Stack CLA and L-arginine: more muscle, less fat

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
megadose and get prohormone like results? lol i wish but nice read. wonder if anyone has tried this combo and seen any results?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well i try this but with AAKG for FAT LOSS and recomp

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
ive never really heard of arginine for fatloss,tho. just more for pumps and vasodilation

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ive never really heard of arginine for fatloss,tho. just more for pumps and vasodilation
this is true but i will use this formula:

(endurance and strength) more power in the gym and cardio look i use this supplements

Creatine 4 gr
AAKG 5 gr
L-Taurine 1 gr
Beta Alanine 5 gr

with this i no need more

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

(endurance and strength) more power in the gym and cardio look i use this supplements

Creatine 4 gr
AAKG 5 gr
L-Taurine 1 gr
Beta Alanine 5 gr

with this i no need more
Looks like a simple yet very effective blend you got there :)
I gotta try that!!

//CC

AnabolicFrenz

Awards
Ive tried CLA+AAKG+PLCAR+Raspberry Ketones taken three times a day and I had pretty good results with that for recomping. I wouldnt say they were PH like though but def noticed a difference from when I wasnt using it and from when I stopped taking it.

Last edited:
Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established

Creatine 4 gr
AAKG 5 gr
L-Taurine 1 gr
Beta Alanine 5 gr

with this i no need more
I use the exact same combo. I do use 3 gms of the Taurine and 5 gms of the Creatine. I try to take it about 1 hour before lifting. I get slow but continual gains from it.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
I also add 5 gr Beta alanine and 5gr AAKG, makes any pwo twice as good

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i take 4 blue print-agmatine/ala, wait 30 minutes and take a scoop of slingshot-ba/cit mal/waxy maize with 4gms of creatine mono added along with a gm of alcar. works for me.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
Mines was
Cla
Green Tea ECGC
AAKG
Creatine
Taurine
Glutamine

worked perfect

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I toss a scoop of aakg into my xtend drink for recovery. Are L-arginine and aakg related or same thing?

BigBCanada

Awards
The CLA is for Fat Loss. The Arginine is for muscle Building, pretty much. :13:

dragunbayne

Awards
Actually I believe the arginine is to enhance blood flow, therefore increasing lipolysis and better delivering nutrients to the muscle. Since arginine doesn't actually build muscle itself. Just my two cents.

Antigravity

Antigravity

Awards
tnubbs:
here are some studies that show Arginine's role in fat loss/ prevention of fat accumulation.

Dietary l-arginine supplementation increases muscle gain and reduces body fat mass in growing-finishing pigs

Bie Tan1, 2, Yulong Yin1 Contact Information, Zhiqiang Liu1, 2, Xinguo Li3, Haijun Xu1, 2, Xiangfeng Kong1, Ruilin Huang1, Wenjie Tang1, 2, Izuru Shinzato4, Stephen B. Smith5 and Guoyao Wu1, 5
(1) Laboratory of Animal Nutrition and Human Health and Key Laboratory of Agro-ecology, Institute of Subtropical Agriculture, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, 410125 Changsha, Hunan, China
(2) The Graduate School of The Chinese Academy of Sciences, 100039 Beijing, China
(3) Hunan Institute of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Medicine, 410131 Changsha, Hunan, China
(4) Ajinomoto Co., Inc., Tokyo 104-8315, Japan
(5) Department of Animal Science, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA

Abstract Obesity in humans is a major public health crisis worldwide. In addition, livestock species exhibit excessive subcutaneous fat at market weight. However, there are currently few means of reducing adiposity in mammals. This study was conducted with a swine model to test the hypothesis that dietary l-arginine supplementation may increase muscle gain and decrease fat deposition. Twenty-four 110-day-old barrows were assigned randomly into two treatments, representing supplementation with 1.0% l-arginine or 2.05% l-alanine (isonitrogenous control) to a corn- and soybean meal-based diet. Growth performance was measured based on weight gain and food intake. After a 60-day period of supplementation, carcass and muscle composition were measured. Serum triglyceride concentration was 20% lower (P < 0.01) but glucagon level was 36% greater (P < 0.05) in arginine-supplemented than in control pigs. Compared with the control, arginine supplementation increased (P < 0.05) body weight gain by 6.5% and carcass skeletal-muscle content by 5.5%, while decreasing (P < 0.01) carcass fat content by 11%. The arginine treatment enhanced (P < 0.05) longissimus dorsi muscle protein, glycogen, and fat contents by 4.8, 42, and 70%, respectively, as well as muscle pH at 45 min post-mortem by 0.32, while reducing muscle lactate content by 37%. These results support our hypothesis that dietary arginine supplementation beneficially promotes muscle gain and reduces body fat accretion in growing-finishing pigs. The findings have a positive impact on development of novel therapeutics to treat human obesity and enhance swine lean-tissue growth.

Regulatory role for the arginine-nitric oxide pathway in metabolism of energy substrates.

J Nutr Biochem. 2006 Jan 9

Jobgen WS, Fried SK, Fu WJ, Meininger CJ, Wu G.

Faculty of Nutrition, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA.

Nitric oxide (NO) is synthesized from l-arginine by NO synthase in virtually all cell types. Emerging evidence shows that NO regulates the metabolism of glucose, fatty acids and amino acids in mammals. As an oxidant, pathological levels of NO inhibit nearly all enzyme-catalyzed reactions through protein oxidation. However, as a signaling molecule, physiological levels of NO stimulate glucose uptake as well as glucose and fatty acid oxidation in skeletal muscle, heart, liver and adipose tissue; inhibit the synthesis of glucose, glycogen, and fat in target tissues (e.g., liver and adipose); and enhance lipolysis in adipocytes. Thus, an inhibition of NO synthesis causes hyperlipidemia and fat accretion in rats, whereas dietary arginine supplementation reduces fat mass in diabetic fatty rats. The putative underlying mechanisms may involve multiple cyclic guanosine-3',5'-monophosphate-dependent pathways. First, NO stimulates the phosphorylation of adenosine-3',5'-monophosphate-activated protein kinase, resulting in (1) a decreased level of malonyl-CoA via inhibition of acetyl-CoA carboxylase and activation of malonyl-CoA decarboxylase and (2) a decreased expression of genes related to lipogenesis and gluconeogenesis (glycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase, sterol regulatory element binding protein-1c and phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase). Second, NO increases the phosphorylation of hormone-sensitive lipase and perilipins, leading to the translocation of the lipase to the neutral lipid droplets and, hence, the stimulation of lipolysis. Third, NO activates expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator-1alpha, thereby enhancing mitochondrial biogenesis and oxidative phosphorylation. Fourth, NO increases blood flow to insulin-sensitive tissues, promoting substrate uptake and product removal via the circulation. Modulation of the arginine-NO pathway through dietary supplementation with l-arginine or l-citrulline may aid in the prevention and treatment of the metabolic syndrome in obese humans and companion animals, and in reducing unfavorable fat mass in animals of agricultural importance.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I've got my Anadraulic Pump. I guess all I've got to do is toss in some CLA. Maybe that's why I wasn't seeing any results last time I used it; AP wasn't in there!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I've got my Anadraulic Pump. I guess all I've got to do is toss in some CLA. Maybe that's why I wasn't seeing any results last time I used it; AP wasn't in there!
wait so this is saying if I take a couple grams of CLA with my AP drink it can help with fat loss even more cuz of the arginine.. awesome!

The article doesnt say how much CLA should be taken.. any suggestions?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
wait so this is saying if I take a couple grams of CLA with my AP drink it can help with fat loss even more cuz of the arginine.. awesome!

The article doesnt say how much CLA should be taken.. any suggestions?
The recommended dose is usually between 3-6g/day.

phenom13

phenom13

Awards
AP and CLA....trying this combo soon. For me AP worked well with ReCreate.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
AP and CLA....trying this combo soon. For me AP worked well with ReCreate.
Are you referring to USP Anabolic Pump or LG Sciences Anadraulic Pump? - LG's Anadraulic Pump is an arginine product, USP Anabolic Pump is a nutrient partitioner, and contains no arginine.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My ap reference was for anadraulic pump.. Guess I should have clarified more

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My ap reference was for anadraulic pump.. Guess I should have clarified more
Ya, I was asking Phenom. I think he may have them confused, or so it seems with his mention of ReCreate, although I'm sure Anadraulic Pump and ReCreate would make a nice stack.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I just got me a bottle of cla.. Question on workout days when I take my anadraulic pump should I take the cla with it pre workout? Or just take it in the morning as normal?

Not sure if the arginine and cla need to be taken at the same time to get the benefits

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I just got me a bottle of cla.. Question on workout days when I take my anadraulic pump should I take the cla with it pre workout? Or just take it in the morning as normal?

Not sure if the arginine and cla need to be taken at the same time to get the benefits
I don't think it's necessary to take them at the same time, but I'll be testing this protocol. Probably do 3g CLA with AP pre-workout, and another 2g CLA at night. Something like that.