Inside: poison's unsponsored Blue Gene log. Violence! Grappling! Deadly techniques!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, so I bought Blue Gene on my own, received it on Friday, and will be logging my experience here.

Who cares, right? Well, you should! I've agreed to subject myself to the gruelling regimen of judo training, for 2 hours three times a week, to put Blue Gene to the test. Will the 'Stimulant Free Endurance and Stamina' aid my quest for physical power and domination on the mat, or will I end the month a beaten, quivering mass of humanity? Will the Natural Hormone Levels and Recovery optimization rewind my internal clock by 15 years, or will I limp off the mat a cowed aging fool?

About me: I'm 34, and when I started judo 5 months ago I weight 194 at 6'0" with ~10-12% bodyfat, very visible abs. For reference, I was at a 350lb deadlift, and I recently ran a 5k with no running/training in 21:40, came in 3rd in my age group, 49th out of 500.

I completely stopped all other forms of training to do judo. I've wanted to take a martial art for years, and finally broke down and did it. I didn't have a preference as to which art I took, I just wanted 1) a high level of instruction, 2) realistic, full force/full contact training, and 3) something usable on the street.

Judo isn't that popular here in the US, but it's wildly popular elsewhere around the world. Some here may not know what exactly it entails, so, in short, it's basically throws from the standing position, and transitions to grappling on the ground. Brazilian Jiu jitsu was derived from judo, so they share a lot of the same grappling skills.

The training is intense. High level judo fighters have very high levels of fitness, and I believe fighting of any style is as demanding as it gets, with grappling being the hardest. You're in constant tension with your opponent when grappling, and there's no letting up.

Class starts out with a 20-40 minute 'warm-up', which consists of pretty much every calesthenic known to man, and then some, back-to-back: running, pushups, situps, crunches, leg raises/flutters/planks, lunges, and a lot of pairing up and lifting/pulling/gragging the other guy around. It's brutal.

Then class starts. We do 15-20 minutes instruction and practice of a technique and/or its variations, then 15 minutes of ground fighting. Another 10 minutes of practicing stand-up techniques, then 45 minutes of all out full-contact fighting/throwing.

It's a weird combination of aerobic endurance with many intense anaerobic bursts. I spend a lot of time with someone elses weight on my, lifting them, pulling them, directing them. I get thrown countless times a class, 50 or more. In the beginning getting up is tiring, all by itself. Getting thrown hurts, though I'm getting better at falling. I've had a concussion, nasty cauliflower ear, wicked sprained toes, a sprained foot/ankle, wicked sore finger joints, and tons of weird bruises and ****ed up shin swelling. :D

So far on Blue Gene: I'm on my 4th day, and I've been working very hard, with little sleep, but I had wood the last two mornings. When I'm this tired, it doesn't happen, so take that for what its worth. Nothing else to report.

My first class on Blue Gene is tomorrow, so I'll be back then!

Here's a vid of judo ippons, or scoring, match-finishing throws:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlkAeYbNjEg&feature=related"]YouTube - Extreme Judo (HQ) - High Quality[/ame]

And for fun:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMJixq-LbgI"]YouTube - James Cagney does Judo[/ame]

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Wow, subb'd! I've done martial arts my whole life (chinese traditional styles) and totally respect Judo. I'll definitely be following this one!!!!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks, I can't wait to get back in there and try this stuff out!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm in to see what kind of wicked fighting habits I can learn from you! Well that and to watch your pain;)

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Perfect! I will suffer so you don't have to. :D

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Matai!

Phew, got tired just reading the description and had to tap out.

Tear it up, brutha!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Will do, Bioman!

I popped my 5 Blue Gene at 6:15PM last night and made my way to class. I was tired, so I drank a half a blue Monster (gotta color match the supps, you know ;) ) just for a caffeine pop. I usually have some form of caffeine pre-judo, as by the time I hit class, I've been up 14 hours, working 11.

I missed Fridays class, and the dojo was closed Monday, so our sensei decided to 'make up for it' by kicking our asses in the warm up. It went like this:

Light run, then the following exercises for 20-60 reps. 3 kinds of squats, lunges, leg flutters, bicycles, adductor crap, 3 variations of supermans, leg lifts with person throwing legs down, straight leg situps with person pushing you down, reverse crunches, 4 kinds of pushups, shoulder raises, and more stuff I can't remember. It seemed like it never effin stopped, but it was 40+ minutes.

Then we practices breakfalls: forward, backward, and sideways. THe goal is to accept that you are falling, and spread the impact over as much area of the body as possible, while protecting the vital areas, like the head and joints.

A short random vid showing it more or less:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDhzGo-9wqg&NR=1"]YouTube - judo ukemi[/ame]

By this time, I was feeling pretty tired, and kind of like my body was just starting to wake up from its 5 day vacation. I felt pretty crappy during the warmup, missing classes always feels bad upon return, but at this point, 45-50 minutes in, I felt better.

Then we practiced a technique, ouchi gari, an inner leg sweep, and different situations in which to apply it, which looks like this:

A Karo Parisiyan vid of it:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFAFKQThj9U"]YouTube - Karo Parisyan, Judo For Mixed Martial Arts, Ouchi-Gari[/ame]

We then did 10 minutes of newaza, or ground fighting. I ended up going with the sensei, and got armbarred, then choked to ****. :D

After than we did 10 minutes of free practice, where we pair up and do whatever we want, but without resisting, and without actually throwing, for muscle memory sake.

By this time, as you can imagine, I was shaking. THe bout with the sensei killed me. But after a few minutes of free practice, I recovered quite nicely.

The last 45 minutes were full-force fighting, for 3-5 minute intervals, switching partners every time. Judo stresses actual fighting time for several reasons:

1) judo was developed from japanese jiu jitsu, and Kano, the founder of Judo, believed taking the deadly or dangerous techniques out of the equation would make it more effective overall, because you could then train full-force with a resisting partner without fear of injury or death. Truth be told, his fighters took on the top jiu jitsu guys of his day, and they soundly beat them. Realistic training FTW!

2) judo is all about body mechanics and timing. There's only one way to learn and develop your sense of both: actual time spent moving someone's body around. It takes intuition, and 'feeling', something you only gain through contact.

3) Judo is very competition oriented, and the benefits of lots of real fighting in this area are clear.

If I go in to randori, or free-fighting, with the aim to do the best I can EVERY round, to pull off EVERY throw I attempt, I bonk in about two rounds. It's brutal. Judo fighters know how to use their strength and weight VERY efficiently, and someone with a slight technical advantage bests my strength EVERY time. It's like fighting a brick wall (or water), even if I have 40-50lbs on the guy. So I'm looking for some botanical aid from Blue Gene. I have good endurance, but there is no such thing as too much! I did pretty good this class, despite the effed warmup and lack of sleep and food during my 5 days off. I'm excited to see how Blue Gene performs in this regard.

So far, libido is noticable; it's not like Fenotest, which I quit taking because I felt like I had been possessed by a serial rapist (Mmm, look at that, hey Babyshut up, *******, I'm busy nowoh, yeah, come on nowdude, that's the co-worker you hateahh, but look at that asshead assplode). It's more subtle, and natural, like it turns on when needed, if you get what I mean. Morning wood is oak.

So far, so good!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Awesome detailed update!!! Gotta match the (Lift in) Colors! :D Great post!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
very interested in you opinions on blue gene, you have steered me towards good stuff before. know i can count on you for a good honest no bs log. btw seems like you are liking it so far.:thumbsup:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks, thebigt, I'm happy to report my results. :)

I took 5 Blue Gene at 6:10PM last night with a half Monster, and class started at 7:00PM with a very similar warmup to Weds class: 35 minutes straight of different variations each of burpees, pushups, situps, crunches, leg raises, leg flutters, front and back wheelbarrows, and a bunch of exercises where, say, one guy stands, bent over with hands on knees, the other guy leapfrogs over directly to prone upon landing, crawls through the standing guys legs, stands up and leapfrogs again, etc. I had good energy and endurance during this, better than on WEds.

Whew!

Then we practiced technique, an extension of Weds class: ouchi gari, the inner leg sweep, but showed the options if the person dodged back or forward, or if the technique failed, basically stringing several techniques together. Say, inner leg sweep, he pushes, you turn into him pulling and hop throw, using his push against him. Freakin sweet! (vids and gif of technique above)

WE then did ground fighting for 15 minutes. I fought a guy who I did not realize is an actor, until I saw the movie Redbelt last week. He was the ref in that movie. He's a BJJ guy, and tough for me. My other two opponents were better than me, but I was bigger and stronger, so it was back and forth. I felt remarkably better at this point than on WEds class, not shaky at all.

Next we did another 10-15 minutes of free practice with no throws, which were very interesting. I partnered with a smaller middle aged black belt who I've never gone with. When doing free practice, there is to be no resistance. I tried a hip throw, and couldn't get his 160lbs off the ground. It was very peculiar. I can't begin to explain in words how these slight, older guys can manipulate their weight and my leverage to their advantage. It's insane, and really motivates me: I want to do that too! Judo gives fighters a VETY strong base or center. Interesting, because its so opposite of the typical 'wax on, wax off' tai chi mumbo jumbo stuff most people think provides that.

Randori, or free fighting, was 45 minutes. A friend came from work to watch, as I'm trying to convince him to join the club. He got a real show, I was getting tossed like a rag doll, spectacularly, but I also did well, and got some good throws in myself, a rare occurrence. One of the black belts likes to abuse me, and used these two throws:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOIbQ2cXRHU"]YouTube - Tomoe Nage (Instructional)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjwerq6UZIs&feature=related"]YouTube - Harai TsuriKomi Ashi (Instructional)[/ame]

This guy throws hard, and puts weight behind it. THe first throw above is actually fun to experience; the second is so sudden and forceful its bizarre. THere's little warning it's gonna happen.

This fight session was very hard. I fought mostly black belts, and as one of them commented, I'm getting better and they're having to work harder. Well, they may be working harder to throw me, but along with that comes rougher treatment, and I'M busting my ass to throw them. It's seriously anaerobic, and I finished class strong. Recovery from the periods of being on the brink, or bumping up against my VO2 max, is quickening. I really like how I felt during this class: strong, with good energy and endurance, as well as good focus.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you are doing well! I'm enjoying all of the reading and instruction on the techniques.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
been using c5, thinking to get vo2max and do 2/2 per day. it seems c5 is more long term [12 hour] and vo2max is more short term. i think they would complement the blue gene nicely.:thumbsup:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh, for sure they would! C5 complements EVERYTHING nicely! :D

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Very interesting to read these sessions, I've never seen a log for Judo + supplements. It's pretty awesome!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks! Judo is a TON of fun!

It's funny, a lot of judo guys don't know much about supplements; the older ones seem to look down on them. MMA/BJJ guys are more into them, it seems. As unconventional, informal, and new as judo is, it's still got traditional martial art roots.

As hard as training here is, it's pretty weak compared to how it's supposed to be. We do a 40 minute warmup: at the Kodokan, the premier Japanese judo training center, they do 3-4 hours of that a day. We do 45 minutes actual fighting each class, unmatched among martial arts; they do 3-4 hours, twice a day.

Like I said, judo fighters are among the most fit fighters on the planet, and despite the lack of press they get here, they hold their own, or win, on international fight circuits.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks! Judo is a TON of fun!

It's funny, a lot of judo guys don't know much about supplements; the older ones seem to look down on them. MMA/BJJ guys are more into them, it seems. As unconventional, informal, and new as judo is, it's still got traditional martial art roots.

As hard as training here is, it's pretty weak compared to how it's supposed to be. We do a 40 minute warmup: at the Kodokan, the premier Japanese judo training center, they do 3-4 hours of that a day. We do 45 minutes actual fighting each class, unmatched among martial arts; they do 3-4 hours, twice a day.

Like I said, judo fighters are among the most fit fighters on the planet, and despite the lack of press they get here, they hold their own, or win, on international fight circuits.
damn, poison. by my calculations that is up to 12 hours of training in one day, now that is intense.:thumbsup: i work a lot of 12's in a factory, but nothing compared to that.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, they're insane.

Check out Human WEapon's Judo episode. It's cool.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok, so yesterday I was tired. Exhausted. A Monster wasn't going to work, so I drank half an Endorush with my 5 Blue Genes. I felt much better by the time class hit.

I realized something: I get itchy palms within 20 minutes of taking Blue Gene, almost like the beta alanine tingle, but isolated to the base of my palm. I have felt it, but hadn't really noticed until last night, sitting and waiting for the Endorush to caffeinated my brain. It's not the niacinamide as that shouldn't flush; it must be the ginko. It goes away within ten minutes. Interesting.

Anyway, I seem to get a sort of calm mental clarity, and the added kick of the Endorush was quite nice.

The regular sensei came late, so another black belt warmed us up. It was quite tame compared to the usual; good thing, given I was tired to start with.

The regular sensei showed up just as we finished the warm up, and we continued with the techniques we've been learning, the inner foot sweep, and options thereafter, including this beauty of a throw:

(watch the vid, there are some spectacular throws in there :D )

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R43op-tg-_E&feature=related"]YouTube - JUDO Best Uchimata- music by Queen[/ame]

I got spanked in groundfighting, but one of the black belts said I'm getting tougher. Sweet. It was a tough session. We did a quick ten minute practice session with no throws, and hit a LONG fight session.

I had felt kind of off to start, and tired, and I was tapped from the ground fighting. I was struggling with the technique learning part of things. In the free fighting, I was very tired, but realized the people i was fighting were more tired than me; in other words, i was pushing hard and recovery fast between bouts.

And I did something beautiful: I was fighting a very experienced black belt. I tried the inner sweep we've been working on. He avoided me. I transitioned to an outside hip throw, which he blocked by thrusting his hips into mine, but his block left his legs spread, me sideways in contact with his body. I hooked my right leg around his left, and drove hard into him with my left, just like we've been learning. He went on his ass, and immediately said with a smirk "You gotta embarrass me like that?". It's the first time I've strung a flowing stream of techniques together without any real conscious thought. I actually got several good throws in, once more against that same guy.

progress! I feel like I'm able to keep my coordination longer at the ragged edge of exhaustion, as well as recover from that edge faster, with Blue Edge.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Great log poison. I would love to be able to take Judo but there is none offered around here. I could kick myself for not taking advantage of the free classes I could have had when I was stationed in Japan. I was young and my thought processes weren't the best, drinking and whores were the priorities back then.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks! I don't understand, judo goes hand-in-hand with drinking and whoring. :D Where are you at now?

I neglected to mention: vascularity is up a LOT.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Great progress so far poison! :thumbsup:

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! I don't understand, judo goes hand-in-hand with drinking and whoring. :D Where are you at now?

I neglected to mention: vascularity is up a LOT.

southeastern Ky.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anything here:

City/County/Town

Club/Dojo Link

Contact
Bowling Green Bowling Green KY Judo Club Fred G. Barnett
Elizabethtown Elizabethtown Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Judo Josh Johnson
Hazard United States Jujitsu Federation Jonathan Helton
Lebanon Lebanon Judo Tony Sandoval
Lexington University of Kentucky Judo Club Scott Hardin
Lexington Four Seasons United Martial Arts Brian Jones
Louisville Toshi Judo and Jujitsu Dojo John Wortley
Louisville Tohshi Judo and Jujitsu Dojo J Wortley
union Northern Kentucky Judo John Caamano
Union Northern Kentucky Judo John Caamano
Winchester Craig Caudill
Winchester Bluegrass Budokai Craig Caudill
http://www.judoinfo.com/contacts/browse2.php?Country=United States&State=Kentucky

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Popped my 5 Blue Gene last night, and hit class. I'll keep this one short, as I was a bit off and clumsy: endurance is up, definitely. Despite fighting hard in the last 45 minutes, I felt unphased after class, which for me means unsatisfied; I'm not happy unless I'm a sore, bruised, quivering mess. So I guess I'll have to push harder, for longer.

I can't wait for FRidays class. :D

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
yeah I have seen that JuiJitsu place in Hazard but I heard they were more MMA oriented. I would like to just take strictly Judo.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
getting ready to make another big order soon, i assume you are giving blue gene a thumbs up?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes. Something interesting I just started to notice: My joints feel a bit tight the last two days. Cissus? Maybe.

But yeah, I'm not even getting the full effect yet, I think, and the endurance effects are pronounced. Libido is high, but in a subtle way. Vascularity is pronounced (though I can't speak to pumps, as I don't really get those off judo), and there's definitely a focus component happening here.

That's a lot going on for one supplement. I'll keep an eye on the joint thing; it may be the high percentage extract is lowering cortisol a lot. But chock that up as another benefit for those less sensitive.

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established
Awesome ! :afro:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Last night, 5 Blue Gene, and off to class.

We practiced 'offensive blocking' of techniques. Essentially the instinct is to push the other guy away, especially when he's about to try to throw. Instead, if you aggressively step in low and kind of thrust with your hips, actually hitting him with some force, you take his space and momentum away. He can't do his technique. There are minor tweaks needed for different throws, but it's really straight forward, even if it goes against what your body is saying to do.

Then we practiced some cool takedowns, where you actually just grab him, lift and arch back so he comes completely off the ground, and slam him on his back.

YouTube - ushiro goshi

I actually got this in randori, free fighting. I was fighting a very good brown belt, he went for a throw, and I popped him up and slammed him down pretty good. I also got a hiza guruma against a black belt:

And a combination which ended in an ashi guruma:

So nice progress. I busted my ass in both the ground fighting and free fighting. I fought a 260lb brown belt in ground fighting, as well as the sensei, and went almost straight through, all out for 45 minutes of free fighting.

Endurance is GREAT. I'll be nearly about to pass out from anaerobic exertion, but i recovery from it quickly, quicker than most people, and quicker than usual for myself. I LOVE it, its exactly what I was looking for.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
it sounds like you are kicking some asss. nice progress for an 'old' dude starting late.:toofunny:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
HEY! :mad: I'm not old, just well seasoned.

:lol: I'm doing pretty good. I've always been a cardio feind, I have an unusually high VO2 max. I was running 5 miles a couple times a week with my dad at age 7-8, and I've been into biking, working out, and so on since I was a kid.

So fitness is not a problem, it's my co-ordination and reflexes. I'm not a klutz, I just don't translate ideas into physical motion easily. I'm a retard when it comes to planned fancy footwork, though I'm a damn mountain goat when it comes to stuff like outdoor scrambling. I just don't do choreographed stuff well.

Judo moves have three steps, for the most part, though each step can have several simultaneous components. So that part is hard for me.

I won't say Blue Gene is helping me in that regard, but I'm sure the good dose of ginko is not hurting my mental skillz in the learning dept. As I've said, there's a definate nootropic aspect to Blue Gene.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I'm an idiot when it comes to footwork as well. Give me something to smash and i'll do well, but I'll trip over myself if you have me move the way I'm not used to :) It's definitely harder than it looks to coordinate feet and hands :D

I agree though, BG is definitely up there for focus / mental clarity

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hi there, fellow klutz! :lol:
tennis has kept my footwork relatively good over the years, but havent really tested my knee with all-out court time yet. there's a term in tennis called 'wrong footed', it just means your opponent gets you close to one sideline and you try to get back to center, thats when he hits it back where you were.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just time for a quick update: I took 5 Blue Gene AND 3 Core Zap last night, and pushed it really hard. It was different, to say the least. I'll have more to report after tomorrows class.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Just time for a quick update: I took 5 Blue Gene AND 3 Core Zap last night, and pushed it really hard. It was different, to say the least. I'll have more to report after tomorrows class.
You big tease! :D

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, oops: I forgot I had a parent/teacher meeting WEds night, so i missed class, and my wife had surgery on her neck (went fine) yesterday. I'm picking her up today, so I'll say I may miss class tonight, too. :( At least it's for a good reason. :)

I'm down to my last 1/3 or 1/4 bottle of Blue Gene. As for Core Zap...I'm not sure I like it for my purposes. I need to play with it more. Just based on the one serving, I prefer using Blue Gene only. But sometimes I'm really exhausted, mentally, as my days are long, so I need some energy. It just may not be the kind of energy I want.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Woke up this morning, and said 'Damn, I can't miss two judo classes and not do ANYTHING', so I hit the gym first thing, empty stomach, 5 Blue Gene and a double espresso (half my normal amount).

I did an easy 2 mile run in 16 minutes, at a slight incline. I was barely breathing, I mean it was so far sub-maximal it was a joke. And I don't even run.

Then I did deadlift, 15-30 seconds rest between sets:

25 x 135
15 x 135
10 x 135

I've lost strength, I was doing 40 x 135 before I stopped working out 6 months ago. Then I did some random pullups.

A guy at the gym I haven't seen in 8 months or so said I look fantastic, lean and strong. He said I have a different look in my eye, so I told him I'm only taking judo, and he said 'Ah, that's it'. It was interesting to hear someone else's perspective.

So as this is my first, and probably last, gym workout on Blue Gene, I'll say this: cardio was just silly. The run was all aerobic, as opposed to judo which is HIIT'ish. My legs were feeling a bit tired by thE end, as it's just a different movement, but overall it was a breeze. Mentally, I felt very clear-headed and focused, but unlike a stim, it's relaxed and clean. After doing the high rep deadlift, my legs were pumped as hell, looking as big as before I stopped working out even though they've lost size. Back and shoulders too looked pumped and vascular. Odd, because it was a very short workout without much focus on anything specific. Two hours later my forearms, shoulders, and chest are a Rand McNally, and overall I feel clear and energized.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes it is, crader! I can't wait for judo class tomorrow.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone want to trade a virtually untouched bottle of Core Zap for a bottle of Blue Gene?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Um, well, not for my purposes. Judo has me bumping my VO2 max on a regular basis, and the blood pressure elevating aspect kills me, Yohimbine does the same thing, I just feel like I'm gonna die at the high output level. I'm sure at more normal cardio levels, I'd love it. The nice thing is I took it at 6PM and was asleep by 11PM with zero issues, so that's useful for such a potent stim.

Renegade, should I taper off the Blue Gene, or just quit cold when my bottle is gone? Is there any kind of cortisol rebound from stopping cold turkey?

Anyway, last night I took my Blue Gene, and started class. Warmup was moderate, but I was still sore from my deadlift on Saturday, so it was 'fun'.

We then practiced single leg takedowns from different positions as the opponent tried to apply specific techniques. My partner was a new guy, it was his first night. He was about 5'9" and 230lbs. So I got to do more 'deadlift'; **** that guy was solid!

Most if it is similar to this movement, but grabbing a leg, not around the waist:

You need to get in low and close, grab a leg tight, lift and arch the back so he comes completely off the ground, then rotate him so his back is down and slam. The 230lb dude made it hard.

In randori (fighting) I actually got this a number of times with a 180lb guy. He'd try a harai goshi:

Or a technique where he's blocking my knee with his lifted leg, and I'd just charge in a bit, grab, arch, and slam. It's a fun kind of brute force move, and not too hard to pull off.

Here's a double leg takedown. You can see the potential for serious damage with this one, as in a real life and death fight, I'd not only slam him as hard as I could, angled on the shoulders/head, but I'd be following closely with my full bodyweight to crush him.

Again, Blue Gene is proving to be fantastic. My endurance is top notch, I am able to keep up with the top guys in the dojo (in fitness, not with throws ;) ), and overall it's one of the best total packages out there, as supplements go; I don't think anything offers more in one bottle. It covers mental focus, endurance, strength, joint protection, hormonal tweakage to the anabolic, libido, anti-oxidants, and even fat loss to some degree, if you factor in cortisol reduction from high potency cissus, the effects of the carnitine, and positive hormone balance.

Hence, I'd really like to trade someone for the Core Zap. I'm not at all happy about nearly finishing my bottle of Blue Gene. I can't afford another right now, but when I can, I'll be on it.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BTW, the caloric expenditure for 2 hours of judo is around 2-3k at high intensity. :cool:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What a class last night! 5 Blue Gene and 125mg caffeine, and I was just feeling GREAT: focused, strong, coordinated, and the endorphins were flowing strong. Damn, I felt GREAT after class.

We had a guest student: an old student who left to go to college, and was in town for one day. He's a highish level black belt, and started at our dojo. He was our sensei's 'pet' project, so to speak, so the sensei decided to welcome him back with a crazy class.

40 minutes of intense calisthenics. I mean intense. Lots of leg work, tons of core stuff. They definitely have some unusual ways of working the core, and it's freakin effective.

After that we did 20 minutes of o guruma practice:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xshW8OCg2FE"]YouTube[/nomedia]

We also did hikikomi gaeshi:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSXRb3Y4LdA&NR=1"]YouTube - Sumi gaeshi[/ame]

O guruma is a fast, hard throw, and sometimes if you really commit, you're headed face-first into the ground; the only thing that saves you is the other guy coming over your leg and hitting the ground first.

After that, we put down a crash pad, which is a 2in thick foam pad, and lined up. One person stands on the pad and throws everyone, one at a time, as fast as possible. Then the next guy does it, until everyone has thrown everybody. There were about 18 of us last night; by the time you finish, you're tired. ;)

Free fighting was 40 solid minutes. I had a blast. I actually managed to get both throws we had learned earlier, as well as tossing a couple experienced people with the simple bear hug/lift/throw we learned last class. I got that a bunch.

I'm concentrating on remaining loose, and standing upright, as well as moving in, constantly in. All those have drastically changed the dynamic of my fighting: I'm somewhat at a loss sometimes, as I'm used to applying techniques from farther away and more bent over. The flip side is that the brown and black belts have less room to attack, and commented several times on how much harder I was to throw. I'm donkey stomping many attacks by moving forward, but some are smart and fast and use it against me, with me > on my ass RIGHT NOW. :lol:

The new stance and more aggressive posture allowed me to pretty much throw another white belt easily, who has been a challenge in the past.

I'm very interested to see how Fridays class goes. I felt pretty alpha male during class, and high after. Confident and grinning from ear to ear. My hands were shaking in the middle of class from overall exhaustion, but I still felt powerful, and had plenty reserve after class. I didn't feel especially great going in. BTW, I took the Blue Gene only 15 minutes before class, as opposed to my usual 45-60.

Who wants my bottle of Core Zap, dammit!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Cool videos poison. I recently started getting back into Taijiquan. I thought you'd enjoy the 'wrestling' aspect of the art, so here is this video:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice! I do like that! Interesting how each art has a different way of getting to the same end result.

So I'm done with Blue Gene. I tapered off a bit, and also tried mixing in other products.

Blue Gene + RPM = thumbs up! Aggression.

BG + Primed Ultra = Positive euphoric energy and killer endurance. I mean WOW!

Blue Gene + Core Zap = mega-pass. Will not repeat.

BG + EndoRush = good energy and endurance.

Blue Gene overall is fantastic. It's probably the best all around formula I've tried. It does a lot, and does it well. I miss it, can't wait to get back on.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Nice! I do like that! Interesting how each art has a different way of getting to the same end result.

So I'm done with Blue Gene. I tapered off a bit, and also tried mixing in other products.

Blue Gene + RPM = thumbs up! Aggression.

BG + Primed Ultra = Positive euphoric energy and killer endurance. I mean WOW!

Blue Gene + Core Zap = mega-pass. Will not repeat.

BG + EndoRush = good energy and endurance.

Blue Gene overall is fantastic. It's probably the best all around formula I've tried. It does a lot, and does it well. I miss it, can't wait to get back on.
Wow, strong impressions brother. I too find it to have been one of the best products I've used, and I'm not just saying that. For an herbal booster, it's pretty powerful. Thank you for the awesome log !!!!!!!!! :bruce3:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If I wasn't stone broke, I'd be running a second bottle, renegade. Kudo's to you guys for putting together a formula that successfully addresses such a wide range of an athletes needs.

I was going to compete this month, but unfortunately I can't, due to time constraints with my coffee roasting business. When I do, I'll be taking BG for endurance and focus, without jacking myself up with stims. The adrenaline is strong enough by itself. :)