Vida Text. "Androgens and Anabolic Agents"

db682

Awards
  • Established
After a brief conversation with Chemo and some of the prior purchasers Ive come to the decision to make this post.
I was originally just going to offer this (The Vida Text) to individuals that I felt could and would really appreiciate this book and not abuse it, but everyone who has purchased it and started reading it felt that it is definitly something that everyone may be able to learn from. I and many others truthfully believe that this is by far one of the best books around on the subject of Androgens and Anabolics along the lines of chemistry and pharmacology.
I love researching, I love learning and I love knowing what Im putting into my body does and how it effects me. I also know that Im not the only one that feels this way because of the amount of emails I recieve on a daily basis. With that said I will give you guys some brief info on the book and what my plans for it are.
The book is written by Julius A. Vida, a well known researcher in the fields of Androgens and Anabolics (hence the name of the book) who happens to be a chairperson on every major board of directors for just about every major pharmacutical company around. The book is entitled "Androgens and Anabolic Agents: Chemistry and Pharmacology". It is well out of print and very, very hard to come by. It was originally used as a required text for many schools (pharmacology and chemistry majors) way back in the day and has since been pretty much forgotten about. The last known purchase price while in print was about $239.00 and that was about 20 years ago. It is a compilation of research from many reserchers into the worlds of Anabolics and the processes which effect them. There is over 200 pages of diagrams, charts and carbon ring graphics. I decided to scan each page individually as a high quality photo instead of your average black and white in order for those that are printing it or enlarging the graphics to get the best possible resolution from it. Every disc is password protected for the user that purchased it with a different password for every disc made. This is in order to keep it from spreading across the internet and causing those that have previously purchased it to feel as though they have been had. Im not in this game to screw anybody over and for that reason it is being made as internet unfriendly as possible.
If you are interested in a purchasing copy please feel free to email or PM me to discuss payment issues and shipping and password preferations.

db

PS. Any of the purchasers or readers can feel free to post there opinion of the book if they would like.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
I have a copy of this scan and must say that is of HIGH quality. Each page is clear not only on the screen but also in print.

For an example of the tabular data in the book reference this thread. About half way down is my posts using Vida as a reference.

The information in this book covers everything from receptor theory to steriochemistry. I'll let the table of contents for this book speak for itself. It is well organized to give a basic treatise on various topics ranging from novice to advanced. The true power of this book is in the tables...200 pages of steroids in every substituted arrangement that has been explored (at that time).

If you don't get your copy of this you will definitely be missing out...

Chemo

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How useful would this vida book be for someone like myself with no background in biology at college level?? Would it be too dry and incomprehensible?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
How useful would this vida book be for someone like myself with no background in biology at college level?? Would it be too dry and incomprehensible?
Not really...the tue power of this book is in the 200 pages of tables containing anabolic agents. The other 100 pages (the book is about 300 pages long) is the general info that may be a little technical for some. If you can look at a chemical structure and recognize the molecule you're after then this book is EXACTLY what you need.

Chemo

db682

Awards
  • Established
Ruff bro, EMPTY YOUR FREAKIN MAILBOX!!! Everytime I try and PM you I get users mailbox full. And it been like that for the last couple months. Empty the inbox and sent box.

db

nsruffryder34

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sorry bro, Its all gone now.... I deleated that thing like 10 times too :)

tracer

Awards
Hey... I tried to pm db682, but the system won't let me. Please contact me ASAP, I want to buy the book from you...

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
PM's are disabled and this is an OOOOOOOOLD POST. Chanes are you're assed out :(

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
really too bad - thought I had a line on the actual book for a while, but even an ebook-style scan would be wonderful to have...not that I stand a chance of doing anything with it, I'm no chemist: but I find the whole topic fascinating.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
really too bad - thought I had a line on the actual book for a while, but even an ebook-style scan would be wonderful to have...not that I stand a chance of doing anything with it, I'm no chemist: but I find the whole topic fascinating.
I know what you're saying man...it would be fun :D I ran a few quick searches last night to see if there were any e-versions around and nope...none that I found.

Meerschaum

Awards
I know what you're saying man...it would be fun :D I ran a few quick searches last night to see if there were any e-versions around and nope...none that I found.
amazon.com lists the book, but none in stock, no used :( ... this would have been cool :p

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys, maybe i can help you here, im molecular biology/biochemistry major. and i have accesses to 30 different university Libraries. well i tried lloking for it in my school library but i couldnt find it. but good news i was able to find it in other universities in CA. my university can order the book for me through iner library loan. maybe when i can get it i can scan it .

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
X, that would be really cool of you. That book is the holy grail of androgen/anabolic literature.

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
its not in school Library, and i was told i have to wait for 3 weeks until they can lon it from another school.

if any one knows student at California state university, like Los Angelos, San Diego, San Marcos, Fullerton, Humbedolt , chico or frenso, then they can get it at same day. because they have it already at school Library.

i will try my best though.

Meerschaum

Awards
its not in school Library, and i was told i have to wait for 3 weeks until they can lon it from another school.

if any one knows student at California state university, like Los Angelos, San Diego, San Marcos, Fullerton, Humbedolt , chico or frenso, then they can get it at same day. because they have it already at school Library.

i will try my best though.
your my hero

db682

Awards
  • Established
30$ a pop shipped. Email me if your still interested. Ask around, there top notch and password protected to each individual buyer. Sorry about the delay as well. As many people know Im extremly busy all the time. Keep in mind this is a limited basis thing. Email me at [email protected] and we'll discuss payment and trade addresses.

db682

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
If chemo backed db's scan, that is good enough for me. I'm gonna order one, will report back after I get it. I looked around for Vida's book but could only find one at the local university's vet library, where it was considered reference and can't be checked out.

DB - I'll drop you a line.

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
i went to the library, and checked the book out. i will recieve the book after 5 days. i dont know if i can scan whole thing though.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
sign me up 1st! if it come's through and scans well, i'll be in touch

db682

Awards
  • Established
I just replied to everyones emails. If I missed anybody or anyone else is interested hit me up at [email protected].

Sorry for the delay.

db

db682

Awards
  • Established
Please post when you guys have recieved everything. I sent all the packages USPS 1st class mail. The guy at the counter said that everyone would recieve them about the same time as if I did priority.

If anybody has questions just email me.

db

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
I received my copy today. :D

The quality is GOOD as stated. :cheers:

Thanks DB :box:

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
holy ****. I JUST found this thread.

Is this still available to purchase? Email sent!!

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
houseman,

virtual bodybuilder is dead long time now :(

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
houseman,

virtual bodybuilder is dead long time now :(
Somehow I don't think that's what he was referring to.

x_muscle, were you ever able to obtain the text? I work in the CSU system and couldn't find a uni that had it. UCLA had it but it was considered a reference material and thus not available for checkout. I could have photocopied it there for 25cents per page but that would have been cost prohibitive. I too would like a copy of this text if anyone wants to lend a helping hand.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I am very interested, let me know how I can get it, thanks.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Please add my name to the list...

I am in CR so the chance of me finding it an any library is bad. :(

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
Wait what? I am confused as to whether you were joking or I just got insulted? :blink:

Hmmm. Could be taken as- trying to dig up old hormones (compliment?) or could be talkin sh!t. Only one man knows.

beast69

beast69

Awards
Hmmm. Could be taken as- trying to dig up old hormones (compliment?) or could be talkin sh!t. Only one man knows.
I think i'll go with option C) "bumping thread that was started over 3 years ago" :cool:

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
I think i'll go with option C) "bumping thread that was started over 3 years ago" :cool:

So, if that's the case, maybe more than one man knew. And I guess I was a gravedigger too.

db682

Awards
  • Established
Lake,
I got you covered. Have you found any hosting sites or anything that we spoke about. Its like 136mb. Im outta town for the holidays but ill be back home tomarrow. Theirs actually quite a few guys on this board that have it or had it. I hooked up a good amount of people with it. Let me know if your still in need.

db

db682

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, and did you catch that game today. Boy do you Seminoles need to stick to stealing stuff. Go Gators!!!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Lake,
I got you covered. Have you found any hosting sites or anything that we spoke about. Its like 136mb. Im outta town for the holidays but ill be back home tomarrow. Theirs actually quite a few guys on this board that have it or had it. I hooked up a good amount of people with it. Let me know if your still in need.

db
No need to host it on a site directly...bittorrent is where its at :) If you did want to host it somewhere, zip it into multiple files les than 50 MB (use winrar or winzip or 7-zip or something)and then upload each to RapidShare Webhosting + Webspace

carlos54

Awards
dear db682 , I am interested in buying a copy of Julius A Vida book "Androgens and Anabolic Agents: Chemistry and Pharmacology" . my e mail address is <[email protected]> . Please if you can help me , just let me know . Many thanks in advance
Carlos

intwo

Awards
anyone still have a digital copy? iv'e been looking for weeks for this book

shanebee

Awards
iv'e been searching for months for this book, i guess ill have to get it on a interlib loan and scan it

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
Or you could ask one of your bro's here at AM for a copy.

; )