Which testosterone test is best for me? - AnabolicMinds.com

Which testosterone test is best for me?

1. New Member

Which testosterone test is best for me?

Hey guys, I'm just interested in checking my testosterone level to make sure they are back to normal before I consider any cycles. I found a place to get anonymous tests ordered online and from the list It's a little confusing as to what I need. I'm assuming just a standard total test will be enough for me. As I'm not really trying to diagnose anything. Anyways the options the website lists is as follows:

1.)Testosterone (Free), Serum With Total $98.88
    2.)Testosterone, Free (Direct), Serum $55.99
    3.)Testosterone, Free (Direct), Serum With Total Testosterone $76.99
    4.)Testosterone, Free and Weakly Bound $79.99
    5.)Testosterone, Total, Serum $44.99

Thanks.

2. New Member

bump?
  3. New Member

Anybody know what the diff is between 1-3 and 2-5?
    •   

4. New Member

take m1t.....lol
  5. New Member

How about you take it, smart ass.
  6. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Option 1, most expensive but most accurate free and %free of total are all very important.
  7. New Member

WHat is option 3 for then?
  8. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    How about you take it, smart ass.

I have and worked very well for me.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  235 lbs.

go to your doc and have him give you a script to have the blood work done....i wouldn't trust some online bull****
  10. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by IRON4LIFE View Post
    go to your doc and have him give you a script to have the blood work done....i wouldn't trust some online bull****
    They just provide the lab orders for the bloodwork. You take it to a local lab and you never have to go through your personal doc.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    They just provide the lab orders for the bloodwork. You take it to a local lab and you never have to go through your personal doc.
    Wait, so, it's like paying money just for the orders, and then paying the lab to have them run? lol wtf is the point of that? Seriously, if you can't tell your DOCTOR of all people that you want bloodwork done, you seriously need to either get a new doctor or think about just not doing steroids.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  178 lbs.

Nightwanderer brings up a very good point. If you cant get blood work from your doctor what are you going to do if something goes seriously wrong? Go to webMD Think about it for a second.
  13. New Member

Well I def would have no problem going to my doc if a serious problem arose. I would just rather not go through the hassle of explaining everything to the doctor. Once I find a doctor I really trust I probably will.

Nightwanderer:
    You pay the online service and they send you the orders and the lab 'client bills' them.
  14. New Member

actually i hate doctors, they always give you **** about it if you want extra test that they DONT think you need, i havent met any cool ones where they will help you out and such,

so i understand, its costly but hassle free, go for option 1 (most familiar and easy to understand)

goodluck
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by comacho View Post
    actually i hate doctors, they always give you **** about it if you want extra test that they DONT think you need, i havent met any cool ones where they will help you out and such,

so i understand, its costly but hassle free, go for option 1 (most familiar and easy to understand)

goodluck
    Yep that's what I went with. I actually did a search for coupon codes on google for the website i used and got 15 dollars off, so it wasn't too bad.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.

Guys, online lab tests serve a particular market: They serve those individuals that do not want to disclose everything to their physicians due to insurance reasons. Do you want steroid use in your medical records, and possibly in the hands of your insurance provider(s)?! I don't think so.

Online lab tests are a legit service...they allow you to anonymously obtain tests at local testing facilities, all w/o you having to go to your doctor. They have a $hitload of tests and panels available for you. They're probably the same labs the local private clinics use when they send patients out for testing.

It's not like you can go to your doctor whenever you like and request 100's or 1,000s of dollars in blood work. If life were only that simple and friendly. Go ahead, try it. Your doctor will probably ask, "Soooo....why do you want this test? I have to put down a legitimate reason for the insurance to cover it." And if you think you can make up B.S. excuses to get testing done whenever you like, I think you'll be sorely mistaken.

-Papa!-
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  295 lbs.

I just now started reading this thread....I dont want to advise anyone from seeking medical help if you need it, but let me share a few things...

My wife is a nurse...one time a guy comes in and has an abcess on his quad (a guy I know well), and the doctor treats him sends him on his way...never says one word to the guy about steroids...my wife looks at the chart next time he comes in for the follow up and guess what? In bold letters right inside the chart it says "STEROID ABUSER". Why would he do that? Because he has to in order to cover his own ass, thats why....now, in the event his insurance found out you know what would happen? There is a good chance they would deny payment and possibly even cancel his plan due to drug addiction.

Instance number two...another guy comes in and complains of shoulder problems..tells the doctor he has used steroids in the past but isnt now...guess what? Same thing happens...sends him off for an MRI and writes the same **** in his folder....

I would never share that with my doctor unless I knew it was crucial to my visit....irregardless of our personal views, it is still illegal drug use and a doctor is inclined to note that...especially under the current climate with steroids being portrayed as the devil incarnate.

holy
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  178 lbs.

Holy you bring up a very good point there. I never thought of it that way.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Testosterone test: Urine vs Blood PLEASE HELP!
    By stilllearnin1 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 07:39 AM
  2. Home testosterone test kit?
    By GelorShots in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 10:23 AM
  3. testosterone saliva test
    By TheWayCreates in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 09:42 AM
  4. Hydroxy-Testosterone(OH Test)
    By iron addict in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-12-2003, 05:25 PM
  5. 1-test more expensive than testosterone powder !
    By toughguy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2003, 09:03 PM