Rodja's XF Log-Rd 3 ETA: 8/10

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is going to be my 3rd run with XF, but I am adding not 1, but 2 twists.

Twist #1: instead of running it at 4/day for 50 days as recommended, I will be using it at 6/day for 50 days (3 bottles worth). As an FYI, the other times with XF, I ran them at 4/day for 50 days.

Twist #2: I will adding in 6 caps/day of Mass FX Max for 40 days (2 bottles).

Not really a twist, but I will also be using Napalm for 3 weeks on/1 week off, rotating bottles with clen every week while "on."

The rest of the arsenal:
100mg of forskolin
20g BCAAs (Xtend and bulk Leucine)
3 scoops Poseidon
50g WMS
25g SuperCarb
3 AP
200mg Magnesium
1 Pslin

I have been using this as my staple stack for a while now, so I know how I react to them and their efficacy on me. My routine will not change from what I have been doing for several months now, which is;
Mon-Arms/Delts, cardio
Tue-Lower/Core, BJJ (maybe)
Wed-Conditioning
Thur-Chest/Back, BJJ (maybe)
Fri-Off
Sat-MMA, Power/Core
Sun-Off

I do a moderate volume (9-12 sets), moderate rep (8-12), but every set is done to almost failure. This would probably something most would peg as "overtraining," but I have made consistent strength gains using this method. I haven't lifted in almost 3 weeks due to my last fight and taking a much needed and earned week off, so I am raring to get back in there. My main emphasis is to increase my delts, so I do them 2x/wk EoW to increase the overload.

Macros will be roughly 225g protein, 400-450g carbs, 60-80g fats and total kcals will be somewhere in the 300-3300 range, except on Sunday when I tend to eat whatever my little heart desires. My overall goal is to increase my core lifts and have a solid recomp. If I add 5 lbs of LBM and lose 2 lbs of fat, then I will call this a winner.

I will record my training for next week and then I will take baseline body comp numbers on 8/10. I figure next week will be my get back in the game week and it wouldn't be a fair assessment to start already.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Rodja,

I have seen you post before, but haven't commented. Props for taking part in MMA (outstanding athletiscm). Forgive me if this sounds naive, how long have you been involved in MMA? :think:

Regarding your cycle, everything has been articulated especially well. The X-Factor alongside Mass FX will be great. Incidentally, I have just tweaked my X-Factor/Activate Xtreme cycle to run longer (75 days) and include Mass FX for the last 28 of the cycle.

In particular, I applaud your effectors to find what suits your body. Similar to you, I have had to add more volume (while working to failure) to ensure strength and lean body mass gains.

How would you describe your experience with X-Factor the last time you used it (gains/sides etc.)?

Lastly, what are you goals for this cycle?

Work hard!!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been involved in MMA since about January '06. I trained mainly BJJ for the first year and have been working mainly on my striking since last September. The first time I ran XF, I was initially a little disappointed. I only gained 3 lbs, but still got some solid strength gains. However, when I looked back at the assessments, I realized that I had actually gained 7 lbs of muscle and lost 4 lbs of fat. Pretty damn amazing in 50 days without AAS. The second time, I did not get the results I hoped for, but there were too many outside factors on my training at that point and some injuries along the way as well. Strength gains were amazing, though, so it still helped out immenesely in an area that I highly emphasize.

My goal for this cycle is to lose about 2-3 lbs of fat and gain 5 lbs LBM. I am in a small hiatus from MMA because I am about to start grad school, but I will be able to train 1-2x/week to at least keep my technique solid.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
im looking to run xfactor to help me lean out. I will keep a close eye on your progress here as I know you will keep with it.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
I have been involved in MMA since about January '06. I trained mainly BJJ for the first year and have been working mainly on my striking since last September. The first time I ran XF, I was initially a little disappointed. I only gained 3 lbs, but still got some solid strength gains. However, when I looked back at the assessments, I realized that I had actually gained 7 lbs of muscle and lost 4 lbs of fat. Pretty damn amazing in 50 days without AAS.
Those results, in my opinion are outstanding! Most people can easily put on mass or cut successfully if it is done right (relative, right?!). The hardest is to shed fat and gain muscle simultaneously, IMO of course.

The second time, I did not get the results I hoped for, but there were too many outside factors on my training at that point and some injuries along the way as well.
Too funny. Actually, I am in a similar situation. I tried X-Factor once before, with, IMO lack luster results. Hindsight suggested that I give it another goal. After consulting with jjohn and problem solving a bit, I believe that I had redressed the the "possible" impediments to my X-Factor success. There is simply too much evidence behind X-Factor for it NOT to work. So, here I go again!

I am in a small hiatus from MMA because I am about to start grad school, but I will be able to train 1-2x/week to at least keep my technique solid.
Congratulations on making it to Grad school. Enjoy every moment of it! I will be completing my graduate degree this fall. :lol: My thesis was nearly completion (95 pages in) when my advisor suggest I publish under a different format?!? :nutkick: To make a long story short, it has not been a year...so I am signing up to take the comps in the fall!!! The university did not have comprehensives when I began the program, SO I AM ESPECIALLY glad that they now exist (I am a good test taker).

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Good luck on this run man, will be watching. XF has been something interesting to look at myself.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those results, in my opinion are outstanding! Most people can easily put on mass or cut successfully if it is done right (relative, right?!). The hardest is to shed fat and gain muscle simultaneously, IMO of course.
I knew that I had gotten leaner, but I did not realize how much of a difference it had on my body comp until I looked back on the numbers from beginning to end on the cycle. Doing this is a must, or at least should be for everyone, because there are a lot of times when you are making solid gains and may not be aware of it. I usually do this every 3-4 weeks anyway to see if I am getting too heavy (I don't get above 10%BF at any point throughout the year).

The only extra supplement I was taking outside of the basics was 90-100mg of forskolin. I remember reading about the synergy between the two and I am a big believer in them. I have finally learned how to have a solid recomp by being patient with my training and eating only slightly above maintenance kcals (200-300 kcal excess).

I also believe that this method also helps the muscle to mature in a better fashion and leads to a better quality of LBM gains.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
I knew that I had gotten leaner, but I did not realize how much of a difference it had on my body comp until I looked back on the numbers from beginning to end on the cycle. Doing this is a must, or at least should be for everyone, because there are a lot of times when you are making solid gains and may not be aware of it.
That is some solid advice! I am due to a caliper check at the end of this week. Isn't it great when you are pleasantly surprised by the recomp effect? The first time I was surprised by the recomp effect was when I was taking Jungle Warfare (not happy as some are stating that it is a prohormone) and the second time involved AP/Pslin/PowerFULL.

The only extra supplement I was taking outside of the basics was 90-100mg of forskolin. I remember reading about the synergy between the two and I am a big believer in them.
Interesting advice! Where you taking a supplement that contained forskolin, or did you purchase bulk? I have tried lean xtreme by DS and am happy to say that forskolin does not adversely affect my stomach, so perhaps I should give it a go?!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is some solid advice! I am due to a caliper check at the end of this week. Isn't it great when you are pleasantly surprised by the recomp effect? The first time I was surprised by the recomp effect was when I was taking Jungle Warfare (not happy as some are stating that it is a prohormone) and the second time involved AP/Pslin/PowerFULL.

Interesting advice! Where you taking a supplement that contained forskolin, or did you purchase bulk? I have tried lean xtreme by DS and am happy to say that forskolin does not adversely affect my stomach, so perhaps I should give it a go?!
Just the bulk powder. I took between 25-50mg, 2-4x/day. I worked up to it from 50mg/day.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First day back since 7/14

8/4-Arms/Delts

Push-Press-2x155x10
Cambered Curls/Side Laterals-2x95x10/2x30x12
Smith CG-2x205x10
Hammer Curls/Pressdowns-2x45x10/2x160x12
HS Preacher/Facepulls-2x80x10/2x120x15
Overhead Extensions-2x80x12

DC Stretches

I had a really good session today. I knew my numbers would be down, but it has been 3 weeks since I last lifter and my diet last week was atrocious (I drank Tuesday-Sunday and didn't eat enough protein). That being said, I still had a great pump and felt solid mentally. I really kicked it up once I got to the hammer curl/pressdown super set. My weight is about 182, but it is a sloppy, blurry 182. I will take my body comp next Monday when I start the stack (hopefully, it is here by then).

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Just the bulk powder. I took between 25-50mg, 2-4x/day. I worked up to it from 50mg/day.
Thanks!

I had to assume, but, where do you buy your bulk powder from? Have you always used bulk, or did you start with product that contained forkolin?

Also, I read a the summary to a few abstracts regarding Forslean (20% forskolin) and it seems like a solid product.

I have 3 bottles of Drive and RPM sitting in the bottom of my referator just waiting to be used! :food: Not yet...

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Questions:

1. Have you eaten whole eggs before in larger quantities (at least 6 or more whole eggs per day)? How would you compare it to supplementing AA?

2. Do you cycle your forskolin?

3. Have you had success gaining LBM with that macro split in the past? Looks low in protein, high in carbs, and low in fat, even with your high volume activity level. But overall if it works it works. Just curious though.

4. Dumb and lazy question but how much AA is in 6 caps of XF?

Overall a pretty solid natty stack with the massfx, forskolin, and XF. I'm assuming the napalm is just being used as an effort to reduce BF gain while lean bulking?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Questions:

1. Have you eaten whole eggs before in larger quantities (at least 6 or more whole eggs per day)? How would you compare it to supplementing AA?

2. Do you cycle your forskolin?

3. Have you had success gaining LBM with that macro split in the past? Looks low in protein, high in carbs, and low in fat, even with your high volume activity level. But overall if it works it works. Just curious though.

4. Dumb and lazy question but how much AA is in 6 caps of XF?

Overall a pretty solid natty stack with the massfx, forskolin, and XF. I'm assuming the napalm is just being used as an effort to reduce BF gain while lean bulking?
1. I usually eat 4 whole eggs a day and there is no comparison between them.
2. Yes, I cycle my forskolin usually at 12 on/4 off
3. I have been able to slowly add LBM with my diet, which is all I can expect. I have always been a high-carb person (I used to run cross-country in HS) and my protein intake is ~1.2g/lb and I also supplement with BCAAs. I don't eat a lot of fat because it makes me sluggish and more difficult to eat as many carbs as I need. LBM is not my primary concern, strength is, and I have made probably the best strength gains of my life this year. I look back at my logs from January and there is a huge difference in many, if not all, of my lifts.
4. 6 caps of XF=1500mg of AA.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1. I usually eat 4 whole eggs a day and there is no comparison between them.
2. Yes, I cycle my forskolin usually at 12 on/4 off
3. I have been able to slowly add LBM with my diet, which is all I can expect. I have always been a high-carb person (I used to run cross-country in HS) and my protein intake is ~1.2g/lb and I also supplement with BCAAs. I don't eat a lot of fat because it makes me sluggish and more difficult to eat as many carbs as I need. LBM is not my primary concern, strength is, and I have made probably the best strength gains of my life this year. I look back at my logs from January and there is a huge difference in many, if not all, of my lifts.
4. 6 caps of XF=1500mg of AA.
Good info on the diet. Wish I could munch that much without bloating!

In regards to eggs I think something like 12 extra large eggs contain 1.5g's of AA so you would have to eat quite a few more to compare. You should test that out after this experiment and let us know how it compares.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
In regards to eggs I think something like 12 extra large eggs contain 1.5g's of AA so you would have to eat quite a few more to compare.
Where did you find AA content of eggs. Just curious...:think:

Since starting my X-Factor cycle I have been comsuming 4-6 whole eggs per day.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good info on the diet. Wish I could munch that much without bloating!

In regards to eggs I think something like 12 extra large eggs contain 1.5g's of AA so you would have to eat quite a few more to compare. You should test that out after this experiment and let us know how it compares.
My main concern is if the AA is destroyed in the cooking process. I can eat that many carbs mainly because I got the lucky end of the genetics stick and I also make sure to eat at least 5 servings of produce and aim for 7. This has been one of the major points, along with food pH, of emphasis for me this year and I honestly believe that it is the main reason why I have had such a good training year.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4/5-Lower, Core
Deadlifts-365x2, 385x1, 395x1, 400x1
Uni LP-3x225x10
Weighted Crunches/Trunk Rotations-3x120x30/3x75x10

I was much stronger during this session that I expected. I have not done deadlifts in over a month and I am still refueling from my week of madness last week. This was also the first time I have done any direct leg work in many months...maybe even this year. My left knee feels good, but I am very hesitant to do a lot on it. My weight is right around a solid 185, but not too sure what my BF% is since I am holding a sh!tton of water still. I have everything in my possession for this cycle, so it will officially start on Monday.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My main concern is if the AA is destroyed in the cooking process. I can eat that many carbs mainly because I got the lucky end of the genetics stick and I also make sure to eat at least 5 servings of produce and aim for 7. This has been one of the major points, along with food pH, of emphasis for me this year and I honestly believe that it is the main reason why I have had such a good training year.
I hear ya on the AA. Although I believe there was one study showing AA in other foods (meats) and it being relatively stable even after cooking.

Any chance of posting a sample of your diet? Also how do you go about achieving food pH?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is a rough outline of my diet:

Meal #1
4 eggs (2 whole egg, 2 whites)
5 pieces turkey bacon
1.5C Organic Multi-Grain Cereal
1 oz Raisins
8 oz 1% milk

Meal #2
Turkey or Tuna Sandwich
Apple

Meal #3 (pre-training w/ pslin taken ~20-25 minutes prior)
20g BCAA
60g WMS
25g SuperCarb
2 Scoops Poseidon

Meal #4 (Post-lifting)
40g Whey
1.5 C Basmati Rice
Banana or Raisins

Meal #5
6 oz Chicken
1 C Basmati Rice
2 C Veggies (Green Beans or Broccoli)

(Before 2nd training session, I take some sort of stim, usually HEAT and chocamine)

Meal #6
4 eggs (2 whole, 2 whites)
20g whey
10 oz Red Potatoes
Fruit

Meal #7
30g Casein
1 oz Cheddar or Colby-Jack Cheese
1 XF
200mg Magnesium

Macros
~225g protein, ~450g carbs, ~45g fat
~3100 kcals

The food pH is something I stumbled across a year ago and it goes against many of the BBing staple foods.

John Berardi - Covering Nutritional Bases

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ahhh! I actually read that Berardi piece when it first came out and practiced some of its principles for a while. Need to re-read it though as I barely recall the concepts. Thanks for the linkage.

All those carbs look good. :)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahh, gotta love that feeling you get from the first day back from deadlifts. My entire posterior is retardedly sore because I went much heavier than I expected. I only planned on doing 2-3 sets of triples, but I just love the feeling of doing a ME single. Today will just be a cardio day, which will come from sparring/MMA this evening. I had a huge breakfast today (21g fat, 120g carbs, 45g protein) to start fueling for tomorrow's chest/back session. I lose strength in my chest the fastest, so it will be interesting to see what weight I can put up tomorrow.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you ever do DE deadlift days for speed? Never tried those...are they even practiced in Westside training?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/6-MMA

Today was just an easy sparring/grappling session at the dojo. I did 2, 5-minutes rounds of sparring and then 5 grappling matches. Felt good to be back on the mat, even though I can already feel a huge difference in my cardio. It's amazing how much of a nosedive it takes in sucha chort period of time.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/7-Chest/Back

Dips-BW+70x8, BW+80x6
BB Rows-245x12, 2x275x12
Flat Flys-40x12. 2x45x10
Pull-Ups-3xBWx6+2
HS Incline Press-2x90x8
HS Uni Neutral Grip Row-160x10, 170x8

DC Stretches

Great training session. My strength was much higher than I expected and I seemed to get stronger as the session progressed. I felt really good and I wanted to do more, but I ran out of time. I'm feeling really good physically and that week off was exactly what I needed to recharge mentally.

The fun begins on Monday...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 1

Arms/Delts

HS Shoulder Press-100x10, 105x7+1 (10 sec neg)
Smith CGBP-225x8, 235x6
Cambered Curls/Side Laterals-105x10, 110x8/2x35x12
Lying Extensions-95x10, 100x7+1
Pressdowns/Hammer Curls-2x160x12/2x50x10
Facepulls/High Cable Curls-2x120x15/40x10, 50x8
Cable Laterals-30x12

DC Stretches

Took my first dose of the MFX and XF with breakfast (2 caps of each). This was a great WO. Great intensity and pump; so good that I felt very nauseous about halfway through my session. Strength was solid, but I am still regaining my muscular endurance on many lifts. Didn't take my body composition today because my usual gym was not open.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Ain't it beautiful? FYI, one of the Napalms is normal and the other one has a little secret sauce in it (and it's not clen).

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmmm, I have a couple more guesses but I dont want to ruin your surprise. I've actually thought of a couple other ideas myself to add to napalm but never pulled the trigger and now the bottle is only a quarter full.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm, I have a couple more guesses but I dont want to ruin your surprise. I've actually thought of a couple other ideas myself to add to napalm but never pulled the trigger and now the bottle is only a quarter full.
It's little outside the box and I am really just taking advantage of the localized delivery; any fatloss on top of that is just gravy.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/12-Cardio

Today is usually my lower body day, but I am an idiot and left my gear at my usual gym, which does not re-open until tomorrow. I basically will just switch today with Wednesday and vice-versa.

2.5 miles~18 minutes

This was a horrible time by my standards, but I have not done any cardio since the week of my fight (about 3 weeks ago). It was also more humid than usual, so I am not too concerned. My cardio is the thing that I can regain the fastest because I am built for endurance sports much more than anaerobic sports. I did have a close call with the forskolin towards the end of my run, but I made it just in time...thank God.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/13-Lower, Core

Deadlifts-365x2, 385x1, 395x1, 405x1, 410x1
Unilateral LP-2x2 per sidex10
Box Jumps-3x40"x5
Glute-Ham Raises-3xBWx5
Hanging Leg Raises/Halos-3x15/3x25x16

This was a good WO and the first time that I have done some extensive leg work in a long, long time. It was hard to keep the pace up without fainting afters deads (I started seeing spots after my last single). I did a body comp assessment today and I was at 10.5% at a weight of 183, which is way too high for me. I hope to get to 185 by the end, but to reduce my BF% to 7-8. It's not the easiest thing in the world to have a solid recomp, but I have done it before and I will do it again.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/14-Chest, Back

BB Rows-275x12, 295x10
Flat BP-185x5, 190x3
HS Unilateral Underhand Pulldowns-135x8, 135x6+2
Incline Flys-3x45x12
HS Unilateral Neutral Rows-170x10, 195x8+2 (P.R.)
HS Incline Press-90x10, 95x8+2
Neutral Grip Pulldowns-2x150x10
Dips-BW+45x10, BW+45x7+2
Pullovers-2x50x12
Flat Flys-40x12, 40x12 (30 sec stretch)

DC Stretches

This was a amazing WO. I changed my dosing schedule on the MFX and took 2 ~45 minutes prior to training and I noticed a nice rush in aggression and focus. Strength was solid and almost to my level of last month, which was my highest all-around strength level ever. I would really like to get 315x8 on BB Rows and 225 on BP, but I am not going to risk injury along the way. For some reason, my right tricep was tender and it hurt on the eccentric motion on back work. As expected, my lower body and core were wicked sore during this session, but nothing crippling. I am still nursing a minor rib injury from my fight, so I am really trying to avoid exacerbating it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/16-Power, Core

Dynamic DL-4x245x3 (15 sec rest)
Clean and Press-3x145x5 (20 sec rest)
Dynamic BP-5x125x3 (15 sec rest)
Crunches/Leg Lift w/ Hip Thrust-3x50/3x15

3, 5-minute Rds Heavy Bag Drills

Solid WO with good focus and aggression. The MFX has started to kick in from a training stand point, but hard to tell from an aesthetic POV. The additional forskolin has started to lean me out especially in the mid-section. I haven't started using the Napalm on my abs, yet, but I have been using the secret sauce on chest. My weight is around 183, but I am feeling stronger and I can see the extra tone in my muscles. My strength levels are close to where I was, but I hope to add some weight to my BP, Deads, Clean and Press, and Dips. I am crazy sore from my training on Wednesday and Thursday, but I doubt it is from the AA, yet.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/18-Arms, Delts

Push-Press-2x185x6
Smith CG-235x10, 245x7
Cambered Curls/Side Laterals-105x10, 115x8, 95x12/2x35x12, 25x12
Overhead Cambered Extensions/Hammer Curls-2x85x10/2x50x10
Pressdowns/HS Preacher-2x180x12/2x90x10
Smith Wide Upright Rows-2x115x10
Cable Underhand Ex/Rear Flys-2x30x12/3x30x12
Concentration Curls-2x30x10

DC Stretches

Fantastic WO from start to finish. I had a pump after my first sets on each lift and it only got better as the session progressed. It was almost to the point where it was painful in my biceps and medial delts. I also had a nice rush of aggression from taking the MFX about 30 minutes before I started lifting. I didn't hit any P.R.'s from this WO, but it was still a hell of a session. Hopefully, the XF will kick-in a little faster since I am taking 6 gels/day instead of the normal 4.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/19-Lower, Core/Cardio
Deadlifts-365x1, 385x1, 405x1, 415x1
Front Squats-3x135x8
Glute-Ham Raises-3xBWx8
Unilateral LP-180x12, 200x10
Hanging Leg Raises/Halos-3x15/3x35x16

3 minutes jump rope
3, 5-minute rounds heavy bag

Avg HR~162

Solid training session although I started to run out of gas towards the end. This was the first time that I have attempted any sort of squat since about February due to a patella tendon issue and my knee was almost pain-free. I am going to be very careful not to aggravate it, though, especially since AA is a pro-inflammatory. I am also feeling the increase in aggression from the MFX about 30 minutes after I take a dose. I have pics that I took Monday that I will post later this week.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
nice so far man, that pic of the supps makes me drool!!!...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/21-Chest/Back, Cardio

BB Rows-275x12, 295x10, 305x8
Incline BP-190x3
Lat Pulldowns-2x180x10
Incline Flys-45x12, 2x50x12
HS Unilateral Neutral-Grip Row-180x10, 205x6 (P.R.)
HS Flat Press-2x95x10
Pullovers-2x60x12
Decline Flys-2x40x12 (last set into a 30 sec DC stretch)

DC Stretch for Lats/Traps

Cardio

4 minute jump rope
3x5-minutes rds shadow boxing/MMA drills
3 minute jump rope
Avg HR-154

Obviously, this was a long, exhausting training session. It has also been a long week for me professionally with my Grad Assistant training all day this week and I haven't gotten enough sleep due to some late nights with the GF. I have averaged about 5 meals day, but I have made each meal slightly larger and am still hitting my goal macros. My weight today was ~186 and I can feel and see the effects of the Divanil. The larger dose of XF is also making a big difference because my soreness from Monday's training is still lingering. I don't want to quite say that the DOMS has increased, but I am leaning towards that assertion. My pumps have really increased and my strength is really climbing up. I am going to increase my cardio slightly next week by adding in 2, 20 minute sessions on the elliptical to drop some of the adipose that I gained from my time off from training.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/25-Arms/Delts, Cardio

HS Shoulder Press-100x8, 100x6
Hammer Curls-2x50x10
Overhead Cambered Ex/Curls-85x10, 95x8/105x10, 110x8
Pressdowns/Side Laterals-2x180x10/2x30x15
HS Preacher Curl/Underhand Cable Ex-80x12, 90x12/2x50x10
Rear Flys-2x30x15
Rope Pressdowns/Facepulls-2x110x10/2x125x15

DC Stretches

20 mins bag drills, jump rope, shots
Avg HR~164

After a long weekend in which I drank way too much, I got back into it today. As expected, my strength was less than normal, but I still got a good WO. I had a quasi-fight with the GF on Saturday and proceeded to kill about 20 drinks that night (not an exaggeration, either). Didn't have a hangover, but my head was a mess in the mental sense. Everything is good now, but it put a minor wrench into my log. However, it is nothing that is unconquerable.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/26-Lower, Cardio
Deadlifts-365x2, 385x1, 405x1, 415x1, 420x1
Front Squats-135x10, 2x145x8
Lying Leg Curls-2x180x10

20 minutes elliptical
15 minutes power walking

Today's training did not go as planned. I ate at about 2 PM and anticipated training at 3:30, but didn't get started until 5:30. Started to go hypo during the leg curls, so I decided to cut the lifting short. My weight is ~187, but I am not sure how much of it is LBM. Everything will settle down soon, though, because the semester starts tomorrow and I have a good grasp on my teaching, classes, and training. The next few weeks will be fun as the supplements will start to kick into high gear.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/28-Chest/Back
Dips-BW+90x8, BW+100x6
Neutral Grip Pullups-2xBWx8
Flat Flys-3x50x12
HS Underhand Pulldowns-135x10, 135x8+2
HS Incline Press-90x10, 90x8+2
Pullovers-2x65x10
Incline Flys-45x12, 45x12...30 sec stretch at bottom

DC Stretches

Solid pump from this WO, but my nutrition has suffered lately due to poor planning by me. I have been eating a lot of food on the run packed with salt and other undesirables. I am getting in enough protein, but I am eating more processed carbs than I care for and my allergies have flared up because of it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9/1-Arms/Delts, Cardio
Push-Press-185x6, 2x190x5
Smith CG-2x245x8
Hammer Curls/Uni Side Laterals-2x50x10/2x35x12
Pressdowns/Cambered Curls-150x12, 175x12/2x105x12
Preacher Curls-2x75x10
Rear Flys-30x15, 2x35x12
Overhead Ex-2x30x10
Rope Pressdowns/Cable Curls-120x12, drop, 80x12, drop, 50x12/120x10, drop, 80x12
Side Laterals-2x25x20

DC Stretches

OUCH!!! This is the best way to describe this session. The pump in my entire arm was amazing and I started to get brachioradialis cramps from having my arms a 90 degree angles while on the elliptical. My weight was ~188 today and I had some gluttony of epic proportions this weekend. I really gotta get back on the lean bulk ball and start slashing this BF.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9/2-Legs, Cardio

Front Squats-155x8, 185x6
SLDL-225x10, 245x8
Unilateral LP-3x180x12
Walking DB Lunges-2x55x12

DC Stretches

This was a good training session and my legs are stronger than I though they would be after about a 9 month lay off from training them. My hamstrings are a little weaker than I would like them to be, so I am going to put more work into them than my quads. Also, I get hamstring strains and, subsequently, my hip flexors also get tight. It is not a flexibility issue, it is just a muscle imbalance.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9/4-Chest/Back, Cardio
Flat BP-185x6, 205x3 (PR)
Neutral Grip Pullups-BWx8, 2xBW+25x6
Incline Flys-3x50x12
Underhand Unilateral Pulldowns-135x10, 145x6+2
HS Incline Press-90x10, 100x6+2
HS Neutral Grip Row-180x10, 205x6+2
Dips-2xBW+45x10
Lat Pulldowns-2x150x12
Pec Deck-2x150x12
Pullovers-2x65x12

DC Stretches

This was a phenomenal training session. My strength and power were the highest it has been since early July and I set a new PR on BP. Hell of a pump in both chest and back, which made me feel huge. My weight was 190, but this has been a dirty bulk for me, but I am going to clean it up for the last half of this log. I have done cardio 3x/wk so far and plan on at least 1 more session. I can still comfortably do my cardio at ~80% of my MHR without too much exertion, so I should get my wind back easily. I have been helping the GF get prepped for a 5k, so I have been running more lately than I have since my fight in July.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9/6-Power, Core/Cardio
Dynamic BP-5x135x3 (15 sec rest)
Push-Press/Pull-Ups-3x135x3/3xBWx3 (15 sec rest)
Hanging Leg Raises/Halos-2xBW+15x12, BWx12-drop-BWx12/3x35x16
Weighted Crunches/Hypers-3x135x30/3xBW+25x12

Cardio

3x5 minute rds of:
burpess
jumping jacks
sprawls
sprawl into knees
double leg shots
punch/kick combos

MHR-191
Avg HR-164

This was the first training session I have had like this since 2 weeks before my fight. Felt good throughout the entire session and I did not get winded until my HR hit above 180 or so. I have always been cardiovascularly inclined, so this rapid improvement is not a big shock to me. 60mg of geranium and 300mg of chocamine didn't hurt either. My weight after the session was ~187 and I hope to stay at about this weight, but continue to recomp along the way. I've added an additional 20mg of Forskolin per day to kick up my cAMP production and get the AA/Forskolin synergy.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9/8-Arms/Delts, Cardio

SM CG-BP-245x10, 275x4
HS Shoulder Press-100x6, 100x5
Cambered Curls/Overhead Cambered Ex-115x10, 120x8/95x10, 100x8
Hammer Curls/Side Laterals-50x12, 2x55x10/3x35x12
Pressdowns/HS Preacher Curl-3x180x12/2x90x10, 90x8+1
Rear Flys-30x15, 2x35x15

DC Stretches

Excellent pump from my early sets until I was done. Strength was very high and my energy/endurance was also great. No nagging inflammation from the XF, which was a huge concern for me, but I am getting the lingering DOMS. That being said, I feel great and my weight is ~187 and 10% still. I hope to get my weight to 185, but drop my BF down to 8%, which would losing ~3.5 lbs of fat and gaining 1.5 lbs of muscle over the next 3.5 weeks. I have been tightening up my diet over the past 10 days and I have really kicked up my level of cardio as well.