DaveGabe putting Poseidon to the test!!

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Little bit about me: 20 years old, 188lbs around 9-10% bf. Sophmore in college.
  • Routine: Bill Starr 5x5
  • Goals:Bulk to 220-230 as lean as possible
  • Expectations of this product: Looking for some improved sleep, skin complexion, and hydration. Anything else will be icing on the cake.
  • Other supplements: Omega-3, Multivitamin, SteelEdge, IntrAbolic, Milk Protein Isolate, Creatine Monohydrate
  • What to expect of me:Well obviously I'm going to be hittin it hard in the gym. My diet for the most part consists of everything I can fit into my mouth. On a bulk I'm not nearly as picky with what I eat. I will be updating daily, and hopefully be able to throw up a few pictures/videos in the mean time. This log should last about 30days, give or take.
Big thanks / shout out to Bolt10 for sending me some Poseidon to log, and the guys at Nimbus. Looking forward to gettin this party started :cool:

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
September 2nd

Bench
  • 135 x 5
  • 155 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 215 x 5
  • 245 x 5
Squat
  • 135 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 225 x 5
  • 255 x 5
  • 300 x 5
BB Rows
  • 135 x 5
  • 135 x 5
  • 155 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 215 x 5
Situps
  • +5kg x 20
  • +5kg x 20
  • +5kg x 20
Hyper
  • +5kg x 15
  • +5kg x 15
  • +5kg x 15

Felt great in the gym today, forgot my IntrAbolic in the gym :mad: However still hit all my lifts which was fantastic. Have been out of the game for almost 2 weeks because of my wisdom teeth, so to hit everything was fantastic.

I changed from mon-wed-fri to tues-thur-sat due to having 3 classes on Monday and it just seemed a bit too hectic.

Poseidon Comments: Taking my first dose tonight before bed, just to help acclimate my body to the ingredients (niacin, mag, etc.). Tomorrow will be 2-3 scoops throughout the day, and increase the dose from there on out up to 6 daily.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd be so mad if i forgot my IA :eek:

Good luck with this and look forward to some honest feedback :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
glad to see you giving this a run. Good luck

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd be so mad if i forgot my IA :eek:

Good luck with this and look forward to some honest feedback :)
Yeah, I was draggin ass pretty bad. Especially cause I wasn't able to eat a nice pre-workout meal cause I had a 6:30-9 class. I survived though, so that's the good news :p

glad to see you giving this a run. Good luck
Yep, should be a fun month!

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Took my first dose this morning (11:15ish) upon waking up, had a minor flush (little red on my left elbow and my neck).

Will take another around 4:45ish and then one tonight a half hour before bed.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
awesome, the flush begins to dissipate I find with greater use

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep, I am sure my body will become more acclimated within the next few days.

Tomorrow is Squat, Incline Bench, Deadlifts...hoping to hit all the numbers I hit a week before my wisdom teeth out. Would be great to pick up there :cool:

I may try to record the mixing ability of the Poseidon as I really find it to be above average. It fizzles into complete dissipation. Also, will try recording my deadlifts tomorrow as well.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
same - I kinda miss it!

I may try to record the mixing ability of the Poseidon as I really find it to be above average. It fizzles into complete dissipation. Also, will try recording my deadlifts tomorrow as well.
If I can offer a tip, I find having a dose to sip on through the night really helpful- I wake up a few times for toilet stops, so sip some each time. By the time morning comes I've had half, then neck the rest as I get out of bed. You'll find you won't be dragging your ar$e as much!

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Do it the hard man way, scoop the powder into your mouth, then chase it with water. Guaranteed flush EVERY time.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
CM that just sounds a bit brutal :lol:

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I can offer a tip, I find having a dose to sip on through the night really helpful- I wake up a few times for toilet stops, so sip some each time. By the time morning comes I've had half, then neck the rest as I get out of bed. You'll find you won't be dragging your ar$e as much!

I haven't been waking up in the middle of the night at all though. For the most part I sleep like a rock.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Poseidon can certainly aid the sleep

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wish i only had 3 classes on one day lol. I got 25 hours/week, not as bad as the engineers but it's definitely alot.

Will be follow along. I bought Blast and Swell, and I might right up a formal review, however I didn't notice much. I think the true power of the products might be high-dosing the Poseidon complex, because on their own I found the 2 products lacking. Swell may have helped a bit with endurance, but I think that was mostly the Cit. Malate.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wish i only had 3 classes on one day lol. I got 25 hours/week, not as bad as the engineers but it's definitely alot.

Will be follow along. I bought Blast and Swell, and I might right up a formal review, however I didn't notice much. I think the true power of the products might be high-dosing the Poseidon complex, because on their own I found the 2 products lacking. Swell may have helped a bit with endurance, but I think that was mostly the Cit. Malate.
I have 3 monday, 2 tuesday, 2 wednesday, 2 thursday, 1 friday... :)

The Poseidon seems to get good reviews, and so far I can notice slight improvements in my sleep in just two days, so that is somewhat impressive. I do agree though, out of all of their products the Poseidon seems to have the best profile.

and thanks for stoppin by ;)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice class schedule :D

I really look back to some honest feedback DG because you don't seem to be sucked into many supplements or trying to always find the perfect thing that will makes u anabolic!! :p

Random note i took some Poseidon in the middle of the day yesterday and had an INSANE flush and i have no clue why...but i was burning..

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice class schedule :D

I really look back to some honest feedback DG because you don't seem to be sucked into many supplements or trying to always find the perfect thing that will makes u anabolic!! :p

Random note i took some Poseidon in the middle of the day yesterday and had an INSANE flush and i have no clue why...but i was burning..
Yea, it's going to be brutally honest don't worry ;) As you said, I stick to the basics for the most part with a few cycles of divanil based products here and there.

I haven't gotten any burning as much as I have experienced my skin turning red whenever I scratch/touch it.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok scratch that whole "mild flush"....I was just burning :eek: my whole face looked burnt and my arms lol fun fun!!

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
September 4th​

Squat
  • 135 x 5
  • 155 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 225 x 5
  • 225 x 5
Incline Bench
  • 135 x 5
  • 155 x 5
  • 175 x 5
  • 190 x 5
Deadlift
  • 215 x 5
  • 225 x 5
  • 240 x 5
  • 275 x 5
  • 315 x 5
Situps
  • 5kg x 20
  • 5kg x 20
  • 5kg x 20

Everything felt good, sleep is good, etc. The flushes are still there, and hopefully over the next few days a few of the benefits will start really kicking in.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
those are some nice lifts bud! :thumpsup:

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
those are some nice lifts bud! :thumpsup:
Not bad, all of them are quite a bit lower than my actual 5 rep maxes, but hopefully in a month or two the PR's will start coming ;)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
looking good man, keep it up :thumbsup:

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have 3 monday, 2 tuesday, 2 wednesday, 2 thursday, 1 friday... :)

The Poseidon seems to get good reviews, and so far I can notice slight improvements in my sleep in just two days, so that is somewhat impressive. I do agree though, out of all of their products the Poseidon seems to have the best profile.

and thanks for stoppin by ;)
Good to hear about the sleep benefits. I moved appartments and now on a busy appartment and my sleep has been hit or miss. Been trying to get some deep sleep with ZMA, IGF-2 and a DTH, but it's been hit or miss. My 1-Carboxy is getting here tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to that.

Good luck with your log and classes. I start Monday :thumbsup:

papagunz

Awards
Lol dude, I'm a sophomore too and am taking bio. What other classes ya got?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ahh I have fond memories for certain classes. I took a horror film class where I actually watched the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I miss that class :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The fun classes come in upper years :) I've got Immunology, PathoPhysiology, NeuroScience, Biochemistry and CardioRespiratory Physiology.

How long have you been on the 5x5 program? I switched to GVT mid-July, and I think that has led to some serious muscle growth the past month or so (Perhaps my rest week was move beneficial for me than I realized too. I've trained hard for a long time with little time off)

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
im rocking calc as well, physics, and philosophy in film (amazing class)
Nice, I'll be taking physics eventually...maybe next semester.

ahh I have fond memories for certain classes. I took a horror film class where I actually watched the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I miss that class :)
Lol sounds like a fun class.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The fun classes come in upper years :) I've got Immunology, PathoPhysiology, NeuroScience, Biochemistry and CardioRespiratory Physiology.

How long have you been on the 5x5 program? I switched to GVT mid-July, and I think that has led to some serious muscle growth the past month or so (Perhaps my rest week was move beneficial for me than I realized too. I've trained hard for a long time with little time off)
Only about 3-4 weeks before wisdom teeth, and now I'm starting back at week 3.

So the next few weeks should really start bringing on the heavy weights, PRs, muscle growth, etc.

Those classes sound very very interesting.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
September 6th

Flat Bench
  • 135 x 5
  • 155 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 205 x 5
  • 250 x 3
  • 185 x 5
Squat
  • 135 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 225 x 5
  • 260 x 5
  • 310 x 3
  • 225 x 8
Rows
  • 135 x 5
  • 155 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 225 x 4
  • 155 x 8
Assistance Work​

Weighted Dips
  • BW x 10
  • BW x 10
  • BW x 10
BB Curls
  • 65 x 10
  • 65 x 10
  • 65 x 10
Tri Pushdowns
  • 110 x 10
  • 110 x 10
  • 110 x 10

Hit all my lifts, so overall a successful week coming back from my 2 weeks off due to wisdom teeth.

Definitely feeling improvements in my sleep, skin seems to be improving a little although I'm hoping it will still clear up a little more in the future.

I have a question for your Nimbus guys...regarding the ingredient panel.

It says 1 serving = 1 scoop (approx 5grams)

The Poseidon Complex is listed as 4999mg. How about all the ingredients listed above the complex?

Also, it says 90 servings per container. If each serving is approximately 5grams that would be 450 grams, but each container is 440.

Just an observation (no call out) :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
September 6th

Flat Bench
  • 135 x 5
  • 155 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 205 x 5
  • 250 x 3
  • 185 x 5
Squat
  • 135 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 225 x 5
  • 260 x 5
  • 310 x 3
  • 225 x 8
Rows
  • 135 x 5
  • 155 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 225 x 4
  • 155 x 8
Assistance Work​

Weighted Dips
  • BW x 10
  • BW x 10
  • BW x 10
BB Curls
  • 65 x 10
  • 65 x 10
  • 65 x 10
Tri Pushdowns
  • 110 x 10
  • 110 x 10
  • 110 x 10

Hit all my lifts, so overall a successful week coming back from my 2 weeks off due to wisdom teeth.

Definitely feeling improvements in my sleep, skin seems to be improving a little although I'm hoping it will still clear up a little more in the future.

I have a question for your Nimbus guys...regarding the ingredient panel.

It says 1 serving = 1 scoop (approx 5grams)

The Poseidon Complex is listed as 4999mg. How about all the ingredients listed above the complex?

Also, it says 90 servings per container. If each serving is approximately 5grams that would be 450 grams, but each container is 440.

Just an observation (no call out) :)
First let me say I am glad to see the positive effects are really starting to kick in.

With regards to the first question:
Per nimbus website:
1 Servings Provide:
Vitamin C(Ascorbic Acid) 750mg 1250%
Niacin (B-3) 75mg 250%
Vitamin B-6 (Pyrodoxine Hydrochloride) 5mg 50%
Folic Acid 200µg 50%
Zinc (Zinc Gluconate) 7mg 48%
Vitamin B-12 1000mcg 16666%
Potassium 350mg 10%
Magnesium 150mg 43%
Sodium 60mg 3%
Regarding the second question, to be honest my assumption (and it is just an assumption) as you said, 1 scoop = approx 5 grams. I think it could be plus or minus a bit, which then could even out to 440.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First let me say I am glad to see the positive effects are really starting to kick in.

With regards to the first question:
Per nimbus website:

Regarding the second question, to be honest my assumption (and it is just an assumption) as you said, 1 scoop = approx 5 grams. I think it could be plus or minus a bit, which then could even out to 440.
Little confused with that info from the website. The listed ingredients are just to show the amounts of those vitamins/electrolytes. Then however much is left of the 5g not covered by those, is how much the other ingredients (cyancobalamin, etc.) make up?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Little confused with that info from the website. The listed ingredients are just to show the amounts of those vitamins/electrolytes. Then however much is left of the 5g not covered by those, is how much the other ingredients (cyancobalamin, etc.) make up?
not sure I understand entirely, but I will take a shot. Those are above and beyond the Poseidon complex, which is separate ingredients. Are you asking for specific amounts in the poseidon complex?

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
not sure I understand entirely, but I will take a shot. Those are above and beyond the Poseidon complex, which is separate ingredients. Are you asking for specific amounts in the poseidon complex?
That is where I'm confused as well.

If they are in addition too, than each scoop would be significantly over 5g.

The Complex is listed as 5075* mg on your site and 4999* mg on my product.

So any ingredients listed would put the scoop over 5g, correct?

Little confusing. :eek:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is where I'm confused as well.

If they are in addition too, than each scoop would be significantly over 5g.

The Complex is listed as 5075* mg on your site and 4999* mg on my product.

So any ingredients listed would put the scoop over 5g, correct?

Little confusing. :eek:
In looking at the site, I am seeing roughly 1.4 (ish) grams of the ingredients outside of the Poseidon complex. Additionally, we are talking about 5 (rough estimate) grams of the poseidon complex per serving. Which would give us just over 6 grams per serving combined. This is an interesting quandry and the math is making my head spin. I will have to look further into it

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In looking at the site, I am seeing roughly 1.4 (ish) grams of the ingredients outside of the Poseidon complex. Additionally, we are talking about 5 (rough estimate) grams of the poseidon complex per serving. Which would give us just over 6 grams per serving combined. This is an interesting quandry and the math is making my head spin. I will have to look further into it
Yea, I've been playing with the numbers for a few days now myself before I brought it up...thought it was just me for a while :p Sorry for the headaches (**hands advil **)

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today is Squats/Bench/Rows...will post back in a little while how the lift went, and also a few more comments on my experience thus far.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today is Squats/Bench/Rows...will post back in a little while how the lift went, and also a few more comments on my experience thus far.
Looking forward to more feedback and good luck on the lift :)

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
September 9th

Squat
  • 155 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 225 x 5
  • 275 x 5
  • 310 x 5 *video*
  • [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX0HbUlMr0g"]YouTube - Squats 310 x 5 @ 186lbs[/ame]
Bench
  • 135 x 5
  • 155 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 225 x 5
  • 250 x 5
BB Rows
  • 115 x 5
  • 135 x 5
  • 165 x 5
  • 195 x 5
  • 220 x 5 *video*
  • [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GhaK_Hf74M"]YouTube - BB Rows 220 x 5 @ 186lbs[/ame]
Sit-ups
  • +15 x 20
Hyper
  • +15 x 20
Gym closed.​

Great lift, the squats/bench felt really easy. Unfortunately when my friend hit the record button on bench it didn't go. Next time :)

My skin is clearing up, really starting to see some benefits. My mood has been great the last few days (also attribute this to me and the girl getting along :cool:) Going to take one more scoop before going to bed. Between the improved sleep and increase in energy aspects, it's safe to say that Poseidon is a GREAT non-stim energy product. Which is appearing to be just the tip of the iceberg as far as benefits.

As the log continues, I will divulge more and more feedback along with in-depth details. I was waiting a little bit to make sure it had time to build up, etc. and didn't want to jump the gun on anything ;)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Those are some nice lifts! You made both look easy and had a full ROM..impressive :thumbsup:

i love the energy aspect as well...i have several early classes and having to get up is kinda tough..but i down some poseidon and get a nice little boost.

Good review so far :cool:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea, I've been playing with the numbers for a few days now myself before I brought it up...thought it was just me for a while :p Sorry for the headaches (**hands advil **)
I sent an email on this to figure it out. Hope to know soon

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Those are some nice lifts! You made both look easy and had a full ROM..impressive :thumbsup:

i love the energy aspect as well...i have several early classes and having to get up is kinda tough..but i down some poseidon and get a nice little boost.

Good review so far :cool:
Thank yous Bolt :) Took a long time for the whole concept of "weight does not matter, when you're a bodybuilder." It's all about form and stimulating growth. Numbers are trivial, so form tends to be something I like to pride myself on :)

So it's safe to say Poseidon knocks me out (night) and then picks me back up (morning) ;)

I sent an email on this to figure it out. Hope to know soon
Sounds good Reaper, I appreciate you really looking into it. Hopefully it wasn't too much of a hassle.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The numbers on the labelling of Swell had me confused as well. Probably same sort of problem, I just gave up trying to figure it out exactly lol.
Lol :rolleyes:

I figured I'd bring it up since I didn't have much else to say at the time, being so early in the testing phase :cool:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, here is the answer from the head man himself:

I was told that all ingredients are inclusive within the Poseidon complex, thus giving the necessary 5 grams.

Now that makes more sense.