How long should you run Prop for ?

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Awards
I'm thinking of running a 12 week Prop cycle with ED injections, but I notice most people run much shorter cycles like 6-10 weeks. Is there anything wrong with running prop for 12 weeks ? Do gains stop around the 8-10 week mark or something ? Can all of those ED injections, even if you hit every spot just once a week, cause scar tissue if you're running 12 weeks ?

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
i dont think so, ive run prop in the past for cycles of 8 and 10 weeks. the only issue you may have is injecting yourself everyday for a period of 12 weeks... however if you enjoy the injections as i do, longer cycles aren't a big deal...just my 2cents though

erokyrwrld

erokyrwrld

Awards
People usually run it shorter because ed shots are simply a pain in the ass (literally and figuratively). Also, in my experience, nothing causes scar tissue build-up quicker than ed shots of prop. I hate poking through the grizzle.

witt51

witt51

Awards
  • Established
also prop has a faster "kick-in" time. so thats why some runit shorter peroids also.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
keep it to 8 weeks. u'll get tired of pinning ed or even eod ...why not use a longer ester if u want to run a 12 weeker?

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Awards
People usually run it shorter because ed shots are simply a pain in the ass (literally and figuratively). Also, in my experience, nothing causes scar tissue build-up quicker than ed shots of prop. I hate poking through the grizzle.

So even if you don't mind the injections, you can still be causing scar tissue build up by going 12 weeks ? What if you only hit each injection spot once every 6-8 days ?

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Awards
But there's no question you'll better gains running it for 12 weeks instead of 8 , right ?

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
The reason most people run propionate for shorter cycles is twofold...the first reason is that since it has the shortest ester (suspension has no ester) that you get a real quick start after your injections begin....the second reason is that even if you chose EOD injects, you're gonna tire real quickly of the sticks....12 weeks is on the longer end, but I wouldnt recommend against it....

holyintellect

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Awards
So far the only reasons I'm hearing not to run prop that long are subjective claims like injections become very annoying and kind of painful. But are there any substantive reasons like that your gains begin to slow down around the 8 week mark, or that you can do damage to your skin tissue, etc ?

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
scar tissue build-up might eventually be an issue....just make sure to rotate injection sites

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
do you think hitting each injection site every 6 days is enough of a rotation ?
I used to go delt, delt, glute, glute, repeat. So it was every 8 days. When i was doing ed i would do delt, delt, quad, quad, glute, glute, pec, pec. Every day is not needed.

erokyrwrld

erokyrwrld

Awards
Scar tissue arises from two sources, the actual penetration of the injection and the abrasiveness of the substance injected. The first source is clear, the more shots you do, the more scar tissue regardless of what you're injecting. Using a smaller needle helps, but will not prevent it entirely.

The second source come from both solvent content and crystallization potential of the substance injected. For example, prop is especially brutal because it require a high content of BA to hold in solution (BA causes necrosis) and will crystallize within hours after injecting. The crystals tear the muscle tissue upon each contraction, which (combined with the BA) is the reason prop is painful. More tissue tearing = more scar tissue.

Rotation of injection sites does not prevent scar tissue, only evenly disperses it.

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
my past few runs with prop consisted of delt, delt, tricep,tricep, quad, quad...and occasionally qlutes..this seemed to work well and minimize injection site pain

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Awards
I just want to be clear, the only negative effects of running prop for 12 weeks is the damage done to your skin tissue, but there is no reason to believe that your gains will significantly slow down, right ?

isoc

Awards
  • Established
gains wont slow any different than they would for any other test ester. Many use prop to jumpstart a longer test cycle while concurrently running a longer ester, like cyp or enanthate, the first month or so, then drop the prop when the longer ester starts to kick in. As far as sides go, have ancillaries handy, you are correct in that prop will clear the system faster, but if you already have a problem, you will need the ancillaries anyways.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The second source come from both solvent content and crystallization potential of the substance injected. For example, prop is especially brutal because it require a high content of BA to hold in solution (BA causes necrosis) and will crystallize within hours after injecting. The crystals tear the muscle tissue upon each contraction, which (combined with the BA) is the reason prop is painful. More tissue tearing = more scar tissue.

Rotation of injection sites does not prevent scar tissue, only evenly disperses it.
You can hold prop in a 2/20 BA/BB solution fine which is also commonly what longer ester tests are brewed in. So its really more dependent on YOUR test.

Other than that I agree...

dkkon1

dkkon1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Prop is alot easier for me to get ahold of, so my next cycle will be:

Test-Prop - 75mg/ED - Wks 1-15
EQ - 450mg/Wk - Wks 1-13
Tren- A - 40mg/ED - Wks 10-15