HELP - Keeping Lean on a Bulk Using Steroids

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Hi, Im currently running epi/furaz on a lean bulk, eating around 4000cals so far. I gain weight easily and I am a bit over a week into the cycle. It hasn't "kicked in" yet and I have gained weight (+6lb), which I think is mostly fat.

I am currently at 192lbs @ 15%bf, endo/meso.

I am going to drop the calories to around 3250 (~325g protein, ~325g carbs, ~80g fat).

I also want to add in cardio 2-3 times per week, low intensity for around 30-40mins.

(1) Do you see this affecting the amount of muscle mass I would gain HUGELY???

(2) Also what about the addition of albuterol in PCT?

Thanks in advanced.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
That sounds fine. Be sure and do your cardio right after weights.. this is the best way to avoid hampering your recovery with the addition of cardio.

I don't know much about alubuterol. Sorry.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
That sounds fine. Be sure and do your cardio right after weights.. this is the best way to avoid hampering your recovery with the addition of cardio.

I don't know much about alubuterol. Sorry.

Thanks ozarkaBRAND for the quick response! After the weight session should I take a shake before the cardio or after? (As you can tell I'm not a cardio bunny and usually cut using diet only!!)

Alb is sorta like clen just more mild. Thought might help keep bf% down whilst on PCT.

Thanks

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I'd just go for after. In total, with weights and cardio, 1.5 hours is a good length to spend in the gym.

Are you taking in any sort of during-workout shake? Also, what does your post-workout shake consist of?

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
I'd just go for after. In total, with weights and cardio, 1.5 hours is a good length to spend in the gym.

Are you taking in any sort of during-workout shake? Also, what does your post-workout shake consist of?

I dont really use intraworkout shakes, somtimes drink iSatori H-Blocker during workouts, just because it has carbs in it and I have a tub lying around :D

Post workout I have a whey isolate protein shake (50g protein, 4g carbs, 4g fat) straight after workout, then go home prepare a high carb meal (wholemeal pasta or rice usually). The post workout meal is eaten within an hour of finishing my workout.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I dont really use intraworkout shakes, somtimes drink iSatori H-Blocker during workouts, just because it has carbs in it and I have a tub lying around :D

Post workout I have a whey isolate protein shake (50g protein, 4g carbs, 4g fat) straight after workout, then go home prepare a high carb meal (wholemeal pasta or rice usually). The post workout meal is eaten within an hour of finishing my workout.
hmm.. Well, I'd go with the shake right after you finish your weight session then. And then, if you do cardio for 30 mins, 30 mins after your done your normal high carb meal would fit in perfectly.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
hmm.. Well, I'd go with the shake right after you finish your weight session then. And then, if you do cardio for 30 mins, 30 mins after your done your normal high carb meal would fit in perfectly.

Thanks for your help. Some baby reps for you :D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my recommendation would be to not use the albuterol in pct. better to wait till after pct.

T

thehazzle

Awards
I wouldnt do cardio post weights. All that work will be undone from the cardio unless its very low intensity like a fast walk which wont do much. IMO do HIIT on your off days, build into it gradually though and gauge how it effects your recovery.

z06

z06

Awards
I wouldnt do cardio post weights. All that work will be undone from the cardio unless its very low intensity like a fast walk which wont do much.
I actually do a fast paced walk on an incline and has proven to be extremely effective.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I actually do a fast paced walk on an incline and has proven to be extremely effective.
To the OP, I do the same thing as this guy and I love it.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
To the OP, I do the same thing as this guy and I love it.
Thanks for the answers guys.

I was thinking 30 mins on the cross-trainer.

HIIT cardio is not an option for me as I am recently recovered from an operation on my leg and running at high intensity isn't possible cross-trainer is possible, exercise bike and suppose fast walk is also possible.

This is what I was considering:

M - Chest/Cross Trainer 30mins
T - Back/Abs
W - Quads/Hams/Calfs
T - Shoulders/Traps/Cross Trainer 30mins
F - Biceps/Triceps/Abs
S - Rowing 15min/Cross Trainer 20 mins
S - Rest

Does this seem ok or should I drop the cardio on Thursday??

I will also hold off on the albuterol until after PCT (or maybe start in the last week of PCT if I'm PCT goes well)

Thanks Again

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try adding in our DCP product. It has nutrient partitioning effects that would very much enhance the effect of attaining lean mass gains. It does this by liberating fatty acid stores in your body and using them for fatty acid oxidized energy. This can help keep the actual fat accumulation to a minimum.

Many people take a 3-4 capsule dose prior to workouts for the amazing endurance enhancements it provides. :)

If you haven't checked out the write-up yet here it is:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/recomp-performance-nutrition/82369-dcp.html

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Try adding in our DCP product. It has nutrient partitioning effects that would very much enhance the effect of attaining lean mass gains. It does this by liberating fatty acid stores in your body and using them for fatty acid oxidized energy. This can help keep the actual fat accumulation to a minimum.

Many people take a 3-4 capsule dose prior to workouts for the amazing endurance enhancements it provides. :)

so is DCP best used with a Keto diet?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so is DCP best used with a Keto diet?
No not necessarily. It can be used in multifaceted ways to achieve whatever results you're looking for. It all about how your diet and training are set up.

It can be used to strictly target your accumulated fat stores and reduce overall bodyfar, or it is effective in limiting the amount of fat deposited that your taking in overall.

It should provided very good effects with any sound diet. The object of using this on cycle would be to limit the total amount of fat accumualtion deposited especially during a heavy bulker.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
No not necessarily. It can be used in multifaceted ways to achieve whatever results you're looking for. It all about how your diet and training are set up.

It can be used to strictly target your accumulated fat stores and reduce overall bodyfar, or it is effective in limiting the amount of fat deposited that your taking in overall.

It should provided very good effects with any sound diet. The object of using this on cycle would be to limit the total amount of fat accumualtion deposited especially during a heavy bulker.

im only on the third day of my diet and im highly interested in DCP

im doing 4 day less than 10 carbs, one day carb load and so on....might have to pick up some DCP

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im only on the third day of my diet and im highly interested in DCP

im doing 4 day less than 10 carbs, one day carb load and so on....might have to pick up some DCP
Let us know how it goes for you if you do. :)

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established

Ok I will look into that. Other wise does my cardio/weight regime look good for a lean bulk???

Thanks in advanced

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Ok I will look into that. Other wise does my cardio/weight regime look good for a lean bulk???

Thanks in advanced
If you want to "lean bulk" your cardio/weights has little to do with it. Its all about your diet. Your diet determines if you add fat whilst you gain muscle.

Eat very clean at about 400-500 surplus to maintenance, lift hard, and you will "lean bulk"

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
If you want to "lean bulk" your cardio/weights has little to do with it. Its all about your diet. Your diet determines if you add fat whilst you gain muscle.

Eat very clean at about 400-500 surplus to maintenance, lift hard, and you will "lean bulk"

Thanks, yes I realise what your saying but it is possible that im overdoing the cardio, and this is my first time using so I am not sure what to expect!! Hence just wanted to make sure the above program didnt look like cardio overkill!

Thanks