New tone of the show.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New tone of the show.


    Does anyone else feel like the tone of the show is changing negatively? It's like the neighbor that does you a favor, but then comes back expecting you to do them an even bigger one. Rob Regish is getting an awful lot of exposure, and if anyone hasn't boughten the blueprint yet, they probably aren't going to. And now the cross promotion with Rob praising other products. Ugh.

    There was discussion some months ago about charging a subscription to listen to the show, and cut out the advertising. Now we have hard-sell advertising, and pay programming?

    I've been listening to the show since almost the beginning, and I thank Carl for all of his hard work over the years. I don't think the show will continue to be successful on it's current path.

    BTW, what other podcasts do you guys listen to?


  2. I just started listening myself and really like the show, but if a pay wall is put in place I would most likely stop. I looked around for some other podcasts but nothing that really sparked my interest. Would be interested to here of any other shows of this nature myself.
    •   
       


  3. I get emails from listener saying they wish there were no commercial s and that they would pay for a commercial free version.. this is why I have discussed this option.. the show will continue to have advertisers and remain free to the public.. as far as your suggesting the show has become negative and then stating that Rob Regish gets too much airtime... how is this a negative tone? So he promotes products he likes. He gets no remuneration for those statements. Its what he believes. So how is this "negative" tone?

  4. Quote Originally Posted by jsfu View Post
    Does anyone else feel like the tone of the show is changing negatively? It's like the neighbor that does you a favor, but then comes back expecting you to do them an even bigger one. Rob Regish is getting an awful lot of exposure, and if anyone hasn't boughten the blueprint yet, they probably aren't going to. And now the cross promotion with Rob praising other products. Ugh.

    There was discussion some months ago about charging a subscription to listen to the show, and cut out the advertising. Now we have hard-sell advertising, and pay programming?

    I've been listening to the show since almost the beginning, and I thank Carl for all of his hard work over the years. I don't think the show will continue to be successful on it's current path.

    BTW, what other podcasts do you guys listen to?
    I can appreciate your perspective, but am struggling to understand a few things...

    I'm not sure what negative tone you're referring to? Every show I've heard has been exceedingly positive, especially insofar as helping to answer people's questions/drop useful tips. You will hear some ranting vs. the FDA, but given their attempts to dictate our food supply, etc. I feel it's well warranted. In terms of my airtime - I have a standing slot of 1hr out of 10hrs of programming every week. I share the roundtable series on Strength and Hypertrophy with Wade Johnson, and we do those shows at most twice/month.

    I do use and recommend other companies products. You may have noticed many of these aren't even SHR sponsors, I hope? In fact, in many cases I refer to supps by their generic names (i.e. "GABA"/EAA's etc.). Will I recommend Craze? Yes, I will b/c I've used and liked it. In the same breath, I'll usually recommend Ephedrine from vendors not associated with the show, or how to go about getting it from your local drugstore.

    If there's something you think I/we could be doing better, I'm all for it. The vast majority of the feedback we get is positive, and I hope you can understand some of my points here.

    Many thanks..
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  5. Quote Originally Posted by triceptor View Post
    I get emails from listener saying they wish there were no commercial s and that they would pay for a commercial free version.. this is why I have discussed this option.. the show will continue to have advertisers and remain free to the public.. as far as your suggesting the show has become negative and then stating that Rob Regish gets too much airtime... how is this a negative tone? So he promotes products he likes. He gets no remuneration for those statements. Its what he believes. So how is this "negative" tone?
    One thing that really turns me off is the "spend a buck" lectures. Like when Brooks wasn't getting buys for his online seminar and you brought him on for a short segment and lectured about how people need to be investing their health, training library. Or in the BP Power Hours, you guys talk like listening to Rob without buying the Blueprint makes you cheap. I bought the BP, maybe a year ago, by the way, to support Rob and the show. Here and there, fine, but it's almost like a mantra now.

    The negativity is also a general observation. Carl, you can no doubt start asking yourself how you are feeling when you do the show in the future, and decide. Am I being positive? Am I being negative?

    @Rob, yes I realize that you promote many products, not just the sponsors.

    Look guys, I'm not here to start a pissing match with you. I was more interested in hearing from other listeners to see if they agreed with my observation. I've enjoyed listening to the show, and appreciate both of your hard work. It's your ball, and you can play the game however you want.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by jsfu View Post
    One thing that really turns me off is the "spend a buck" lectures. Like when Brooks wasn't getting buys for his online seminar and you brought him on for a short segment and lectured about how people need to be investing their health, training library. Or in the BP Power Hours, you guys talk like listening to Rob without buying the Blueprint makes you cheap. I bought the BP, maybe a year ago, by the way, to support Rob and the show. Here and there, fine, but it's almost like a mantra now.

    The negativity is also a general observation. Carl, you can no doubt start asking yourself how you are feeling when you do the show in the future, and decide. Am I being positive? Am I being negative?

    @Rob, yes I realize that you promote many products, not just the sponsors.

    Look guys, I'm not here to start a pissing match with you. I was more interested in hearing from other listeners to see if they agreed with my observation. I've enjoyed listening to the show, and appreciate both of your hard work. It's your ball, and you can play the game however you want.
    I appreciate your comments/feedback man, and will take them to heart.

    On this week's BP Power Hour for example, I'll be detailing a "Recession Intra Workout" recovery drink - for which 3 out of the 4 ingredients will be bought at your local supermarket. The other ingredient will be referred to in generic terms.

    Many thanks, I appreciate your input...
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  7. A few observations...
    First I actually like the advertising on the show. I had never heard of ageforce before, and would have been spending a ton of money buying compounded pregnenolone and dhea separately. Not only is it cheaper in price, but my recent blood work proves its the real deal. Every contact I've had with anyone associated with Carl and shr has been genuine and sincere as well as extremely helpful. Folks, in this industry finding integrity is rare. We've all been screwed millions of times, I think when you find the good people and products give them the platform they have earned and lets all benefit. As far as Rob, I have not bought the blueprint (yet) but the man had answered several of my questions and does not ever hold any of his knowledge back based on how much cash he's received from you. Try finding that from weider, twin lab, muscle tech or anyone else. And his is real advice not just pc textbook answers.

    As to the negativity, I'm not sure if you're referring to the FDA or monsatan rants, but if so I can say I've learned a lot from those rants! I honestly think every think Carl presents on the show is for the good of his audience. Not bashing for the sake of bashing.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by vinnietrt View Post
    A few observations...
    First I actually like the advertising on the show. I had never heard of ageforce before, and would have been spending a ton of money buying compounded pregnenolone and dhea separately. Not only is it cheaper in price, but my recent blood work proves its the real deal. Every contact I've had with anyone associated with Carl and shr has been genuine and sincere as well as extremely helpful. Folks, in this industry finding integrity is rare. We've all been screwed millions of times, I think when you find the good people and products give them the platform they have earned and lets all benefit. As far as Rob, I have not bought the blueprint (yet) but the man had answered several of my questions and does not ever hold any of his knowledge back based on how much cash he's received from you. Try finding that from weider, twin lab, muscle tech or anyone else. And his is real advice not just pc textbook answers.

    As to the negativity, I'm not sure if you're referring to the FDA or monsatan rants, but if so I can say I've learned a lot from those rants! I honestly think every think Carl presents on the show is for the good of his audience. Not bashing for the sake of bashing.
    I appreciate your comments man, really do.

    This is YOUR show, so far as I'm concerned. I took everything jsfu wrote to heart and thought long and hard about it these past few days. If you listen to today's show, I did my absolute best to keep his concerns in mind. I hope you found it a step in the right direction, because I want every episode better than the last.

    If anyone else thinks we can be doing something better, I'm all ears. I spent 30 years being lied to, upsold and scammed. And I'll be damned if I turn around a do that to anyone else. I ain't perfect, but that's what I strive for every show. I want everyone who listens to walk away with at least one piece of information they can put into practice today, to better their training. That's never going to change...
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  9. I'd stop listening if there's a premium. Tons of other things to listen to..

  10. Quote Originally Posted by triceptor View Post
    I get emails from listener saying they wish there were no commercial s and that they would pay for a commercial free version.. this is why I have discussed this option.. the show will continue to have advertisers and remain free to the public.
    Key word here is option. If you don't mind the commercials, then continue listening to it as is. If you hate the commercials then feel free to upgrade to the premium show to avoid said commercials. A lot of podcast and internet radio shows have moved in this direction. Carl isn't offering a payment only show, he's giving his listeners choices which is something everyone can appreciate. IMO this is a smart business move that has no repercussion on lay listeners what so ever.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  11. I feel like SHR is better than ever. The shows continue to be surprising. The BP hour is great. Wade Johnson's success and thoughts pair well with Rob's. Carl is authentic. I love it.

  12. The only thing I don't like is the age force stuff, other than that the show is ok.

    I love it when Rob is on there

  13. Quote Originally Posted by southsideguy View Post
    The only thing I don't like is the age force stuff, other than that the show is ok.

    I love it when Rob is on there
    Rob is on today!!

  14. Quote Originally Posted by southsideguy
    The only thing I don't like is the age force stuff, other than that the show is ok.

    I love it when Rob is on there
    What's wrong with the age force stuff?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by vinnietrt View Post
    What's wrong with the age force stuff?
    I could agree with that. Ive bought many a product through Carls recommendations. Some have become staples. I was about to invest in the Age Force fat loss patch and THAT morning he had Steve on and damn was I put off. The guy made it blantantly obvious he was reading straight off a sheet when he was trying to phonetically read the names of Isoleucine and tryptophan. Not even being able to speak the names of main ingrediants (not to mention that given the way these guys are supposed to be "cutting edge" that these amino acids should be more familiar to him than his children) was enough for me to steer well clear of Age Force and turn the show off early for the first time.

  16. I appreciate Steve maintaining the supportive relationship with superhumanradio as well as his helpful emailed responses to my questions, but it does concern me when he does not indicate as much understanding of the products as I would like. I am happy that he has become increasingly knowledgeable about the products and human physiology, and that he reads responses from the R&D team of the company that communicate what is likely a group of strong scientific minds that perform the company's research & development.

  17. I'll say this my blood work has proven to me that their patches do indeed work. I've also had several email conversations with Steve and he has always been extremely helpful. Like I've said before, you can't just email joe weider or and other owner of a company and get a fast response or any at all for that matter.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by vinnietrt View Post
    I'll say this my blood work has proven to me that their patches do indeed work. I've also had several email conversations with Steve and he has always been extremely helpful. Like I've said before, you can't just email joe weider or and other owner of a company and get a fast response or any at all for that matter.
    Steve Lapidus and Joe Weider? Not the same thing.

    On another note, what if all those identical looking patches were just square bandages and the only active ingredient in the adhesive was placebo?

  19. Quote Originally Posted by jsfu View Post
    Steve Lapidus and Joe Weider? Not the same thing.

    On another note, what if all those identical looking patches were just square bandages and the only active ingredient in the adhesive was placebo?
    There are people who are using the DHEA + Pregnenolone patch and have pre and post usage blood work. If the patch was just adhesive their blood levels wouldn't show anything new. They show considerable elevations in DHEA and Pregnololne levels. and according to one individual, better than his oral supplementation. Its not just adhesive. Just like a nicotine patch is not just adhesive. I'm not expecting everyone to grab on to the patch products. Transdermal patch delivery is a main steam vehicle these days.

  20. I have just joined the forum. So, I'm behind on a bunch it appears. As for the tone of the show, I have seen no difference, however; I'm certainly open to anything that people would want discussed. Whatever would make it a better and more informative show for the listeners, I'm for at least listening to.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by triceptor View Post
    There are people who are using the DHEA + Pregnenolone patch and have pre and post usage blood work. If the patch was just adhesive their blood levels wouldn't show anything new. They show considerable elevations in DHEA and Pregnololne levels. and according to one individual, better than his oral supplementation. Its not just adhesive. Just like a nicotine patch is not just adhesive. I'm not expecting everyone to grab on to the patch products. Transdermal patch delivery is a main steam vehicle these days.
    I could say a lot in response - but I'll just say I 'think' I have blood test evidence of the patches working and qualitatively, the DHEA/Preg. patches increase my libido. I am working to resolve some questions I have about recent blood test results. I hope to say more soon.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by bigwade
    I have just joined the forum. So, I'm behind on a bunch it appears. As for the tone of the show, I have seen no difference, however; I'm certainly open to anything that people would want discussed. Whatever would make it a better and more informative show for the listeners, I'm for at least listening to.
    Welcome to Anabolic Minds forum Wade!
    I was actually just browsing around to find you. Steve told me you might be popping in.
    Use code "fl3x10" to get a free shirt with your purchase at Mind and Muscle

  23. Quote Originally Posted by vinnietrt
    I'll say this my blood work has proven to me that their patches do indeed work. I've also had several email conversations with Steve and he has always been extremely helpful. Like I've said before, you can't just email joe weider or and other owner of a company and get a fast response or any at all for that matter.
    Very nice.

    If you or Carl have time I wouldn't mind taking a look at your numbers. I have yet to get any testing done with my patches. It would be nice to see someone get before/afters on our newest patch.
    I just received mine yesterday.
    Use code "fl3x10" to get a free shirt with your purchase at Mind and Muscle

  24. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    Very nice.

    If you or Carl have time I wouldn't mind taking a look at your numbers. I have yet to get any testing done with my patches. It would be nice to see someone get before/afters on our newest patch.
    I just received mine yesterday.
    How are you thinking blood test results might change after using the amino acid patches?

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Cogrick2

    How are you thinking blood test results might change after using the amino acid patches?
    I figure blood leucine levels before application and 8 hours after would be different, showing elevated levels after application.
    Use code "fl3x10" to get a free shirt with your purchase at Mind and Muscle

  26. I am currently using, in the 2nd week, CoQ10, B-12, Fat burner and NO patch and the amino patch is on the way. I'm looking forward to trying them and seeing the results. I'm going to start a training journal here as well for anyone interested in how an old guy trains and welcome feedback.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by bigwade View Post
    I am currently using, in the 2nd week, CoQ10, B-12, Fat burner and NO patch and the amino patch is on the way. I'm looking forward to trying them and seeing the results. I'm going to start a training journal here as well for anyone interested in how an old guy trains and welcome feedback.
    Great news! I hope you see a benefit and look forward to tracking your progress.

  28. Nice and welcome. I love the patches
    Knowledge is power- The power to do your part and make a difference.

  29. Carl has provided more useful information in the last 10 years than any other media option out there!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How to tone my stomach?
    By RAZORBACK09 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 04:27 PM
  2. Best cycle for a woman to cut and tone?
    By kashmoney72 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 05:55 PM
  3. Best cycle for a woman to cut and tone?
    By kashmoney72 in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 03:56 PM
  4. tone my butt?
    By rnmills123 in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 10:21 AM
  5. Wife needs to tone her legs
    By badbart in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Log in
Log in