How do you know when your ready?

UofIlifting11

Awards
I've been really getting into reading about designers lately as i'm soon so be 21. My question is, knowing that everyone's endocrine/body chemistry is different, is the recommended minimum age of 21 for steroid use the median age at which endocrine development ceases or is it towards to high end to ensure most would be safe; given proper PCT of course? thanks

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
IMHO...if u hafta ask..your not ready yet... do some more research first about the different compounds..read some logs and reviews also.

Nolbandet102

Nolbandet102

Awards
I waited untill I was 21, but looking back i don't really know what if anything about my development was different 20-22. I do think though it is a good idea to do lots of research which in most situations will take you up to or past the age of 21. If you are confident that you are done growing, are mentally stable/responsible, and have your diet and training in order begin doing the proper research.

Here are some starting research points
-Hormone Profiles/Sides/Characteristics
-Support Supplements/lier health/heart health/cholesterol/blood pressure
-PCT/HTPA stimulation/Estrogen Control/Prolactin Control/Cortisol Control

Let me know if you have any specific questions, I know what its like to have starting questions and be afraid to ask them because of the hardcore flaming that goes with these boards.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Your ready to do steroids when your big enough that it looks like you do them already. Anything before that and your not at your genetic max, and your just looking for the easy way out.

Nolbandet102

Nolbandet102

Awards
Agreed, you gotta put in your time in the gym before you go on cycle. Not just because of the short cut issue, but you must have a knowledge of training and know your body well enough to have pushed yourself near your genetic potential in order to get the full benefits of anabolics.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your ready to do steroids when your big enough that it looks like you do them already. Anything before that and your not at your genetic max, and your just looking for the easy way out.
:goodpost:

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
x3. At genetic plateau, no less than 25 IMO.

Growth Junkie

Growth Junkie

Awards
Second that sh#t!

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't buy much into the genetic plateau, i've never seen someone at a level where it was impossible to make natural gains. It becomes increasingly harder, but few people have diet/training/lifestyle that are all 100% perfect (especially diet) so there is always room for improvement.

Way I see it is you should have been lifting seriously for a few years, enough so that the natural gains have slowed down to a trickle. I.E. if you can run a natural bulk and gain a significant amount of quality LBM, you're not ready.

It's simple to figure out if someone has pushed far enough... like at 6'1 180 lbs, you are too small. People complain about being ectomorphs, pretend their caliper test that said 5% BF is correct when it's not, and otherwise make excuses to start too early. While I'd always advise heavily against it, in the end of the day I believe everybody should make their own decisions and take responsibility for them.

I.E. you don't do your research and you fvck up, you deserved it.

I sat on a bottle of Superdrol for 2 years before using it... I would say patience is a virtue when it comes to this stuff.