Epi day 16

Piph05

Awards
Just started my 16th day of epistane and my weight has been fluctuating between 189-191, i havent gained a pound. I am eating about 3000 cals a day. I ran it at 20mg the first week and 30mg the 2nd week, now a couple days ago i just started 40mg. I feel slightly stronger on some exercises but nothing great. Am i being impatient, or should it have kicked in more by now? I really dont feel like im on anything, maybe i expected too much.

ezza

Awards
  • Established
when in doubt up your calories.. i think sometimes people get a little caught up on how much protein they are eating and forget if calories aren't high enough all that protein will be used for energy and not muscle building..... how do you feel the day after a hard workout? they only way i know if something is working for me is based on recovery time... i don't really get the on feeling that people talk of

Piph05

Awards
I feel good the day after a hard workout, very little soreness

ezza

Awards
  • Established
yeah man i'd try eating a little more... you've got like 15lbs on me and i try to aim for 4000 cal on cycle.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
For what it's worth, I weigh about the same as you and I saw the best results above 40mgs. Actually, I was sitting at 50 for 2 or 3 weeks. So you may want to try that. And def up your cals, 3000 is barely maintenance for someone your size.

Piph05

Awards
Thanks for the responses, looks like ill up the cals these last 12 days and see what happens, maybe ill try throwing in some dirty foods.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Dont up the dose. You'l just waste the EPi. Its your food intake thats screwing you over. Get in at least 4000 calories if not more. Maybe you have a fast metabolism but if your not gaining on 3000 then it makes no sense in staying at 3000 does it?

Piph05

Awards
Ill try for 4k for the remainder of the cycle. Ill get my regular clean 3k cals and then eat whatever for the rest.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Its so easy to start the day straight up on a 1,000 cal shake. Use your whey, oats, banana, olive oil, possibly peanut butter and there you have it. Easy.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Im on day 11 of epi/furaz and it hasnt kicked in at all, started eating 4000-4250cals but dropping to 3500-3750cals because I was gaining fat too fast. Im 195lb and gain weight easily (maintenance at about 2750) I think epi just takes a while to kick i (Im running it at 30/30/30/40)

thehazzle

Awards
EAT MORE i wasnt gaining weight til i upped my carbs, now im up 3-5lbs day 15

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Im on day 11 of epi/furaz and it hasnt kicked in at all, started eating 4000-4250cals but dropping to 3500-3750cals because I was gaining fat too fast. Im 195lb and gain weight easily (maintenance at about 2750) I think epi just takes a while to kick i (Im running it at 30/30/30/40)
Seriously, try upping that dose. Epi is pretty dang mild, and you'll see a lot better gains at a higher dose.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
what is your cycle experience man? That makes a big difference in your doses imo. If this is your first then just up your cals.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Seriously, try upping that dose. Epi is pretty dang mild, and you'll see a lot better gains at a higher dose.

its only my first cycle and im stacking it with furaz at 200mg (and up to 250mg week 4) and i only have one bottle of epi, and live in the UK so cant get anymore quickly. Ideally i think its ridiculous some people run it at 10-20mg. If i had enough i would run it 30-40/40/40/40-50

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
its only my first cycle and im stacking it with furaz at 200mg (and up to 250mg week 4) and i only have one bottle of epi, and live in the UK so cant get anymore quickly. Ideally i think its ridiculous some people run it at 10-20mg. If i had enough i would run it 30-40/40/40/40-50
Yeah, since it's with furaz it should be fine, and since it's your first cycle, and since it's only day 11.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, since it's with furaz it should be fine, and since it's your first cycle, and since it's only day 11.

yeah, im not too worried yet. Pre cycle i expected that i would be experiencing these "insane pumps" by this date, but i havent yet. If things havent started to get going this time next week i might start to worry :D

I seem to be a non -responder to every non-hormonal supp I have tried and have a high tolerance to alcohol, stims, etc so I kinda expected it would take higher than average doses and take longer than average:)

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
if you weigh 190, your maintenance cals should be something of a 2800 or so. you're only a bit above maintenance. and when you're "ON", you have a lot of opportunity to repair/stack a lot of potential muscle. your little construction workers inside need fuel, though. so feed em'. i'd up your caloric intake to 3500-3700 of all QUALITY stuff. don't just eat your 3000 cals and two packs of twinkies and hope for the best. cram a few sweet potatoes, a few tbsp's of p.b., and a chicken breast or two extra down that gullet of yours and then you'll be better maybe.

LatsRus

LatsRus

Awards
im on my third and last week of epi before i switch to 2 weeks of d-drol, and i, like yourself , didnt see my weight going up the first week and a half. it wasnt until i upped my fat intake a bit and added some more carbs that i started getting much better pumps and seein the weight go up. ive gained 5lbs so far, but my strength has really gone up, ive also put on a little bit of fat from uppin the cals, epi is alright. i also upped my dose from 30 to 40, and noticed a huge difference in the gym when i took 20mg's 45 mins before, alot more energy and endurance and aggression and pump. now im doin 50 the last few days and it is even better than 40 although im getting a few headaches here and there. im swtichn to d-drol in hopes that i can gain some more weight, im hopn 10lbs, and finish the cycle most solidly. just an idea for yourself as well.

Piph05

Awards
what is your cycle experience man? That makes a big difference in your doses imo. If this is your first then just up your cals.
I took Jungle Warfare last summer before anyone knew there was a steroid in it, so i guess this would be my second, im not really sure what JW is even considered.

Piph05

Awards
if you weigh 190, your maintenance cals should be something of a 2800 or so. you're only a bit above maintenance. and when you're "ON", you have a lot of opportunity to repair/stack a lot of potential muscle. your little construction workers inside need fuel, though. so feed em'. i'd up your caloric intake to 3500-3700 of all QUALITY stuff. don't just eat your 3000 cals and two packs of twinkies and hope for the best. cram a few sweet potatoes, a few tbsp's of p.b., and a chicken breast or two extra down that gullet of yours and then you'll be better maybe.
Lol, i just mentioned dirty food because i wanted an excuse to try out this new burger place that just opened. I am definately going to up my cals these last 12 days and hope for the best.

I was hoping to get 10 pounds out of this cycle, would that be possible in 12 days if i start eating enough? Or is it going to be alot less, right now i really just want some sort of weight gain even if its not 10.

thehazzle

Awards
id say do it, i didnt gain at all til i started eating a bit dirty. added 2-3 hiit sessions a week and bf levels seem constant but adding weight.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i gained less than 5lbs on epi for 8 weeks...great at recomp tho i dont see it as a big mass builder. For you i would say up the cals like my homeboy austrailian said, just make a homemade shake you can get 1000 cals with that.

Awards
Definitely sounds like your diet needs a little adjusting. Don't be afraid to eat carbs, just remember to eat them at the right time. Try to comsume your complex carbs in the morning, and eat your simple carbs before and after your training.

While using epi you should have increased recover abilities, so use this feature to your advantage. Try lifiting heavier and increase the intensity of your routine (decrease the time it takes to complete a determined volume).

I'm on week 6 of my epi cycle and i'm currently up 12 pounds. From my experience, the best gains were between weeks 2-4 while running at 40mg.

I've been crazy hungry the entire time i've been using epi, to the point where i'm thinking about food constantly. Despite this, my gains have been really lean and I almost can't tell that i am 12 pounds heavier.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, eat up. Epi gave me the ability to eat like a horse and still lean up. Looking back I wish I had upped my calories earlier. Eat up man, you'll be happy you did.

Piph05

Awards
Figured i would let you guys know that i just finished 4 weeks of epi today and my final weight was 197. I feel like im still gaining though, would it be worth it to extend the cycle another 2 weeks? I have a friend who has an unopened epi bottle, should i buy it off of him and continue the cycle? Or should i just stop while im ahead and give my body a break? Do the gains usually just slow down after 4 weeks?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Figured i would let you guys know that i just finished 4 weeks of epi today and my final weight was 197. I feel like im still gaining though, would it be worth it to extend the cycle another 2 weeks? I have a friend who has an unopened epi bottle, should i buy it off of him and continue the cycle? Or should i just stop while im ahead and give my body a break? Do the gains usually just slow down after 4 weeks?
In my experience, yes, the gains generally tend to slow after about 4 weeks.

Rock Head

Awards
As far as the cals go - figure out what your goal weight is by the end of your cycle and start eating like a person that weight would have to eat to maintain then add 500cals. If its a clean diet then you can continue to follow it during PCT since hopefully you will reach your goal and stay within a couple pounds.
The dosage on Epi is pretty good at 20/30/40/40 and I am not expert but some have run longer.

redd26

redd26

Awards
I 2nd this I ran Epi for 6 weeks and didnt start seeing gains untill week 4 when i hit 40. I ran weeks 5 and 6 at 40 and gains were good. I was thinking of kicking up the dose to 50 or so but i figured on a 6 week cycle it was best to stay at 40 since i started making size and strength gains. My metabolism is pretty high also so i was taking in about 4-5000 calories a day. It wasn't the cleanest diet but i really wanted the calories. Despite the dirty bulk a still remained about 8-9 percent BF, at 190.