbs. from last Tues.
Machine rope pushdowns - 3x15

Superset chest/back
Seated Machine Press - 30/25/20/15/10 +10lbs. from last Tues. Seated cable rows - 30/25/20/15/10 +10lbs. from last Tues.

Supplements
Took a morning dosage of BetaAla9 on an empty stomach about an hour after i woke up. then ate 2 chicken biscuits from Mcdonalds. lot of cals and protein in those babies.
For lunch our school was having chicken sandwiches. So i ate 1 whole sandwich then just the meat off another. It was a chicken day.

3:30 beta ala9
4:00 - 5:00pm took my Intra-Aid
5:30 - Dymatize Whey(1 scoop) 10oz of milk about 34gms of protein.
5:30 - Granola bar - 27gms of carbs, 4protein
7:00 - Triscuits and some Sardines.

I felt great today. best day this week as far as how i felt. (mood, gym recovery, and ability to really just stay on stride on the treadmill and not even skip a beat! I give credit to the Beta Ala9 and Intra!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Before you say, "hey man your left one is bigger than your right, I KNOW!"
It's not really noticable, but since I haven't been focusing like i am now or even like i use to in my younger 20's on my calves they use to be very close. Reason for this is I broke my leg when I was younger.
You can't even tell when Im walkin or just not flexin. But since were all picky on ourselves just thought i would add that.

here's the PIC. taken tonight.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm jealous!

My legs are so long that my calves are always the last part to grow. I've been making progress though - my high frequency has at least made it so I have calves!

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate the complements guys! I usually do calves twice a week! If lucky ill hit them 3! Its so genetic in my family! My dads calves are so huge.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate the complements guys! I usually do calves twice a week! If lucky ill hit them 3! Its so genetic in my family! My dads calves are so huge.

Hey, if nature dictates it, run with it I say bro. Good workin man.

Hg

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
ready to join my fan club yet?

You should try sticking that intra-aid in the freezer for 2 hours before your workout, makes a nice slushy, I got that from one of the Universal guys.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a great idea! Does your fan club come with a designed T-shirt!

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Well orange, I don't doubt you! You did a nice job on the ones I saw!

Do to the fact that my computer is down and me only having my blackberry, I will update on 2nites workout 2Morrow @ work! It was leg day! Oh yeah!

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
BACK TO THE GYM OF THINGS!

Day 8

Legs
3:45 - 4:45 PM

Stetched really well - 10 min. legs and back.
Treadmill - Walked 1/2 mile to warm up. Then ran 1/2 a mile in 3:20. THAT'S FASTER THAN MY PREVIOUS 1/2 MILE.

Superset
leg press - 360lbs - 4 x 15 each (4 SETS @ 15 WERE GREAT)
Leg press machine calve raises - 360lb. 3 x 25 + 10sec. negative pause

Superset
Step Ups - 45lb plate in each hand. 3 x 8 each leg!
Standing Calve raises - 200lbs. 3 x 20 + 10sec. negative pause

Leg Curls - 3 x 12 increasing weight by 15lb. each set.

One legged Extension - 3x15each. increasing weight by 15lb. each set.

Abs - 200

Supplements
5:15 AM - 3 beta ala9 caps.
5:15 AM - 2 caps super cissus.
3:20 PM - 4 beta ala9 caps(i upped it one)
4:00 - 4:50 PM- Intra-Aid w/2 scoops of glycergrow.
5:20 PM - 2 scoops of Dymatize whey with milk and PB.
7:00 PM - Super Cissus - 2 caps.

Food:
just to give you a run down of what i've been eating roughly the past week.

3 cheese eggs
1 cup of oats
2 bananas
4 scoops of PB
2 protein shakes with Dymatize whey + milk: around 50g. protein.
2 cans of tuna
1 serving of wheat thins
2 cans of pink salmon
Broccolli mix: includes purple onions, golden raisens, sunflower seeds, broccolli, carrots, light ranch
4 pickled okra's
1 cup of yogurt and oats
a baked potato
1.5 to 2 gallons of water.
this is lighter than what i usually eat. I will sometimes throw in chicken instead of tuna or salmon. I would like to check my weight and i will soon. I don't want to be below 210 when i start my next cycle.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Nice workout B! Nothing beats a good leg day!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Like the detail in your supp and meal plan. I also dig the 10sec pauses on your calf-raises, those are killer!

...so, uh, pickled okra, huh? Didn't even know there was such a thing... :)

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Yep, there's pretty much everything pickled if you like it here in Texas.
I've been makin a nice shake twice a day.
2 big spoon fulls of Vanilla Ice Cream
2 big spoon fulls of Peanut B.
2 servings of vanilla dymatize whey.
1 cup of milk.
about 10 pieces of ice.
2 eggs.
1 banana.

It's about 32oz and is a great breakfast after my beta ala9 and super cissus AM dosage. then one for post-workout.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Day 9
*Last night i looked the best post workout that I have in 2 months!*

I upped the weight on everything by 15lbs each set and i started 15lbs. heavier than the previous workout. Slowly but surely I'm gettin back to the gym of things!

Workout
Upper Body - Arms/Chest/Back/Shoulder

4:15 - 5:30 PM

No Treadmill today! just wanted to hit the weights!

Superset - bi/tri
One arm cable curls - 30lbs x 20 / 40lbs x 15 / 50lbs x 10
One arm cable reverse grip pull downs - 40lb x 20 / 50lb x 15 / 60lb x 10

Superset bi/tri
Cable Rope curls - 70lb x 20 / 80lb x 15 / 90lb x 10
Cable Rope Tri's - 80lb x 20 / 90lb x 15 / 100lb x 10

Superset bi/tri
One arm cable concentration curls - I love these. I take a knee turned sideways with my near leg to the machine up. grab the one hand cable and bend over keeping my near arms elbow braced on my up inner thigh doing a concentration curl. very nice and constricted motion.
2 x 15 @ 40lb.
concentration rope kickbacks - I just do these with the cable set low and i lean over facing it doing your typical kickback routine but only by grabbing the ball of the rope. a nice hammer kickback.
2 x 15 @ 40lb.

chest/shoulders/back
Shoulder Press Machine - Used the lightest setting. 10lbs. 3 x 30 first time in a while/ feelin good!

Seated Chest Press - 30 / 25 / 20 / 15 / 10 went up 10lbs each set & started 10lbs heavier than last week.

seated machine row - 30 / 25 / 20 / 15 / 10 got up to 145lbs on this. Felt great. still monitoring myself though.

one arm close grip cables - 3 x 15

push-ups - 2 x 20

*Like I said earlier. Absolutely the best i've looked after a workout in about 2 months. felt great and i am slowly upping the weight. im starting to notice some benefits from the beta ala9 and intra-aid. my energy levels are up throughout the day and I looking fuller/dense after workouts.

Supplement timing/dosage
is the same as previous PM workout routines.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Day 10

rest day today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established

Sorry for the late arrival buddy. I was wondering the same thing about DB Leg Curls, the way you described it though, I could just see it spelling disaster and with me ending up hurting myself. :nutkick:

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Wow Day 9 was a BIG workout. How long were you in the gym for? How is the shoulder holding up?

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Wow Day 9 was a BIG workout. How long were you in the gym for? How is the shoulder holding up?
The workout took me 1.5hrs I fly through it almost always! Get a good sweat you know! I really am gettin more accustomed to the weight with my shoulder but just slowly havin to increase the weight! I can't afford to reinjur it!

As far as the db leg curls go, just do 2 sets of em with 45-50lb db's! That's usually when the cramps and stiffness comes into play for me! The intra aid and beta ala9 have helped with it this far though!