Show suggestions? - AnabolicMinds.com

Show suggestions?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Hug it out.
    Board Administrator
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.

Show suggestions?

Post your suggestions for upcoming episodes of Super Human Radio in this thread!

2. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I would like to hear Dr.Mauro Di. Pasquale again. I know he was on the show years ago and I listened to that one. Really would like to hear him again.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  193 lbs.

lets have Dr. Michael Smith on to discuss the effects of mangosteen and sphaeranthus indicous on fat burning... VERY interesting article in this months life extension... and Dr. Smith is always entertaining and enlightening.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I would like to hear Dr.Mauro Di. Pasquale again. I know he was on the show years ago and I listened to that one. Really would like to hear him again.
    I agree with this.

Maybe Lyle Mcdonald.....oh..wait....never mind. lol
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  172 lbs.

Mat Lalonde on Auto****y

It'd be interesting to hear Mat (or anyone, really) discuss the rationale, mechanisms, and his experimenting with inducing muscle auto****y (auto-fay-gee, correct spelling is apparently censored). From what I understand, it's basically protein fasting to promote internal housecleaning which preserves muscle mass and function. There's an abstract of a study on it here, which is summarized here. Both links are WFS.
    Last edited by Norcal Mike; 06-09-2011 at 11:23 PM. Reason: clarify censored word
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcal Mike View Post
    It'd be interesting to hear Mat (or anyone, really) discuss the rationale, mechanisms, and his experimenting with inducing muscle auto****y (auto-fay-gee, correct spelling is apparently censored). From what I understand, it's basically protein fasting to promote internal housecleaning which preserves muscle mass and function. There's an abstract of a study on it here, which is summarized here. Both links are WFS.
    Mat Lalonde is amazing, I listen to Robb Wolf and Chris Kresser just so I can hear what Mat has to say. He usually uses research, and not just one study, or a couple of studies, he goes through the whole field. Plus he doesn't limit himself to Paleo, crossfit, or many of those other guys who he is often bunched with. He is the real deal. If only he studied and presented on hypertrophy and getting mean and ripped... oh well I guess we have Layne Norton for that.
  7. New Member

Top 10 tips for over 40s .. Would be a good show.
    It's much harder to achieve once the hormones start to drop off!
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  198 lbs.

I would love to hear a show on how to get best results with tanning, with summer coming and all....
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Great suggestions so far. I, too, would love to hear more about protein-fasting, and the associated auto****y. From Lalonde or anyone. Weekly, monthly, sporadicly, etc.
    I'd love to hear an interview with someone who has made serious strength progress using a smith machine. I, like I assume many here, think they're BS and i use a barbell and a powerrack. however, I'd love to hear from someone who swears by it.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  231 lbs.

More about Vitamin D. More Mauro Di. Pasquale. More on glycation. Some Robert Lustig. And some more ranting.
    Also I'd like to hear more of the metabolic issues discussed as they apply to aspiring superhumans as most experts seem to only think in terms of the average man or woman.
  11. Radio Host

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    He's on next week talking about some new research on DOMS!! I'm traveling this week so running some older shows as BEST OF episodes.. these are great shows worth listening to again if you never heard before..
  12. Radio Host

Quote Originally Posted by loco_gigo View Post
    lets have Dr. Michael Smith on to discuss the effects of mangosteen and sphaeranthus indicous on fat burning... VERY interesting article in this months life extension... and Dr. Smith is always entertaining and enlightening.
    emailed him. Done!
  13. Radio Host

Quote Originally Posted by Norcal Mike View Post
    Love this.. I'm on it! Politically correct censorship LOL can't say ***..... see!
  14. Radio Host

Quote Originally Posted by jim_slade View Post
    More about Vitamin D. More Mauro Di. Pasquale. More on glycation. Some Robert Lustig. And some more ranting.
    Also I'd like to hear more of the metabolic issues discussed as they apply to aspiring superhumans as most experts seem to only think in terms of the average man or woman.
    I will get these done once back in the studio...
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

How about a show, or at least half a show, about the front squat versus the back squat. I know we all know this pretty thoroughly, and there is a ton written about it but I'd still enjoy hearing a thorough discussion about it.
    For me, after being backsquat-or-nothing kindaguy for a while, i decided to try fronts for a while just for variety and so i could talk more authoritatively. I have grown to love the front squat, too. Though i do of course admit that its not as great a general growth-promoter as the BS, simply due to the lower poundages. I can manage bodyweight for 5 x 3 working sets at the moment and now I'm going to go back to the BS cuz i wanna add maybe five more pounds bodyweight in the coming months. Anyhow, love to hear in on air and love to hear from the listeners herein the threads. -ben
    Last edited by ben61820; 06-16-2011 at 08:19 AM. Reason: emphasis
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

no suggestions, jus saying cool show. ive listened a couple of times, nice work
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  231 lbs.

I know I mentioned this in an earlier post but I thought I should clarify my main question. I started taking Vit D3 after hearing you (Carl) say that you were taking (I think) 5000iu a day and then went on to riff on it's many benefits. I did a bit of research myself and was pretty convinced I should be taking a bucket full as I live in the north of England where it rains all the time and we never see the sun.
    This was over a year ago, and I've not suffered any illness at all since taking the Vit D3. I am wondering about the relationship between D and calcium though as I understand that excess D can lead to calcium (which with the raw cream I drink I should have enough of) deposits on sites of bone injuries, and after 20 years of lifting and fighting I'm lumpy enough as it is.
  18. New Member

Maybe another show with Patrick Arnold always an interesting show
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I really gotta check out this show. Dr. Di Pasqual for certain.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  20. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I really gotta check out this show. Dr. Di Pasqual for certain.

Top right, Click Live, done!

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  21. New Member

Or a show with Rick Collins or someone on supplement law
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  231 lbs.

How about a show on programming training like the old time strongmen, obviously I'm think of Brooks Kubik as the guest expert too. As a specific question i'd like to know what sort of frequency is optimal for improvement and injury prevention. I've been following the Hepburn program for about a year now and I'm noticing that my joints aren't bearing up too well. So I was wondering how long an interval between training events (say the squat) can be before the adaptive benefit is lost, for example is squatting once per ten days as good as once per seven.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

How about a show featuring Louann Brizendine auther of the books The Female Brain and The Male Brain. I think that would be a very interesting show. Could even be a two parter. One show for the Female Brain and another for the Male Brain.
  24. New Member

I actually think the show with the author of the male Brain and the female brain would be a great show aswell
  25. nunzie59

Recently we lost Serge Nubret as well as Tony Pandolfo. Both were known for their astetics. The bodybuilders and the powerlifters of the '70's were unique unto themselves and need to have a show for the, Carl. George Frenn, Mel Hennesy, Bill Kazmeir, Frank AND Christine Zane, even Johnny Kemper were all special people. By the way I used to train with John Kemper in Jersey City---which brings Denie Walter to mind. Don't forget Leon Brown.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  212 lbs.

i agree 40,50 and 60 yrs old

Quote Originally Posted by Robo_70 View Post
    Top 10 tips for over 40s .. Would be a good show.
    It's much harder to achieve once the hormones start to drop off!
    do an old farts/baby boomer show!!!!
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  212 lbs.

how about Romo. i am reading his book. should have good advice and stories
  28. New Member

I was thinking about the potential of natural pro hormones as health promoting products then wondered why the pharmaceutical industry would'nt pick them up and thought it might make a good show
  29. New Member

i got a show idea perhaps bring sen hatch on the show the man behind the dshea on the show with all the crazy ness going on in the supplment world it would be a good show
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  194 lbs.

Would love to see Charles Poliquin come on and talk about Exactly what he does to get his client to lose body fat and gain muscle at the same time

Also Martin Berkhan from "leangains.com" he seems to be very well educated in intermittent fasting and fat loss/muscle growth and if you look at his client page the results speak for them selves
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Big fan. I think a show devoted to keto would be cool. Also, for anti-aging, look up Aubrey de Grey. He would be a great guest speaker.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  172 lbs.

In my feverish sprint to listen to ALL past episodes I've found the following guests to be the most informative/entertaining and just can't hear enough from them:

Dr. Peter Rouse, Dr. Michael Smith, Brooks Kubik, Dr. Mauro DiPasquale, Prof. Dr. Andro, Mike Mahler, PJ Braun
    Randy Roach, Eric Potratz, Ori Hofmekler, Anthony Roberts, Dr. John Crisler, Joshua Trentine, Chris Mason, Dr. Loren Cordain

One hit wonders: Layne Norton, Dan John, Robb Wolf, Dr. William Wong (these guys are all overdue for a return, IMO)

Don't fear having all these guys on again Carl, I'm sure they're all smart enough to provide fresh information. Thanks for hosting this great show.
  33. New Member

Next Super Human Radio Guest

It would be great to get Dave Pulcinella back on the show just to hear what's going on with the Raising the Bar series, and if there have been any modifications to the 6 foods that work.

Another idol of mine is Ross Enamait from rosstraining.com, This ex boxer has posted numerous videos on youtube about how you can create your own strength training facility using inexpensive materials found at your the hardware store. An Extremely intelligent and dedicated individual who has re-written the rule book in home strength training.

Paul J
  34. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  194 lbs.

Alot of good suggestions on here!!!

However i dont think Carl is to "Active" in reading all our recommendations
  35. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

A show including HRT for women would be an added benefit to the SHR cataloge. We all hear the benefits, effects and hormone design and dosage for men. It would be interesting to get the same for females.
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I want a radio show on how to keep your renal system healthy and if we should have any concerens as far as bodybuilding goes intaking so much protein and other dietary supplements.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Good topic suggestion.

Superhuman radio is like a commercial projection of all of my thoughts and theories about nutrition and exercise. I cant believe I didnt know about this until 2011. I will listen to all the back episodes that I possibly can. Debunks SO many rhetorical premises that are harped on and preached in undergrad exercise and health courses and in the media. I love that every guest is a proponent of evidence based peer reviewed research.

Every episode is extremely enlightening and my only suggestion is to keep this **** going Carl.
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Oh and play some metal in between commercials! Pop dance garbage doesnt really accent the show too well
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Id like to hear some expert opinions on male pattern baldness and the best way to combat it or at least deal with it besides shaving the head. I have thinning hair and i tried propecia and ALL my hair grew back thick within a year.. only thing was some impotency side effects- enough to make me kick the stuff to the curb. I would LOVE to have thick hair again but I just dont wanna deal with those sides. Please run a show on the latest research and alternative ways to get my mane back!
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  213 lbs.

Hormone replacement and dealing with ignorant doc's who are otherwise good.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Last show
    By GrowthMan1 in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 08:05 PM
  2. My Show
    By TheMouth in forum MMA
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 03:38 PM
  3. I'm off to the show
    By Rodja in forum MMA