Whats Worse For Your Health? Being Obese or Roider

1. Registered User

Exclamation Whats Worse For Your Health? Being Obese or Roider

Ive been thinking that for all the crap that people get that do 2-3 cycles a year on w/e substance to get bigger or improve theirselves, why don't we ever reprimand those who can't control themselves and have no self discipline? It seems like just as many, if not more, health problems can be linked to obesity than the casual steroid user. Those sides we always talk about when on cycle (elevated bp etc) are apart of the everyday lives of most obese people. I just wanted you guys to chime in on your feelings on this situation.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tradersam View Post
    Ive been thinking that for all the crap that people get that do 2-3 cycles a year on w/e substance to get bigger or improve theirselves, why don't we ever reprimand those who can't control themselves and have no self discipline? It seems like just as many, if not more, health problems can be linked to obesity than the casual steroid user. Those sides we always talk about when on cycle (elevated bp etc) are apart of the everyday lives of most obese people. I just wanted you guys to chime in on your feelings on this situation.

you cant really say. Depends on what cycles, cycle frequency, level of obesity, diet, alcohol etc etc.

I would say 2-3 cycles a year is more than a "casual steroid user", its more borderline abuser IMHO
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.

The thing is, steroids can cause permanent endocrine issues and internal organ damage, whereas obesity issues are presented as if they simply clear up once you get your weight under control, and there's no permanent cardiovascular damage unless you had a heart attack due to the weight. (these are general statements of course) So it's hard to say, they both can shorten your life span I suppose. At least with steroids you're not going to die outright because of going on a cycle, whereas with being fat enough you could very well have a coronary/stroke at any time.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.

I would say obesity is worse because it is linked with an unhealthy lifestyle and a lack of personal responsibility, whereas juicers try to take charge of their lives, minimize the risks and maximize the benefits of what they do.
    Mostly answered PM's
    Don't post on my profile, I don't read that stuff, PM me instead
    <------ Hard to believe, but I wasn't on any anabolics in the avatar shot
  5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tnick7 View Post
    you cant really say. Depends on what cycles, cycle frequency, level of obesity, diet, alcohol etc etc.

I would say 2-3 cycles a year is more than a "casual steroid user", its more borderline abuser IMHO

Im not talking about any over the top like 4 different substances in once cycle. Im talking about maybe an epi cycle or test e/c. Those type of cycles ran for the optimum time length w/ proper pct and what not. And obese obviously not being a few lbs. overweight. I'm talking 20+. Which is more the norm than the exception nowadays.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

An obese roider would be the worst, Imho.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by UnrealMachine View Post
    I would say obesity is worse because it is linked with an unhealthy lifestyle and a lack of personal responsibility, whereas juicers try to take charge of their lives, minimize the risks and maximize the benefits of what they do.
    only the responsible 'roiders. You have guys like you mentioned and then you have people running ridiculous amounts of methyls for inappropriate time lengths and without liver supps, or a mix of every compound they can get their hands on regardless of what each compound is best suited for or the lengths of their esters. In either of those cases you have people who even worse, wait til halfway through their cycle before asking for help getting a pct together.

Honestly, a morbidly obese person stuffing their face because they're fixated on culinary pleasure or satiety, and a juicer who takes every compound he can get his hands on at whatever dose he can afford are one and the same. Either way you're completely devoted to your self destructive compulsions as long as you think it's keeping you happy, even if it kills you.
  8. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

Steroid use *may* compromise your health and longevity over time, depending on a number of factors - not the least of which is how smart or stupid, careful or careless one is in their use.

Obesity OTOH *will* compromise your health and longevity over time, depending on the extent and duration of the obesity. Unlike with steroid use, smart or stupid, careful or careless behaviours & choices are accessory to the harm, not determining factors in whether harm is had.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  0 lbs.

Im not talking about any over the top like 4 different substances in once cycle. Im talking about maybe an epi cycle or test e/c. Those type of cycles ran for the optimum time length w/ proper pct and what not. And obese obviously not being a few lbs. overweight. I'm talking 20+. Which is more the norm than the exception nowadays.

Well even 3 epi cycles a year is abuse in my eyes, maybe not to some. I would like to keep it to 1-2 tops (1 longer cycle or 2 shorter cycles max). 3 test e/c cycles a year would mean your pretty much constantly on or on PCT.

And 20lbs overweight isnt a huge amount really, I wouldn't consider someone 20lb above average weight to be in danger of a heart attack (and/or other problems associated with obesity). When you get to being 250-300lbs, fat, then your in trouble

I think this is pretty comparable in my eyes. You have to realize as well that most steroid users will be overweight (not over fat, overweight). As steroids will affect cholesterol so will an obese persons bad diet. An obese person will likely drink, therefore liver strain, as a steroid user may/will face. And being overweight (obese, or muscular) will put strain on your heart.
  10. Registered User

The way I see it is that look how many deaths per year are related to steroid use compared to obesity. Its a staggering difference. How many deaths can honestly be related to steroids?
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  0 lbs.

The way I see it is that look how many deaths per year are related to steroid use compared to obesity. Its a staggering difference. How many deaths can honestly be related to steroids?

True but look at the ratios. I'm sure there are FAR more obese people than people using steroids, and more importantly I'm sure there are far more extremely obese people than steroid abusers.
  12. Registered User

Just so we have an idea about what obesity and steroid use causes:

Obesity accounts for more than 300k premature deaths a year.

“Obesity is the most common nutritional disorder in the developed world,” emphasizes Dr. Zebrack, “and the second most preventable cause of death after smoking.” Health and wellness risks include, but are not limited to, the following:

High blood pressure and high blood cholesterol
    Coronary heart disease, stroke, congestive heart failure
    Type 2 diabetes
    Osteoarthritis
    Gallstones
    Low back pain
    Heartburn
    Gout
    Obstructive sleep apnea and other respiratory problems
    Some types of cancer, including endometrial, breast, prostate and colon
    Complications of pregnancy
    Poor female reproductive health such as menstrual irregularities, infertility
    Bladder control problems (e.g., stress incontinence)
    Psychological disorders including depression, eating disorders, distorted body image and low self esteem

Steroid Use:
    Wadler says that while there is no definitive study to prove the effect of anabolic steroids on the heart (giving steroids to athletes for a clinical study would be unethical), he feels that many of his colleagues are ignoring the obvious.

"People say you can't really prove that because there's no tell-tale 100% sign that people can point to," Wadler says. "They say you're just scaring people when you bring it up."

Some of what Wadler points out about steroids and amphetamines use is indeed frightening:

Steroids can raise cholesterol levels, increase blood pressure and increase platelet abnormalities, which leads to a higher rates of blood clotting and raises the incidence of plaque formation in arteries.
    Steroids can also increase the level of homocysteine, an amino acid, in the blood, which can increase the risk of cardiac arrest.
    Amphetamines increase the heart rate and, subsequently, increase blood pressure. They have been associated with irregular heartbeats.
  13. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

how did amphetamines get into this?
  14. Registered User

[QUOTE=BodyWizard;1444836]how did amphetamines get into this?[/QUOTE

I'm asuming hes talking about some of the weight loss routes bodybuilders take. Just a guess.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Whats worse than the taste of bulk powerFULL?
    By EasyEJL in forum Supplements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-16-2007, 11:05 AM
  2. Obese and Skinny Male Drivers Fare Worse in Car Crashes
    By fbxdan in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-22-2006, 10:36 PM
  3. whats worse...M1T or real steroids?
    By 30th T/A in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-31-2004, 11:21 AM