What happens to oral steroids the first week?

Rabidpanda25

Rabidpanda25

Awards
Ok, so I'm going into day 4 of my m-drol/trenadrol cycle, and I'm just starting to notice some fullness and a little strength increase, but quite a bit of increased stamina. But of course, it won't be for a few more days before I really notice the strength gains, and probably a week and a half before the culmulative effects of the increased growth and protein synthesis starts to show.

So I've been wondering, why exactly does it take a full week for orals to kick in? Even with d-bol, no matter how much you take during the first week, its not til day 5 or later that you really begin to notice something going on. Does your body have to somehow adjust to the new chemicals trying to activate in your body? Do the new molecules have to wait for old testosterone to fall off receptors before they can bind and activate? I'm sure there's a practical explanation for why you don't see super increased muscle growth from day 1.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok, so I'm going into day 4 of my m-drol/trenadrol cycle, and I'm just starting to notice some fullness and a little strength increase, but quite a bit of increased stamina. But of course, it won't be for a few more days before I really notice the strength gains, and probably a week and a half before the culmulative effects of the increased growth and protein synthesis starts to show.

So I've been wondering, why exactly does it take a full week for orals to kick in? Even with d-bol, no matter how much you take during the first week, its not til day 5 or later that you really begin to notice something going on. Does your body have to somehow adjust to the new chemicals trying to activate in your body? Do the new molecules have to wait for old testosterone to fall off receptors before they can bind and activate? I'm sure there's a practical explanation for why you don't see super increased muscle growth from day 1.
Well this is a good question but the problem is there are about a million answers! For one thing it takes a few days for the increased protein storage/glycogen storage to accumulate to the point that you will notice it. BUT the more important answer and the answer most accountable for what you are describing is that since aas/ph/ps are lipid based/steroid hormones that are actually transported through the cell membrane to activate the nucleus it takes some time for the secondary processes to "ramp up". What is actually occuring is that the steroid hormone is activating the DNA/RNA in the nucleus which is then coding for all sorts of other processes and changes in cells throughout the body. As you can imagine these changes start to occur from the first dosage but it takes some time for all the secondary and tertiary processes to ramp up and begin to effectivly make noticable changes.

Mr.50

P4D2A022

P4D2A022

Awards
  • Established
interesting thread! great response too bro

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
People are different and the compounds are different.

With Phera Plex, my weight started shooting up immediately, i gained like 7 pounds in the first week even though i had no real strength increases. Then my weightgain slowed down and the strength started picking up.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
People are different and the compounds are different.

With Phera Plex, my weight started shooting up immediately, i gained like 7 pounds in the first week even though i had no real strength increases. Then my weightgain slowed down and the strength started picking up.

This is a very good point too! Each individual is going to have slightly different response times to each compound and each individual's different body systems will respond differently to any given compound. This means that not only will the response to each compound differ from person to person but some effects/side effects will come on sooner then others for each person too! With the above example the immediate increase in weight without an immediate increase in strength would correlate with a sensitivity to the efects of Phera related to glycogen storage (carbo and water) and estrogenic conversion (water weight).

Mr.50

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mr.50 is dead on. Most oral steroids have a half life of no more than a few hours. So technically the steroids have done thier job, there isnt a build up of oral steroids in the system like injectables with long esters. The steroids are working from minute one, you just arent noticing the changes for a week or so.

Adams