Applied Nutriceuticals Osteo-sport testing by Smeton

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33558
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Applied Nutriceuticals Osteo-sport testing by Smeton


    Applied Nutriceuticals - Better Results Through Science

    Okay so Today was my last day of Animal flex, which i'll be comparing this to.

    Currently.... On a scale of 1-5 . 1 being the best and 5 the worst. this is specifically my elbow joint that in in "rehan" stage at the current moment.

    Joint mobility...........2

    joint's aching...........2

    joint creaking and popping.......4

    Athletic/weight lifting performance...right now its a 3 to what it was I don't even try to do what i was doing due to the fact I was in so much INTENSE pain i couldn't even do a pull up without hurting real bad. and I won't try in till my elbow is healed because It'll just set me back again if I train like a beast.

    this is the rating system I'll be using. If anyone has any other rating system they can contribute in the early stages of use please list them so I can differentiate the difference.

    I can't lift heavy and am lifting lightly. The ingredients are what interests me; especially cissus in healing tendons.(also lowers cortisol levels and decreases yes decreases body fat. I have used cissus before. The lower extracts seem to work better for me with joints. the higher didnt do much when I did buy it and put a hole in my wallet.

    others that interest me:

    In the joint-Glide Mobility Complex

    Bromelain. ive taken this for over six months now.
    Hyaluronic acid, which I have took and haven't saw any studies supporting it's claims. I know some people swear by it
    All the others which I dont know much about and have seen them and am hopeful for.

    CGC Joint regeneration Matrix
    Cissus
    glucosamine
    chondritin
    Msm

    Okay I'll start it tomorrow I'm 234 so I'll be taking five capsules per day spaced out.

    I just finished my Animal flex today and have a link in here I'll update it after I post this and edit it in here. Animal Flex review
    Last edited by John Smeton; 11-25-2008 at 05:27 PM.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

  2. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,166
    Rep Power
    310841
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Applied Nutriceuticals - Better Results Through Science

    Okay so Today was my last day of Animal flex, which i'll be comparing this to.

    Currently.... On a scale of 1-5 . 1 being the best and 5 the worst. this is specifically my elbow joint that in in "rehan" stage at the current moment.

    Joint mobility...........2

    joint's aching...........2

    joint creaking and popping.......4

    this is the rating system I'll be using. If anyone has any other rating system they can contribute in the early stages of use please list them so I can differentiate the difference.

    I can't lift heavy and am lifting lightly. The ingredients are what interests me; especially cissus in healing tendons.(also lowers cortisol levels and decreases yes decreases body fat. I have used cissus before. The lower extracts seem to work better for me with joints. the higher didnt do much when I did buy it and put a hole in my wallet.

    others that interest me:

    In the joint-Glide Mobility Complex

    Bromelain. ive taken this for over six months now.
    Hyaluronic acid, which I have took and haven't saw any studies supporting it's claims. I know some people swear by it
    All the others which I dont know much about and have seen them and am hopeful for.

    CGC Joint regeneration Matrix
    Cissus
    glucosamine
    chondritin
    Msm

    Okay I'll start it tomorrow I'm 234 so I'll be taking five capsules per day spaced out.

    I just finished my Animal flex today and have a link in here I'll update it after I post this and edit it in here. Animal Flex review
    All good so far.

    I would however, recommend that you take your dose ALL AT ONCE (i.e. 5 caps first thing in the morning), as 'spacing them out' decreases the effectiveness of the Hyaluronic Acid. (I know, because when I was beta testing, I spread my dosage out at 1 cap 4 times a day and did NOT notice anything; however, when I began dosing 4 caps first thing in the morning, all the pain, etc. went away).
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33558
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Alright did my first dose today...nice lil shiny cpasules.I tasted the taste as well of the Osteo-sport.

    Todays perforance

    Joint mobility...........2

    joint's aching...........2

    joint creaking and popping.......4 I'm really not doing any exercises that would set me back.

    Athletic/weight lifting performance....2 very light and I have to hold back not to go balls out.

    Nautilus Fly machine 90 lbs-30 x's
    chest stretch on the machine 1:00

    homon db press 30 lbs- 20 x's

    one arm d handle underhand press downs 20 lbs- 25 x's
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    Emerge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    826
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    41.03%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I think you'll like this. I've been on it for almost a week now and already seeing good stuff.
  5. Advanced Member
    nparisi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    670
    Rep Power
    419
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    60.68%

    I hope this works for ya. I want to pick some up in the near future for my dad.
  6. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,166
    Rep Power
    310841
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    smeton_yea, it may take 2-3 days before the pain goes and you see a noticeable difference.


    Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    I think you'll like this. I've been on it for almost a week now and already seeing good stuff.
    Good to see that it's working for you
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  7. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774631
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.09%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Subscribed.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  8. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33558
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Joint mobility...........2

    joint's aching...........3 I would say less, left elbow acted up on the pulldowns

    joint creaking and popping.......4 on forearm curls popping sound. could have been left wrist though because I used to box and knocked a chip of a bone in my left wrists and its been popping for years.

    Athletic/weight lifting performance....2 very light and I have to hold back not to go balls out.



    Today was forearms, biceps, back width, back thickness and traps

    full motion db curls wrists hanging off knees 8 lbs- 20 x's

    Alternate db curls 25 lbs- 20 x's

    Pulldowns(with Arnold handle) 110 lbs 15 x's pain on these was a 4 and I was pulling with back, not arms.

    Maxican row machine 30 lbs-each side..15 x's I dont like this machine much and if I go much higher in weight Ill have to drop it because its chest supported and it cuts off breathing.

    hack squat shrugs facing ahead 45 and 25 - 15 x's

    Today I did a three minute ice bath because of the pain during the pull downs. my arm feels a lot better.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  9. New Member
    v1hyp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    224
    Rep Power
    87584
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    10.42%

    Hey Bro, Happy Turkey Day !!
  10. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1999
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    32.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Thumbs up


    just bumped you up 1.! looking good smeton,keep it up bro!
    board supporter
  11. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33558
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    alright last two days

    cardio for 45 minutes...hip hurt next day soome

    yesterday our gym has a game of dodgeball (in a big basketball court)about 10 verse 10. we played for games. i jumped high dodged throw hard with my arm(got sore) and got in my cardio. no issues either day.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  12. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1999
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    32.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    alright last two days

    cardio for 45 minutes...hip hurt next day soome

    yesterday our gym has a game of dodgeball (in a big basketball court)about 10 verse 10. we played for games. i jumped high dodged throw hard with my arm(got sore) and got in my cardio. no issues either day.
    sounds good smeton!..killin' the cards!
    board supporter
  13. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33558
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    today no exercises that would effect elbow.

    nothing that would mess with elbows though

    did legs today. I'm not going to bother posting legs.

    My left elbow seems to be hurting a bit more last night. it felt dry.

    Today's performance(specifically on my left elbow)

    Joint mobility...........2

    joint's aching...........2

    joint creaking and popping.......4 (not fun) its been a long rehab. I'll wait as long as it takes to heal.

    Athletic/weight lifting performance....did legs did do a rehab exercises and no problems there.

    All the other joints are fine.

    (left knee isn't the best and pulled hamstring muscle[been like this a month or so and can't do hamstrings intense] other than that joints are fine)
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  14. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1999
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    32.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    today no exercises that would effect elbow.

    nothing that would mess with elbows though

    did legs today. I'm not going to bother posting legs.

    My left elbow seems to be hurting a bit more last night. it felt dry.

    Today's performance(specifically on my left elbow)

    Joint mobility...........2

    joint's aching...........2

    joint creaking and popping.......4 (not fun) its been a long rehab. I'll wait as long as it takes to heal.

    Athletic/weight lifting performance....did legs did do a rehab exercises and no problems there.

    All the other joints are fine.

    (left knee isn't the best and pulled hamstring muscle[been like this a month or so and can't do hamstrings intense] other than that joints are fine)
    hang in there smeton!..it will get better
    board supporter
  15. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33558
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Nautilus chest fly machine(seat all the way up)(dantes way) 50 - 31 x's

    chest stretch(hands on pads) 1:05

    nautilus overhand press 50 lbs- 27 x's

    scott triceps 60 lbs- 18 x's

    abs hanging leg raises(almost a halfway flip, acrobat style)

    arm was tender after wards. im icing 4 x's per day for 15-20 minutes each time.

    Iff this keeps on next time or is sore tomorrow may have to cut these exercises out and just go with a very select few. I already don't have many options or it kills my forearm. i mean i can't fo a single pull up without feeling like im getting stabbed though in my inner arm. so today i pushed it iced before and after workout.

    oday's performance(specifically on my left elbow)

    Joint mobility...........2

    joint's aching...........3

    joint creaking and popping.......4

    Athletic/weight lifting performance....3 wouldnt push it because of arm. pushed it farther than I had been on shoulders(more intensity)

    pain was worst today, not as bad as three months ago , worse though. back off time for me on these exercises if I feel it tomorrow ..and might back off them anyways..rehab has been going well the last month with pain two times the other day and today time to back off if this keeps happen and just rep out many many reps and calibrate when its time to move on up the weight.

    This cissus is some some cissus and hoping it'll repair some fo them.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  16. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1999
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    32.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Nautilus chest fly machine(seat all the way up)(dantes way) 50 - 31 x's

    chest stretch(hands on pads) 1:05

    nautilus overhand press 50 lbs- 27 x's

    scott triceps 60 lbs- 18 x's

    abs hanging leg raises(almost a halfway flip, acrobat style)

    arm was tender after wards. im icing 4 x's per day for 15-20 minutes each time.

    Iff this keeps on next time or is sore tomorrow may have to cut these exercises out and just go with a very select few. I already don't have many options or it kills my forearm. i mean i can't fo a single pull up without feeling like im getting stabbed though in my inner arm. so today i pushed it iced before and after workout.

    oday's performance(specifically on my left elbow)

    Joint mobility...........2

    joint's aching...........3

    joint creaking and popping.......4

    Athletic/weight lifting performance....3 wouldnt push it because of arm. pushed it farther than I had been on shoulders(more intensity)

    pain was worst today, not as bad as three months ago , worse though. back off time for me on these exercises if I feel it tomorrow ..and might back off them anyways..rehab has been going well the last month with pain two times the other day and today time to back off if this keeps happen and just rep out many many reps and calibrate when its time to move on up the weight.

    This cissus is some some cissus and hoping it'll repair some fo them.
    looking good smeton..sorry your not up to par yet,but your doing fine
    board supporter
  17. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33558
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    joint mobility...........1.5 feeling better even thought its not right..maybe the strong working out helped strengthen some stuff yesterday...maybe the Osteo-sport

    joint's aching...........1.5 doing better. no aching Im icign 4 x's per day 15 -20 minutes at a time

    joint creaking and popping.....4

    Athletic/weight lifting performance...none today did neck machine repping it out on the neck.. and 45 minutes cardio. boy I was denched...
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  18. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1999
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    32.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    joint mobility...........1.5 feeling better even thought its not right..maybe the strong working out helped strengthen some stuff yesterday...maybe the Osteo-sport

    joint's aching...........1.5 doing better. no aching Im icign 4 x's per day 15 -20 minutes at a time

    joint creaking and popping.....4

    Athletic/weight lifting performance...none today did neck machine repping it out on the neck.. and 45 minutes cardio. boy I was denched...
    easy does it body!..slow and smooth!alllllrrrriiiiiigggghhh htttt!
    board supporter
  19. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33558
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I was in Walgreen's earlier and they have these magnetic massage machines and I out my hands on there and put my left hand on there hard...it shocked my injured area and the muscle/tendon/ligament whatever it is from my elbow to my wrist like a light hit it lite up in pain for a split second...

    remember your dealing with someone who's had a severe injury and he's just going to have to take it easy when things like these happen. like bslick says slow and smooth..
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  20. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1999
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    32.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    I was in Walgreen's earlier and they have these magnetic massage machines and I out my hands on there and put my left hand on there hard...it shocked my injured area and the muscle/tendon/ligament whatever it is from my elbow to my wrist like a light hit it lite up in pain for a split second...

    remember your dealing with someone who's had a severe injury and he's just going to have to take it easy when things like these happen. like bslick says slow and smooth..
    board supporter
  21. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33558
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    With my elbow acting up this week I didn't do what i would have and just did what was best....

    forearm curls(reverse roll)..12 lbs-21x's

    seated alternate db curl(did these fast as I could-elite fitness style) 20 lbs- 30 x's

    nautilus pullover machine 110 lbs- 20 x's

    joint mobility...........1.5 pretty good today

    joint's aching...........3 this has gone up =( I could have slept on it the wrong way

    joint creaking and popping.....didn't notice any today

    Athletic/weight lifting performance...3 short and sweet

    that's why I didn't even try pull ups. Last time I had some sucky pain while doing them..
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  22. Senior Member
    nemo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,649
    Rep Power
    1235
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    8.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    How's your lean body mass holding up since you can't really jolt your upper body?
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  23. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33558
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    In short, It's holding up.

    In long...pretty much everything upper body shrunk, arms especially, chest some shoulders, back, traps...I'm really not going to gain anything in till i go heavy than i was(and eating massive amounts of food and keeping body fat within my desired range)

    Today 45 minutes cardio and 150 neck builders

    joint mobility........... 2

    joint's aching...........3

    joint creaking and popping.....2

    Athletic/weight lifting performance...none today except neck...
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  24. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1999
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    32.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    In short, It's holding up.

    In long...pretty much everything upper body shrunk, arms especially, chest some shoulders, back, traps...I'm really not going to gain anything in till i go heavy than i was(and eating massive amounts of food and keeping body fat within my desired range)

    Today 45 minutes cardio and 150 neck builders

    joint mobility........... 2

    joint's aching...........3

    joint creaking and popping.....2

    Athletic/weight lifting performance...none today except neck...
    easy does it bro!..your looking good just the way your going!
    board supporter
  25. Senior Member
    SamBoz19's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,691
    Rep Power
    35300
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    63.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Hopefully the Osteo-Sport treats you as well as it has me. The stuff is like gold!

    Cheers to ya bud!
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
  26. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33558
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Today legs

    joint mobility........... 2

    joint's aching...........2

    joint creaking and popping.....1 pretty good today thus far. I m

    Athletic/weight lifting performance...testing some exercises for when I can go all out.did some front squats which im weak at did 135 -9 x's before the bar really started choking .
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  27. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1999
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    32.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Today legs

    joint mobility........... 2

    joint's aching...........2

    joint creaking and popping.....1 pretty good today thus far. I m

    Athletic/weight lifting performance...testing some exercises for when I can go all out.did some front squats which im weak at did 135 -9 x's before the bar really started choking .
    keep on'keepin' on!
    board supporter
  28. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,166
    Rep Power
    310841
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Today legs

    joint mobility........... 2

    joint's aching...........2

    joint creaking and popping.....1 pretty good today thus far.
    Looking good
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  29. New Member
    v1hyp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    224
    Rep Power
    87584
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    10.42%

    Looks like the pain is getting better.
  30. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33558
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    week overview. I pushed it too far when I did shoulder press(a friend says going all the way down isn't good for elbows) I might just have to cut that exercise out altogether and do seated side machine laterals. I'm not gaining any muscle going light and if it helps my elbow then yes all im doing is holding on to more muscle than i would be if I didnt lift at all, basically) I'm really watching this elbow and what exercises could cause a specific reaction and eliminate them. Osteo-sport has helped my arm thus far, hopefully! I have hurt it a little worst , some say cold weather makes it worse, so it is still pretty bad where it hurts if I certain exercises. Itss hard to tell when it creaks all the time. I do beleive though it has helped the tendons ligaments to some degree(remember I have a bad case of a bad left elbow[golfer's elbow] and not your everyday creak, this has been done in for well over a year after i was ignorant and ignored warning signs because I did not know[goes back to ignorance])

    does anyone have any questions? I'm doing my best to answer honestly.

    On a side note away from the golfers elbow...Ive been sleeping deep and feeling more recovered. this could or could not be an effect of the cissus as cissus is known to be good for catabolism. also bodyfat has lower a pinch and cissus is good for this as well.(pubmed I saw a while back) Im also taking thyrotabs which is some fast melting stuff.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  31. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,166
    Rep Power
    310841
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    week overview. I pushed it too far when I did shoulder press(a friend says going all the way down isn't good for elbows) I might just have to cut that exercise out altogether and do seated side machine laterals. I'm not gaining any muscle going light and if it helps my elbow then yes all im doing is holding on to more muscle than i would be if I didnt lift at all, basically) I'm really watching this elbow and what exercises could cause a specific reaction and eliminate them. Osteo-sport has helped my arm thus far. I have hurt it a little worst , some say cold weather makes it worse, so it is still pretty bad where it hurts if I certain exercises.

    On a side note away from the golfers elbow...Ive been sleeping deep and feeling more recovered. this could or could not be an effect of the cissus as cissus is known to be good for catabolism. also bodyfat has lower a pinch and cissus is good for this as well.(pubmed I saw a while back) Im also taking thyrotabs which is some fast melting stuff.
    You can go lower, but to 90 degree elbow flexion (i.e. upper arm parallel to the floor) is enough...And you CAN gain muscle using lighter weight if you use a rep range between 12-15 reps (and are eating for muscle gain).

    Cold weather can make joints with issues worse sometimes, yes, but only because of the increased stiffness, etc.

    Good to see that the OsteoSport is treating you well so far, though.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  32. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33558
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    You can go lower, but to 90 degree elbow flexion (i.e. upper arm parallel to the floor) is enough...And you CAN gain muscle using lighter weight if you use a rep range between 12-15 reps (and are eating for muscle gain).

    Cold weather can make joints with issues worse sometimes, yes, but only because of the increased stiffness, etc.

    Good to see that the OsteoSport is treating you well so far, though.
    haha Guesjsn i edited it about a million times after you copy and pasted this. see the post before yours again for the edits.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  33. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33558
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    You can go lower, but to 90 degree elbow flexion (i.e. upper arm parallel to the floor) is enough...And you CAN gain muscle using lighter weight if you use a rep range between 12-15 reps (and are eating for muscle gain).

    Cold weather can make joints with issues worse sometimes, yes, but only because of the increased stiffness, etc.

    Good to see that the OsteoSport is treating you well so far, though.
    correct. You can gain muscle with any rep range as long as you get progressively stronger over time.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  34. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33558
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Id like to comment I'm sleeping in a lot more. this could be related to cissus causes cortisol levels to go down(so Ive heard). About to ice arm and train in a bit.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  35. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1999
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    32.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Id like to comment I'm sleeping in a lot more. this could be related to cissus causes cortisol levels to go down(so Ive heard). About to ice arm and train in a bit.
    do it up smeton!
    board supporter
  36. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33558
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    joint mobility........... 1 there good. Osteo-sport works more immediate than animal flex. which im comparing this too. also I feel better recovered on it. Both are solid. this is more instant.

    joint's aching...........1-2 not so bad when I lift an oven door I felt slight pain nothing major though

    joint creaking and popping.....1.5 pretty good today the apt pro wraps helped a lot.

    Athletic/weight lifting performance..upped the volume , working my way back into intensity

    I got my apt pro elbow sleeve today...

    Started this today as well which helped. http://saveyourself.ca/articles/frictions.php



    Nautilus incline chest fly machine (seat all the way down) 100 lbs 15 x's
    (seat all the way up) 100 lbs- 7 x's

    Shoulder lateral machine(seat all the way down) 100 x's- 15 x's
    (seat all the way up)100lbs- 20 x's

    nautilus dip machine 120 lbs-18 x's
    130 lbs- 13 x's


    Note ..got an apt elbow brace, wore it today wow so much increased comfort. EVERYONE GET THIS THING IF YOU LIFT HEAVY WHETHER YOU HAVE ELBOW ISSUES OR NOT! it prevents them and made my arm feels so good while lifting with this thing. I'm happy.and when you've had a bum body part for a while and you feel this you start rejoicing. amen bruthas and sistas. =)
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  37. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1999
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    32.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    joint mobility........... 1 there good. Osteo-sport works more immediate than animal flex. which im comparing this too. also I feel better recovered on it. Both are solid. this is more instant.

    joint's aching...........1-2 not so bad when I lift an oven door I felt slight pain nothing major though

    joint creaking and popping.....1.5 pretty good today the apt pro wraps helped a lot.

    Athletic/weight lifting performance..upped the volume , working my way back into intensity

    I got my apt pro elbow sleeve today...

    Started this today as well which helped. http://saveyourself.ca/articles/frictions.php



    Nautilus incline chest fly machine (seat all the way down) 100 lbs 15 x's
    (seat all the way up) 100 lbs- 7 x's

    Shoulder lateral machine(seat all the way down) 100 x's- 15 x's
    (seat all the way up)100lbs- 20 x's

    nautilus dip machine 120 lbs-18 x's
    130 lbs- 13 x's


    Note ..got an apt elbow brace, wore it today wow so much increased comfort. EVERYONE GET THIS THING IF YOU LIFT HEAVY WHETHER YOU HAVE ELBOW ISSUES OR NOT! it prevents them and made my arm feels so good while lifting with this thing. I'm happy.and when you've had a bum body part for a while and you feel this you start rejoicing. amen bruthas and sistas. =)
    good for you smeton!..im glad to see those numbers up there!
    board supporter
  38. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33558
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    joint mobility........... 1 I really don't have a problem moving them. the only problem i do have is a loose bone or tendon or something behind my inner elbow bone that pops every time I straighten my arm out. Ive had x-rays, and MRI. They cant tell what it is.

    joint's aching...........3 Gosh that friction massage yesterday made this area sore.(actually it's not a joint, its a tendon or another area, it feels like its on my joint; its not though. This is something Ive learned though research. so looking at this log you can learn a lot of stuff isn't the joints its a ligament , tendon or knotted up area. This stuff is treating my joints elegantly. I don't know if cissus will heal this or not I hope it will if not if just something I'll have to figure out to solve it. so its not joint pain anymore its a a tendon or another kind of injury.

    joint creaking and popping.....1.5 alright except that last extension there's something loose that pops.

    Athletic/weight lifting performance: Did legs intense pouring sweat all over the place

    Overall this isn't a joint injury. This is something else that needs addressing maybe with something else, hopefully cissus can help it. For joints this stuff is great, fast acting along with cortisol control.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  39. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1999
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    32.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    joint mobility........... 1 I really don't have a problem moving them. the only problem i do have is a loose bone or tendon or something behind my inner elbow bone that pops every time I straighten my arm out. Ive had x-rays, and MRI. They cant tell what it is.

    joint's aching...........3 Gosh that friction massage yesterday made this area sore.(actually it's not a joint, its a tendon or another area, it feels like its on my joint; its not though. This is something Ive learned though research. so looking at this log you can learn a lot of stuff isn't the joints its a ligament , tendon or knotted up area. This stuff is treating my joints elegantly. I don't know if cissus will heal this or not I hope it will if not if just something I'll have to figure out to solve it. so its not joint pain anymore its a a tendon or another kind of injury.

    joint creaking and popping.....1.5 alright except that last extension there's something loose that pops.

    Athletic/weight lifting performance: Did legs intense pouring sweat all over the place

    Overall this isn't a joint injury. This is something else that needs addressing maybe with something else, hopefully cissus can help it. For joints this stuff is great, fast acting along with cortisol control.
    slow and steady buddy!..but non-theless still effective!
    board supporter
  40. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33558
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    joint mobility........... 1.5 went up since last time. may not be the joint may be the muscle and it still effects motion.

    joint's aching...........2 again dont think its the jints , feel it though(could be joints) not for sure.

    joint creaking and popping.....1.5 not bad

    Athletic/weight lifting performance..none today, cardio yesterday, plan on it tomorrow
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Applied Nutriceuticals osteo-sport log (unsponsored)
    By Random181 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 02:15 PM
  2. Applied Nutriceuticals vs Millennium Sport
    By redrocket399 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 04:06 PM
  3. Applied Nutriceuticals Osteo-Sport FREE GIVEAWAY !!
    By TexasLifter89 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 03:03 PM
  4. Applied Nutriceutical's Osteo Sport
    By rolandajoint in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 06:49 PM
  5. Have YOU tried Osteo-Sport?
    By Vitruvian in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 08:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in