Ziquor's Gut Health / NoXidant help my tummy stack (thanks RPN)

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

Ziquor's Gut Health / NoXidant help my tummy stack (thanks RPN)

Thanks to RPN for looking for a few good men (I don't know how the hell I fit into that). I'll be starting NoXidant and Gut Health both tomorrow as I'd like to start fresh in the morning.

For those who don't know, I'm 32 currently ~ 215lbs. In 2000 I was hospitalized from severe abdominal pains and sickness. I was diagnosed with Crohn's and also had an ulcer. I remained in the hospital for about 10 days being monitored, test after test (no worries - I won't go into detail). I used to have a stomach of steel but apparently a case of beer every day for a few years straight took one hell of a toll, so take this as a lesson kids.

Obviously I changed my diet and started taking 'work outs' much more serious which has changed my life for the better. Though with the Crohn's the doctor said it's normal for it to return (flare) at random times in various cases of severity. I must say I've been very lucky in this respect. However I do still get the bothersome pains in my right side on occasion still to this day. Not to mention ever since 2000, certain foods/things I digest really make me pay. Even when I up my protein intake I can get quite a bit of cramping & discomfort - and I just upped it last week.

Thank goodness I didn't have any life threatening nor long-term issues, but just the exception of lower GI cramps and pains can be pretty annoying and distracting at times. I've looked into probiotics like in Gut Health with much interest but haven't tried them yet so this should be a great test for the supps and myself.

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

I'm in for the log! I hope that they work well for you and help you out. Stomach pain is terrible!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    I'm in for the log! I hope that they work well for you and help you out. Stomach pain is terrible!
    I know all too well Good to have you here C!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  240 lbs.

Subbed!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

awesome. I'm in. I'm kinda in the same situation as you. I have IBS or a sensative GI tract, because I find that a lot of foods cause me to have GI distress and also some supplements as well. I only drink distilled water, b/c sometimes tap water has too much chlorine in it for me. This issue also is a challenge trying to get enough protein in in one day.

I have not use NOxidant, but I have used several bottles of Gut Health before. I usually take 2 caps in the morning.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by UNCfan1 View Post
    Subbed!

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    awesome. I'm in. I'm kinda in the same situation as you. I have IBS or a sensative GI tract, because I find that a lot of foods cause me to have GI distress and also some supplements as well. I only drink distilled water, b/c sometimes tap water has too much chlorine in it for me. This issue also is a challenge trying to get enough protein in in one day.

I have not use NOxidant, but I have used several bottles of Gut Health before. I usually take 2 caps in the morning.
    I was actually going to ask when the best time to dose Gut Health. Morning seems like the best option.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

I'm sure whenever works. I usually just take 2 caps in the morning along with everything else+breakfast.
  8. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Ziquor View Post
    I was actually going to ask when the best time to dose Gut Health. Morning seems like the best option.
    Personally, I like taking Gut Health right before bed. You will have a clean transit down to the gut, and all night for the organisms to populate with "interference" from food. Not to mention that during the loading period, it might be more polite to keep it to yourself.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Personally, I like taking Gut Health right before bed. You will have a clean transit down to the gut, and all night for the organisms to populate with "interference" from food. Not to mention that during the loading period, it might be more polite to keep it to yourself.
    Then it begins tonight!

I gotta admit I was really looking forward to the Gut Health but I wasn't even aware of how 'loaded' NoXidant was. Gamma-Tocopherol, Selenium, Alpha Lipoic, Green Tea, Quercetin, Polyphenols, Zinc-Copper-Manganese, & Vitamin C! Just awesome, this'll be a well needed stack for me.
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

We will have you fixed up in no time.
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

subb!!
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

Almost forgot important details with my diet estimates. I don't get too obsessive about counting calories but I typically consume anywhere from 3,100-3,400 calories per day while I'm maintaining weight. I eat either 6 or 7 meals per day (including shakes) so I eat about every 2.5 - 3 hours.

I consume 35-40g of protein per meal with the exception of post workouts where I'll take in up to 50g. I eat about 100g of carbs for breakfast mostly from oats and then I taper my carbs down throughout the day. By bedtime I only consume 10g of carbs or less. Macros are roughly 40/40/20 fat.

13. Banned

Cool - Both are great supplements that provide unparralled benefits that actually are worth the monetary that it's listed for, if not more.
    Along for the ride!
  14. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

A log really isn't a log until Trip shows up..(im sure dsade will manipulate that statement somehow..lol)

I'm a huge antioxidant fan, so I love to see emphasis put on it's importance.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  15. Registered User

Honoured to follow your log, G! I hope you achieve your goals with that stack. Alles Gute!
  16. Registered User

Good luck man sub'd
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    A log really isn't a log until Trip shows up..(im sure dsade will manipulate that statement somehow..lol)

I'm a huge antioxidant fan, so I love to see emphasis put on it's importance.
    Well it looks like it's officially a log now How's T1's move going? I hate moving almost as much as puting my hand in a meat grinder.

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Honoured to follow your log, G! I hope you achieve your goals with that stack. Alles Gute!
    It's always nice to see my favorite German bro!
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Good luck man sub'd
    Thanks Bolt!

Ok so I dosed 2 caps of Gut Health last night before bed and as soon as I woke I took 3 NoXidant's as directed. I've had a pretty busy day up until this point. I pretty much had to stuff my face with something from Arby's today (I know) but it was either that or nothing because I left my house running late this morning and forgot all of my 'travel' protein & packed food. I hate fast food but I got a plain roast beef sandwich, so it didn't seem all that evil. Still I can't imagine all the preservatives & other garbage.

Anyhow, for Dsade or C - how long does it the probiotics to typically kick in? I know it's only been a day but I've felt sorta 'good' today. Not euphoric or anything but just very content. I think much of was due to my body as I felt no discomfort in my lower GI today. I typically have cramps & pains daily which aren't threatening, just troublesome and mentally taxing. But today I've had NO discomfort whatsoever. It could be placebo since it's the 1st day, but my pains sure aren't placebo so I can't really explain how there were none as of yet today.
  19. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

Generally it takes around 5 days for them to kick in. But since you are in the loading phase and have some GI issues it may be helping some.
  20. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

It will start officially kicking in right away, but can take time as the new bionic bacteria begin to displace and expel the bad bacteria. It is a gradual process that should be complete by day 5, when the truly miraculous effects will be more than apparent.
  21. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I just got mine today, woo hoo, so the log will be up and running in a few minutes
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Generally it takes around 5 days for them to kick in. But since you are in the loading phase and have some GI issues it may be helping some.
    It will start officially kicking in right away, but can take time as the new bionic bacteria begin to displace and expel the bad bacteria. It is a gradual process that should be complete by day 5, when the truly miraculous effects will be more than apparent.

Thanks guys! I'm feeling good thus far so I'm very anxious to see what the future holds.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

Morning of day 3 of Gut Health / Noxidant:

Dosed 2 Gut Health last evening before bed and a dose of Noxidant post workout.

Nothing unusual to report with the exception of feeling very decent. Last evening I did a shoulder workout which started with standing presses. I just started this variation and I'm not really used to it yet but I get a great delt pump from it. I felt pretty good on the gym, and mostly all day for that matter. I ended up getting a slight lower right GI pain later in the evening - about an hour after my postworkout meal. This was my heaviest protein meal of the day at 56 grams. Despite the fact though it wasn't severe nor lasting.

My weight's still sittin pretty at 215 but I am eating for maintenance anyhow. I must say despite only being morning of day 3 'something' definitely feels different. Not sure if it's just in my head but I felt quite calm all day yesterday, very content. Not to mention having only 1 GI pain is great for me. Tomorrow being Sunday should get real interesting since I usually eat crazy **** on Sundays. I love spicy foods and I'm not really supposed to have an abundance of them, but I was never really one who was much for rules.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

Day 4 - Late Evening:

I switched my NoXidant dosing to bedtime along with the Gut Health. So I'm still at 2 Gut Health(s) before bed. Today I went a bit crazy with diet. Besides my standard protein shakes, I had a nice big breakfast this morning. I'm talking eggs w/ cheese, bacon, and other stuff I normally don't like to eat often.

Later in the day I had over a dozen hot wings Normally eating this **** would KILL me but I've felt very good all day. I've had absolutely no stomach pains, no cramps in my side - NOTHING. On an ordinary day this would be outstanding but considering my diet today it's QUITE AMAZING. I normally have OTC antacids that I need to take at least 3-4 days per week but I've not taking any, nor needed any since starting this stack.

As for sides only thing I can mention is today I've felt extremely tired most of the day. I slept a good 8-9 hours last night which is my usual so I'm not sure why I been so fatigued today. I suppose it could possibly be from the probiotics fighting the good fight inside of my body? Either way I've felt great as far as my GI tract goes. I'm extremely impressed with these 2 supplements thus far.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  240 lbs.

Awesome!!
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

He's a pic of me recently tearing it up in the gym.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  27. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UNCfan1 View Post
    Awesome!!
    Yep!
  28. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

good to see this moving along Z, these are 2 real solid products as we are finding out
  29. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

nice review man
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

Evening of Day 5:

I dosed both GH & NoXidant before bed as I will continue to now. Today has been great. All that gaseous fun and 'cleansing' seems to have peaked and I feel amazing. Not to be too graphic but I seriously feel as if I lost 5 pounds (I am actually down 2 pounds to 213 with NO diet changes!). I also usually have some level of bloat, even if minimal - but when I got up this morning I've had ZERO all day. I feel so light on my feet it's amazing to me the effect this combo has had this quickly. I'm also very happy to report that I've had no cramping or pains either.

I'm hugely sold on probiotics and from I understand all are not created equal. RPN sure picked a winner with the KE-99 strain. The sleepiness I had yesterday subsided so it may have been anything. Today I've felt very good all day, my mood even feels improved. I just finished my Chest & Tri's workout and it was one of the best in weeks. I seem to have much more energy mentally as well with enhanced clarity. I'm really looking forward to Abs on Wednesday as my waist feels so much tighter
  31. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

Right about now, I am curious to hear back from the first person to to a leg day...complete with squats or deep leg presses.

I know before Gut Health I could never focus on my workout because I would always end up blasting away and embarrassing myself.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

Right about now, I am curious to hear back from the first person to to a leg day...complete with squats or deep leg presses.

I know before Gut Health I could never focus on my workout because I would always end up blasting away and embarrassing myself.
    One things that's really crazy to me, is even with my chest today I was able to know out a few extra reps than usual - specifically on the flat barbell press. And it actually seemed because my stomach 'felt' tighter and more under control. It's pretty amazing to me how much a difference this has made in so many aspects. Sadly tonight's my last night at 2 caps of GH
  33. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

2lbs thats awesome man!
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Day 4 - Late Evening:

I switched my NoXidant dosing to bedtime along with the Gut Health. So I'm still at 2 Gut Health(s) before bed. Today I went a bit crazy with diet. Besides my standard protein shakes, I had a nice big breakfast this morning. I'm talking eggs w/ cheese, bacon, and other stuff I normally don't like to eat often.

Later in the day I had over a dozen hot wings Normally eating this **** would KILL me but I've felt very good all day. I've had absolutely no stomach pains, no cramps in my side - NOTHING. On an ordinary day this would be outstanding but considering my diet today it's QUITE AMAZING. I normally have OTC antacids that I need to take at least 3-4 days per week but I've not taking any, nor needed any since starting this stack.

As for sides only thing I can mention is today I've felt extremely tired most of the day. I slept a good 8-9 hours last night which is my usual so I'm not sure why I been so fatigued today. I suppose it could possibly be from the probiotics fighting the good fight inside of my body? Either way I've felt great as far as my GI tract goes. I'm extremely impressed with these 2 supplements thus far.
    I'm finally here!!

GREAT log so far Z. I would definitely recommend taking the 3 cap dose of NOxidant before bed on training days, and first thing in the morning on "Off" days. As far as the Gut Health goes, during the loading phase i take it before bed as well. However, during the maintenence phase i take it first thing in the morning with no issues.

The fatigue aspect very well could be from an immune system stimulus resulting from the sudden alteration of your G.I Tract flora. Once the Gut Health competitively excludes a good majority of the undesireable bacterial flora, you should start to notice improved energy and overall feeling of wellness.

Keeping your immune system in a pristine state is absolutely VITAL to achieveing effective training gains.

:bb3:

Legendary

35. Registered User

A classic dsade comment!
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I'm finally here!!

GREAT log so far Z. I would definitely recommend taking the 3 cap dose of NOxidant before bed on training days, and first thing in the morning on "Off" days. As far as the Gut Health goes, during the loading phase i take it before bed as well. However, during the maintenence phase i take it first thing in the morning with no issues.

The fatigue aspect very well could be from an immune system stimulus resulting from the sudden alteration of your G.I Tract flora. Once the Gut Health competitively excludes a good majority of the undesireable bacterial flora, you should start to notice improved energy and overall feeling of wellness.

Keeping your immune system in a pristine state is absolutely VITAL to achieveing effective training gains.

:bb3:
    It's about time you got back! I hope all went well T1.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

Day 6 (Yesterday):

Not much time to update yesterday as I was doing 1,001 things. In fact I didn't even WO so I'm doubling today. I took my last 'loading' dose of 2 GH's before bed so it's all 1 a day from here on out. My mood and positive energy has been GREAT. Besides being fatigued on Sunday, which I believe was my body's toxins being destroyed in a huge fight to the death, I've had outstanding energy physically and mentally since.

My mood has been extremely content. Now that the huge 'gas storm' from the loading phase has subsided my body feels quite different than it has in years, literally. It's very difficult to explain for those who haven't used GH, but I feel much more 'in tune' with my body. I'm sure the ALA and NoXidant has dramatically helped with this as well. I'll add another update in a few hours after my main WO which I'm highly looking forward to
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Day 6 (Yesterday):

Not much time to update yesterday as I was doing 1,001 things. In fact I didn't even WO so I'm doubling today. I took my last 'loading' dose of 2 GH's before bed so it's all 1 a day from here on out. My mood and positive energy has been GREAT. Besides being fatigued on Sunday, which I believe was my body's toxins being destroyed in a huge fight to the death, I've had outstanding energy physically and mentally since.

My mood has been extremely content. Now that the huge 'gas storm' from the loading phase has subsided my body feels quite different than it has in years, literally. It's very difficult to explain for those who haven't used GH, but I feel much more 'in tune' with my body. I'm sure the ALA and NoXidant has dramatically helped with this as well. I'll add another update in a few hours after my main WO which I'm highly looking forward to

Excellent job on the feedback thusfar z! I'm thrilled to hear that this stack is already providing some noticeable benefits to your health and training.

Keep up the good work my friend!

Legendary

39. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I gotta agree Z, it is weird, you just feel different, not many words to describe it however. I feel light on my feet
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.

Awesome bro! This only only making me want to try some GH soon even more!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 577
    Last Post: 05-23-2010, 07:53 PM
  2. UNC's "I love my body" RPN Gut Health/NoXidant Stack
    By UNCfan1 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 07:52 AM
  3. Replies: 72
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 11:01 PM