Halo/Epi cycle review

Nolbandet102

Nolbandet102

Awards
I just finished a 5 week cycle of CEL H-drol and Fast Action Epi-Drol. This cycle met or exceeded all of my expectations. My goals were strength increases and body recomp.

Dosages:
Epi----->30/40/40/50/60
Halo--->50/50/75/100/100

Weight:
251lb. to 267lb. (take into account bf loss)

Body Composition Effects (8/10):
estimated BF% reduction of 3%
Very noticeable leaning all over but my shoulders and chest look more lean then they have since i weighed about 225.
With this loss of body fat i feel like my actual lean mass gain from the cycle is more then what the scale indicates.

Mass (7/10):
The mass gains from this cycle were very dry untill epi was increased past 50mg. The gains hit hard in weeks 3-5 but are pretty steady from the beginning. These gains also came while keeping calories normal.

Strength (9/10):
Bench 5 rep max ---> +40lbs.
Squat 5 rep max---> +45lbs.
Deadlift 5 rep max---> +30lbs.

Sides (7/10):
First of all even at these high dosages shutdown was minimal as far as I can tell. Slight acne started to show up when Epi was raised to 50mg and 60mg. Joint pain and back pumps are no joke with this combo, some days it was hard to walk. Libido increased the first two weeks of the cycle then declined towards the end but never became an issue everything worked fine when it needed to. At 60mg of Epi aggression and anger became an issue but nothing I couldn't control. No hair loss or estrogen related issues. Overall this stack is mild in the way of sides especially at lower dosages.

Overall (8/10):
Great cycle for strength and body recomp at a good price. i would run this cycle again but I would run h-drol for 6 weeks and epi for the last 4 weeks. H-drol seems to kick in about week 3 and is under dosed. The results from epi seem to peak after week 4 and bloating and aggression become bothersome. Next time I run this cycle I will not take less then 100mg of Halo and no more then 50mg of Epi.

I am now starting PCT consisting of Nolva(20mg), Powerfull, and PCS. Further into PCT when my body has moved closer toward normal hormone levels I will be including an AI and some other natural anabolic. Ill review this PCT after its over just like the cycle.

Let me know if you guys have an PCT suggestions or comments or questions about the cycle.

T H E O R E M

T H E O R E M

Awards
  • Established
1)have you measured blood pressure? if so what was your experience, and also are you prone BAD bp with Orals?

2)how dry were your joints running both? any discomfort?

rpt95

Awards
So the last week you were taking 160mg of methyls?

Nolbandet102

Nolbandet102

Awards
1) blood pressure was never far out of the normal range, I have been getting it checked about once a week by my friend who is a nurse. I believe the highest reading I saw was 145/80. This is right at the top of the high-normal range. This to me is acceptable and only a couple points higher then my bp pre-cycle. I am moderately prone to blood pressure increases during a cycle, phera made my blood pressure much worse then this cycle did though.

2) Joint pain is probably the worst side from this cycle. Even using joint supplements the pain was still pretty bad. I would highly recommend running cissis if you run this cycle. If you are a person with a history a joint issues I would not run this cycle.

3) Week 5, I was using 160mg of methyl orals a day. I understand this is dangerous on paper from a liver standpoint. I have not had any blood work done and unfortunately due to insurance issues I am only going to be able to get blood work done once, and I will be doing so post PCT. I was running 2g of milk thistle a day prior to and during my cycle. I did not experience any of the visible warning signs of liver trouble such as unusually dark urine or yellowing of my skin or eyes. I know a blood test is the only real way to determine if any problem exists, but as of now I feel fine with no indications that a problem is present. Furthermore I did not feel at my size I was getting the full benefit from these compounds at the lower doses that guys who weigh 50 pounds less then me run. For me the sweet spot on Epi was 40-50mg and halo was 100mg but in the future I would most likely go up 125mg. Remember Halo is a very mild methyl and it is not uncommon for people to exceed 100mg. Before my cycle I looked around and researched other peoples blood work who ran these compounds together and liver numbers seemed to stay relatively normal. In the end dosage is a personal choice and each person has to find the sweet spot where gains are maximized and sides are kept at an acceptable level. I would have no problem recommending dosing these compounds the way I did to someone my size. Obviously if your smaller though it would be unnecessary and you would be increasing health risks fr no reason.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
That is taking it out of context. Don't be such a dolt to him, he seems to have his information in line.

I would much rather take 160mg of methyls from a h-drol and epi combo rather than a 160mg of methyls from a m-drol and phera plex combo. Both epi and h-drol are on the mild side of liver effects, and one can afford to bump them up a bit more.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
Liver toxicity is not the same mg for mg when looking at different methyls.

"160mg of methyls" means nothing.

Nolbandet102

Nolbandet102

Awards
Exactly these are two of the few methyls that I would even think of running that high. Anyway today is my second day off the cycle and I actually look leaner and harder then I did on cycle. This cycle continues to impress me. It is early into PCT but so far I am happy with Post cycle support, Powerfull, and of course trusty nolva.

rpt95

Awards
That is taking it out of context. Don't be such a dolt to him, he seems to have his information in line.

I would much rather take 160mg of methyls from a h-drol and epi combo rather than a 160mg of methyls from a m-drol and phera plex combo. Both epi and h-drol are on the mild side of liver effects, and one can afford to bump them up a bit more.
I wasn't being a "dolt" to him lol. I was asking a serious question. I wanted to make sure I was reading it correctly since I am also a bigger lad (280lbs) and I am trying to plan out my next cycle.

Nolbandet102

Nolbandet102

Awards
At 280 I would ramp halo up to at least 100mg. As for Epi I don't feel that any additional benefits are achieved past 50mg, but sides went up dramatically. Overall I feel like at the right dose these two compounds have a really cool synergistic effect that can really help big guys like us stay leaner.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't being a "dolt" to him lol. I was asking a serious question. I wanted to make sure I was reading it correctly since I am also a bigger lad (280lbs) and I am trying to plan out my next cycle.
Instead of just asking like that, which is almost like saying he's crazy for taking 160mg of methyls, try additionally stating that "i'm a big guy too, and am looking into my next cycle." Helps keep the confusion of the internets "tone" to a minimal.

rpt95

Awards
At 280 I would ramp halo up to at least 100mg. As for Epi I don't feel that any additional benefits are achieved past 50mg, but sides went up dramatically. Overall I feel like at the right dose these two compounds have a really cool synergistic effect that can really help big guys like us stay leaner.
Thank you - I have a lot of options for my upcoming cycle. I came into some cheap dbol and test E so those are options as well. But after seing your results with the two less harsh methyls I am wondering if may be that wouldn't be a better option. The reason I would be going on this cycle would be to increase speed and explosive strength for an upcoming competition.

rpt95

Awards
Instead of just asking like that, which is almost like saying he's crazy for taking 160mg of methyls, try additionally stating that "i'm a big guy too, and am looking into my next cycle." Helps keep the confusion of the internets "tone" to a minimal.
The op didn't get offended - I understand there are a lot of Aholes on these sites but people need to chill with being so sensitive about every little post.......

Nolbandet102

Nolbandet102

Awards
This would definitely be a great cycle for strength and speed. Speed training may be difficult though if you get the same kind of pain in your joints that I did. Depending on what your training will be like maybe substitute the test e for EPI. H-drol and Test e would definitly be a good cycle and the dry joint problem would be taken care of.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
thanks for posting this, this is exactly what i am looking to do going into my meet in OCT.

Nolbandet102

Nolbandet102

Awards
No prob its a great cycle, im about to leave for he gym now and I anxious to see how my strength an weight will be. Ill be back tonight after work and I will let you guys know what kind of a drop off happens after this cycle.

Nolbandet102

Nolbandet102

Awards
I was down 2 pounds today but my strength was the same or higher on all my lifts. Its early but so far the gains are staying and PCT is going great.

abuleh

Awards
I've done a simular cycle Halo/Epi bridge and gained 22lbs. I also felt some bloat at the end and really got a big head :).

Now i am 3 weeks into PCT and lost all the water, bloat etc. I lost 11 lbs which means I also kept 11 lbs so far. I feel fully recovered already and I haven't lost any additional weight since 1,5 weeks. PCT is Nolva 40, 20, 20, 10 + ATD inverse to SERM + X-Lean etc. I now look really lean, I can see my abs again and my upper body looks much bigger. I really loved the cycle but hated the loss in libido on Epi only + hated the bloat and when people recongnized the bloat and ask you about it.

Good luck for your PCT!

~abuleh

Nolbandet102

Nolbandet102

Awards
Just gt back from the gym and I probably had a better back workout then while on cycle. I set a deadlift 5 rep PR(485). Today I was actually up a pound from yesterday putting me at only down one pound in PCT. PowerFull and PCS along with Nolva are working far better then Nolva alone or Nolva with ATD which are the two PCTs Ive used in the past.