Why I hate Max Muscle.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
So, I didn't really realize this for a couple of years until just yesterday.

Check this ridiculous story out, it makes me want to go into Max Muscle by where I live and trash the entire f*cking store.

So I started working out like 4 years ago (on the regular... I worked out before but not anything too dedicated) and started using supplements immediately. I got suckered into the whole BSN/Muscletech(more like musclesh*t) companies and ran creatine aakg etc. So I was one of those kids reading the muscle mags, and decided to try a natty test booster. I was looking into trib (I am 20 yrs old at the time btw, about 165 lbs and 18 percent bodyfat... not in good shape). So I walk into the Max Muscle across the street from my gym and start talking to the owner. He goes, "Sure trib works, but if you really want to grow try this, it's what all the military guys are using around here..." (I live really close to Camp Penalton) and goes ahead and shows me this bottle of stuff. He goes "We have limited stock so I'll sell it to you right now if you want." I asked him how much it was, and he said $100. Well, I live in CA, and we have sales tax here, so nothing is just a round number that is legitimately for sale. Even then it seemed shady to me, and I decide not to spend 100 bucks at the time (thank christ) and leave the store. I ended up running vitrix or some other BS test booster... but thank god I did.

So I was searching around the Designers on the net just for sh*ts and grins, just reading because I was board. And here I come across the bottle the guy was trying to sell me... I never could remember what it was until I finally found it on the net. It was SciFit's H4 (a halodrol 50 clone). THAT MOTHERF*CKER. That son of a ***** was trying to sell me goddamn designers when I asked about trib, I had NO Idea what a methylated compound was, what a PCT was, Didn't know what a SERM was, and he had no intention of telling me. Not only that, he was gonna charge me f*cking double?! Probably pocket 50 bucks of it and let me get gyno.

It took me four years to realize what that ******* had almost done to me. (I am gonna run Hdrol in the future, but I am much older, in much better shape, know my routine and diet, and am ready for PCT.)

So if any of you Max Muscle employees are down for doing this to kids for a quick buck... Go **** yourselves. I hate you and hope you all have shrunken testicals and grow b*tch t*ts.

I am gonna go find out if that ******* still works there and have a little chat with him...

Anyway, to you young guys, watch out for snakes like this guy, and trust the experience of people who arn't making money off you.

N

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
thats not max muscle themselves, the store is a franchise, its just like an owner of a gnc. my dad worked with max muscle for a while, and guys like joe wells, frank and a few others that ran the company and worked in corporate were really good guys. i wouldnt blame the company themselves that that happened, just the ******* that ran the franchise.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
thats not max muscle themselves, the store is a franchise, its just like an owner of a gnc. my dad worked with max muscle for a while, and guys like joe wells, frank and a few others that ran the company and worked in corporate were really good guys. i wouldnt blame the company themselves that that happened, just the ******* that ran the franchise.
You're right, your right. I shouldn't have been so broad.

G

Goat

Awards
So, I didn't really realize this for a couple of years until just yesterday.

Check this ridiculous story out, it makes me want to go into Max Muscle by where I live and trash the entire f*cking store.

So I started working out like 4 years ago (on the regular... I worked out before but not anything too dedicated) and started using supplements immediately. I got suckered into the whole BSN/Muscletech(more like musclesh*t) companies and ran creatine aakg etc. So I was one of those kids reading the muscle mags, and decided to try a natty test booster. I was looking into trib (I am 20 yrs old at the time btw, about 165 lbs and 18 percent bodyfat... not in good shape). So I walk into the Max Muscle across the street from my gym and start talking to the owner. He goes, "Sure trib works, but if you really want to grow try this, it's what all the military guys are using around here..." (I live really close to Camp Penalton) and goes ahead and shows me this bottle of stuff. He goes "We have limited stock so I'll sell it to you right now if you want." I asked him how much it was, and he said $100. Well, I live in CA, and we have sales tax here, so nothing is just a round number that is legitimately for sale. Even then it seemed shady to me, and I decide not to spend 100 bucks at the time (thank christ) and leave the store. I ended up running vitrix or some other BS test booster... but thank god I did.

So I was searching around the Designers on the net just for sh*ts and grins, just reading because I was board. And here I come across the bottle the guy was trying to sell me... I never could remember what it was until I finally found it on the net. It was SciFit's H4 (a halodrol 50 clone). THAT MOTHERF*CKER. That son of a ***** was trying to sell me goddamn designers when I asked about trib, I had NO Idea what a methylated compound was, what a PCT was, Didn't know what a SERM was, and he had no intention of telling me. Not only that, he was gonna charge me f*cking double?! Probably pocket 50 bucks of it and let me get gyno.

It took me four years to realize what that ******* had almost done to me. (I am gonna run Hdrol in the future, but I am much older, in much better shape, know my routine and diet, and am ready for PCT.)

So if any of you Max Muscle employees are down for doing this to kids for a quick buck... Go **** yourselves. I hate you and hope you all have shrunken testicals and grow b*tch t*ts.

I am gonna go find out if that ******* still works there and have a little chat with him...

Anyway, to you young guys, watch out for snakes like this guy, and trust the experience of people who arn't making money off you.
My 1st cycle for me and 2 other friends (1 used 4AD us other 2 got 19Nor4AD) was from a MAX MOOSCLE store in SoCal....I was 19 years old, one friend was 20 and the other 21. We had NO idea.

We didn't even ask about it the guy just sold us on it when we went to get some protein.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
You're right, your right. I shouldn't have been so broad.
You talking about the max muscle across the street from the small theater near the beach? I walked in there one day and walked right out after I noticed the prices of everything.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
You talking about the max muscle across the street from the small theater near the beach? I walked in there one day and walked right out after I noticed the prices of everything.
Wait...where you guys from? Funny you mention SoCal I live in San Diego County. I was talking about the max muscle in oceanside... pretty close to the beach, right across from the old theater. I am confused if you are talking to me or Goat though.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
And yea Max Muscle is WAAAAY overpriced. I just order from nutraplanet now, but when I shopped at brick and mortar stores I was a patron of vitamin shoppe, they had at least one person who could tell me what was up with the products that they had.

BlackSheep

BlackSheep

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is why you HAVE to do your own research people!!! Luckily you didn't buy that sht!! What a douche, lesson learn though hu?

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Nevber listen to the salesman. I have heard so many outrageous "facts" about products from salesman at GNC's, VShoppe's, everywhere. It is infuriating. Saw a guy buying a phera clone and liquid creatine the other day from a 105 lb 50 year old Indian guy in some bs store the other day for $130. The kid may have been 17. The store guy had no clue what he was selling. Said the phera clone was another form of creatine. I thought about interjecting, but the kid was determined to buy it and left before I could say anything. These guys do not give a **** about your health whatsoever.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
This is why you HAVE to do your own research people!!! Luckily you didn't buy that sht!! What a douche, lesson learn though hu?
Yep, that's pretty much why I posted my story. I didn't have a clue then, and it didn't even occur to me until I had been doing my research.

Unfortunately, I didn't research at the time because it wasn't what I was looking for at the time. THAT is the real problem, selling people products that they don't even ask for. If he was like: "These are designer steroids..." I would have cut him off there. I didn't want to cycle at the time, the notion didn't arise for a long time.

I have yet to run a Methylated PH BTW. I am going to after the summer, and I feel that I have enough knowledge at this point in time to have a safe and successful run, but I am not gonna stop researching the subject EVER. Education is the key to keeping yourself safe, growing, and healthy in this crazy lifestyle we lead.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Wait...where you guys from? Funny you mention SoCal I live in San Diego County. I was talking about the max muscle in oceanside... pretty close to the beach, right across from the old theater. I am confused if you are talking to me or Goat though.

Yepp that would be the one. There's a quiznos, tattoo shop and like a thousand places to cut your hair. There's a Mexican restaurant, kinda hole in the wall that is outstanding. It's kinda hidden and it's not one that you would know by name or anything.

I don't live there I was stationed in Camp Pendleton for about a year.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Yepp that would be the one. There's a quiznos, tattoo shop and like a thousand places to cut your hair. There's a Mexican restaurant, kinda hole in the wall that is outstanding. It's kinda hidden and it's not one that you would know by name or anything.

I don't live there I was stationed in Camp Pendleton for about a year.
I dunno if we are talking about the same one actually. I think you are talking about downtown O'side, and the Mexican food place is called Calima's. I was talking about the Max Muscle across from 24 hour fitness on El Camino Real, across the parking lot from Target... it's like 5 minutes from the beach.

G

Goat

Awards
My 1st cycle for me and 2 other friends (one used 4AD me and the other guy got 19Nor4AD) was from a MAX MOOSCLE store in SoCal....I was 19 years old, one friend was 20 and the other 21. We had NO idea.

We didn't even ask about it the guy just sold us on it when we went to get some protein.
I was talking about the old MM that is gone that was in Mission Beach under the Power House gym.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
my first time looking into PH's, i asked the owner of a local gym/supp store what i should take AFTER i took the pills. he told me some milk thistle and tribulus was all i needed.....for a methyldrol (essentially superdrol) cycle! yeah, tribulus makes everything better.

i saw that guy the other day and just smiled at him as i passed by on a day drive. i won't be a bad person and hit him with my car.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
my first time looking into PH's, i asked the owner of a local gym/supp store what i should take AFTER i took the pills. he told me some milk thistle and tribulus was all i needed.....for a methyldrol (essentially superdrol) cycle! yeah, tribulus makes everything better.

i saw that guy the other day and just smiled at him as i passed by on a day drive. i won't be a bad person and hit him with my car.
:toofunny: