...as for M f...g J, I'm with you, I couldn't care less.
WEEK 9 – BACK, CHEST, SHOULDERS
* Today I’m going to EAT like there’s no tomorrow !!!!
* WHY ?
* BECAUSE I BLOODY DESERVED IT !!!!
* There is only one logical explanation for today’s workout. I was possessed by the Holy Spirit. I’m serious. Few of you may know that I’m a Christian and proud of it
* Well, today my thoughts as I walked into the gym went kind of like this
1st HA, this is going to be HILARIOUS, my TRIS are still blasted and in DOMS from 2 days ago, so I’m anticipating a Bench disaster.
2nd, I felt as awake as a Koala with a Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (for those of you non-Aussies let me just state this, Koalas sleep up to 19hrs a day, when they don’t sleep, they eat ) Usually when I start the day in such state of awakeness-NOT, I assume it is going to be a wasted day
* I had to laugh at myself because I dismissed all these negative thoughts instantly when the time came to hit the weights I just said to myself, everything that I’m not He Is. So I put my workout in God’s hands cause I sure as hell () cannot rely much on mine
*Here is what I did:
1. Pull-Ups WG
2. Bench Press
1. Upright BB Rows
2. Pull-Ups NG
.....and here are the stats:
1. WG PULL-UPS FOR THE FIRST IN MY LIFE – WEIGHED !!!!!
I did 4 sets of just body weight and then I cautiously attached 5lb, did 2 sets; progressed to 8.75lb for another set. All Pull - Ups I do are from dead hang. I know these are not huge numbers, nevertheless it is attached weight, mentally for me that is a GINORMOUS achievement
I did not see myself doing weighed Pull Ups in the not-so-distant future. Yeah I’m able to do 70 + reps in a session, but to do a single weighed Pull-Up for me constituted an unsurpassable obstacle.
2. Bench..... I cannot express this in words but maybe a table will help
In case you haven't noticed, I feel BIG today
* This was surely the best workout I had during this cycle, if not EVER
Same here JKP, got to focus on holding the bloody thing, like I've said before. Then again, comes down to practice, like everything else I guess I'm just too lazy to practice and so far the chains have worked for me. The only danger I faced once was that I haven't fastened the belt tight enough so when I started dipping it almost pulled my pants off
Another thing I recall from today's workout, my left shoulder (traditionally week), was giving me some mild signs of protest during my Bench Press, and I caught myself thinking, how is it that I'm still capable of lifting more than last time ..... I guessed THE FORCE was with me , I let myself not be distracted by the pain and sure enough, it soon DISAPPEARED !
Seriously?Originally Posted by Guejsn
Any updates Dragonfly? Really enjoyed reading through your thread, spent WAY TOO MUCH time doing it at work today (private office, lol!). Your progress makes me want to hit the gym yet again today after a rare morning workout, guess I will just have to do some cardio.
* Well I’m certainly glad I remained conscious to type this update... I almost wished I had access to intravenous glucose today – still recovering from THE MOST DEBILITATING HYPO EVER
* First, I did not expect to get a workout in, had a LOT to do in the lab today. Got there EXTRA early because I wanted to avoid afterhour work at all costs. I had very little to eat during the day but thank goodness, managed to sneak out for a coffee break When I finally finished with work, I had this massive kick: WOOOO, I actually have the time to hit the gym Had another coffee and off I went. Workout was insane but mostly due to overstimulated adrenals. When they got exhausted, I saw all the stars in the sky . That was shortly after I got home. Had a massive carb load but still felt sick and nauseous after it, thought I was going to and pass out , not sure in which order. Now, 6 hrs after, I still don’t feel great but at least I’m not craving glucose filled syringes
* Here is the workout
3. BB Lunges
* I only had 2 warmup sets this time around ‘cause I felt that was all I needed
* I kept my promise from last week, to a certain extent ....thou shall increase reps not weight !
* Deads felt ridiculously light and that was only because I mistakenly took a 33lb bar (15kg ) instead of a 44lb bar (20kg). For the whole time I thought I was lifting 143lb and not 138
* When I realized what I had done , I decided to take my RAGE out on BB Lunges, so I bumped the weight up by 11lb and carried on. Justice was then done
* I'm trying to upload my progress table but it is not working AM is being temperamental...or perhaps it is not allowing me to show off
...well I'll try again tomorrow
Your log rules, DFly. It's like being punched in the face with a boxing glove rubbed in Menthol: pure freshness.