REVERSE: Reversing Negatives and Counter-Reversing Positives (IBE-Sponsored)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Answers

REVERSE: Reversing Negatives and Counter-Reversing Positives (IBE-Sponsored)

First of all, I would like to thank IBE for offering me the unique opportunity to log REVERSE. My interest in Resveratrol began a few years ago. Since then, I have tried to read as much as I could on this unique and versatile compound. The more I read about it, the more impressed I was. The only drawback resveratrol possesses is poor oral bioavailability. The (preferably simultaneous) consumption of Bioperine/Piperine, Grapeseed Extract, Quercetin, Naringin/Dihydroxybergamottin has been shown to address this challenge to an extent. Given this background, it was obvious that Reverse, with its advanced (triacetylated) form of resveratrol, would attract my interest. Needless to say, resveratrol has become one of my favourite compounds. One other one is Rhodiola Rosea. Both beautifully demonstrate how natural compounds can single-handedly employ a variety of pathways to produce deep pharmacological benefits in the users. Besides the advanced form of resveratrol in REVERSE, the blend was given a synergistic boost by Shilajit and the next-generation form of vitamin B12, Glutathionylcobalamin.

I will use REVERSE at 3 capsules per day in three divided doses (during the first 10 days) to elevate cellular concentrations of the compounds, especially resveratrol, and 2 capsules per day in two divided doses (for the remaining 15 days).

So, this log will run for 25 days. This dosing scheme is my choice. Resveratrol dosage varies, depending on desired benefit. Some recommend between 20mg and 100mg daily for anti-aging purposes. To obtain some of the other benefits of resveratrol, higher dosages are recommended. Given the advanced nature of the resveratrol form in REVERSE, one capsule per day should be enough for long-term use.

Dosing protocol: The first dose is first thing in the morning. The second will be early afternoon, and the last will be pre-bed. All on an empty stomach.

My primary interest in using REVERSE is to help elevate and sustain general well-being, enjoy its potent anti-aging effects via profound neutralization of the adverse effects of oxidative stress.

Considering that this log will not be a long-term use of REVERSE, resveratrol's anti-aging effects, in the classical sense of a calorie-restriction mimetic, that is, providing favourable changes in gene expression similar to those obtained from calorie restriction, will not be directly measurable during the span of this log for obvious reasons. However, indirect manifestations can be isolated. Some of these include, in a nut-shell: "antibiotic, anti-tumor, anti-diabetic, anti-ulcer, cardioprotective, anti-inflammatory, and anti-brain aging" effects. See
    Lagouge M, Argmann C, Gerhart-Hines Z, et al. Resveratrol improves mitochondrial function and protects against metabolic disease by activating SIRT1 and PGC-1alpha. Cell. 2006 Dec 15;127(6):1109-22.
    More specifically, resveratrol is known to produce effects such as boosting endothelial function by strengthening of the structural and cellular integrity of arteries and blood vessels via optimization of nitric-oxide synthesis, elimination of fat-clogged structures within blood vessels via reversal of cholesterol-induced reduction in nitric-oxide action, inhibition of oxidation of low-density lipoprotein (LDL), and inhibition of the so-called platelet aggregation (blood clots) that can pose serious health problems; boosting of mitochondrial action and optimization of cardiovascular function via optimized blood-lipid profiles and enhanced vasodilation; improved insulin sensitivity; protection of the brain from oxidative stress, leading to improved cognitive function; enhancement of immune function and protection of DNA structures; improvement of gastro-intestinal function by inhibiting the growth of stomach-ulcer causing bacteria; profound antioxidant activity via, amongst others, preservation of glutathione, and neutralization of dangerous hydroxyl radicals; functioning as an anti-aromatase and anti-stress compound; and so on.

To measure the impact of REVERSE, I will focus on its impact on my general well-being, any noticeable improvements in strength and endurance, vasodilation, cognitive function, libido, and body composition.

I will try to update this log two to three times per week.

Now, welcome to my sponsored REVERSE log!

October 4, 2008 - October 7, 2008
    Days 1 - 4

Results:
    During the first four days, I noticed a general improvement in well-being; sleep quality improved somewhat; enhanced vasodilation and vascularity (possibly due to improved elasticity in arteries and blood vessels) were also noticeable. Furthermore, I have noticed some subtle changes in physical endurance, as well as an enhanced capacity for cognitive and mental function. improvements. Some of these results remind me of a combination of Rhodiola Rosea, CoQ10 Ubiquinol, and Idebenone stacked together! I will try to resist the temptation of adding rhodiola rosea to REVERSE!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Answers

First! Good luck, Ike!!

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    First! Good luck, Ike!!
    Thanks, T1, for the company. Always cherished!
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Keep us informed,.. you seem anxious to add rr,.. don't do it. We want the unadultered feedback. Thank you!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bonscott View Post
    ... you seem anxious to add rr,.. don't do it. We want the unadultered feedback...
    I hardly ever use supplements stand-alone, but REVERSE could just represent a break in that tradition...
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  160 lbs.
    Answers

Ike, this is for sure great great news. The only problem is, of course, that a product like this would have to be taken for years and years, maybe even decades, to actually see whether its desired effect is taking place.
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

In my man. Great first post. You always impress with your logs, great to have you doing this for us.

Looking forward to the rest Ike.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  8. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Interesting.

This would be a good long-term product, are you just doing it for 25 days? Do you think you will notice anything within 25 days or do you think it will take longer?

Subbed.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SpargelJanusz View Post
    ...The only problem is, of course, that a product like this would have to be taken for years and years, maybe even decades, to actually see whether its desired effect is taking place.
    I get your drift, but your statement may not be entirely true. A lot of the benefits from resveratrol set in within weeks of using the compound. Briefly, I am referring to improvements in cardiovascular function, protection of LDL oxidation, improved endothelial integrity and mitochondrial function, enhancement of metabolic function such as insulin sensitivity, and so on. Long-term supplementation, even at a maintenance dose of just one capsule per day of REVERSE, should be able to sustain these benefits. The only benefit that would require years to determine is the impact of deep changes in favourable gene expression (similar to benefits of calorie restriction) on human life-extension.
  10. Banned
    Answers

Along for the tremendous amount of knowledge that Ike will share with us!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  160 lbs.
    Answers

Well, I certainly hope you will get what is promoted as benefits of this product even in the short term.

Will you take PRIME at the same time?
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LilJeremy View Post
    Interesting.

This would be a good long-term product, are you just doing it for 25 days? Do you think you will notice anything within 25 days or do you think it will take longer?

Subbed.
    This sponsored log is for a bottle of REVERSE, yet I would certainly use the product afterwards, quite likely at one capsule per day.

One can certainly notice results within 25 days. As a matter of fact, I have started to notice subtle changes inside four days, especially at my current dosage. One important factor that determines when a user would start to notice benefits is the current health status of that individual. Generally healthy people would tend to remain healthy on resveratrol, and may notice rapid improvements. Users with a medical condition, depending on type and severity, may need somewhat longer to experience the full benefits, as resveratrol would have to address the complex health problem from several pathways. In sum, one can definitely experience benefits inside 25 days. And yes, I intend to continue the supplementation beyond the duration of this log.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    In my man. Great first post. You always impress with your logs, great to have you doing this for us.

Looking forward to the rest Ike.

Adams
    I should thank you and IBE for this chance!
  14. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    This sponsored log is for a bottle of REVERSE, yet I would certainly use the product afterwards, quite likely at one capsule per day.

One can certainly notice results within 25 days. As a matter of fact, I have started to notice subtle changes inside four days, especially at my current dosage. One important factor that determines when a user would start to notice benefits is the current health status of that individual. Generally healthy people would tend to remain healthy on resveratrol, and may notice rapid improvements. Users with a medical condition, depending on type and severity, may need somewhat longer to experience the full benefits, as resveratrol would have to address the complex health problem from several pathways. In sum, one can definitely experience benefits inside 25 days. And yes, I intend to continue the supplementation beyond the duration of this log.
    Nice info! Good luck with you on your journey!
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    Along for the tremendous amount of knowledge that Ike will share with us!
    Hey, Iron! Drop the bar several notches, so I have a chance of coming even remotely close to meeting expectations!
  16. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SpargelJanusz View Post

Will you take PRIME at the same time?
    As it turns out, I do not have PRIME yet! So, the temptation does not exist!
  17. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Answers

nice

so how much more effective should this be compared to trans-reservatrol?
  18. Banned
    Answers

Hey, Iron! Drop the bar several notches, so I have a chance of coming even remotely close to meeting expectations!
    Not with you, my friend!
    But I will grade on a curve...
  19. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

I was wondering how I missed then, then realized it's only 8 hours old

I just ran through a bottle of TRez, dosed sublingually. The benefits of Resveratrol are definitely subtle and long term, so I've decided to stay on longer, so I've got some Sustain Alpha for the ResV.
  20. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    Not with you, my friend!
    But I will grade on a curve...
    That's quite strict, Iron!
  21. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ari4216 View Post
    so how much more effective should this be compared to trans-reservatrol?
    Basically, resveratrol exists in two natural forms or isomers. The one is the cis-isomer (cis-resveratrol), and the other is the trans-isomer (trans-resveratrol), with the trans- and cis- referencing the shape of the molecule. The trans-isomer is generally regarded to be the active form of resveratrol. So, what should matter to any resveratrol user is the amount of trans-resveratrol per serving. As it turns out, the form of resveratrol used in REVERSE may guarantee that the user obtains a higher amount of orally bioavailable resveratrol than standard (plain) trans-resveratrol would provide at a similar dose. I would be speculating, if I suggested any percentage superiority.
  22. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    I just ran through a bottle of TRez, dosed sublingually. The benefits of Resveratrol are definitely subtle and long term, so I've decided to stay on longer, so I've got some Sustain Alpha for the ResV.
    Sustain Alpha is an awesome product. Sublingual resveratrol supplementation sounds tops!
  23. Registered User
    Answers

Subbed and good luck my friend.
  24. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Imeniaan View Post
    Subbed and good luck my friend.
    Glad to have you around, buddy!
  25. Registered User
    Answers

October 8, 2008 - October 11, 2008
    Days 5 - 8

Results:
    The feeling of well-being remained stable at a high level. Vasodilation (in every sense of the word, including the area "down south") remains significant. As is well-known, this occurs via stimulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) activity. Other noticeable effects include improved stress-response, sharpened memory and cognitive function, stable sleep quality, and enhanced physical endurance.

Some of these results are well-known benefits from resveratrol supplementation. In particular, protection against free radicals (hydroxyl and peroxyl radicals) and inhibition of monoamine oxidase A (an important mechanism for the anti-oxidant activity of resveratrol. Monoamine oxidase A triggers the oxidation of such monoamines as epinephrine, norepinephrine, and serotonin), improvement in the protective abilities of antioxidant enzymes such as super-oxide dismutase (SOD), catalase, and glutathione peroxidase, as well as recycling of vitamins C and E (leading to reduction of oxidative stress), anti-inflammatory support (including cardiovascular protection), improvement in elasticity of blood vessels and inhibition of lipid peroxidation; as well as an enhanced capacity for cognitive and mental function, are some benefits worth mentioning. The other ingredients in REVERSE certainly produce their own effects in their own right, in addition to acting in a synergistic manner with resveratrol.
  26. Registered User
    Answers

October 8, 2008 - October 11, 2008
    Days 5 - 8

Results:
    The feeling of well-being remained stable at a high level. Vasodilation (in every sense of the word, including the area "down south") remains significant. As is well-known, this occurs via stimulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) activity. Other noticeable effects include improved stress-response, sharpened memory and cognitive function, stable sleep quality, and enhanced physical endurance.

Some of these results are well-known benefits from resveratrol supplementation. In particular, protection against free radicals (hydroxyl and peroxyl radicals) and inhibition of monoamine oxidase A (an important mechanism for the anti-oxidant activity of resveratrol. Monoamine oxidase A triggers the oxidation of such monoamines as epinephrine, norepinephrine, and serotonin), improvement in the protective abilities of antioxidant enzymes such as super-oxide dismutase (SOD), catalase, and glutathione peroxidase, as well as recycling of vitamins C and E (leading to reduction of oxidative stress), anti-inflammatory support (including cardiovascular protection), improvement in elasticity of blood vessels and inhibition of lipid peroxidation; as well as an enhanced capacity for cognitive and mental function, are some benefits worth mentioning. The other ingredients in REVERSE certainly produce their own effects in their own right, in addition to acting in a synergistic manner with resveratrol.

including the area "down south"
    Mind your language please, there are females(huhh, where?) present.

As always, very detailed
  27. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Imeniaan;
    Mind your language please, there are females(huhh, where?) present.

As always, very detailed
    By "down south", I actually meant my toes! What did you understand?
  28. 1HP
    Answers

sub

Ever tried IBE X-dreams? I really liked it. Similar results as the old Rem-R3G.. Could be a nice addition in the quest to reverse aging
  29. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 1HP;
    sub

Ever tried IBE X-dreams? I really liked it. Similar results as the old Rem-R3G.. Could be a nice addition in the quest to reverse aging
    No, I have not tried X-Dreams yet.
  30. Registered User
    Answers

October 12, 2008 - October 13, 2008
    Days 9 - 10

Results:

There are no dramatic changes or results to report, just a subtle but sustained enhancement of the previously reported parameters. My earlier reports appeared to have focus significantly on resveratrol. While resveratrol, especially in its advanced form in REVERSE, is a key part of this blend, the synergy from the other compounds should not be underrated. In particular, shilajit certainly contributes to results in such areas as vasodilation, enhanced physical endurance, and significant antioxidant and immune protection. More specifically, shilajit has been reported to demonstrate significant antioxidant and free-radical-scavenging properties, act as nutrient shuttler into cells (and enhance the availability of minerals and nutrients), detoxify and eliminate heavy metals from the body, enhance protein, DNA, and RNA synthesis, improve immune-system strength and response, and so on.

As is well-known, shilajit possesses a very important active compound called fulvic acid. A natural, water-soluble, organic substance of low molecular weight, fulvic acid has been described as a composite of small fragments of DNA from early generations of living organism. Fulvic acid appears to have the property of positively changing the molecular structure of water, making water a more efficient carrier of nutrients to cells, as well as a better carrier of toxins out of cells. This is why fulvic-acid chelated minerals demonstrate optimal cellular absorption. Fulvic acid is such a powerful absorption enhancer that, according to one estimate, one fulvic acid molecule could transport 60 or more minerals and trace elements into cells!
    On its own, it detoxifies cells and inhibits accumulation of dangerous heavy metals in our bodies. As a donor and a receptor of electrons, like ubiquinol q10, fulvic acid, one of the most potent natural electrolytes around, helps restore endogenous electrochemical balance in our bodies, leading to enhanced cellular longevity. Beyond this, fulvic acid and shilajit have been shown to stimulate and regenerate levels of superoxide dismutase (SOD). SOD is the most powerful endogenous antioxidant enzyme known to science, and is the body's primary anti-oxidant defense. SOD is known to neutralize the most dangerous free radical of all, the extremely ractive superoxide radical. This neutralization occurs via a mechanism known as dismutation, that involves the SOD breaking down superoxide to elemental oxygen and hydrogen peroxide, a pro-oxidant. The hydrogen peroxide is then converted into simple water and oxygen by the enzymes catalase and glutathione peroxidase.

Faraci FM, Didion SP. Vascular protection: superoxide dismutase isoforms in the vessel wall. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004 Aug;24(8):1367-73.
    The SOD connection explains one mechanism for shilajit's (and fulvic acid's) antioxidant and immune-protection properties. Combined with resveratrol, the results are somewhat exponentiated.
  31. 1HP
    Answers

I have to say I really enjoy reading your log, quite educational!
  32. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 1HP View Post
    Thanks!
  33. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Thanks!
    STRAT-o-caster,
    As always your updates and knowledge are quite phenomenal. The other ingredients that are in reverse really need to be highlighted as you have stated. The Acytilated Resveratrol is down right amazing, but the synergy from the other two compounds should not be slighted in the least. As always I enjoy reading your knowledge my friend.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

great log! keep it up!
  35. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks, guys, for the company and comments.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  123 lbs.
    Answers

Finding this log was like finding a secret treasure !

Strat, your knowledge and charisma is not from this world !
  37. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post

Thanks for keeping us company!
  38. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 1HP View Post
    Your 100% right...this cat know his ****!
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post

so true!
  40. Banned
    Answers

I love Strat!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Stanozolol Nandrolone False Positives?
    By Mjolnir in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 06:44 AM
  2. My Sponsored REVERSE log!
    By strategicmove in forum Celtic Labs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 11:45 AM
  3. Heard about Reversing age (the way we look)?
    By Jesse in forum Molecular Nutrition
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2008, 04:56 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2004, 10:13 AM