UPDATES regarding the ban of June, 2008???

  1. UPDATES regarding the ban of June, 2008???


    This subject has been discussed in various threads, but I don't know the status and details. Does anyone have particulars in regards to what exactly and when this is going to take place? Thanks.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by milwood View Post
    This subject has been discussed in various threads, but I don't know the status and details. Does anyone have particulars in regards to what exactly and when this is going to take place? Thanks.
    i think its a "meeting" in june then the ban will be in effect 90 days after. Some companies are going in to oppose the ban, but lets be real, the FDA is going to ban them.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by milwood View Post
    This subject has been discussed in various threads, but I don't know the status and details. Does anyone have particulars in regards to what exactly and when this is going to take place? Thanks.

    I think there is the meeting on the 26th June (or around that date) and they will decide on their decision whether to ban or not. After that the ban will probably become effective immediately, unlike the 2004 ban (when I say immediately I mean within the next few days after the meeting). Thus from what I have heard, come July these products will be scheduled drugs
    •   
       


  4. Just posted a thread with a list of supps to be banned. My bad for not seeing this one.

    Upcoming Ban - Comprehensive Supp List

  5. There. Now the feds don't have to do as much home work. You have lined it out very nicely for them. Company and product

  6. Quote Originally Posted by alden003 View Post
    There. Now the feds don't have to do as much home work. You have lined it out very nicely for them. Company and product
    they are not going to ban companies products, but the chemical/drug. And any company who makes a supplement with that chemical will be illegal. Theres only 8-10 chemicals they are banning...so they already know them all. it's so easily accessible.

  7. Interesting. I don't see one on that list I had expected. Prostanozol WAS on the last ban, wasn't it?? Perhaps it's cousin will not be so unfortunate...

  8. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    they are not going to ban companies products, but the chemical/drug. And any company who makes a supplement with that chemical will be illegal. Theres only 8-10 chemicals they are banning...so they already know them all. it's so easily accessible.
    Oh...YES! SAY IT AGAIN

  9. There are only three compounds in question and they are:

    1. Desoxymethyltestosterone
    2. 1,4AD
    3. 19-Norandrosta 4,9 diene 3,17 dione

  10. Quote Originally Posted by milwood View Post
    Interesting. I don't see one on that list I had expected. Prostanozol WAS on the last ban, wasn't it?? Perhaps it's cousin will not be so unfortunate...
    It was/is not banned.

  11. Where did someone get the idea that there are 8-10 chemicals being banned? The DEA document only classified 3.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Powerlifting USA June 2008 issue highlights
    By Sean Katterle in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 01:26 AM
  2. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 10:52 PM
  3. Updates
    By NickW in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 08:16 AM
Log in
Log in