H-drol & alcohol

jock19

Awards
Before you get the wrong idea - I am NOT drinking on cycle!

I'm currently in my second week of my cycle and was planning 4 - 5 weeks on. Currently on 50mg a day and considering upping my doses to 75mg on Sunday (day 1 of week 3). I gather that the magic happens in weeks 4 & 5. Here is the problem...

A good friend of mine is leaving work on the 11th of July and is having a big leaving do. Basically, I will be drinking then. As much as I kid myself I might not but the end of my 5 weeks will be the 13th. 2 days later. Obviously I can't drink while on H-drol (or I would be reckless to do so).

When should I stop taking hdrol? E.g. if I stop on the 9th that gives me 4 weeks & 3 days on cycle, then a couple of days before booze. Is that ok? Can I push it to stopping the day before or should I stop and the end of week 4?

JonLanni

Awards
Dont change ur intake of hdrol bc of one day of boozing. i recommend drinking lots of water after u have ur last booz.

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
My personal experience why i had to stop.....but also a couple other factors came into play.
A) wasn't eating enough
B) boozed a friday and saturday night, and quite a bit Saturday.

The result...got very very sick. Lethargic, white dookie, liver enzymes tripled.

In all honesty, I wouldn't drink. Stop at 4 weeks if you want to drink, continue your liver support.

OR...be very careful, and maybe only have 2 or 3 beers, and not get sh!tfaced

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
dont drink period even during your PCT. If you knew this going away party was coming then why would you start you cycle? its pointless the way i see it.

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
yeah don't drink at all. I am going july and august PCT, and no alcohol and lots of food.

jock19

Awards
It came out of the blue. I worked my cycle backwards from a friends stag do in August which is why I started when I did.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
if it's just one night and you keep it under control, you will be fine... don't get bombed, and kill a 1/2 gallon or more of water after you last drink, and b4 you hit the sheets

LatsRus

LatsRus

Awards
extra milk thistle, extra NAC, extra antioxidants and Vit.C, extra hydrated, try this - drink gatorade after every drink you have, and drink the same amount. so if you have a 4oz shot, drink 4oz of gatorade, and if you have a 40oz beer, have 40oz of gatorade before your next drink. should help you drink less caz ull be full, and stay more hydrated.

dont get trashed, and if you wake up and your eyes are yellow , go to the hospital!

jock19

Awards
Cheers guys. I was planning on stopping the cycle before the night. I am happy to sacrifice a few days on cycle if it will avoid any probs. I was just wondering if that would make much difference

Ace5high

Ace5high

Awards
My personal experience why i had to stop.....but also a couple other factors came into play.
A) wasn't eating enough
B) boozed a friday and saturday night, and quite a bit Saturday.

The result...got very very sick. Lethargic, white dookie, liver enzymes tripled.

In all honesty, I wouldn't drink. Stop at 4 weeks if you want to drink, continue your liver support.

OR...be very careful, and maybe only have 2 or 3 beers, and not get sh!tfaced

Whoa!... Is H-Drol really that harsh on the system/liver or is that primarily a result of the booze??

I know its a methyl, but Ive heard it compared to like weak t-bol ...

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
Whoa!... Is H-Drol really that harsh on the system/liver or is that primarily a result of the booze??

I know its a methyl, but Ive heard it compared to like weak t-bol ...
anything can be bad if you don't use it right, and that was my fault for drinking a bit , well, too much, one weekend.

do it right or don't do it.:dance:

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
u could do other drugs besides alcohol to enjoy urself

If you really want to drink or drug you should not be running steriods it not that long of a period to wait till your finished:frustrate

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you really want to drink or drug you should not be running steriods it not that long of a period to wait till your finished:frustrate
I agree 100%!

I don't know why so many of these type of threads are popping up lately, but frankly it's really disturbing.

jock19

Awards
I agree 100%!

I don't know why so many of these type of threads are popping up lately, but frankly it's really disturbing.
This is a bit of a rant...

What is disturbing is that no one actually responds to the question in hand but prefer to jump in and imply all sorts.

My initial post was about stopping my cycle before drinking. To rephrase it another way, if I stopped at the end of the 4th week, would nearly a week of after the cycle be ok to have a couple of drinks that Friday. Somehow that was read as me drinking while taking h-drol. Personally, i'm not sure how that connection was made.

I was not talking about drinking on the cycle but if you want to jump in with comments without considering the question, be my guest.

As far as it goes, H-drol isn't that harsh on the liver but that is not to say I am drinking before evryone gets excited and carried away again so I was asking how long I would need to be off h-drol before I could have a beer.

I planned the full cycle (12 weeks) at a time when I would not drink, but social events have arisen in the meantime. I can't be the first person that has happened to.

Thanks to the few that actually gathered that point. I don't mean to be difficult as the advice given is usually very helpful. Its not like I am stacking m-drol with m1t and a crate of beer.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
after your pct is done. and im pretty sure to some peeps PH+pct=cycle. Your cycle is not over til PCT is over. IMO

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
after your pct is done. and im pretty sure to some peeps PH+pct=cycle. Your cycle is not over til PCT is over. IMO
Very true. Many of the SERMs used in PCT are just as hepatoxic as the actual AAS used. That being said, 1 night is not going to kill you and, if you decide to do it, then take extra precautions such as more liver support, electrolytes, and additional water. I used to take a triple dose of SesaThin with 32 oz of water/Poseidon with a rather large meal before I went out to the bars.

jock19

Awards
I would consider pct as part of the cycle, I meant while taking hdrol. Bad use of terms on my part.

I'm going to end my hdrol after 4 weeks and start PCT. I will drink as little as possible that Friday night (and not again during PCT etc) and take precautions. I would prefer not to drink at all but the circumstances really dictate otherwise.

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
yeah PCT is def part of the cycle. You blow your pct, you lose your gains.

Anyways, how is the cycle going so far?

jock19

Awards
I haven't noticed too much yet. May have gained a pound or 2 but my weight is fluctuating. Saying that, I felt much stronger in the gym last night and shifted some heavier than normal weight i.e. added about 10 kgs to my deadlift. Felt quite sharp while training too.

I may be leaning out slightly, but that seems to change on a daily basis. Nothing particularly visible yet.

I'm hoping to see it kick in this week coming (during wk 3). What are your thought on increasing the dose to 75 in week 3? Everyone seems to have a different approach. 50 might work for me without needing to go to 75. But if 75 is needed I don't want to wast my time! Big decisions.

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
From what I have read, 75 mg is the way to go from weeks 3 on. Personally, I have just enough left for 33 days. First 14 are 50mg a day, then upping to 75mg a day. Everyone says it kicks in the 3rd and 4th weeks.

My opinion, definitely bump up the dose.

pdigs

I agree 100%!

because most steriod users are drug users as well. most of the time a user will experiment with other drugs before eventually trying steroids.... at first, people refuse to try recreational drugs based on fear. once the fear barrier is broken with trying a few rec drugs, it is not uncommon for people who workout alot to venture in steroid use. seen it happen a million times being involved in drug rehabilitation

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
because most steriod users are drug users as well. most of the time a user will experiment with other drugs before eventually trying steroids.... at first, people refuse to try recreational drugs based on fear. once the fear barrier is broken with trying a few rec drugs, it is not uncommon for people who workout alot to venture in steroid use. seen it happen a million times being involved in drug rehabilitation

That is the most stupid statement I have heard in a while. Where is your info coming from that most steriod users are drug users as well:aargh:

pdigs

That is the most stupid statement I have heard in a while. Where is your info coming from that most steriod users are drug users as well:aargh:
im not saying we're all drug addicts...although i guess u could say that because anabolics are infact drugs. however thats a never ending argument. but besides the point, every person i ever knew that did steroids had done other drugs as well... nobody is gonna stick themselves with a needle if theyve never experimented around with other sh!t... no way

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im not saying we're all drug addicts...although i guess u could say that because anabolics are infact drugs. however thats a never ending argument. but besides the point, every person i ever knew that did steroids had done other drugs as well... nobody is gonna stick themselves with a needle if theyve never experimented around with other sh!t... no way

That the key here people you know do other drugs to make a general statement based on your life style id just wrong period

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I seriously had to read that twice just to be sure you actually said that.......lol - Wow man.

How in the h*ll can you justify a statment in which you generalize that all people that use AAS are/were also medicinal drug addicts as well?

I'm not trying to bash you bud, but i completely agree with pembroke on this one. This is clearly the most retarded statement i've read in a long time......

Last edited:

pdigs

That the key here people you know do other drugs to make a general statement based on your life style id just wrong period
yes well my lifestyle does involve "people" in general. so yes it is a judgement call using generlization and im making it, so sew me. i guarantee if u wanna bring it down to percentages... how many steroid users are drug users vs not drug users, i will be correct by a mile. i would put my life on that

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yes well my lifestyle does involve "people" in general. so yes it is a judgement call using generlization and im making it, so sew me. i guarantee if u wanna bring it down to percentages... how many steroid users are drug users vs not drug users, i will be correct by a mile. i would put my life on that
You got nothing better to do than just making stupid statements which have no proof behind them I would just keep them to yourself because we do not really want to hear about your druggie friends:fool2:

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
i guarantee if u wanna bring it down to percentages... how many steroid users are drug users vs not drug users, i will be correct by a mile. i would put my life on that
I would actually bet on that one also. I've seen lots of posts here by users indicating other recreational drug activity (minus alcohol). Be it amphetamines, stimulants, marijuana, etc.

I'd have to agree with pdigs on a level. However, there is a difference among drug user percentage between oral steroid users and injectable steroid users. I find the injectable steroid users to have made a "leap of faith" to pin themselves, along with using other drugs more frequently than someone running a havoc or h-drol cycle.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would actually bet on that one also. I've seen lots of posts here by users indicating other recreational drug activity (minus alcohol). Be it amphetamines, stimulants, marijuana, etc.

I'd have to agree with pdigs on a level. However, there is a difference among drug user percentage between oral steroid users and injectable steroid users. I find the injectable steroid users to have made a "leap of faith" to pin themselves, along with using other drugs more frequently than someone running a havoc or h-drol cycle.
I still find this statement to be based on someones opinion with no facts to back it up except people he knows which should tell you something.

pdigs

I still find this statement to be based on someones opinion with no facts to back it up except people he knows which should tell you something.
any opinion, statement, or answer to a steroid question in a steroid forum is going to be generalization to some extent or another... u know why? because everyones body chemsitry is unique. nothing can be 100% mr. pembroke. if ur going to rely on straight guaranteed facts then stick to the math equations... otherwise save me the retorical bullsh!t. please

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
I disagree, an opinion is different than quasi-facts based on interaction with individuals with body building as a basis of discussion. I feel that if people were truly honest in a poll here, the stats would show that many people who use or have used injectable steroids have not used that as their first or only "drug" (excluding the typical drugs like caffeine, alcohol, tylenol etc).

By the way, i'm looking forward to using your on cycle support in a bit. The chocolate didn't smell like chocolate, hope the taste is better than the smell :p.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I disagree, an opinion is different than quasi-facts based on interaction with individuals with body building as a basis of discussion. I feel that if people were truly honest in a poll here, the stats would show that many people who use or have used injectable steroids have not used that as their first or only "drug" (excluding the typical drugs like caffeine, alcohol, tylenol etc).

By the way, i'm looking forward to using your on cycle support in a bit. The chocolate didn't smell like chocolate, hope the taste is better than the smell :p.

If it is the new batch the taste has gotten better.

jock19

Awards
Personally, i've never tried any recreational stuff. Never even smoked a cigarette. IMO I reckon people that take AAS are less likely to take other stuff as they tend to be people trying to build their bodies, not destroy them. Saying that, I only know one dude that has taken AAS'.

FYI I upped my hdrol to 75 yesterday. Hoping for some significant increases soon. I have been hovering around 180-184 pounds now for the first 2 weeks. Hoping the next 2 weeks reap dividends.

I don't know if my scales are messing with me, but I have potentially added about 4 pounds but sometimes I weigh in at only +1. I think im looking better in the mirror though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 7
LG Sciences 16
Anabolics 11
qwerty33 Anabolics 41
Cycle Logs 8